The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any progress on appointing housing reps?

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
Some time back you guys mentioned that you had discussed the possibility of getting 'Housing Reps'
@ZOS_GinaBruno This is great, hope you have some awesome contributors to add to the already amazing Reps list! Any word on the possibility of having a “Community Rep” program for housing or PVE in general? Many have requested the likes here on the forums, more specifically us in the housing community. Thx for your time!
It's something we've talked about, yeah. We just need to make sure we can fully support an additional program before committing to it.

I just want to follow up with you guys on this. There has been a lot of negativity starting to creep into the housing forums lately. We have gone from a community that rarely ever saw a moderators cautions to now seeing frequent reminders about forum rules. Much of this recent discord stems, I believe, from the perception that ZOS is unwilling to communicate with the community in relation to housing. Now, I appreciate that Cullen Lee appeared recently on ESO Live and addressed 3 issues but in general, the lack of communication on the forums from housing devs is, I believe, starting to result in a hostile undertone creeping into a community that was always very friendly.
I believe that having Housing Reps would help to improve the sense of communication with ZOS. It would allow us get answers to more of our questions and at least feel like we are getting some feedback.
Given that this is one of the most expensive (and from ZOS's perspective, potentially lucrative) aspects of the game, I think it would be important to expedite whatever discussions are being had on this. My impression from looking at the change in tone on these forums is that people are getting frustrated and disconnected owing to a seeming disinterested wall of silence from ZOS's side. I know this isnt the case, and i know you do listen, thats why i feel that some engegement program such as housing reps would change a growing, negative impression.
So, to that end I would ask beg you to come back to us on this and update us on where discussions are going on this topic.
Thanks & Regards,
Zypheran
Edited by Zypheran on May 24, 2019 9:00PM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great to have reps for Housing. Even if some community asks are not currently possible to do, I am sure there are community ideas that are doable.

Hopefully they follow up on this... :)
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they have reached out to people from what I’ve heard. I would love to be a console housing rep. I spend so much time in game on Housing it would be amazing to be a part of it. I am glad they have spoken to other equally avid housing players.
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    I nominate @R_K otherwise known as our beloved cardi from Essential Housing Tools and Magic Carpet.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZAD1ST wrote: »
    I believe they have reached out to people from what I’ve heard. I would love to be a console housing rep. I spend so much time in game on Housing it would be amazing to be a part of it. I am glad they have spoken to other equally avid housing players.

That's interesting @ZAD1ST where did you hear that they had approached some people?
    I would have hoped they would have done this through an announcement asking people to apply. I know some people (I'm sure we all do) who would be very good in this role. I hope they would get the opportunity to apply or be nominated by the community.
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for being vague ❤️ but it’s not my place to say however I too would like there to be official reps and an opportunity to apply and or be nominated.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nominate @R_K otherwise known as our beloved cardi from Essential Housing Tools and Magic Carpet.

Thus seconded
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would honestly love the chance to confer with the in-house team periodically to discuss issues / resolutions (and perhaps exchange ideas). After developing Addons for Housing for this long, I have an intimate knowledge of the API (for both Housing and the game itself at this point), so perhaps that could also be helpful.

(and thank you for the +1's everyone) <3
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    I would honestly love the chance to confer with the in-house team periodically to discuss issues / resolutions (and perhaps exchange ideas). After developing Addons for Housing for this long, I have an intimate knowledge of the API (for both Housing and the game itself at this point), so perhaps that could also be helpful.

I would find it very strange if ZOS has approached other people behind the scenes without having approached you Cardi.
    I am delighted though to hear that you would be willing to be a housing rep. That settles it for me :smiley:
    "A vote for Cardi is a vote for progress!"
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

I would find it very strange if ZOS has approached other people behind the scenes without having approached you Cardi.
    I am delighted though to hear that you would be willing to be a housing rep. That settles it for me :smiley:
    "A vote for Cardi is a vote for progress!"

I'm on board with this - I can stuff envelopes...or ballot boxes ;)
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno make it so
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Placing my vote for Cardi/R_K for Housing Representative.

There wouldn't be a player who doesn't know that this guy is top shelf.

~ waves to traffic as it goes by ... toot horns for Cardi ~

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros and cons of R_K as Housing Rep:

Pros:
    • Well known and respected in the community
    • Knowledgable about many things housing
    • communicates with the community (reason for the first point in this list)
    • could probably teach the ZoS team a couple things about how to do things, such as maybe helping to touch up little things or come up with a system where the user can choose the base of a house interior? Help fix/prevent bugs, etc.

Cons:
    • It’s a great idea so ZoS will never do it :(

That’s it for my pros and cons list, R_K would surely get my vote for housing rep :)
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I too would vote vor Cardi/R_k as a housing rep. No-one is better suited for that job!

ALL HAIL THE HOUSING-REP!!! HEAR HEAR!!!
    This one likes to play.....
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cons:
    • It’s a great idea so ZoS will never do it :(

And this sums up literally every thing wrong with ESO in general
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Did a Housing Rep happen? There's been a lot of chatter about the recent houses but I haven't seen any Rep talk about them.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, @R_K now works for ZOS, so that's a thing. :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t notice at first that @Zypheran ‘s post was from May as it seems timely now. I’ve only been here (both in ESO and on the forum) since July, but it has seemed to me that the Housing community is generally positive, some long-term frustrations, but it seems some negativity has increased, at least from my admittedly limited perspective.

It does seem to stem from a feeling of inadequate communication:

1) Furnishings loooong requested and which seem basic and already present in game — when might we see more of these or is there a reason why we don’t?

2) Sizes and prices of homes — Especially if item limits can’t be increased, we’d like to see more modest sized homes with a relatively high item limit. Regarding price, it’s to be expected that some will be Crown only, but it would be well-received for there to be gold options for some new homes at least.

3) Existing problems in homes — it’s good to see that feedback regarding invisible walls in the Potentate’s Retreat were addressed but there appear to be continuing issues with older homes, particularly Xanmeer that need to be fixed, especially since this was an expensive Crown-only purchase.

I hope it isn’t overly presumptuous of me to attempt any summary of a community I have only recently joined, but maybe it can be helpful in it’s own way. In any case, I am happy to be here, really enjoy ESO as a whole and ESO housing, appreciate the great people here who contribute to the community, and hope to see it only get better! :)
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Wall of Silence" sums it up nicely.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K works for zos now I believe and will voice our concerns probably. Now lets get potentate's retreat side rooms to be bigger
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    @R_K works for zos now I believe and will voice our concerns probably. Now lets get potentate's retreat side rooms to be bigger

I believe he will, yes. :) It would be nice if he were able to communicate some of ZOS’s plans or responses in regards to housing to us (obviously no fault of @R_K if he cannot).

Regarding Potentate’s Retreat, I don’t expect it is reasonable to ask for modeling changes to a house soon to be released. If they were to make any changes at all, I think having the crystals in the water be a removable furnishing item has been most requested.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item limits should be 1st line of work as it would help everyone not just an few and work from there but with my money on the line i vote @R_K to lead us into an better housing community