The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Now Accepting Class Rep Applications

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Are these reps mainly to address combat elements or will you be appointing reps for other aspects also? I'm thinking specifically of housing.

That fits more to the community ambassador program I think. We're mostly there for the combat stuff.

Turelus said differently
    Community Ambassadors are just people recognised as being helpful within the community and have a direct line to ZOS' community team.

We can send information to them regarding threads, bugs, exploits etc. in order to highlight them but generally we don't have any input in regards to development of ESO, no access to any development staff.

Any word on new forum pics?
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 26, 2019 8:59AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB tanking needs a class rep imho. "Sap" tank used to be awesome and unique way to play a tank role. Now NB tanking aside from normal base game dungeons it is pretty much dead...
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    NB tanking needs a class rep imho. "Sap" tank used to be awesome and unique way to play a tank role. Now NB tanking aside from normal base game dungeons it is pretty much dead...

Liofa has been trying to get these things in, but it's hard to get these "niche" things in as a priority focus. I loved NB tanking back then, but NB tank doesn have anything it really contributes or if it does, it isnt obvious enough...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

Liofa has been trying to get these things in, but it's hard to get these "niche" things in as a priority focus. I loved NB tanking back then, but NB tank doesn have anything it really contributes or if it does, it isnt obvious enough...

Tanking trials on a Nightblade, but they could use a little more love, If I would be chosen for class rep, this would be one of my goals, nice to hear that someone is trying!
    Edited by Blackleopardex on March 26, 2019 11:19AM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Are these reps mainly to address combat elements or will you be appointing reps for other aspects also? I'm thinking specifically of housing.

That fits more to the community ambassador program I think. We're mostly there for the combat stuff.

Turelus said differently
    Community Ambassadors are just people recognised as being helpful within the community and have a direct line to ZOS' community team.

We can send information to them regarding threads, bugs, exploits etc. in order to highlight them but generally we don't have any input in regards to development of ESO, no access to any development staff.

Since that's the case, it might indeed be a good idea for ZOS to consider either expanding the Class Rep program or creating a new Community Rep program to better address the areas where the community feels like their input in to development is neglected.

Unless, of course, the conversation would be more like:

"Sorry, we're trying to deal with technical limitations that so far prevent us from doing what you want"

Or, "Sorry, but that's our vision for how we're implementing X, Y, and Z. Dont expect changes."

Or even, "Sorry, we already got that from your communities' forum posts even though we didn't ever respond."

If ZOS knows that to be the case, it might not seem worth it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is great, hope you have some awesome contributors to add to the already amazing Reps list! Any word on the possibility of having a “Community Rep” program for housing or PVE in general? Many have requested the likes here on the forums, more specifically us in the housing community. Thx for your time!
    It's something we've talked about, yeah. We just need to make sure we can fully support an additional program before committing to it.
    Need balance reps and console reps.

Throw in battleground reps too.

I agree with the console reps as I wonder how Much of the player base comes from there
    We would love to have a member from the console community! :)

Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as there’s class reps that represent that atrocious server performance and terrible bugs. Maybe some that actually play console instead of everyone just being from PC
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is great, hope you have some awesome contributors to add to the already amazing Reps list! Any word on the possibility of having a “Community Rep” program for housing or PVE in general? Many have requested the likes here on the forums, more specifically us in the housing community. Thx for your time!
    It's something we've talked about, yeah. We just need to make sure we can fully support an additional program before committing to it.
    Need balance reps and console reps.

Throw in battleground reps too.

I agree with the console reps as I wonder how Much of the player base comes from there
    We would love to have a member from the console community! :)

My S.O's endgame is decorating. Has decorated or helped probably over 50 houses. I could represent Housing with her help. I have applied.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an Important Question for prob many ppls is:

"Would you recommend joining the Class Rep programm?"

maybe a Classrep has an answer for that? @Liofa @Masel ? :cold_sweat:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

maybe a Classrep has an answer for that?

Not unless you have the patience of a saint ^^
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »

And if you wouldn't mind getting blamed by the community for everything ;)

Edited by Suddwrath on March 26, 2019 3:35PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    I would like to submit my application for the Lamb-to-the-slaughter Rep program :)

havent seem much classrep blaming lately...they give input, but in the end its ZOS desicion...so they actually cant do much to prevent certain changes etc.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we can get a few more people in there that know their way around the game's lore. It sometimes feels like the people there only play an MMO-noRP-G.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills required in addition to 'Patience of the Saint' probably include:

Arms of Steel
    Sealed Lips
    Doughnut resistance +20
    Always wide awake
    Cool as cucumber
    Forum shield

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to submit my application for the Lamb-to-the-slaughter Rep program :)

havent seem much classrep blaming lately...they give input, but in the end its ZOS desicion...so they actually cant do much to prevent certain changes etc.

Not that much blaming lately right, but still drama evolves quite fast as soon as somebody has a different vision that a rep.

If I recommend joining the class reps? Sure! It is a ton of fun in this group and it is very interesting to learn more about the devs point of view. But it is also quite some work (depending where you get your feedback from). I see it as a hobby, to talk with the people about classes, exchanging ideas, making suggestions, etc. The devs are open for all that stuff, but that doesnt mean it will get in the game.

So yes, I recommend joining the team, if you have enough time to do so, if you have fun talking about the game, if you can handle some drama and critics....and if you really want to do something for the game.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curiouser and curiouser
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Checkmath wrote: »

Not that much blaming lately right, but still drama evolves quite fast as soon as somebody has a different vision that a rep.

If I recommend joining the class reps? Sure! It is a ton of fun in this group and it is very interesting to learn more about the devs point of view. But it is also quite some work (depending where you get your feedback from). I see it as a hobby, to talk with the people about classes, exchanging ideas, making suggestions, etc. The devs are open for all that stuff, but that doesnt mean it will get in the game.

So yes, I recommend joining the team, if you have enough time to do so, if you have fun talking about the game, if you can handle some drama and critics....and if you really want to do something for the game.

I dont think anyone of us has ever been blamed for changes :trollface: no seriously, it is a very cool experience, but as Check said, as soon as you start becoming one of us, be careful where to voice your opinion. You have to behave sort of like a Dev. Say things that are commonly agreed on (like nerf sorc or let's remove everything but NB dds) and then you're fine.

Other than that, we have a pretty nice group going right now, it's a very open-minded environment, so yes i'd recommend it.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Philgo68
    Philgo68
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'd put my hat in the ring as an Add-On developer rep...
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Liam12548
    Your time has come.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoobZ69 wrote: »
    More cannon fodder

Nailed it.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills required in addition to 'Patience of the Saint' probably include:

Arms of Steel
    Sealed Lips
    Doughnut resistance +20
    Always wide awake
    Cool as cucumber
    Forum shield

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Oh! Hahahaha!

😶
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    This is one I won't get. Solo players, like me, by their very nature don't care to be seen by everyone. They just want to Have Fun!!
    55465156_10218840542309844_4081172585738403840_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3d7ae69a6be9d72dab762197c9e5561d&oe=5D4EB65C

Thank you!

You get my vote!
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ability for a person to inject their own opinion to developers, and claim it is the wishes of the community, encourages me to believe that the program shouldn't exist.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we please have an email letter that we fill out that answers the questions and gives our opinions sent to us instead of this class rep program?
    that way the actual feelings of the entire community could be seen rather than a few peoples personal opinions be seen.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 26, 2019 9:30PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    can we please have an email letter that we fill out that answers the questions and gives our opinions sent to us instead of this class rep program?
    that way the actual feelings of the entire community could be seen rather than a few peoples personal opinions be seen.

Something like the Class Rep Feedback Form? Or their Discords? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416444/eso-class-representative-program-feedback-channels
    @Masel I hope this is still accurate! If not, is there a better source to point people to?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Something like the Class Rep Feedback Form? Or their Discords?

no, not at all what i am asking the developers.
    let me be as clear as possible.

i am asking the developers to send us (each account on the elderscrolls online database) a personal email that has all the questions about upcoming changes and ideas that are in the future patches, as well as a small space to write changes we personally have about our desires for changes. instead of having a class rep do it for us, and not a discord.
    im talking about an email.
    the reason is as i listed earlier:

"that the ability for a person to inject their own opinion to developers, and claim it is the wishes of the community, encourages me to believe that the program shouldn't exist."

i hope that answered your question and made it more clear what i was asking the developers for.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭

i am asking the developers to send us (each account on the elderscrolls online database) a personal email that has all the questions about upcoming changes and ideas that are in the future patches, as well as a small space to write changes we personally have about our desires for changes. instead of having a class rep do it for us, and not a discord.

"that the ability for a person to inject their own opinion to developers, and claim it is the wishes of the community, encourages me to believe that the program shouldn't exist."

i hope that answered your question and made it more clear what i was asking the developers for.

Yeah, and someone will read all these wonderful ideas from all these Gilvoths like Santa Claus reads all the letters from all the kids, right?
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except that the majority of the community truthfully does not know what’s best for the game. How can someone who’s never completed a vet trial give feedback on the state of DPS class wise?

The only way I would agree to something like what you’re saying is if people were categorized into distinct fields, ie if you’ve completed 10+ total Vet DLC trials you qualify for the PvE feedback, if you’ve spent 100+ Hours in a 4 person or less group in cyrodiil you qualify for the PvP feedback, etc.

The best thing about the Class Rep system is the current class reps are very knowledgeable about the game as per their respective roles, and thus can sort feedback from various players into levels of experience. Someone with an hour of experience on this game should have nowhere near the vocal status of someone who has 1000s of hours.
    Edited by templesus on March 26, 2019 10:52PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That method sounds like the Devs would have to wade through an enormous amount of trolling, junk, useless feedback and just plain inexperienced players' opinions on L2Play issues. Sturgeon's Law is a thing. The Class Reps generally match ZOS' vision for players that are experienced with all levels of content and the two gameplay modes that ZOS balances together: PVE and PVP. The majority of players in ESO do not fit that bill in one way or another, nor do we have any knowledge of ZOS' direction for development so even more of our survey feedback would be useless to the Devs.

I mean, if you want a place to express your opinion where the Devs can see it if they want, you've got the forums, right here. (Which, I love the forums, but we get a lot of trolliing, junk, useless feedback, and just plain inexperienced players' opinions on L2Play issues mixed in with the good stuff.)

The Class Rep program is clearly in addition to the forums, allowing the Reps to take community feedback and relay it to the Devs with the two-way communication between them and Devs in mind.

There's always a trade-off between having a group large enough to not form an echo chamber and a group small enough to actually get quality feedback and get stuff done. Its nice to see the Class Rep program expanding. But I don't think we need to flip it around and overwhelm the Devs with a playerbase-wide survey that's going to provide an awful lot of proof that Sturgeon's Law is a thing.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need bot reps. Lately I saw a lot of attacks against these harmless creatures, and the bot representative would ensure that a healthy number of bots is being kept. ;P

Anyway, nice to hear that the program develops! Would be really nice to have representatives in other game aspects than PVP
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ll represent the forum trolls. It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it.

You have either too many or too few forum posts for that role ;)
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 26, 2019 11:22PM