Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds: Elimination Mode

Elusiin
Elusiin
✭✭✭✭✭
Game Rules:
  • Each team has 10 respawns.
  • Each time someone dies and respawns in base, -1.
  • If your team is out of respawns, no one can respawn in base.
  • Suicide without being damaged does not count off on respawns, but if someone suicides after being damaged, -1.
  • If an ally resurrects you before you respawn in base, your team does not lose a respawn.
  • Camping in base teleports players down out of base after a certain amount of time.

Map Ideas (keep them small to prevent hide-n-seek):
  • The Arena, from Oblivion.

EDIT: Made the rules more defined, added map ideas.
Edited by Elusiin on May 31, 2019 1:53PM

Battlegrounds: Elimination Mode 18 votes

Yay
66%
Rev RielleApheriuslonestarrangerkathandiraElwendryllStanxCompM4snryerson1025ApostateHoboGrandmadarkblue5Dunning_Kruger 12 votes
Nay
27%
LonePirateVaranaKr3doCortimiDarkenarlol 5 votes
Yay, but *insert suggestion*.
5%
Matthew_Galvanus 1 vote
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Id be cool with an elimination mode. Could be fun. :)
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    Id be cool with an elimination mode. Could be fun. :)

I think so, requires you to be a little more strategic than deathmatch. Less about stealing kills/getting the last hit on a kill, and more about helping your team survive til the end. Once your team is out of respawns, it's left to whoever is still standing. Could have some interesting fights lol.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    This is an awful idea. It literally will be nothing but 2 healers and two tanks running guard for 15 minutes.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    This is an awful idea. It literally will be nothing but 2 healers and two tanks running guard for 15 minutes.

Kill the healers first? Just because that is their team composition does not mean they're invincible. On another note, I wish pre-mades were forced into a separate queue.
    Edited by Elusiin on May 31, 2019 1:42PM
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    it gonna be fun only for 2 heal premades

just imagine for a second your common

lfg party with 2 dudes doing 40k/0 damage

(damage not DPS) /heal per whole match

and kill/death ratio like 1/20...

i don't think that we who use DF to que solo

need even more disadvantage caused by crappy teammates
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Sure, that sounds fun. Though in a fashion it is similar to the Death-match setting we already have, though instead of positive points going to another team when your character is defeated the points effectively get taken off yours instead. Sounds like it could turn into a long game of hide-and-seek though, and perhaps that's not in keeping with what battlegrounds are about. Still it may be different enough to warrant a mode of its own.

Regardless, the battleground modes we have thus far are all quite enjoyable, so I'd be fairly confident any additional ones they add would be similarly so (Assuming whatever Q.C. system they're using they continue to).
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it gonna be fun only for 2 heal premades

just imagine for a second your common

lfg party with 2 dudes doing 40k/0 damage

(damage not DPS) /heal per whole match

and kill/death ratio like 1/20...

i don't think that we who use DF to que solo

need even more disadvantage caused by crappy teammates

Okay, I hear where you're coming from, but until zos addresses pre-made teams in battlegrounds, this will be the case for any game mode (and already is). So I ask you, if there were no pre-mades, would you enjoy this game mode?
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    With the concerns presented here. What if it was Pre-Made only? No random finder. Because I do agree that the majority of the time a Premade will roflstomp most random groups.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Sure, that sounds fun. Though in a fashion it is similar to the Death-match setting we already have, though instead of positive points going to another team when your character is defeated the points effectively get taken off yours instead. Sounds like it could turn into a long game of hide-and-seek though, and perhaps that's not in keeping with what battlegrounds are about. Still it may be different enough to warrant a mode of its own.

Regardless, the battleground modes we have thus far are all quite enjoyable, so I'd be fairly confident any additional ones they add would be similarly so (Assuming whatever Q.C. system they're using they continue to).

Perhaps we could have a smaller arena, similar to the Arena in Oblivion, that would address hide and seek.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Elusiin wrote: »

Perhaps we could have a smaller arena, similar to the Arena in Oblivion, that would address hide and seek.
    True. However one of the strengths of each mode we have so far is that they can take place in any of the battleground maps. Still, it could certainly be an option for them yes.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True. However one of the strengths of each mode we have so far is that they can take place in any of the battleground maps. Still, it could certainly be an option for them yes.

There could certainly be objects and debris lying around for people to climb on, or move behind for cover. I think it could work, but honestly I'm open to any new BG mode lol.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I'd just queue to take light attack and jump into lava.

Competitive teams for the mode would make CP BGs look like blood baths.

Needs to be a mechanic to prevent stalemates besides intentional sabotage.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Cortimi wrote: »

Kill the healers first? Just because that is their team composition does not mean they're invincible. On another note, I wish pre-mades were forced into a separate queue.

Actually, that is EXACTLY what it means. Templar tank-heal hybrids will hold block, guard swap, cleanse your dots, and resto ulti each other and laugh at you the entire time.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.