The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to fix v5.0.5 Cyrodiil in one easy tweak!

• kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue having Volendrung spawn at all when factions are imbalanced is that even if the low pop faction gets it they will just be zerged down and it taken from them. I thought it was quite clear this would happen :/ faction locks are just an added frustration.

Would have made sense to not allow the faction that holds emperor to pick it up, or better yet to stop adding overpowered nonsensical gimmicky bs into this game.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing you do will solve the dominate faction from zerging down this weapon even if the emp faction couldn't pick it up they would kill the hammer user and just camp the hammer farming people who try to pick it up again
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    1) It's not bugged.
    2) We told you this would happen with faction locks.

Faction unlock would not fix any problems you think exist

That's funny, cos Vivec was the most balanced 30 day campaign to exist.

Oh, that must be why EP won most of the Vivec Campaigns.

because it was the most balanced 30 day campaign *grin*.

But that's not true, in the last 9 months, DC won twice, AD at least 3 times. Someone even has a record of it. I played DC those 9 months.

Only we have a record of all the wins total for Vivec, and EP won the most..by far...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/423940/a-year-of-pc-na-vivec-victories-need-help-filling-in-the-blanks#latest
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We told you this would happen with faction locks.
    Funny. People are pissed about Faction Lock, so they're trying to make a point by playing EP. Kind of embarrassing, really.

2 days in, and it begins....

Stage 1 of Grief: Denial... "Faction locks really DO work, this is just a big conspiracy against us faction lockers"

*forthcoming*

Stage 2 of Grief: Anger... "Those filthy EPers are all cheating by stacking on EP this sickens me Zos must DO SOMETHING!"

Stage 3 of Grief: Barganing... "Please Zos, I am begging you to do something, I will happily buy Crowns if you do"

Stage 4 of Grief: Depression... "Zos have ruined this game that I love and I am truly sorry I doubted everyone who told me faction locks were a terrible idea, I am very depressed right now"

Stage 5 of Grief: Acceptance... "I'm going to go PvE now"
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Stage 1 of Grief: Denial... "Faction locks really DO work, this is just a big conspiracy against us faction lockers"
    I wouldn't dignify it as a "big conspiracy"... more like a bunch of whiners acting petty. Not a big issue.
    Lethal zergling
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We told you this would happen with faction locks.
    Funny. People are pissed about Faction Lock, so they're trying to make a point by playing EP. Kind of embarrassing, really.

Except....I've been an EP main for a long time. Am I not allowed to play EP now? My AR50 and AR46 are both EP. If EP dominated in oceanic timezone, I would swap to DC or AD. But all of a sudden am I just not allowed to play EP because of locks? Just gotta ditch the characters I spent time on because you don't want EP mains to main EP? I'm confused wtf you want then.

What a mess.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except....I've been an EP main for a long time. Am I not allowed to play EP now?
    I mussed have missed the part about people telling others what they should play.

Lethal zergling
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except....I've been an EP main for a long time. Am I not allowed to play EP now?
    I mussed have missed the part about people telling others what they should play.

You're complaining about people playing EP. What is it you want?
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not complaining about anything. I am merely pointing out that some people are playing EP for the sole purpose of trying to create an imbalance in order to make faction locks look bad. Obviously, that doesn't apply to everyone playing EP.
    Lethal zergling
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not complaining about anything. I am merely pointing out that some people are playing EP for the sole purpose of trying to create an imbalance in order to make faction locks look bad. Obviously, that doesn't apply to everyone playing EP.

No, the mains of the majority of "faction hoppers" are EP. You wanted this.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't support re-implementing faction locks, but a lot of these guys are full of it. EP had a couple of off-months and it's like the previous 2 years of EP dominance didn't happen.

Most of the petulant players were just pug stompers wherever they played anyway. They don't have a comeptitive bone in their body.
    Edited by zyk on May 23, 2019 4:40AM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As was stated by Elong earlier in the comments
    The majority of people who faction swap are EP mains

Couple that with players who you protest about who go to the side winning (Which was EP last month) And you've got yourself a full scale red zerg.
    I don't know how this is so difficult to understand. Seems pretty obvious to me.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you red scum just trying to make faction locks look bad stop maining your main characters you bads smh
    Edited by J18696 on May 23, 2019 4:54AM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • allan0n
    allan0n
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I wouldn't dignify it as a "big conspiracy"... more like a bunch of whiners acting petty. Not a big issue.

The irony in you of all people saying that is delicious.
    Edited by allan0n on May 23, 2019 5:40AM
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Or it could be that a lot of people were EP mains but played on other factions to balance the server and when forced to make a choice, decided to be LOYAL to EP which is exactly what you demanded.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, no, no, you can't seriously be sitting there complaining that people locked themselves into a campaign for 30-days? This is exactly what was wanted. It was what people of your opinion asked for. So do not sit there and act like you have any justification to complain or be upset because EP is dominating the PC/NA CP 30-day. This is what everyone said would happen. And it's already happening first week of the patch...WITHOUT a lot of people even PvPing right now because they're questing/leveling/etc. It's just going to get worse.

Enjoy.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I started liking faction lock
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

No, no, no, you can't seriously be sitting there complaining that people locked themselves into a campaign for 30-days? This is exactly what was wanted. It was what people of your opinion asked for. So do not sit there and act like you have any justification to complain or be upset because EP is dominating the PC/NA CP 30-day. This is what everyone said would happen. And it's already happening first week of the patch...WITHOUT a lot of people even PvPing right now because they're questing/leveling/etc. It's just going to get worse.

Enjoy.

On point, wait a couple of weeks to see the underdog factions start to lose pop and the situation become irreversible even in prime time then watch the server death spiral really pick up speed. Then compound this by the artifact and "emperor killer" weapon being able to be wielded by the faction that holds emperor....man I've gone cross eyed trying to figure out what the heck ZOS was thinking. I'm laughing and crying at the same time.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    40 more behind me."
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, absolutely. I'm sure they've all done this to give YOU the middle finger.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hate that i can play half of my chars anymore because there´s only one campaign populated during my playtime hours (daytime EU).

I have 4 chars i pvped with on DC - 4 chars i pvped with on EP. As it stands there is only one populated campaign during the hours i can play at all.

Faction lock without being able to change alliance allegiance effectively means i can´t play half of the chars i´ve played for over 3 years anymore.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On point, wait a couple of weeks to see the underdog factions start to lose pop and the situation become irreversible even in prime time then watch the server death spiral really pick up speed. Then compound this by the artifact and "emperor killer" weapon being able to be wielded by the faction that holds emperor....
    The point of this thread was to address exactly that situation. I was suggesting that the weapon spawn proportionally to the leaderboard. Of course, this got derailed by the butthurt faction-lock opponents, but the suggestion seems to be excellent on its face.

In fact, the few people that were able to keep themselves on the point of the topic seem to suggest this is actually how it is designed. I'd love some references if that is indeed the case.
    Lethal zergling
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. They are playing EP exclusively for the sole reason because you and others thought it was a great idea to force them to.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. They are playing EP exclusively for the sole reason because you and others thought it was a great idea to force them to.
    Imagine thinking faction locks would diminish EP population when EP is the most popular faction in the game and has been. Thank Skyrim for that.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of those who oppose faction lock have made it clear that faction is irrelevant to them - it is just a color that denotes who is their opponent du jour. From that perspective, they could and did play any faction at any time. Right now, many of those are cranky and have chosen EP just to try and discredit faction lock. That doesn't represent the entirety of the EP population, but does reflect a surge and doesn't work for any kind of "I told you so".

Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of those who oppose faction lock have made it clear that faction is irrelevant to them - it is just a color that denotes who is their opponent du jour. From that perspective, they could and did play any faction at any time. Right now, many of those are cranky and have chosen EP just to try and discredit faction lock. That doesn't represent the entirety of the EP population, but does reflect a surge and doesn't work for any kind of "I told you so".

Lmao your tone and conspiracy theories are hilarious. Literally you were warned about this prior yet still pushed a narrative.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Lmao your tone and conspiracy theories are hilarious. Literally you were warned about this prior yet still pushed a narrative.
    You're acting like this is a reality and not an artificial situation caused by those opposed to faction locks. It's a joke, and it will blow over.
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're acting like this is a reality and not an artificial situation caused by those opposed to faction locks. It's a joke, and it will blow over.
    it is the reality, it was this way back when faction locks existed. You were warned about what would happen and now you see it real time so it’s affecting you more.

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is the reality, it was this way back when faction locks existed. You were warned about what would happen and now you see it real time so it’s affecting you more.
    Hmmm... a user with a join date of 2018 is telling ME how things used to be?

Keep in mind, I am not complaining about anything, (other than the mentality of those who oppose faction locks). This thread was written as possible solution to two issues that were commonly mentioned post-patch.

Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... a user with a join date of 2018 is telling ME how things used to be?

Keep in mind, I am not complaining about anything, (other than the mentality of those who oppose faction locks). This thread was written as possible solution to two issues that were commonly mentioned post-patch.
    imagine using forum join date to formulate how long a person has played this game. But I guess when you have a failed argument then the forum join date is all you have.

Edited by Haashhtaag on May 23, 2019 1:51PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On point, wait a couple of weeks to see the underdog factions start to lose pop and the situation become irreversible even in prime time then watch the server death spiral really pick up speed. Then compound this by the artifact and "emperor killer" weapon being able to be wielded by the faction that holds emperor....
    The point of this thread was to address exactly that situation. I was suggesting that the weapon spawn proportionally to the leaderboard. Of course, this got derailed by the butthurt faction-lock opponents, but the suggestion seems to be excellent on its face.

In fact, the few people that were able to keep themselves on the point of the topic seem to suggest this is actually how it is designed. I'd love some references if that is indeed the case.

Its mentioned in the first paragraph on this page. I only googled a quick second, so I have yet to find the primary source about it from zos.

https://mmobits.com/2019/04/17/volendrung-overview-and-guide

From what I remember volendrung already has the parameters you speak of.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube