Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil: Why Faction lock is only a Band-Aid fix for a bigger problem

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    For off peak accept 6pm to 2pm AEST.How many people do you need to tell you Shor and Sotha are dead in off peak before you accept it? 50? 100? 1000? I'll guess for you it would always be "1 more".
    Shor and Sotha don't exist anymore in PC NA, so I have no disagreement that they are "dead". The new campaigns are not "dead". As far as how many people have said this, I have heard some people define "dead" as "less than population capped". And now I have you claiming that the population bars are at zero. It's almost worth staying up late to take a screenshot proving otherwise.

Lethal zergling
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For off peak accept 6pm to 2pm AEST.How many people do you need to tell you Shor and Sotha are dead in off peak before you accept it? 50? 100? 1000? I'll guess for you it would always be "1 more".
    Shor and Sotha don't exist anymore in PC NA, so I have no disagreement that they are "dead". The new campaigns are not "dead". As far as how many people have said this, I have heard some people define "dead" as "less than population capped". And now I have you claiming that the population bars are at zero. It's almost worth staying up late to take a screenshot proving otherwise.

Xbox NA, champ. Feel free to hop on and and show me all those populations in off peak.

And, for the immediate future, we can all agree that the nomenclature of Vivec, Shor and Sotha will be interchangeable with 30cp, 7cp and 30nocp campaigns respectively. The dragon names are a PITB.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA, champ. Feel free to hop on and and show me all those populations in off peak.
    Ewww... console. Well, what if I take your word for it? Why not paste some screenshots in 3 hours? Or else in 16 hours?

Lethal zergling
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ewww... console. Well, what if I take your word for it? Why not paste some screenshots in 3 hours? Or else in 16 hours?

Feel free to take my word for it, in the absence of any reason I have to make what would be an easily disproven and stupid lie.

Edited by Mr_Walker on May 29, 2019 2:55AM
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well put OP. I would go further as to say, heck I'll even take it costing me some AP or gold or taking away my ability to be eligible for emp or geodes. Just give me AN option, not take-backsies on something they gave us freedom to do for the past few years.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    God forbid, choices matter now. How dare you ZOS...
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather just have faction change tokens and then give out a 'Call to Arms' buff to the low-pop Factions...something like x100 XP/AP plus a special bounty quest that awards a crap-load of coin.

Or...ya know...make it so Volendrung only drops for the lowest-pop faction; immediately disappearing if that faction gains more people (so you can have people sit out until Vol drops then mass join).

It's completely stupid that pop-locked factions can get Vol and steamroll even more.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    if you want to stop faction lock Maybe all stop eso+ that still got it and dont spend Money on expanisons :wink:
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And, for the immediate future, we can all agree that the nomenclature of Vivec, Shor and Sotha will be interchangeable with 30cp, 7cp and 30nocp campaigns respectively. The dragon names are a PITB.

You just explained the real reason why people don't want to switch from the locked 30 day to the unlocked 7 day. It's about how slow people are to accept change. The campaigns were changed from unlocked to locked and people are reluctant to change. Even a small thing like changing a name, shows how people are reluctant to change.

• ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    #deletefactionlocksalready
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    easy fix .. BG's
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    easy fix .. BG's

Not easy fix, Oceanic playtime.

Feel free to stay up till 5am and fix that for me tho.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    easy fix .. BG's

no shortage of oceanic players at all, same planet?
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    easy fix .. BG's

no shortage of oceanic players at all, same planet?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439549/oceanic-lag-now-300-400-ms-even-with-a-vpn-was-250-30
    Losing a lot of us with this.

Bet you never touched that link before did ya?
    "Well it's got nothing to do with me and I'm right even when I don't have any knowledge on the subject!"

Edited by ellahellabella on August 4, 2019 10:33PM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't need to touch the link I live in the region and by forum accounts were ruing the game with 'night capping'

next
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't need to touch the link I live in the region and by forum accounts were ruing the game with 'night capping'

next

That thread was made by an Oceanic and it talks about how our connections to the server are taking ridiculous detours through Europe to reach the NA server...
    So I'll take back the 'got nothing to do with you'. NZ is enjoying the same detour through the long pathed wonderland.
    Edited by ellahellabella on August 5, 2019 5:17AM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do people use the excuse they cannot play with friends when only one campaign is locked? its just an ignorant response and poor excuse for refusing to just guest somewhere else, unless ofcourse they want to stack the winning sides to get tier 2 rewards for geodes easier then swap to the next alliance when its easier and can no longer do that

Poor excuse and ignorant ? You do realize no cp has no option to play an unlocked campaign right ? So yes for many people this is a very valid point, and certainly does prevent them from playing with friends.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were off-topic and did not constructively contribute to the conversation. This is a friendly reminder to remain constructive and civil when posting. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post