Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LOVE faction lock

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    I thought you would try and help your faction try to win now there's faction locks to help you?
    I switched to EP to protest faction locks.

Lethal zergling
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    I thought you would try and help your faction try to win now there's faction locks to help you?
    I switched to EP to protest faction locks.

You wish.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the griffs were already zerging down Vivec NA/PC even moreso than the bloops did before them nothing changed in that regards for the dumbminion.

But, again, the scrubs who would always show up on alts to 'look for good fights' inside of empty AD keeps or amongst their siege lines are fewer, weaker, and less of a hassle.

The usual group of 'toxic AD zone chatters' has also effectively been culled. Though there's a couple of new names on low level toons whom continue to spam and spew until the 'super pro' 100 man red blob gets rolling. But again, they're fewer in number and even more impotent than their predecessors.

So, again, the lock helped. It's not khajiit's fault that almost all of the 'I just wanna play wit mah friends lolol' sorts seem to have in fact been folks reliant on massive faction stacks to carry them.

Which is odd considering that most of those could have easily balanced out the server that's specifically set up for their play style. Though that would require them to actually be the type of people to practice what they preach. Instead of being that other thing most obviously prefer to be.
    Edited by Telel on May 26, 2019 12:48PM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving not seeing the same group of scrubs who would flip the map in the morning also flipping the map in the evening on different characters.
    Also haven't see half as many mixed faction teams since the lock - it's a great introduction in my eyes.
    I play in every size of group depending on which day it is. Organised Small-scale, organised larger-scale and solo, and all I can say is "Long live the faction lock." You have been missed.
    (PC EU Kaal)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though reds were owning pretty much everything till about one in the morning last night. I too am happy faction locks are back. Pick a side and play. PC NA.

The issue is that people can´t play all their characters anymore.

I wouldn´t have a problem with picking a side. But the game allowed and encouraged to roll multiple factions and play weak factions for additional rewards - which i did.

Introducing faction locks now punishes me by not allowing me to play all my chars anymore. Other campaigns are not an option because they´re not pupolated during my playtimes.

It was idiotic to introduce faction lock without account wide faction loyalty for all chars.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope ZOS is keeping track of population #s, when a campaign is so one-sided nothing you do matters people stop playing plain and simple. I hope ZOS understands exactly what multi-factioners contributed to PvP better now. Oh and all the lock lovers that keep pretending the population imbalance is because of a new patch with only 20-30 hours of content.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Oh and all the lock lovers that keep pretending the population imbalance is because of a new patch with only 20-30 hours of content.
    Nope, it's because people are choosing EP to protest faction locks. It'll blow over.
    Lethal zergling
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Oh and all the lock lovers that keep pretending the population imbalance is because of a new patch with only 20-30 hours of content.
    Nope, it's because people are choosing EP to protest faction locks. It'll blow over.

And we're the delusional ones? Lol
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’ve never seen an issue more cleanly delineate good players from bad. Even earthgore had a few organized ball groups that loved it.
    I do agree with you there. Those opposed to faction lock are quite obviously "bad" players that don't understand this game; frankly if they drop from attrition, we're all better off.

I think you just entirely miss the point that Cyrodiil isn't just for AvAvA. There's a huge map, with many, many places to fight. I know the argument people use to claim that the map is just for keep fights, but it's not. Towns, resources, even outposts show that there is room for smaller groups and small-scale players in Cyrodiil. The fact that you can wander around in fields and find someone to fight, that you can have dolmen wars, small fights on bridges and such proves this.

I really think it's you that doesn't understand this game. I've been PvPing for 5 years and have watched it evolve into many different playstyles in Cyrodiil, and myself and many, many others acknowledge that Cyrodiil is a place for many playstyles; faction stacking keeps isn't the only way to play.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove or edit a number of comments for insults, baiting and otherwise nonconstructive commentary.

Please remember to keep comments constructive and civil and take the time to review our Community Rules here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.