The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP stam sorc build

• Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think its important that people discern what environment they're using their builds in. Some of these posts clearly BG's and others CP open world and some I just cant tell :p
    Joined September 2013
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    think its important that people discern what environment they're using their builds in. Some of these posts clearly BG's and others CP open world and some I just cant tell :p

Yeah I agree. Builds are so different depending what you play for :)

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »

Yeah that's definitely important and always overlooked. People recommend pvp builds, but when you actually watch the videos, it's like "ok but what are they actually fighting."

There are lots of other examples, too. An army of noobs is different from a squad of high end night blades. Face tanking a thousand players focus firing you because you are at the top of a kill priority list is different from a casual fight or a player who only duels... Before you even get to the idea that pvp videos are edited to look good.
    Edited by Cathexis on January 9, 2019 4:35AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm quite impressed with nmg on stamsorc. It frees you up for other options. Mine isn't level 50 yet but I've planned on experimenting with chudan to replace hurricane. My build is less about aoe Dot and more single target Dot's and weapon damage.

Lvl 43 with just lvl 40 blue armor, 5pc nmg body/5pc kvatch weaps/jewelry, 2 heavy, 5 medium, purple dagger, axe frontbar and bow backbar.

Pulling 4k weapon damage with surge up on frontbar, about 3.5 on back, around 43% critical on both. I did allocate CP a few levels back as the battle leveling was beginning to shrink. Overall, stamsorc is quickly becoming my favorite class.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    I've been enjoying medium armor this patch in cyrodiil. I run:

Seventh Legion / Briarheart / Troll King / Master 2h

Or

Battlefield Acrobat / Potentates / Blood Spawn / Asylum 2h / Master DW

I have been finding difficulty managing a balance of damage vs sustain vs survivability, but you shouldn't be able to build for everything. So I run all damage enchants, traits and mundus so that I can kill all but the most tanky.

As far as spammable, i dont think sorcs need one, but I am unhappy with the wpn spammables. Currently I'm trying to push what stam sorc has to offer with a combo of Wrecking Blow (gives empower) > Overload Light Attack > Dawnbreaker > Overload Light Attack > Reverse Slice, but it's a clunky combo that can be partially reflected. It seems even with the light attack buff we have dizzy swing is best over wrecking blow. If they gave stam sorc a physical morph of overload, it might be worth trying the combo again.

Oh, I remember how hard I tried to make it work. Just too clunky, and it needs too much bar space. It does work as a Bowtard, though, with another source of empower and Imbue Weapons, but who would want to fight like that?
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generic Open World Stamsorc 1HS/2H (CP-Environment)

5x Fury, 5x cyrodiil's crest (5k+ burst heals on 5 second cooldown for just blocking and you can 1 bar it) on jewelry + 1hs frontbar, Asylum / Agility 2h on backbar, 2x Trollking or Bloodspawn (5H/2M or 6H/1M)
    Jewelry Traits: 2x Infused weapon damage + 1x Triune/Healthy/Robust Reduce Cost
    Enchants: Helmet/Chest/Legs Tri-stat, others + shield stam enchant, double dot poison on nirn 2h, berserker glyph on infused 1hs
    Food: Artareum Brooth or Orzogas whichever you prefer, if you are poor just go dubious.
    Aim for 26k HP, its just way too important with how bursty PvP is right now.
    CP as usual, just dont invest anything into thaumaturge, mostly just buff direct damage and light/heavy attack damage.
    Invest enough CP in the red tree that you hit at least 3k crit resistance and a good chunk into healing done (blessed, blue tree) and healing received.
    When Fury is ramped up and you proc your berserk glyph you are gonna look at something around 4.4k weapon damage on your 1hs bar, which is your main damage bar, Light attack ransack bash weaving is your main rotation.
    Skillbars:
    Front Bar (1hs): Ransack | Reverberating Bash | Crit Surge | Hurricane | Bound Armaments | Spell Wall (1hs ult) / Psijic ult
    Back Bar (2h): Reverse Slash | Ball of Lightning / Streak | Vigor | Dark Deal | Forward Momentum | Dawnbreaker of Smiting

The major downsides of this build is: It takes at least a small glimpse of skill to use, it doesnt use the most broken *** like bleeds / master dual wield and cyrodiils crest shields are expensive as *** (80k gold in bad traits).
    Edited by ATomiX96 on January 11, 2019 11:43AM
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Could I revive this thread?

I really want to make a BG tuned stam Sorc Brawler. Either SnB/2H or DW.
    I am researching what aoe or DoTs I can use that will crit and give me health sustain from Crit Surge. I like 7th legion, but I want more crit than that plus a resource set like Bone Pirates. If I go SnB I would lean towards Heavy armour and using Heroic slash to generate Ulti. Going Nord with Blood spawn to stack Ulti generation.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've theorycrafted a stamsorc with 5k healing per second and more than good damage output. I'd like to have more resistances though. I'm yet to try it in PvP since all body pieces I got are in Divines.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭

I am researching what aoe or DoTs I can use that will crit and give me health sustain from Crit Surge. I like 7th legion, but I want more crit than that plus a resource set like Bone Pirates. If I go SnB I would lean towards Heavy armour and using Heroic slash to generate Ulti. Going Nord with Blood spawn to stack Ulti generation.

I stopped using crit surge in no cp as it was hard to build enough crit to make it worth it. Technically it probably healed me as much as vigor only in less predictable way but i prefer fm or rally unless i don't go with 2h.

Bone Pirate is nice but i don't think its worth it especially after the nerf to dubious cameron. I get my sustain from bound armaments and some recovery glyphs. I do like Blood Spawn and minor heroism on stam sorc. Since there is no reliable spammable having high up time on ult feels great.

• SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    I've theorycrafted a stamsorc with 5k healing per second and more than good damage output. I'd like to have more resistances though. I'm yet to try it in PvP since all body pieces I got are in Divines.

I just came from a build where I was self healing and surving well, but no damage...
    Demra wrote: »

I stopped using crit surge in no cp as it was hard to build enough crit to make it worth it. Technically it probably healed me as much as vigor only in less predictable way but i prefer fm or rally unless i don't go with 2h.

Interesting to not run crit surge at all.. I know that Weapon damage increases the damage of say: Caltrops, but I do not know if it scales with Crit rating... time to go check it on a Dummy i suppose.
    Edited by SacredEarth on May 3, 2019 12:58AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any good build for BG? I seem to be pounded by everything in bg as I run medium armor.

High dmg and stam regen and mobility, lower resistance, health/magicka and survivability.

I'm usin bone pirate, spriggon, and bloodspawn. Dual weld and bow/2h(for buffing only)

I can only survive in group play or healer, otherwise, anyone can kill me.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Any good build for BG? I seem to be pounded by everything in bg as I run medium armor.

High dmg and stam regen and mobility, lower resistance, health/magicka and survivability.

I'm usin bone pirate, spriggon, and bloodspawn. Dual weld and bow/2h(for buffing only)

I can only survive in group play or healer, otherwise, anyone can kill me.

Yeah you will really need to build for some survivability in no cp. In bgs it hard to find cover to avoid damage which makes low resistance characters an easy target. Plus your openents are all grouped and either have insane burst damage or they are tanky and can fight for a while. I first of all take care of my survivability, than sustain and finally damage. I like running medium mark of pariah for this reason.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my full set up

Orc
    Steed Mundus
    Arteum takeaway broth
    Stam/Health/Crit (or immovable) pots
    Minor Defile Poisons

x5 Medium
    x2 Heavy
    2H/Bow

x5 Cyrodils Ward (2h bar)
    x5 Hulking
    x2 Troll King
    x1 Master Bow

Using x2 infused rings with WD enchant.

Stampede/Dizzy/ReverseSlice/BA/Rally - Dawnbreaker

Injection/DarkDeal/Vigor/Surge/Hurricane - Atro

Very well rounded build, and fits the brawler style because with surge, vigor, rally and then the high health recovery ontop (troll king, arteum and the steed) it allows you to take heavy damage.

Im thinking of trading up the master bow for blackrose axes, giving me access to major protection and major evasion adding to how tanky i can be, but that will cost me the range from the bow.
    Edited by psychotic13 on May 7, 2019 10:17AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my full set up

Orc
    Steed Mundus
    Arteum takeaway broth
    Minor Defile Poisons

x5 Medium
    x2 Heavy
    2H/Bow

x5 Hulking
    x2 Troll King
    x1 Master Bow

Very well rounded build, and fits the brawler style because with surge, vigor, rally and then the high health recovery ontop (troll king, arteum and the steed) it allows you to take heavy damage.

Im thinking of trading up the master bow for blackrose axes, giving me access to major protection and major evasion adding to how tanky i can be, but that will cost me the range from the bow.

Is artiem takeaway still worth it in elswyre, since the nerf to it? And us there another vaible food/drink beside it. Gold stuff are expensive and I'm a lowly peasant.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my full set up

Orc
    Steed Mundus
    Arteum takeaway broth
    Minor Defile Poisons

x5 Medium
    x2 Heavy
    2H/Bow

x5 Hulking
    x2 Troll King
    x1 Master Bow

Is artiem takeaway still worth it in elswyre, since the nerf to it? And us there another vaible food/drink beside it. Gold stuff are expensive and I'm a lowly peasant.

I imagine in this build, yes. Cause youll benefit from all 4 bonuses. But otherwise if using dubious id probably run bone pirate over hulking.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    1x chudan, 1x velidreth, Bone Pirate or senche and Spriggans.

Orc,Redguard or Bosmer, steed/warrior/lover, Broth/dubious and crit pots

2h; dswing, reverse slice, forward momentum, Crit surge and bound arms. Dawnbreaker

bow; dark deal, vigor, bound arms, PI and hurricane. Undo

Destroys everything in deathmatches. no need for weapon sets either.
    Edited by Liww on May 7, 2019 2:38PM
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    Two-Fanged Snake synergizes very well with stam sorc for an extra 850 pen over Spriggans. I don't use the set on any other stamina class, but never have a problem keeping it max proc'd, even in an open world 1v1.

https://eso-sets.com/set/twice-fanged-serpent
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    Stamsorc are basically like stamdks, but more focused on a mix of offense, mobility and regen rather than pure defense like dks

They're worse at 1v1s but i feel they're much superior to stamdks for general battlegrounds thanks to their better mobility and regen.

90% of the builds that work on Stamdk will also work on Stamsorcs too, i'd suggest going either 7th-Spriggan-Bloodspawn with a Nirnhoned Maul+SnB for a Dizzy Swing focused build or medium Shacklebreaker-Spriggan/Bone pirate-Bloodspawn DW+2h for a more regen oriented build
    Edited by Beffagorn on May 10, 2019 7:49AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    Stamsorc are basically like stamdks, but more focused on a mix of offense, mobility and regen rather than pure defense like dks

They're worse at 1v1s but i feel they're much superior to stamdks for general battlegrounds thanks to their better mobility and regen.

90% of the builds that work on Stamdk will also work on Stamsorcs too, i'd suggest going either 7th-Spriggan-Bloodspawn with a Nirnhoned Maul+SnB for a Dizzy Swing focused build or medium Shacklebreaker-Spriggan/Bone pirate-Bloodspawn DW+2h for a more regen oriented build

I would ditch dizzying swing and use heroic as my main spammable. Learning to weave LA - Heroic - Bash (same can be done with reverb instead of Heroic) paired with dual wield pressure from blood craze and 2x DoT poisons will be alot more pressure than dizzying swing and it won't be as telegraphed.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently running snb/2h:

Troll King (medium)
    Hundings (heavy chest, light belt, 2h maul, sword/shield, ring)
    Night mothers Gaze (boots, legs, gloves, neck, ring)

I use reverb and heroic on the snb bar while also applying fracture with NMG. then execute on 2h bar when ready.
    artaeum broth and TK give really good recovery. also have bound armaments on snb bar for that 20% stam and health recovery. both sets have crit to synergize with crit surge.

the only thing i'm not super in love with is NMG - as it doesn't actually help your healing with its 5th piece bonus. Bone is out because i need the broth food for recovery synergy. looking at hulking, potentially briarheart, or maybe just a full crit set. Not sure yet.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I would ditch dizzying swing and use heroic as my main spammable. Learning to weave LA - Heroic - Bash (same can be done with reverb instead of Heroic) paired with dual wield pressure from blood craze and 2x DoT poisons will be alot more pressure than dizzying swing and it won't be as telegraphed.

I just like Dizzy as an ability, even if it's trash nowadays. But yes, Heroic Slash weaving is superior to Dizzy spam in every way possible. It even deals more damage than Dizzy and failing to land it is impossible
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does flurry proc ravager or not? If yes, i have been looking to combing both ravager and brairheart together. I use flurry is spamable and it got a decent but for elswyre patch 21%dmg inrease.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does flurry proc ravager or not? If yes, i have been looking to combing both ravager and brairheart together. I use flurry is spamable and it got a decent but for elswyre patch 21%dmg inrease.

It doesn't. I was going change from stamplar main to stamsorc a few months ago, and this the 1st thing i tested before i started leveling my stamsorc. Flurry does not proc ravager, and it does not proc the imperial red diamond racial. There's probably more things it doesn't proc.

Apparently flurry is not a melee attack, even though it clearly is a melee attack. ZOS logic...
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @universal_wrath i quote myself from another thread:

What procs Ravager on PTS:
    • Whirwind, Whirling Blades, Steel Tornado
    • Twin Slashes, Rending Slashes, Blood Craze - initial hit

No Ravager procs from:
    1. Twin Slashes, Rending Slashes, Blood Craze - DoT
    2. Flurry, Rapid Strikes, Bloodthirst
    3. Blade Cloak, Quick Cloak, Deadly Cloak
    4. Hidden Blade, Shrouded Daggers, Flying Blade

Which is inconsistent. Ravager's tooltip only demands "melee damage". Hidden Blade is ranged, so fine.
    DoTs are seemingly out of the picture to Twin Slashes Bleed generates no proc.
    Flurry only works with Thaumaturge CP, not with Master at Arms. Which is strange because Jabs also works with the same CPs only (and even procs without Burning Light passive).
    Next inconsistence is Whirlwind and Blade Cloak. Both melee AoEs (5m and 9m), both work with M-a-A but not Thaumaturge.

So in conclusion: Ravager is still not viable on DW stamsorcs.

But since Carve get's buffed it's probably nice know that it can proc Ravager and also does more dmg than Dizzy if you've got at least 1 additional opponent in the cone with Master 2H. Great work ZOS.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Ravager procs from:

Which is inconsistent. Ravager's tooltip only demands "melee damage". Hidden Blade is ranged, so fine.
    Flurry only works with Thaumaturge CP, not with Master at Arms. Which is strange because Jabs also works with the same CPs only (and even procs without Burning Light passive).
    Next inconsistence is Whirlwind and Blade Cloak. Both melee AoEs (5m and 9m), both work with M-a-A but not Thaumaturge.

But since Carve get's buffed it's probably nice know that it can proc Ravager and also does more dmg than Dizzy if you've got at least 1 additional opponent in the cone with Master 2H. Great work ZOS.

It's a bug, right? Because ZOS mentioned that flurry was not procing AY as well but they fixed it now, if not, then it's still bugged
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No Ravager procs from:

It's a bug, right? Because ZOS mentioned that flurry was not procing AY as well but they fixed it now, if not, then it's still bugged

I hope so.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone knows if flurry procs ravager ? Has it been fixed?
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any build changes with elswyre patch? Or all summerset builds still viable same as ever?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For BGs.. valkyn skoria, shacklebreaker 5 medium/1/1, red mountain

DW / Bow

Blood craze, flurry, hurricane, quick cloak, critical surge, flawless dawnbreaker

Poison injection, volley, scatter shot, dark deal, streak, ballista

Weapon damage enchant on bow, dot poisons on dw

Skoria and red mountain procs are a ton of damage
  • HonestGabe
    HonestGabe
    ✭✭✭
    Is 2h viable with dizzying swing spammable now?
    Altaholic
    PC/NA