The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LOVE faction lock

• Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Please, for the love of all that is just, stop saying this utter BS. This is not a thing that happens on PCNA.

Happened every morning & evening on PC-EU, so you were lucky I guess.
    The exact same people would flip the map Yellow in the morning, and then you'd see them playing EP later in the day, and then again when the map turned red at around midnight.

Funnily enough, the PC-EU 30 Day CP campaign is actually looking pretty good.
    AD are lagging behind a little at the moment, but that's probably because half of their faction were actually EP all along when it mattered, and those people have now planted their feet firmly in EP territory for the lock.

yea, still way to early to say anything... i was on a few moments ago, and then AD just had emped, and taken four of the scrolls...
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    I love the faction locks too !! <3o:)
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »
    People stopped caring about campaign scores 4 years ago because there's no reward for winning, the only reason people faction swap is to play with their friends.
    But whatever makes you happy.

This one cares. Khajiit also requests that you cease telling silly little elf stories.

But whatever makes you happy.

Meanwhile this one will enjoy the fact that the traditional purple scrub groups have not only shrunk immensely they are now far far squishier. Not to mention much lower level than usual.

Telel will also continue to laugh at the latest excuses PVdoor lords and zerglings will give as to why they're stacking in such massive numbers. Especially when they could have just gone to the faction flopper enabled campaign if they truly didn't care, and truly didn't need massive numbers to accomplish even the most menial of objectives.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Even though reds were owning pretty much everything till about one in the morning last night. I too am happy faction locks are back. Pick a side a play. PC NA.

exactly!
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.

Please, for the love of all that is just, stop saying this utter BS. This is not a thing that happens on PCNA.

no
    i will continue to say the truth, just because you dont agree with me and you have a different belief of what you want to tell does not give me good enough reason to stop telling the truth.

i hated seeing one side win everything, take the whole map, and then they all logg out and logg back in on their alt on the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg. and that is exactly what has been happening for YEARS now, its old lame and a cheat and i for one am VERY glad it has come to a stop.
    the only reason they are doing it is for an AP cheat to gain MASS AP, its a cheat, plain and simple.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 22, 2019 4:08PM
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rebuttal is a funny word.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    Nobody ever swapped factions for campaign rewards, the rewards are garbage. Faction lock just managed to to screw over people who want to play with their friends across multiple characters.

Not taking a stance on faction lock. However, what you said is completely false. At least on Xbox NA. We get people from other factions all the time towards the end of our campaign. They sit at the most active keep doing nothing but trolling chat while they get enough AP for their tier 3. "I'm just here for my tier 3 rewards" is something I see a lot in chat. Then they go back to trolling.

There are much better ways to solve the pvp reward issues than faction lock.

10/10 irrelevant reply. As I said I wasn't taking a stance on faction lock. But since you've said there are "better ways" to solve the reward issues, I'd love to hear some of your ideas :)
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody ever swapped factions for campaign rewards, the rewards are garbage. Faction lock just managed to to screw over people who want to play with their friends across multiple characters.

Not taking a stance on faction lock. However, what you said is completely false. At least on Xbox NA. We get people from other factions all the time towards the end of our campaign. They sit at the most active keep doing nothing but trolling chat while they get enough AP for their tier 3. "I'm just here for my tier 3 rewards" is something I see a lot in chat. Then they go back to trolling.

10/10 irrelevant reply. As I said I wasn't taking a stance on faction lock. But since you've said there are "better ways" to solve the reward issues, I'd love to hear some of your ideas :)
    Don't let players complete cyro quests pick up scrolls or deadric weapon or gain teir rewards without being homed only let us home one faction per campaign but let us enter on any faction with guest
    Edited by J18696 on May 22, 2019 8:13PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »

Don't let players complete cyro quests pick up scrolls or deadric weapon or gain teir rewards without being homed only let us home one faction per campaign but let us enter on any faction with guest

Really like the no picking up scrolls or artifact thing. I was unaware you could even get tier rewards in you non-home campaign. Why would you limit turning in quests tho? That's kind of a harmless somewhat helpful AP boost. Who cares if people turn in quests in some random campaign?
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »

Really like the no picking up scrolls or artifact thing. I was unaware you could even get tier rewards in you non-home campaign. Why would you limit turning in quests tho? That's kind of a harmless somewhat helpful AP boost. Who cares if people turn in quests in some random campaign?

It's just suggestions you can't get teirs in non homed camps but not letting people interact with scrolls or weapon with the one faction per campaign would be fine I think still let us guest on other factions port in
    Edited by J18696 on May 22, 2019 8:27PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is yet another example about how the console and PC environment is decidedly different. A lot of people in this thread are claiming that things “never happen” which happen every day a lot on XBox NA. People absolutely switch just for rewards for one.

The real big problem with faction swapping is spies/trolls. There are a lot of very good AD and DC players (and I assume EP players) who swap campaigns just to be trolls. These are the type who set up siege just so you can’t.

Fact is even though EP is locked there are only 3 or 4 main PVP guilds these days in EP XBNA. Everyone else is pretty much in the “guild of EP solo players”. There will be almost no adverse effects on EP XBNA because most of the players who make a positive difference for EP only play EP already. If anything it’ll likely force the best DC and AD players into playing for their originally chosen faction balancing the war.

But thats only because what happens on console is, once again, almost completely independent of what happens in the PC universe.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though reds were owning pretty much everything till about one in the morning last night. I too am happy faction locks are back. Pick a side a play. PC NA.

exactly!
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.

And this really is the core of the issue imho. I haven't seen these shenanigans on PC NA either but that doesn't mean it isn't happening in EU or other platforms.

24hr cooldown on faction swapping
    non placement on leaderboard when pvping outside homed faction
    removal of end of campaign rewards when pvping outside homed faction
    increased rewards (or decent revamped) for pvping exclusively on homed faction
    halving AP gains when pvping outside homed faction

This is just off the top of my head and I don't know squat about game design.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly!

You may believe this, but that doesn’t make it true. I lost track of how many times NA/PC/DC got pushed to their gates by a massive EP zerg, and along comes a certain zerglord right on cue “Hello Vivec people!” to wrangle up a massive DC zerg to flip everything back. It’s the number 2 reason, right behind the horrendous server performance, that I haven’t logged in to PvP in about 2 weeks now. I’m trying to work up the desire to come back and see how things are with faction locks, but it’s too early to judge.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

exactly!

You may believe this, but that doesn’t make it true. I lost track of how many times NA/PC/DC got pushed to their gates by a massive EP zerg, and along comes a certain zerglord right on cue “Hello Vivec people!” to wrangle up a massive DC zerg to flip everything back. It’s the number 2 reason, right behind the horrendous server performance, that I haven’t logged in to PvP in about 2 weeks now. I’m trying to work up the desire to come back and see how things are with faction locks, but it’s too early to judge.

So what’s the issue you rather one alliance be pushed to their gates without anyone pushing back ? That sounds like great pvp too.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad they brought this back. No more flip flopping to whatever faction is winning. Sorry guys. Gotta earn your win now.

What is funny is this comment really lacks meaning since so many players are leveling up their necros and experiencing the new content that the effects of faction lock on Cyrodiil cannot be measured just yet. So the comment is rather baseless at this time.

My guess is OP actually knows this and created this thread just to aggravate players. There was no point to this thread other than to taunt.
    Edited by idk on May 22, 2019 10:43PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly!

So what’s the issue you rather one alliance be pushed to their gates without anyone pushing back ? That sounds like great pvp too.

thats not what he is saying.
    with the faction locks, we all now have a chance at fair fights instead of a group taking over constantly, and it is working, we see each side pushing fairly right now and real fights.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly!

thats not what he is saying.
    with the faction locks, we all now have a chance at fair fights instead of a group taking over constantly, and it is working, we see each side pushing fairly right now and real fights.

The problem with faction locks is now one alliance is capable of pushing players to their gates and no one will be able to do anything about it for the majority of a 24 hr time frame.

It rarely remains “fair” eventually there’s always a dominant faction. I highly doubt we see anything just yet because the first week or two is always slower for pvp when dlc drops.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad its here too, it will provide entertainment and cries for more nerfs once one side keeps winning all the time, then wins more because players swap to it after losing a campaign ONCE. Yeah, can't wait for the entertainment. I have to be careful not to choke though...Wait...

:D:D:D:D:D

:s

Damn, almost choked there...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fine, you all hate it so much then lets just open up cryodiil free for all and remove factions, only people able to win are guilds, only guilds can take castles and keeps.
    try that for a while.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just move the faction lock to the 7 day and when it's still empty we will know no one really cares about faction locks
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fine, you all hate it so much then lets just open up cryodiil free for all and remove factions, only people able to win are guilds, only guilds can take castles and keeps.
    try that for a while.

Please and thank you! With the option to make guild alliances so we can actually fold some politics into it.
    Edited by TBois on May 23, 2019 2:34AM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try that for a while.

Totally irrelevant and ridiculous.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    00QLGH5.png

Yeah faction lock works great guys! It stopps so much trolling...
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pitiful EP protest strikes again. I'll bet that was you!

Lethal zergling
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh look at you. Back to pointing fingers so soon!

Naw, I'm really frugal with ap even with all i have. You won't catch me doing stuff like this.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most difficult part of adapting to the faction lock will be the players rebelling against it. They were bored anyway, so their new game will be shtting on the map and doing their best to make sure one side dominates.. which has already lead to tats for those tits, it seems.

ZOS underestimated the petulance of its players -- which truly shows how out of touch they are. ;)
    Edited by zyk on May 23, 2019 4:29AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy too
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know, if you spent as much time in Cyrodiil as you do on the forums, the map might look a lot less red.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    You know, if you spent as much time in Cyrodiil as you do on the forums, the map might look a lot less red.
    Multi-monitors for the win!

Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    The most difficult part of adapting to the faction lock will be the players rebelling against it. They were bored anyway, so their new game will be shtting on the map and doing their best to make sure one side dominates.. which has already lead to tats for those tits, it seems.

ZOS underestimated the petulance of its players -- which truly shows how out of touch they are. ;)

Or it’s just the stuff that people against faction locks said would still happen even if faction locks were implemented.

Nothing will stop trolls from trolling, that’s a fact of life.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Nothing will stop trolls from trolling, that’s a fact of life.

100% the truth.
    Edited by Dominion_Nightblade on May 23, 2019 5:08PM
This discussion has been closed.