Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP stam sorc build

BoaNoite
BoaNoite
✭✭
How is stam sorc this patch? is it viable? what sets would you recommend and is orc best race? medium or heavy armor?
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    bump
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmn. Tricky question.

I play stamsorc most of the time but I honestly can't tell you if it's viable. Given that I see almost no other stamsorcs, I'm temped to say they're probably not very strong right now? But my personal experiences vary a lot.

As for sets. A good set-up is heavy 7th legion (or Fury for CP) and something like Bone Pirate (Or Hulking Draugr for CP) with dual wield and 2h. Troll king works well with this, Bloodspawn too. Skoria too, if you can manage your healing without TK

Orc is the best race for it hands down but that might change soon.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built mine for small scale.
    7th, toothrow, tk. 5m 2h. Snb/ master's bow.

Got defile, stun, maim, minor heroism, fracture/ breach. I have tons of fun with it, mainly bc it gets me away from dw and 2h.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is for BGs, I really enjoy it

Velidreth
    Impreg
    Eternal Hunt

DW/Bow
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been banging at trying to get a Stam sorc ww build I can run and handle itself against the situations where ww isn't as effective.

Chudan/torug/ranger is my current set up. I also have tried chudan/torug/impreg and chudan/torug/fury is one I may try again.

I also run vma battle axe back bar with double dot poisons. Torugs dw front bar with oblivion and shock enchants.

Chudan is mainly for the wolf but the extra health and 1pc resists helps.

5m/2h and I don't have undaunted passives yet, been kind of lazy on that. I think I might start doing pledges soon.

Dw/2h

Blood craze
    Vigor
    Bound armaments
    Hurricane
    Stream
    Dawnbringer

Reverse slice
    Dark deal
    Rally
    Crit surge
    Crit rush
    Werewolf (berserker)

With ranger I also have tried dropping dark deal, moving vigor to back bar, running brawler on 2h and tornado on December bar. The stam regen is nice but 1vX I end up really missing the recovery and heal of dark deal. May keep trying it a bit and focusing rally with more heavy attacks. Dawnbringer/tornado is really effective and I hate fighting nbs without tornado.

Fury or impreg dark deal is a must i think. Weave it when you can to try and that extra Stam coming in.

Overall the build works well against everything except Stam dks but I just in general don't do well against dks. DKs with master dw are especially difficult. I think it comes down to this build has no penetration when not in ww mode and Stam dks generally run poison and add master dw and their sustain they wear my wolf magicka pool down.

The main idea is to keep dots up as much as possible when not in wolf form because you crit won't be super high but lots of dots with 30-35% crit is usually enough to proc crit surge on cool down. Watch out for templars, you need to be able to kill one as a wolf because their purge is a direct counter for the dot stacking.

I'm still tweaking, spent most of today changing skills around to try and get the non-wolf part of the build done and still trying to decide if ranger or fury is a better choice. Fury would make the bleeds better.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use dw and bow for bgs, sometimes I take it in cyrodiil for the transmute stones at the end of campaign

5 med 2 heavy shackle spriggans valkyn and master bow

Bow: weapon damage enchant

poison injection, dark deal, crit surge, shuffle, bound arraments, negate or storm atro

Dw: dagger/axe, oblivion enchant and absorb stam enchant

defensive rune/blood craze, rending slashes/shrouded daggers/spin2win (yes depending on what Im using I remorph twin slashes so far it is defensive and rending as a spammable, will retry blood craze and daggrrs/spin2win later), vigor, hurricane and bound arraments, dbos

Yes neither set up is optimal, but it is a lot of fun
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 1, 2019 11:47PM
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have Open world CP build theyre liking?
    Joined September 2013
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Bg stamsorc, bow dw
    Orc
    Master bow infused glyph of hardening
    5 spriggan dw maces
    5 vicious ophidian
    2 pcs Thorvulkin

Very fast build, fantastic sustain, bit of cheese as it shines in a spin to win scenario
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    I've been banging at trying to get a Stam sorc ww build I can run and handle itself against the situations where ww isn't as effective.

Chudan/torug/ranger is my current set up. I also have tried chudan/torug/impreg and chudan/torug/fury is one I may try again.

I also run vma battle axe back bar with double dot poisons. Torugs dw front bar with oblivion and shock enchants.

5m/2h and I don't have undaunted passives yet, been kind of lazy on that. I think I might start doing pledges soon.

Dw/2h

Blood craze
    Vigor
    Bound armaments
    Hurricane
    Stream
    Dawnbringer

Reverse slice
    Dark deal
    Rally
    Crit surge
    Crit rush
    Werewolf (berserker)

With ranger I also have tried dropping dark deal, moving vigor to back bar, running brawler on 2h and tornado on December bar. The stam regen is nice but 1vX I end up really missing the recovery and heal of dark deal. May keep trying it a bit and focusing rally with more heavy attacks. Dawnbringer/tornado is really effective and I hate fighting nbs without tornado.

Fury or impreg dark deal is a must i think. Weave it when you can to try and that extra Stam coming in.

Overall the build works well against everything except Stam dks but I just in general don't do well against dks. DKs with master dw are especially difficult. I think it comes down to this build has no penetration when not in ww mode and Stam dks generally run poison and add master dw and their sustain they wear my wolf magicka pool down.

The main idea is to keep dots up as much as possible when not in wolf form because you crit won't be super high but lots of dots with 30-35% crit is usually enough to proc crit surge on cool down. Watch out for templars, you need to be able to kill one as a wolf because their purge is a direct counter for the dot stacking.

I'm still tweaking, spent most of today changing skills around to try and get the non-wolf part of the build done and still trying to decide if ranger or fury is a better choice. Fury would make the bleeds better.

Well that's why you don't see the issue with Torug and WW; you have WW on your 2h
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like stamsorc this patch, and it's a shame since it's my only char. And most of the stamsorcs I know in game have changed to stamden.

I did have some success in seventh and troll king same as before, but it's just not what it used to be. In this patch stamsorcs need much more sustain. Dark deal nerf and having to cast forward twice as much really hurt my sustain, it feels only half of what it was. And to get sustain I had to lose a LOT of damage, and since we lost our speed due to the pot nerf and being snared much more often I had to build for more survivability, sacrificing even more damage. My char is worse in every way than it was last patch and I just don't enjoy playing it.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »

Dw/2h

Blood craze
    Vigor
    Bound armaments
    Hurricane
    Stream
    Dawnbringer

Reverse slice
    Dark deal
    Rally
    Crit surge
    Crit rush
    Werewolf (berserker)

Well that's why you don't see the issue with Torug and WW; you have WW on your 2h
    Not sure why I put that, ww was on my desk bar.

I've been playing with new sets and not using we lately. I like to solo tower farm and any more than 3 people ww just does not cut it.

Right now I'm trying a 5m2h fury/hunding/Domi/chudan build. Trying to figure out if it's better to go 2h/dw and use weapon dmg to boost bleeds or run 1hs/2h and go for a turtle and burst build with dizzy swing or crushing weapon.

Waiting for the racial passive info to come out, I may just change my argonian magden to a stamden and run that. My orc stamden on DC is pretty mean, not sure how well it would work as an argonian.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys building tankier for open world CP?
    Joined September 2013
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    I don't like stamsorc this patch, and it's a shame since it's my only char. And most of the stamsorcs I know in game have changed to stamden.

I did have some success in seventh and troll king same as before, but it's just not what it used to be. In this patch stamsorcs need much more sustain. Dark deal nerf and having to cast forward twice as much really hurt my sustain, it feels only half of what it was. And to get sustain I had to lose a LOT of damage, and since we lost our speed due to the pot nerf and being snared much more often I had to build for more survivability, sacrificing even more damage. My char is worse in every way than it was last patch and I just don't enjoy playing it.

thats just sorc in general, i feel the same way with my magsorc, i hate this warden/templar meta.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    A little off subject but since Nerfmire changes my stamsorc now has a full shield in pve which has improved his survival while still having 18k health and 38k stamina and buffed to 5k wd, like he needed more survival anyways

For PvP the shield doesn’t go to full so it gets removed and changed for something else, my PvP setup is all about getting in close and keeping the heals going while hurricane is up and go for the implosion passive, the bigger the group the better the survival
    Edited by macsmooth on January 6, 2019 10:39AM
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying different things.. in CP its just hard to get the levels of survivability/sustain/damage that other stam classes get right now. It seems you have to sell out on one aspect.

Joined September 2013
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    I've been trying different things.. in CP its just hard to get the levels of survivability/sustain/damage that other stam classes get right now. It seems you have to sell out on one aspect.

I used 2x DoT poisons and 1 DoT skill from either bow or dualwield to get consistant crit damage on to enemy to get back good healing from crit surge. That's the secret for survivability. as for sustain pretty 1.8k buffed stam regen with dark deal should be enough and damage wise any weapon damage set would be good as long as u have major fracture with major defile + ticking DoT from poisons or weapon skill line + of cos hurricane on 24/7.

If u put all that into a build this is pretty much what u will get in terms of performance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiIcwpBuZBI
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

I used 2x DoT poisons and 1 DoT skill from either bow or dualwield to get consistant crit damage on to enemy to get back good healing from crit surge. That's the secret for survivability. as for sustain pretty 1.8k buffed stam regen with dark deal should be enough and damage wise any weapon damage set would be good as long as u have major fracture with major defile + ticking DoT from poisons or weapon skill line + of cos hurricane on 24/7.

If u put all that into a build this is pretty much what u will get in terms of performance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiIcwpBuZBI

Second this. The more dots/damage instances the better your healing is. Be it bleeds or poisons or glyphs
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea Ive got the healing part down and was doing similar things to keep crit surge ticking. I dont really want to run snb so where are you guys getting fracture from otherwise? Might be my biggest gap currently.
    Joined September 2013
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea Ive got the healing part down and was doing similar things to keep crit surge ticking. I dont really want to run snb so where are you guys getting fracture from otherwise? Might be my biggest gap currently.

The main choice after s&b is night mother’s set to get fracture in

The other choice but I don’t think it’s major fracture is poisons as you can get fracture from them

• Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy build: 2x Troll King, 5x Seventh, 5x Prisoner's (Bow+ Jewelry), 2x Master Dagger (All impen, all infused, berserker Backbar)
    Medium Build: 2x Troll King/Bloodspawn, 5x Shacklebreaker, 5x Prisoner's (Bow+ Jewelry), 2x Master Dagger (All impen all infused, berserker Backbar)
    Warrior Mundus, 3x Weapondmg enchant infused
    Frontbar: Bound Armaments, Vigor, Rending, Shrouded/Steel Tornado, Dark Deal, Dawnbreaker/Temporal Guard
    Back Bar: Streak, Hurricane, Draining Shot, Poison Injection, Critical Surge, Overload/Temporal Guard/Atro
    Intended for BG's ... lots of resources (especially magicka)... and very mobile
    Edited by Siliziumdioxid on January 7, 2019 1:02PM
    Guild: Ancaria
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first rule of stamsorc is that there is no meta build xD

This aside i just connected few days ago to check stamsorc status and it feels much worst than pre nerfmire

Biggest issues being no purge on back bar and much less ressources due to dark deal nerf

I would try an old unfathomable darkness build or switch to bow and dw
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TK/Bone Pirate/Auto dw/2h master's DW on back bar

interesting sets to think about - NMG for fracture. Cyrodill's Ward for heal debuff.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlefield Acrobat been feeling good after testing it as my sustain set, well for my playstyle at open world Cyro anyways. Lost some damage compared to my old setup, but feels good since kinda forced to dodge roll and so on way more than before. And the 6% ulti cost reduction is not too bad as extra also as a bonus. Little things matter sometimes hehe.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    I've just tried Fury(Impen Body) / NMG(Jewelry and Sharp Maul)/ Blood Spawn (Medium, Impen) / Master DW (maces)

I use Master DW as my heal/buff bar, my 2h is my offensive bar. With the sharpened NMG maul I'm running 8k pen before champion points. I think I'm running 12 or 13k pen and just over 4k weapon damage with fury stacked up. 30k resists when blood spawn procs.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nepenthe wrote: »
    I've just tried Fury(Impen Body) / NMG(Jewelry and Sharp Maul)/ Blood Spawn (Medium, Impen) / Master DW (maces)

I use Master DW as my heal/buff bar, my 2h is my offensive bar. With the sharpened NMG maul I'm running 8k pen before champion points. I think I'm running 12 or 13k pen and just over 4k weapon damage with fury stacked up. 30k resists when blood spawn procs.

@Nepenthe What's your spammable? Dizzy, crushing?
    Edited by Jakx on January 8, 2019 5:59PM
    Joined September 2013
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I don't think Stamsorc really needs a spammable. (Per say?) Example; poison injection, Rending, into Dawnbreaker into spin2win.

Sure spin and Rending can be spammed, but isn't. The 3/4 dots (hurricane) into spin really is enough to kill most everything.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I don't think Stamsorc really needs a spammable. (Per say?) Example; poison injection, Rending, into Dawnbreaker into spin2win.

Sure spin and Rending can be spammed, but isn't. The 3/4 dots (hurricane) into spin really is enough to kill most everything.

For bgs yeah. No spammable for solo play doesn't work though unless it's some cheesy proc setup and master weps.

I still like dizzy over crushing though, crushing just hits so small and I hate the animation.

Edited by Crixus8000 on January 8, 2019 7:47PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been enjoying medium armor this patch in cyrodiil. I run:

Seventh Legion / Briarheart / Troll King / Master 2h

Or

Battlefield Acrobat / Potentates / Blood Spawn / Asylum 2h / Master DW

I have been finding difficulty managing a balance of damage vs sustain vs survivability, but you shouldn't be able to build for everything. So I run all damage enchants, traits and mundus so that I can kill all but the most tanky.

As far as spammable, i dont think sorcs need one, but I am unhappy with the wpn spammables. Currently I'm trying to push what stam sorc has to offer with a combo of Wrecking Blow (gives empower) > Overload Light Attack > Dawnbreaker > Overload Light Attack > Reverse Slice, but it's a clunky combo that can be partially reflected. It seems even with the light attack buff we have dizzy swing is best over wrecking blow. If they gave stam sorc a physical morph of overload, it might be worth trying the combo again.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toothrow / 7th snb front bar / masters bow back bar / troll king. Medium. Lots of fun.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    @Jakx I'm using Dizzy as the spammable.