Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

maintenance on a friday?

• spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    They don't know how to make ETA's and frankly if i were them i wouldn't make an ETA because if they miss the ETA people will flip ***.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spawn10459 wrote: »

Your right i missed the advanced warning but still in my OP i brought up the poor interaction between player base and Devs. so how am i back peddling to an issue i originally brought up in the very first post?

So aside from the specific example in your OP (which was wrong), what type of interaction are you missing out on?

Also to the ETA question: probably around 10:30EST, but that's based entirely on the EU maintenance time. There's never an official estimate.
    ----
    Murray?
  • TheFio
    TheFio
    ✭✭✭
    "It should be down 1-2 hours" or "It will be down all day"
    Either one would help be decide a course of action.
    Fuzzball of the Ashen hand
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFio wrote: »

It will be down for a couple of hours, just like any regular maintenance.
    ----
    Murray?
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

It's not in there best interest to make an ETA. nerevarine1138 i'm just ignoring all your posts. go back to your "acting" job.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not in there best interest to make an ETA. nerevarine1138 i'm just ignoring all your posts. go back to your "acting" job.

Right, so now you're going to ignore the question because you don't have an answer? Or because you can't come up with a decent argument about why developer communication is "lacking"?

The developers are here to make the game, not to respond to every childish thread about arenas or wanting more buttons on the hotbar or wanting to have horns and capes and flying mounts.
    ----
    Murray?
  • TheFio
    TheFio
    ✭✭✭

Define a 'couple', and 'regular maintenance'(Who set the standards for 'regular' for ESO?).

Again, I am not complaining that it's down, just I would like for them to give at least an estimate of how long. I don't want to sit up waiting when it will be 2-3 hours.
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~
  • TheFio
    TheFio
    ✭✭✭
    Either way, looks like things are back up.
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

Right, so now you're going to ignore the question because you don't have an answer? Or because you can't come up with a decent argument about why developer communication is "lacking"?

The developers are here to make the game, not to respond to every childish thread about arenas or wanting more buttons on the hotbar or wanting to have horns and capes and flying mounts.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/

go there and look around the Dev's comment's are EVERY WHERE. That's what i would like to see here.
    Edited by spawn10459 on April 11, 2014 1:34PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Define a 'couple', and 'regular maintenance'(Who set the standards for 'regular' for ESO?).

Again, I am not complaining that it's down, just I would like for them to give at least an estimate of how long. I don't want to sit up waiting when it will be 2-3 hours.

They've had a couple of regular maintenance periods, each of which has lasted 2-3 hours. They have not and will not ever give us an ETA, because then people will complain if the servers aren't up exactly when they believe they should be. No MMO ever provides a specific ETA for maintenance for the same reason.
    ----
    Murray?
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you 100%. i would love to know what there fixing and or working on, how long they think it might take and so on. but sadly if you want dev interaction and or clear communication i don't think your going to get it from this game.
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

They've had a couple of regular maintenance periods, each of which has lasted 2-3 hours. They have not and will not ever give us an ETA, because then people will complain if the servers aren't up exactly when they believe they should be. No MMO ever provides a specific ETA for maintenance for the same reason.

Agreed and already stated. but most games still give ETA's. and most games don't make the ETA. The difference is, if a games Dev clearly communicates the problems and issues that they found during down time most people are ok with it. When the Devs hid *** and don't tell us any thing. Then people get mad.
    Edited by spawn10459 on April 11, 2014 1:38PM
  • commandline
    EU servers were down for approximately two hours. I would presume the US servers would be down for approximately the same amount of time.
  • commandline
    US servers are now up. Less than two hours :p
  • mlecho74
    mlecho74
    Really bad time for maintenance don't ya think?

Friday evening, yes. Friday early in the morning when most people are either still asleep or already at work/school? Not really. It sucks that I can't play this morning before work, but it will be available tonight, or better yet, tomorrow morning when the kids are sleeping in because there's no school.

• mlecho74
    mlecho74
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    Tuinslang wrote: »
    Sound like someone who doesn't work a crazy amount of hours. I have a small window to play - they always seem to chose that particular window for maintenance. :P

I'm curious (because I'm thinking of doing this myself), have you tried playing on the other server? If the North American (in my instance) is down for maintenance during the time I'm likely to play, would it be better to play on the EU server because their times would differ?
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    US servers are now up. Less than two hours :p

Thanks for the heads up.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    Lots of quick fixes during early months are often to fix exploits, and every company I've helped, worked with, worked for, or tested with, does everything they can NOT to discuss those things.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    YAY once Australia loses out, we cant play on a Friday night prime time. Tuesdays I can live with but gosh a Friday, if a company tried this on with their Americans players they would be burning down the forums
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    i don't mind when they do maintenance, i have other games to play (DayZ, FFXIV, Skyrim to name a few) but what really bugs me is the no warning of when its gonna happen, 15 minutes in game is not enough time, they should announce it at least 24 hours prior, so then i know not to login if only have an hour or so before they bring it down, 48 hours on the forums would be even better
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)