Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

maintenance on a friday?

spawn10459
spawn10459
✭✭✭
Really bad time for maintenance don't ya think? Not only that but with out advanced warring (other then the 15min warning in game) is there going to be a patch? whats in the patch?

Come the *** on Devs start communicating with your player base.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You clearly found your way to the forums, so you can see that the Server Status forum had advance warnings in two separate threads (one about the new regular maintenance times, and one about today's specific downtime). And while this may be a Friday, it's definitely not a peak playing time. That would be tonight.

And as to whether or not there will be an official patch: it doesn't look like it, because the EU servers already came back up without patch notes. That doesn't mean they aren't applying hotfixes, etc., but they don't need to explain exactly what all those are. A lot of hotfixes need to be stealthed into the game because they're used to block spam, break botting programs, and so on and so forth.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Burbs
    Burbs
    ✭✭
    yeah i woke up early to get some gaming in before work. As soon as i sat down at the computer the maintenance message popped up. Wish they would do them earlier in the morning like 3-4am or at least give some notice so i know to sleep in rather than wake up early...
    Edited by Burbs on April 11, 2014 12:54PM
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Work 3rd shift, was stoked driving home because I wanted to play. ZENITHES says no. :(
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    It appears they changed the Thursdays to Fridays this am. I know they had announced a maintenance for today. They also posted yesterday that regular maintenance days for US would be on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thursdays are the new Fridays.
    Edited by Willow on April 11, 2014 12:55PM
  • Tuinslang
    Tuinslang
    Maintenance is never on a bad time since they are improving the game. The faster the better, and eventually you will have an awesome experience.

Don't get me wrong, but I seriously hate people that make topics on maintenance coming at a bad time.
    Currently playing Redguard Dragonknight | Skill line: Dragonic Power | Crafting skill: Blacksmithing
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, ZOS is fixing bugs and other issues. Khajiit can live with some downtime if it makes the game is better.

You know the hamsters must be feed some time. ;)
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone will always be affected by this, that doesn't make it a bad time to do it. For example, it's right when I leave for work so, bonus :P
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Tuinslang wrote: »
    Maintenance is never on a bad time since they are improving the game. The faster the better, and eventually you will have an awesome experience.

Don't get me wrong, but I seriously hate people that make topics on maintenance coming at a bad time.

Sound like someone who doesn't work a crazy amount of hours. I have a small window to play - they always seem to chose that particular window for maintenance. :P
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maintenance needs to get done.

Haven't played in a couple days myself. Managed to have time/interest to play right during downtime. It stinks, but odds dictate somebody is going to get inconvenienced at any given time, so why not now? ;)

Hopefully they get some good patches in place to combat the black hats.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skjlvald wrote: »

Sound like someone who doesn't work a crazy amount of hours. I have a small window to play - they always seem to chose that particular window for maintenance. :P

That sounds like a personal problem.

I'm an actor, so generally my rehearsal/show time is during peak play hours. I am often going to get hit with maintenance during hours I can play. But I'm not complaining, because I realize that my schedule is not representative of the larger population. They need to make maintenance timing decisions based on how many people are generally on in a specific time window.
    ----
    Murray?
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    On the bright side, ZOS is fixing bugs and other issues. Khajiit can live with some downtime if it makes the game is better.

You know the hamsters must be feed some time. ;)

Where does it say there fixing stuff? they dont say what maintenance there doing.
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    overall this Dev communication is hands down the worst of any MMO I've ever played.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spawn10459 wrote: »
    overall this Dev communication is hands down the worst of any MMO I've ever played.

It helps if you read the server status threads, developer discussions, twitter page, or any of the many other means to monitor their progress.

They can lead you to water, but it's legally complicated for them to force it down your throat. ;)
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where does it say there fixing stuff? they dont say what maintenance there doing.

Do you think they just shut the servers down for fun? Maintenance is specifically to make fixes and apply updates.

Read carefully: it is not their job to tell you exactly what changes are being made with every single maintenance period. If there isn't a patch, it's because there are no major changes the playerbase needs to know about.

Edit: Also, your lack of reading ability does not constitute a failure to communicate on ZO's part. There were two threads in Server Status letting you know about the upcoming downtime. They were posted last night.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 11, 2014 1:08PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • mithros
    mithros
    Why do we always have maintenance during Peak playing times for APJ countries? I would love an MMO to alternate to screw other time zones and allow APJ countries to have uninterrupted peak periods for 1 week.
    Everyone thinks of themselves I know but stating that this is not your peak time it's a peak time for a lot of players and with only a server in US and EU this means APJ gets screwed.

APJ pays the same fee as everyone else yet ends up with 1/3rd less playing time during peak periods per week because the maintenance windows essentially have servers offline when we normally play.
    Edited by mithros on April 11, 2014 1:10PM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

You haven't played many MMOs then, apparently.
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    Oh, but this time maintenance was done at a good time. Previous ones were in the middle of afternoon.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • Cloakofwinter
    I don't think this is the best time to make sweeping generalizations about the game or the devs, but this is really bad timing. They need to leave weekends alone unless there's a problem where the server must be brought down. Otherwise, bug fixes and the like can wait until Monday.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is the best time to make sweeping generalizations about the game or the devs, but this is really bad timing. They need to leave weekends alone unless there's a problem where the server must be brought down. Otherwise, bug fixes and the like can wait until Monday.

This is not the weekend for the NA Megaserver.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get a job, hippie.

But seriously, this isn't weekend time yet. Based on the maintenance times for the EU server, we should be back up by 10:30ish EST. That's not even close to peak times.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Raithe
    Raithe
    For me it is...My one day off is today because I have to work straight through the weekend for 7 days without another day off...so very little play time...but I rather wait and they fix things...then play and spend my time reporting bugs.
    Edited by Raithe on April 11, 2014 1:15PM
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

Yo

Do you think they just shut the servers down for fun? Maintenance is specifically to make fixes and apply updates.

Read carefully: it is not their job to tell you exactly what changes are being made with every single maintenance period. If there isn't a patch, it's because there are no major changes the playerbase needs to know about.

Edit: Also, your lack of reading ability does not constitute a failure to communicate on ZO's part. There were two threads in Server Status letting you know about the upcoming downtime. They were posted last night.
    Shimond wrote: »

You haven't played many MMOs then, apparently.

You name the MMO and I've played it.
    When was the last time a dev commented on a thread that they did not make?
    Maybe i was spoiled over at marvel heroes where the Devs actual cared and talked with its players on a daily bases.
    Edited by spawn10459 on April 11, 2014 1:17PM
  • zytukin
    zytukin
    Burbs wrote: »
    Wish they would do them earlier in the morning like 3-4am

3-4 AM by who's time zone?
    Different people live in different time zones and have different schedules.
  • mtfwilliamsrwb17_ESO
    Oceanic and Asian players also mainly play on the NA server since the only options are EU or NA. It would make more sense to have a maintenance in the middle of the week to avoid it being on a Friday night in any timezone. 10pm on a tuesday night is far better than a 10pm Friday night.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You name the MMO and I've played it,

Good. Then you know that in other MMOs, developers don't communicate exactly what's happening during routine maintenance unless the maintenance is being used for a major hotfix or patch.
    ----
    Murray?
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

You name the MMO and I've played it,

Good. Then you know that in other MMOs, developers don't communicate exactly what's happening during routine maintenance unless the maintenance is being used for a major hotfix or patch.

I'm not just talking about patches hot fixes and down time. i'm talking OVERALL dev interaction is really really really really really really.. well actually only happened once. in the thread about getting charged for the first 30 days.

there are threads every were about critical issues with the game and still no Dev response. even if it was "were looking into it" is better then silence.

nerevarine1138 I understand that your a fan boy but come on man. stop trying to defend them when you know its true.
    Edited by spawn10459 on April 11, 2014 1:21PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not just talking about patches hot fixes and down time. i'm talking OVERALL dev interaction is really really really really really really.. well actually only happened once. in the thread about getting charged for the first 30 days.

And what, exactly, do you envision this interaction looking like?

We get regular updates from the developers about upcoming content. You can track official Zenimax posts on these forums, and they've commented on more than just the bank account confusion. And now that your initial post was shown to be so horrifically wrong, it seems like you're just backpedaling to find some kind of argument.

The developers are working on fixing the game. It is not their job to tell you exactly how they're manipulating code to achieve those fixes.
    ----
    Murray?
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

And what, exactly, do you envision this interaction looking like?

We get regular updates from the developers about upcoming content. You can track official Zenimax posts on these forums, and they've commented on more than just the bank account confusion. And now that your initial post was shown to be so horrifically wrong, it seems like you're just backpedaling to find some kind of argument.

The developers are working on fixing the game. It is not their job to tell you exactly how they're manipulating code to achieve those fixes.

Your right i missed the advanced warning but still in my OP i brought up the poor interaction between player base and Devs. so how am i back peddling to an issue i originally brought up in the very first post?

• TheFio
    TheFio
    ✭✭✭
    I understand taking the server down for maintenance, no problem there; but has anyone seen an ETA on how long it will take?
    Fuzzball of the Ashen hand
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~