The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to fix v5.0.5 Cyrodiil in one easy tweak!

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    The issue having Volendrung spawn at all when factions are imbalanced is that even if the low pop faction gets it they will just be zerged down and it taken from them. I thought it was quite clear this would happen :/ faction locks are just an added frustration.

It should spawn in your faction base if one faction has both your scrolls and you only have rayles left lol

The only way Volundrunk would make any difference is if it was a faction locked NPC which spawned and started going crazy on your home keeps sieging them down for you whilst the under pop faction just fights to take them back.

Would actually be funny (NPC could be healed and killed)

Putting the weapon I the hands of players defeats the point.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone really understands what Volendrung is... if you've ever played Mario Kart, you should be able to figure it out.
    Lethal zergling
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    We told you this would happen with faction locks.
    Funny. People are pissed about Faction Lock, so they're trying to make a point by playing EP. Kind of embarrassing, really.

Yeah, noticed that too.....so many who played all three 'just helping the underdog' all flocked back to EP when they hadn't been on in quite some time. Odd to not choose to play for what they say they knew would be the underdog when choice came up. And telling. Guess the 'help the underdog and looking for good fights' really means "to overpopulate whoever is doing well"

How does this even make sense, how can you switch to the winning side without a winning side since it was a fresh campaign and locks just got implemented?? You guys say anything just to say it.

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The facts speak for themselves, though.

And they are were?
    A much larger percentage of Cyrodiil participants are playing EP than the numbers would indicate.

Oh, those facts. Could we see those numbers?
    It's quite obviously for the intent of making faction locks look like a failure.

A statement like that would have had to have been organised in advance. I am sure there are several rallying forum threads recruiting the masses for this dramatic statement? Outlining their goal?
    it is part of a journey towards making faction MATTER again.

Maybe.. just.. maybe.. ..that is what is happening on the EP side atm?
    And painting the map red isn't going to change anyone's mind on that count.

As a pro-faction locker said in another thread. This is war, its a numbers game. If one side has more, they'll roll on over.

{★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are delusional.
    Well, that certainly advances your argument. The facts speak for themselves, though. A much larger percentage of Cyrodiil participants are playing EP than the numbers would indicate. It's quite obviously for the intent of making faction locks look like a failure. But that completely misses the point of faction locks in the first place - it is part of a journey towards making faction MATTER again. And painting the map red isn't going to change anyone's mind on that count.

Indeed....but it also illustrates quite nicely that those who were the most vocal about 'switching to find good fights and help our underdogs were simply not being honest. Evidenced by selecting when the choice came up what faction they could choose, they went with the faction who was leading BEFORE the camp reset- not only that it raises a serious question as to the 'talent' the vocal claim to have....apparently they would prefer to ride coat tails of 'others' pushing map for wins and gravitate to that side rather than being 'movers and shakers' playing on underdog side. Again, made clear when the choice came and they elected to NOT play in the perceived underdog factions.

In short it would seem many were right about faction swappers, they don't matter in the greater scope of the war in Cyro and they are populated largely with players who are not looking for the best fights, but players looking to capitalize on other players work and claim victories while one could assume being as toxic as possible in the interim. At least it sure looks like that from what we see at this very moment.....and they were given a choice to make that could have shown how good they are and the benefit swapping brings to balance. Guess we know now how true any of that was.

Edited by Soul_Demon on May 24, 2019 7:32PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    And they are were?
    Guh?
    Could we see those numbers?
    These numbers have been provided to me by those on the anti-lock side, and they have not yet been disputed. Namely, that Global EP membership stands at 36.3% of players. However, Cyrodiil population routinely shows EP population at twice those of the other factions. Do you not agree that this is the case?
    Maybe.. just.. maybe.. ..that is what is happening on the EP side atm?
    I'm sure it is. I am quite sure that many EP diehards are returning to their roots. But there are obviously also many that had characters from all factions that are now playing EP just to discredit faction locks. And no, this would not have to be organized. It's the same people who want to say, "I told you so". They're trying to make their prophecies a reality.
    As a pro-faction locker said in another thread. This is war, its a numbers game. If one side has more, they'll roll on over.
    Great!

Lethal zergling
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it is. I am quite sure that many EP diehards are returning to their roots. But there are obviously also many that had characters from all factions that are now playing EP just to discredit faction locks. And no, this would not have to be organized. It's the same people who want to say, "I told you so". They're trying to make their prophecies a reality.

So a population defining number of people all made an unorganized conscious decision just to discredit faction locks?
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a population defining number of people all made an unorganized conscious decision just to discredit faction locks?
    I would use the word "significant" in place of "population defining".
    Lethal zergling
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would use the word "significant" in place of "population defining".
    giphy.gif
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at that DC/EP faction-flopper dance!
    Lethal zergling
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. They are playing EP exclusively for the sole reason because you and others thought it was a great idea to force them to.
    Most of those who oppose faction lock have made it clear that faction is irrelevant to them - it is just a color that denotes who is their opponent du jour. From that perspective, they could and did play any faction at any time. Right now, many of those are cranky and have chosen EP just to try and discredit faction lock. That doesn't represent the entirety of the EP population, but does reflect a surge and doesn't work for any kind of "I told you so".

Actually, you're not correct at all. A lot of the faction hoppers, and I know by personal experience since I'm in multiple guilds of people who faction hop all the time, are EP mains (on PC/NA). Because of faction locks, we're all forced to main one alliance now. Guess what we mained, since most of our friends and characters are on EP?

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

out of spite and anger for the faction lock people protest by overwhelming one alliance.
    it is horrible that people can destroy everyones fun by planing ahead with evil intentions just to get the things they want in a social mmo game.
    i hope the developers can see what is happening.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 24, 2019 9:17PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    LOL. They are playing EP exclusively for the sole reason because you and others thought it was a great idea to force them to.
    Most of those who oppose faction lock have made it clear that faction is irrelevant to them - it is just a color that denotes who is their opponent du jour. From that perspective, they could and did play any faction at any time. Right now, many of those are cranky and have chosen EP just to try and discredit faction lock. That doesn't represent the entirety of the EP population, but does reflect a surge and doesn't work for any kind of "I told you so".

Actually, you're not correct at all. A lot of the faction hoppers, and I know by personal experience since I'm in multiple guilds of people who faction hop all the time, are EP mains (on PC/NA). Because of faction locks, we're all forced to main one alliance now. Guess what we mained, since most of our friends and characters are on EP?

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

out of spite and anger for the faction lock people protest by overwhelming one alliance.
    it is horrible that people can destroy everyones fun by planing ahead with evil intentions just to get the things they want in a social mmo game.

I think you meant to say this.

"Out of spite and anger for people against faction lock I will twist someone's words saying they had fine intentions and assume they are part of a tin foil conspiracy."
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

"Out of spite and anger for people against faction lock I will twist someone's words saying they had fine intentions and assume they are part of a tin foil conspiracy."

no, i didnt mean to say that.
    i stand by what i said.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

It's already obvious. Why else would people who are extremely opposed to faction locks home on a faction locked campaign? They could go to the unlocked server and because they have characters in all factions maintain equal numbers between the three factions there. And have the “competitive” and “good fights” there. However, they don’t they stack one faction on the locked campaign then go “see faction locks do not work”.

What really needs to happen is that Wheeler wakes up and implements dynamic population caps that dynamically adjusts the number of players who can enter the zone based on the lowest faction. With that and faction locks the faction imbalance inside Cyrodiil would be resolved for good because it could not be easily manipulated by players outside of making a bunch of new accounts and trying to multi-box. And I think multi-box is still against the tos, unless they changed it.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

no, i didnt mean to say that.
    i stand by what i said.

Then I think you should go check out BDO. There are much more tin foilers over there. You probably enjoy their forums more.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

You're kidding, right? My main alliance has always been EP. Most of the faction hoppers I know have played EP for years. Out of my now 16 characters, 4 are DC and 1 is AD. So because you're all mad that we decided to main an alliance, my obvious choice is where my friends mained and where most of my characters (that I equally paid for through character slots, gold I earned for xp pots, all the work I went through for mages/fighters guild, psijic and onwards) are, I'm apart of ruining fun for other people because you can't accept what's happening?

What is wrong with you people, seriously.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cognitive dissonance of some of the people in this thread has made me lose faith in humanity.

Sincerely, the only EP main to have stupidly locked into DC this month.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's going to be a world shortage of tin foil thanks to this forum.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

Or it may simply be most of them main EP characters? A group of friends who, when forced into playing one faction only, didn't disperse but... decided to play together?

Keep going guys, stage 2 will be upon you soon enough.

Edited by Mr_Walker on May 25, 2019 12:31AM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I member when people used to say three factions was the best because two could gang up on the most popular...
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

I don't get it? They're just playing the game...There is no reason for them to play for anyone or anything. ZOS brought the locks like the whiners wanted, now you have to deal with the locks. From what I see, Cyrodiil sucks again. There's no real competition, just mindless zerging. It's back to the hollow piece of trash it was just before One Tamriel.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    From what I see, Cyrodiil sucks again. There's no real competition, just mindless zerging. It's back to the hollow piece of trash it was just before One Tamriel.
    See ya! One Tamriel was good overall but it brought in several glaring issues that have never been fixed to this date. Factions losing their meaning was one of them. This protest will blow over, or it won't, but we're making progress and no faction lock proponent is bothered in the slightest.
    Lethal zergling
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    All you red scum just trying to make faction locks look bad stop maining your main characters you bads smh

I'll go sit in the corner at the northern gate
    Kadoin wrote: »

ZWXNKek.png

EP.

I don't get it? They're just playing the game...There is no reason for them to play for anyone or anything. ZOS brought the locks like the whiners wanted, now you have to deal with the locks. From what I see, Cyrodiil sucks again. There's no real competition, just mindless zerging. It's back to the hollow piece of trash it was just before One Tamriel.

I still remember how excited I was when the locks were first removed. I straight away set out after that update to make a dc and ad toon to set out with and experience the war from another perspective.

I never saw the need to do that with locks. If ep took everything, I just twiddled my thumbs making conversation in zone chat while I waited for a keep to fall under fire.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)