The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to fix v5.0.5 Cyrodiil in one easy tweak!

• psypanda
    psypanda
    ✭✭✭
    Welp it didnt take long until the first people started to realize that faction locks (and this ridiculous PvDoor weapon) should have never been a thing...
    President of the official Lucina Civello Fanclub
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    From what I remember volendrung already has the parameters you speak of.
    I appreciate this. This design does make sense.

Lethal zergling
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock Campaigns require cordinated guilds. If your allaince does not have this it is time to adapt.

Shor XboxNA is always AD outnumbered with a rare exception of a one month span in 2019 so far. I prefer to work to win a campaign with the odds stacked against than overwheling the server.

Hopefully the faction locked campaign looses people to the seven day unlocked and AD is out numbered in the 30 day cp locked. If not will have to stay on the 7 day for performance.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    Faction lock Campaigns require cordinated guilds. If your allaince does not have this it is time to adapt.

Shor XboxNA is always AD outnumbered with a rare exception of a one month span in 2019 so far. I prefer to work to win a campaign with the odds stacked against than overwheling the server.

Hopefully the faction locked campaign looses people to the seven day unlocked and AD is out numbered in the 30 day cp locked. If not will have to stay on the 7 day for performance.
    Narrator: it won’t
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL. They are playing EP exclusively for the sole reason because you and others thought it was a great idea to force them to.
    Most of those who oppose faction lock have made it clear that faction is irrelevant to them - it is just a color that denotes who is their opponent du jour. From that perspective, they could and did play any faction at any time. Right now, many of those are cranky and have chosen EP just to try and discredit faction lock. That doesn't represent the entirety of the EP population, but does reflect a surge and doesn't work for any kind of "I told you so".

LOL
    Edited by Elong on May 23, 2019 10:55PM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so youre telling me that faction locks are a bad thing and make campaigns more lopsided, who would have known (besides all the experienced players, which told you so since forever)
    Good thing ZOS decides to listen to those who cry the loudest and the most (LFG PVDoor-Bots).
  • allan0n
    allan0n
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. They are playing EP exclusively for the sole reason because you and others thought it was a great idea to force them to.
    Most of those who oppose faction lock have made it clear that faction is irrelevant to them - it is just a color that denotes who is their opponent du jour. From that perspective, they could and did play any faction at any time. Right now, many of those are cranky and have chosen EP just to try and discredit faction lock. That doesn't represent the entirety of the EP population, but does reflect a surge and doesn't work for any kind of "I told you so".

EP is the most popular faction. They also have the most multi faction players by a large margin. When you crybabies kicked, screamed and crapped yourselves until zos stepped in you forced those people to make a choice. Play on the side where most of their friends have set up shop and where most of their characters are OR fracture their guilds and friendships to cater to the whims of the whiners that are trying to force their will onto others and tell people how to play a video game.

This has already been said a bunch of times but you'd rather get comfy in your tin foil tuxedo and dig deep for excuses than listen to reason. And before you call me a biased EP who just wants easy wins, know that when I do actually hop into cp that I'll be playing DC since that's where almost all of my max level characters are at even though it has the most obnoxious faction loyalists in the game.

With that being said I'm pretty sure it does spawn closer to factions with a disadvantage and that's the only silver lining in them adding that stupid thing.
    Edited by allan0n on May 24, 2019 6:33PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    LOL
    Another classic bit of insight!

Lethal zergling
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how messed up Cyrodiil is you are always blaming the boogieman anti-faction lock people. Even after you get your way, you're still convinced we are somehow sabotaging your wonderful would be so balanced and perfect loyal Cyrodiil if it weren't for those pesky anti-faction kids (and that dumb dog).

Keep wearing that tin foil hat, but the reality is that we have better things to do than toss months of our lives in the toilet in some grand conspiracy just to zerg down the map and gate camp people, so no, we all didn't decide to log our EPs (I imagine, most of us did what I did, where is out guild/majority of friends/the class I like best/etc). We don't have to try and discredit faction locks because it's not necessary: the game's population isn't large enough to support what ZOS is trying to accomplish and it already once was a miserable failure that got quickly reverted without any shenanigans. That's something you and other tin-foil hat people refuse to accept, it's not necessary to sabotage Cyrodiil because it's already busted and the trolls that are also "diehard faction loyalists" are already doing enough to keep it busted.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually, you're not correct at all. A lot of the faction hoppers, and I know by personal experience since I'm in multiple guilds of people who faction hop all the time, are EP mains (on PC/NA). Because of faction locks, we're all forced to main one alliance now. Guess what we mained, since most of our friends and characters are on EP?

ZWXNKek.png

EP.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on May 24, 2019 1:14AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually, you're not correct at all. A lot of the faction hoppers, and I know by personal experience since I'm in multiple guilds of people who faction hop all the time, are EP mains (on PC/NA). Because of faction locks, we're all forced to main one alliance now. Guess what we mained, since most of our friends and characters are on EP?

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

It's a massive conspiracy that we're all playing with our friends though. How dare we.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

It's a massive conspiracy that we're all playing with our friends though. How dare we.

Everyone said "you and your friends can pick an alliance and play on that alliance for a month." So we did. But now we're in a huge conspiracy. Like lol.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Occam's Razor. Google it.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

The best part is in this game the lizard people are a playable race. AND they're EP. Coincidence? I think NOT!
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It's a petty protest, not a massive conspiracy. Anyway, I thought you were done?

Lethal zergling
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. It's a petty protest, not a massive conspiracy. Anyway, I thought you were done?

You told us we could all go and play with our friends, and we did. That's exactly what we did. We didn't even need to conspire or make a protest, it simply fell that way.

It's really hard to stay done when ignorance is spread so easily. Once more, I would suggest you actually try doing some pvp as your faction could do with some support judging by the map of late. You certainly aren't getting any points by posting on here.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really hard to stay done when ignorance is spread so easily.
    Ahh, so you lied.

Lethal zergling
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry you didn't understand what could happen like the more experienced players out there.
    More experienced? My join date is earlier than yours.

My join date is earlier than yours and I agree with @Elong.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on May 24, 2019 7:11AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really hard to stay done when ignorance is spread so easily.
    Ahh, so you lied.

You failed to address any points, and the map is still red. You need to go some some actual pvp instead of pvforuming if you want the balance to change.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually most of those that oppose faction locks have made it clear that server balance, a healthy competitive environment, the ability to continue playing with people they enjoy and good pvp are important to them.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue and yellow faqs got rekt
    Edited by KhajiitFelix on May 24, 2019 11:44AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We told you this would happen with faction locks.
    Funny. People are pissed about Faction Lock, so they're trying to make a point by playing EP. Kind of embarrassing, really.

LOL. You wanted us to stay on our main faction, so we did. Now it's our fault FOR faction locking? Give me strength.

Hahaha. You can't win, sexplar.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue having Volendrung spawn at all when factions are imbalanced is that even if the low pop faction gets it they will just be zerged down and it taken from them. I thought it was quite clear this would happen :/ faction locks are just an added frustration.

It should spawn in your faction base if one faction has both your scrolls and you only have rayles left lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually most of those that oppose faction locks have made it clear that server balance, a healthy competitive environment, the ability to continue playing with people they enjoy and good pvp are important to them.
    I keep hearing this "playing with friends" argument... how does faction lock in any way prevent you from playing with your friends? They can join the same campaign you can, even if on different factions. Blasting them into Oblivion is still playing with them.

Lethal zergling
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see what the big deal is... this is what we wanted. :smiley: More EP to farm. Don't want them on AD stealing our kills! ;)

Also, it's the first wk after a new update... it's always dead. AD guilds havn't even started up again yet. Give it a week and EP will be the ones getting zerged.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on May 24, 2019 1:54PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny. People are pissed about Faction Lock, so they're trying to make a point by playing EP. Kind of embarrassing, really.

Yeah, noticed that too.....so many who played all three 'just helping the underdog' all flocked back to EP when they hadn't been on in quite some time. Odd to not choose to play for what they say they knew would be the underdog when choice came up. And telling. Guess the 'help the underdog and looking for good fights' really means "to overpopulate whoever is doing well"

Edited by Soul_Demon on May 24, 2019 2:27PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

Yeah, noticed that too.....so many who played all three 'just helping the underdog' all flocked back to EP when they hadn't been on in quite some time. Odd to not choose to play for what they say they knew would be the underdog when choice came up. And telling. Guess the 'help the underdog and looking for good fights' really means "to overpopulate whoever is doing well"

What is even the point of overpopulating whoever is doing well? You only get rewards for your home faction and they are complete trash anyways. Why would an EP switch factions to the winning side? What is even the point? Because I can tell you right now for the people in this thread there is no reason to do this. Just accept you were wrong about faction locks.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is even the point of overpopulating whoever is doing well? You only get rewards for your home faction and they are complete trash anyways. Why would an EP switch factions to the winning side? What is even the point? Because I can tell you right now for the people in this thread there is no reason to do this. Just accept you were wrong about faction locks.
    This comment completely misunderstands what is being stated.

The point of overpopulating "whoever is doing well" (EP) is to present a false narrative regarding the effectiveness of faction locks. An EP would not "switch factions to the winning side", because they currently are the "winning side" as per the above.
    Lethal zergling
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This comment completely misunderstands what is being stated.

The point of overpopulating "whoever is doing well" (EP) is to present a false narrative regarding the effectiveness of faction locks. An EP would not "switch factions to the winning side", because they currently are the "winning side" as per the above.

You are delusional.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are delusional.
    Well, that certainly advances your argument. The facts speak for themselves, though. A much larger percentage of Cyrodiil participants are playing EP than the numbers would indicate. It's quite obviously for the intent of making faction locks look like a failure. But that completely misses the point of faction locks in the first place - it is part of a journey towards making faction MATTER again. And painting the map red isn't going to change anyone's mind on that count.

Lethal zergling