The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr is Beautiful - Thank You ZOS!

Darkstorne
Darkstorne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
y25rdj5atjz21.jpg
Image credit: _Hircine_ via Reddit.

Just felt like we needed a "thank you" thread :smile: This Chapter is gorgeous, feels absolutely huge, and first impressions are great for me. I'm really glad to see how much you guys have learned from environment design over the last few Chapters, and how you've narrowed the focus on half a province compared to Summerset (where every city looked identical as a result of the scale). Rimmen looks really unique thanks to that focus.This has the potential to be the best ESO Chapter so far <3
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Thank you" for what? You've paid 40 or more dollarodoos for it.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    y25rdj5atjz21.jpg
    Image credit: _Hircine_ via Reddit.

Just felt like we needed a "thank you" thread :smile: This Chapter is gorgeous, feels absolutely huge, and first impressions are great for me. I'm really glad to see how much you guys have learned from environment design over the last few Chapters, and how you've narrowed the focus on half a province compared to Summerset (where every city looked identical as a result of the scale). Rimmen looks really unique thanks to that focus.This has the potential to be the best ESO Chapter so far <3

that's some sales pitch....I'm still not buying it though
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I stepped a foot out of the tutorial building I was in love. It's so beautiful. Can't wait to see everything :)
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaarrgghhh..... I’m a console pleb..... can’t wait!!
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is my new favorite zone. Every part looks so cool and there's a lot I want to draw from this zone <3
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

Wow you are so basic...
    Signature

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We paid the same for Morrowind and Summerset. I’m saying thanks because they really stepped their game up with Elsweyr.

Environmentally, instead of impassable mountains and volcanoes we have an explorable scar. Architecturally, instead of one building style for every city in the entire province of Summerset (imagine if every city in Skyrim used Whiterun’s architecture...) we have a focus on Rimmen, so that city architecture stays unique and we still get the same size playable area - just at a bigger and more immersive scale. They’ve clearly learned so much from the last two Chapters, and applied it all to Elsweyr really well. It’s a fantastic direction for future Chapters to follow in :smile:

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr is awesome. Best zone so far. Best culture depth. Awesome lore. And the Senche-Raht! His face is so smart, that he must be riding my Altmer! I love Elsweyr and gifts received with a pre-order. I'm happy. Thank you, @ZOS!
  • Joelthas
    Joelthas
    ✭✭
    Its indeed awesome. I main necromancer now and my god its fun. I just love Elsweyr. Thanks!
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a pretty big detractor of many things ZoS related....but this is a damn fine expansion, it almost makes up for the thinly veiled identity-politic that was Summerset.

/shrug: Maybe ZoS found out that people across the spectrum buy crowns too.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it as beautiful as Summerset? I love Summerset!
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to admit it is amazing.

Good job ZoS!
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

Even better!
  • AlgolStar
    AlgolStar
    ✭✭✭
    it almost makes up for the thinly veiled identity-politic that was Summerset.

lol, makes up for what exactly?
    Edited by AlgolStar on May 21, 2019 7:14PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    We paid the same for Morrowind and Summerset. I’m saying thanks because they really stepped their game up with Elsweyr.

Environmentally, instead of impassable mountains and volcanoes we have an explorable scar. Architecturally, instead of one building style for every city in the entire province of Summerset (imagine if every city in Skyrim used Whiterun’s architecture...) we have a focus on Rimmen, so that city architecture stays unique and we still get the same size playable area - just at a bigger and more immersive scale. They’ve clearly learned so much from the last two Chapters, and applied it all to Elsweyr really well. It’s a fantastic direction for future Chapters to follow in :smile:
    Stepped up how? With less content? With more monetization? Btw, instance servers are unplayable again.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlgolStar wrote: »

You mean other than a boring over the top eyeroll fest, that seemed to be lifted from an old Steinbeck novel, and contradicted other in game cultures authoritative base?

The visuals were nice, other than that it was trash.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cant freaking wait!!!
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

Yep, visually it’s stunning! The forested region is really dense in foliage too, which was one of my main bugbears with the vanilla zones. Even Valenwood wasn’t dense forest. Elsweyr nails it, and I hope they go even denser with the Tenmar jungle one day (maybe the Q4 DLC?).
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is good to hear; console anxiously waiting for June 4 :)
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ❤I LOVE ELSWEYR ❤

The landscapes are stunning, it's filled with interesting and colourful characters, the stories are fascinating and the questlines are fun and engaging. The buildings and furnishings are spectacular and my necromancer soon to be necromancers are unique and fun to play. I'm really enjoying this expansion/chapter.

Thank you to all our Zos team my heart goes out to you. I have endless admiration and respect for the many years that you have given me so much joy and entertainment via this phenomenal game. Eso helped me through some very challenging times in my life.
    I would also like to thank our forums moderators for their presence and help in these forums.

I can't wait to explore all of Elsweyr, buy my house there and continue my happy adventures.

Zos team 😊😊😊🖒🖒🖒❤❤❤
    Edited by wishlist14 on May 22, 2019 10:23AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is correct ...

Another kudos to the Art Team & Zone Building Teams.

Lud3A0O.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 21, 2019 9:45PM
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlgolStar wrote: »

You mean other than a boring over the top eyeroll fest, that seemed to be lifted from an old Steinbeck novel, and contradicted other in game cultures authoritative base?

The visuals were nice, other than that it was trash.

I really like old Steinbeck novels. Jus sayin.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigh I had to be on console. This all looks very promising. The wait is driving me crazy.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for Elsweyr. This one loves her homeland.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Elsweyr looks incredible. Nicely done ZOS!
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually pretty good and I'm enjoying my stay in catland ;)
    Edited by lardvader on May 21, 2019 11:24PM
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Daleth
    Daleth
    ✭✭✭
    ivXeywD.jpg
    Here's my screenshot while skyshard hunting
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving it, beautiful and intriguing. Great work as I put in our website blog today.

https://www.skyrimredshirts.com/post/i-m-going-to-be-elsweyr-this-week
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yeah, and it's worth every penny.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's absolutely gorgeous! <3 I should have taken a screenshot last night from the balcony of one of the temples near Rimmen. It took my breath away.