Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr is Beautiful - Thank You ZOS!

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apart from the artistic accomplishments, which are always incredible, if you're not into Necromancers and the whole khajiit lore thing, the flying dragon will likely get old after a few fights and you'll realize the game play is 90% a re-skin/re-use of the same old concepts. Putting stripes on a dog and making a tiger a different color does not make anything new. It's the same old clanfears, daedroth (and other daedra), hungers, hoarvors, dunerippers, atronachs, trolls, bloodfiends, skeletons, ogrims, NPC's, etc., you see everywhere else. While there are some new things (your interests may vary), overall it feels like a patched together retread of things we've seen before. Personally, I'm not that impressed.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Apart from the artistic accomplishments, which are always incredible, if you're not into Necromancers and the whole khajiit lore thing, the flying dragon will likely get old after a few fights and you'll realize the game play is 90% a re-skin/re-use of the same old concepts. Putting stripes on a dog and making a tiger a different color does not make anything new. It's the same old clanfears, daedroth (and other daedra), hungers, hoarvors, dunerippers, atronachs, trolls, bloodfiends, skeletons, ogrims, NPC's, etc., you see everywhere else. While there are some new things (your interests may vary), overall it feels like a patched together retread of things we've seen before. Personally, I'm not that impressed.
    I’m ravenous for all TES lore :tongue: And a zone this large, this detailed, that Bethesda Game Studios has never gone to since Arena, is a huge hook for me :blush:

• snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolutely agree, it is the best zone so far and i am utterly in awe of the environmental design! great job zos :)
    40 bucks well spent.
    now i only need the kitty assistants lol
    PC EU
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

So basically if you ignore everything new, there's still old.

*Smh*
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad saying it, but I don't really like it.

I find the duststorms and lack of water (sea, lakes and rivers) mildly depressing and the colour scheme (dried poop brown, with overly vivid hued flowers) migraine inducing.

Obviously, this is just my personal opinion.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Is it as beautiful as Summerset? I love Summerset!

No.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m just questing and sightseeing around atm - the cynic in me was saying this is Reapers March with dragons but there’s clearly much, much more to it.

The quests are far too easy - but the whole game’s been like that forever really :)

The dragon fights are quite fun. I have to smile when there’s a whole group at a dragon and no one wants to actually pull lol - started two fights myself:)

All in all, it’s looking like I’ll get my money’s worth for this expac.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the only draw back of these awesome looking new areas and especially the main cities is that it makes the "old" cities and reas look a bit dull - thats why i hope they will go over them again and enhance them...would be cool - they can also add new quests so people have reasons to go back there

Please God, no.

Update slightly, sure - turn into this overly colour-saturated nightmare.

No thanks.
  • Censered
    Censered
    ✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    y25rdj5atjz21.jpg
    Image credit: _Hircine_ via Reddit.

Just felt like we needed a "thank you" thread :smile: This Chapter is gorgeous, feels absolutely huge, and first impressions are great for me. I'm really glad to see how much you guys have learned from environment design over the last few Chapters, and how you've narrowed the focus on half a province compared to Summerset (where every city looked identical as a result of the scale). Rimmen looks really unique thanks to that focus.This has the potential to be the best ESO Chapter so far <3

That's a nice pic but I have most of it explored and have yet to stop and say "wow, this is beautiful." So far I've only seen dirt and rocks.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Censered wrote: »
    y25rdj5atjz21.jpg

Just felt like we needed a "thank you" thread :smile: This Chapter is gorgeous, feels absolutely huge, and first impressions are great for me. I'm really glad to see how much you guys have learned from environment design over the last few Chapters, and how you've narrowed the focus on half a province compared to Summerset (where every city looked identical as a result of the scale). Rimmen looks really unique thanks to that focus.This has the potential to be the best ESO Chapter so far <3

That's a nice pic but I have most of it explored and have yet to stop and say "wow, this is beautiful." So far I've only seen dirt and rocks.

You trying to say you don't like poop brown dustbowls, or something?

What's wrong with you?! xD
  • Censered
    Censered
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    y25rdj5atjz21.jpg

Have you seen Guild Wars 2?
    Dragon fights are awe inspiring and there are areas that are so beautiful they stop you in your tracks.

The game is boring to me as far as the story and character builds goes and it's really weird that everyone is the same exact character (the commander) if you group with 3 people on story missions you are all the same guy but a beautiful game none the less.
    Edited by Censered on May 22, 2019 10:19PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its ok
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    y25rdj5atjz21.jpg

Have you seen Guild Wars 2?
    Dragon fights are awe inspiring and there are areas that are so beautiful they stop you in your tracks.

The game is boring to me as far as the story and character builds goes and it's really weird that everyone is the same exact character (the commander) but a beautiful game none the less.

Yes, I have both seen GW2 and played it.

It's pretty colourful, but more in a slightly pastel-ly, rainbow unicorn sort of way...

The hues are not so saturated that they burn holes in your retinas.

Edited by Tigerseye on May 22, 2019 10:25PM
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ‘nice’ in a very brown way, and the scale is great, but IMO it’s not as stunning as Summerset.

Now if Summerset was the sand scale as Elsewyr, that would be my perfect zone.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, PC players should check out the Daybreak mod on ESO Nexus. It pushes the fog way back without removing it completely. Works great in Elsweyr too!

I installed daybreak and the reshader included based on your post, but the fog is still there as it ever was. Any settings suggestions?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very beautiful zone, feels much more expansive and varied than Summerset did.

Sadly the main quest is the weakest so far, and they butchered Rimmen/Akaviri lore. I'll try to stick to the good stuff and hope for a cool Q4 DLC.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can this one say?

It feels like home. The warm sands, the music, the food, the many comfortable places to take a nap, the friendly locals in a delightful range of shapes and sizes.

Khajiit and her many apprentices expect to spend most of their time there for as long as this one can see. Well between Elsweyr and the family homes and businesses of course.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr is stunning. I love Sir Cadwell and all the new characters. How cute are the Khajiit? 😊 The Dragons are fun.
    Everywhere I venture in Elsweyr is eye catching....Most of my first impressions is usually Ahhhhmazing 😅😍

I had a few issues where I couldnt log in but found out it was my internet provider....they finally fixed the problem and i got to play. So not all issues are zos' fault. No no no 😆

I've been taking screen shots but I don't know how to link them here. I looked up how to but seems complicated. Might just be me....think I'm a pea short of a pod 😜
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's beautiful, now if the wayshrines are on same terrain level of dragon spawn point then it is perfect
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    The environments look nice, but the buildings are dull and repetitive, being mostly colored the same shade of brown. I'll give them points for research into Hindu and Buddhist temples (especially the "bell-domed" stupas), as well as the apparent references made to Hindu statuary. Everywhere in Elsweyr looks like everywhere else in the province, almost. Vvardenfell, by contrast, has an unmistakable variety in its architecture. No one could ever mistake Balmora for Aldruhn, and no one will confuse Vivec City with Sadrith Mora. Great job on the aqueduct, though.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, PC players should check out the Daybreak mod on ESO Nexus. It pushes the fog way back without removing it completely. Works great in Elsweyr too!

I installed daybreak and the reshader included based on your post, but the fog is still there as it ever was. Any settings suggestions?
    Make sure you've installed it in the right place. It's a different install location to normal addons. Still just a drag-and-drop install, just need to make sure it's in the right place - ElderScrollsOnline\game\client - same folder as ESO64.exe :smile:

You can also hop onto the Discord channel for the mod (linked at the top of the Nexus page), or ask for help in the Nexus comments, if you're still struggling with it.
    The environments look nice, but the buildings are dull and repetitive, being mostly colored the same shade of brown. I'll give them points for research into Hindu and Buddhist temples (especially the "bell-domed" stupas), as well as the apparent references made to Hindu statuary. Everywhere in Elsweyr looks like everywhere else in the province, almost. Vvardenfell, by contrast, has an unmistakable variety in its architecture. No one could ever mistake Balmora for Aldruhn, and no one will confuse Vivec City with Sadrith Mora. Great job on the aqueduct, though.

I loved the architecture! Rimmen has so much subtle variation. Take a close look and you can see which parts of the city are ancient and which are more modern. The market also looks unique. It's absolutely massive too, which is what Chapter cities should be like imo (Orsinium and Vivec also did that well). Since this is all just the northern half of Elsweyr I can forgive shared architecture a lot more than I can with Summerset (where every major city was identical, even Alinor, with very little sense of history in architecture variation). And this should mean that southern Elsweyr cities will have their own unique architecture when/if we get to see them :smile:
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I have both seen GW2 and played it.

It's pretty colourful, but more in a slightly pastel-ly, rainbow unicorn sort of way...

The hues are not so saturated that they burn holes in your retinas.

So not a big fan of the Desert South West? Whose color's by the by are exactly the same. Yes including the same Technicolor green, red, yellow, blue and purple flowers...

The Fushia of Prickly Pear flower against the Green of the 'leaf' and the orange/red of the rock..

Golden Columbine or the Electric blue of Flax... The lime infused ponds with a color you'd think to only see in a pool .

Life outside a Big City or ones home is Technicolor and can be 'over-saturated' if one gets out and looks at Nature.

BTW.. I think Elswyer is stunning! I started a character to do the Tutorial and explore.. he won't be doing any quest's for a while.
    Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you've installed it in the right place. It's a different install location to normal addons. Still just a drag-and-drop install, just need to make sure it's in the right place - ElderScrollsOnline\game\client - same folder as ESO64.exe :smile:

Oh it's working, at least the reshader is, I don't know how to access the options/settings on daybreak. I guess I'll have to go to the discord, but I was hoping for a quick fix! <3 Thanks for your help thus far

PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EölMPK wrote: »
    I thought ZoS said that pc and console's releases will be together :(

In a sense they are given that they have the same release date, except that PC players get early access while console players have to wait for MS and Sony to authorise the updates.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have barely scratched the surface of Elsweyr as I haven''t had much free time thus far this week, but what I've seen so far has suggested an impressive depth of quality in both graphics and audio, as well as in the overall atmosphere. I'm looking forward to fitting in a lot more time on it!
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah im really enjoying it as well also because of how they designed it, it feels so massive. The only thing I wish was that dragons had a little more health right now they burn faster then I like. But this may change when its not so new.

I also thought it would be cool if they would add an "Elder Dragon" to the random dragon spawns that was even stronger then the current dragons just like in skyrim. Would be a rare spawn and notifies everyone when it is sited. Would require a full raid and expect lots of carnage :-).
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll copy and paste what I just said in another thread because this needs to be told everywhere!!

I concur! ZOS did an amazing job with necros overall and with this whole Chapter, quests, dialogues, Dragons, music.. Alfiqs!!!!!! :love:

I haven't felt this level of enjoyment since Orsinium's launch to be honest!

Alfiqs!!!!!! :love:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll copy and paste what I just said in another thread because this needs to be told everywhere!!

I concur! ZOS did an amazing job with necros overall and with this whole Chapter, quests, dialogues, Dragons, music.. Alfiqs!!!!!! :love:

I haven't felt this level of enjoyment since Orsinium's launch to be honest!

Alfiqs!!!!!! :love:

The update we're all waiting for :lol:
    aw_crwn_assistant_ezabithebanker_1x1.jpg
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh it's working, at least the reshader is, I don't know how to access the options/settings on daybreak. I guess I'll have to go to the discord, but I was hoping for a quick fix! <3 Thanks for your help thus far
    @StabbityDoom Ahhh, for the reshade part? I'm not sure either I'm afraid - I use my own reshade. Different people use different keys. The most common are Shift+F2, or the Home key. Do either of those work for you?