The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Now Accepting Class Rep Applications

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone!

Our Class Rep Program has been active for about a year, and we've made several adjustments that have really strengthened the value of the program. To reiterate, the main goal of the program is to make sure your voice is being heard as we consider future changes that affect combat and gameplay. As we prepare for Elsweyr, we're looking for interested volunteers to join the existing Class Reps involved in the program. If you'd like to be considered, please fill out this short application form. We'll be in touch if we need additional information, or if you've been chosen to join the program.

Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno time machine wont be needed this time? ;)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exciting! Let me know when you guys are looking for Fishing reps :wink:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno time machine wont be needed this time? ;)

Har har :tongue:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see more people being chosen
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 25, 2019 9:37PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to volunteer my services as jewelry crafting master writ rep if that position is open.

In all seriousness, I hope you get some solid candidates to add to the program. That's a tough role to fill and a lot of hate gets flung at our reps. Overall they do a great job at relaying concerns.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are these reps mainly to address combat elements or will you be appointing reps for other aspects also? I'm thinking specifically of housing.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Are these reps mainly to address combat elements or will you be appointing reps for other aspects also? I'm thinking specifically of housing.

That fits more to the community ambassador program I think. We're mostly there for the combat stuff.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

That fits more to the community ambassador program I think. We're mostly there for the combat stuff.

@Turelus said differently though trust me I wish it was like that.
    Edited by Tasear on March 26, 2019 12:09PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks @Masel I thought as much but thought it wouldn't hurt to promote the idea :)
    P.S. you guys do a great job and the class rep program definitely seems to be adding value in combat
    Edited by Zypheran on March 25, 2019 10:04PM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fairness you really should have a questing, crafting, fishing and housing rep(s).

Passive PVE'rs are not represented in your 'class rep' system.

Our only recourse is to make threads on this forum, which quickly disappear off the first page and are ignored.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheYKcid sounds like your kind of thing
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    In fairness you really should have a questing, crafting, fishing and housing rep(s).

Our only recourse is to make threads on this forum, which quickly disappear off the first page and are ignored.

I think ZOS could do with making a Community Rep program to address those things, with the caveat that those people would probably end up under an NDA too.

But as the system stands right now, those aspects of the game don't fit in the Class Rep program from everything we've seen from their notes - and we know they don't have time to cover all the classes in those meetings already. They don't fit the scope of the program because passive PVEers have little to do with the combat direction of the game or how individual classes play. For Housing, Crafting, Fishing, and Questing, it doesn't matter how you approach combat or which class you are.

So unless ZOS wants to expand the scope of the Class Reps, with their apparent focus on combat and class balance in all types of content, I don't see where "passive PVE" fits. The program seems limited by design to produce focused feedback on combat and class balance, and it seems to be doing a good job of providing that (with the caveat that ZOS does what they want.)

Now, sure, ZOS could do with additional Community Reps from areas of the community like "passive PVE" questing, housing, fishing and crafting, or at least greater acknowledgement and communication of those communities' concerns.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »

I'd sign up for that! :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll represent the forum trolls. It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the new people are not from the anti-CP crowd
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if a new rep played outside of the box. There have been a few combat changes that were made with tunnel vision and then quickly scaled back once exposed to people who aren’t in the tunnel. Of course, taking someone outside of the “tunnel” into “tunnel meetings” has the risk of making them into a “tunnel person.”

Now I have the “mole people” song in my head.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would actually be interesting to see if there was positions for “Remote Class Representatives.” You know, to be able to monitor the forums and note accordingly to be able to pass said notes to ZOS through PM or some other method of choice outlined by ZOS respectively from the comfort of ones own home somewhere ‘round the world.

Not every class representative may show in person to the HQ depending on the scenario at hand, to pass notes, converse on said topics and vice versa. But it could open up new opportunities.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd apply, but I know that developers see me as a person non grata. So I'd just suggest not designing classes that go against game's philosophy (pets, cast time, limited range, line of sight checks, warden, etc) and then everything should be good.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Southern Hemisphere PS4 Europe server I’ll gladly put my hands up for Lag and disconnects rep :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need balance reps and console reps.

Throw in battleground reps too.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on March 26, 2019 2:58AM
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is great, hope you have some awesome contributors to add to the already amazing Reps list! Any word on the possibility of having a “Community Rep” program for housing or PVE in general? Many have requested the likes here on the forums, more specifically us in the housing community. Thx for your time!
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff argonians
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one I won't get. Solo players, like me, by their very nature don't care to be seen by everyone. They just want to Have Fun!!
    55465156_10218840542309844_4081172585738403840_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3d7ae69a6be9d72dab762197c9e5561d&oe=5D4EB65C

Edited by Casdha on March 26, 2019 5:19AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    More cannon fodder
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need balance reps and console reps.

Throw in battleground reps too.

I agree with the console reps as I wonder how Much of the player base comes from there
    Edited by White wabbit on March 26, 2019 7:22AM
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to meet the new class reps!
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I didn’t have a potato laptop i would apply :(
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should a laptop prevent you from doing so?
    I played for a rather long time on a laptop too ;)

Also I am excited to learn about all those people interested in joining us.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Why should a laptop prevent you from doing so?
    I played for a rather long time on a laptop too ;)

Also I am excited to learn about all those people interested in joining us.

Well I run the game in medium and don’t have room for the pts on it. Albeit those reasons I would love to throw my hat in the ring to help the community.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Turelus said differently
    Community Ambassadors are just people recognised as being helpful within the community and have a direct line to ZOS' community team.

We can send information to them regarding threads, bugs, exploits etc. in order to highlight them but generally we don't have any input in regards to development of ESO, no access to any development staff.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."