The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr is Beautiful - Thank You ZOS!

• p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    "Thank you" for what? You've paid 40 or more dollarodoos for it.

It worth every penny and more.

7QvJJmH.jpg
    pw6So3K.jpg
    y5gRQED.jpg
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a vanilla screenshot, no Reshade or SweetFX or graphics effects added? Because if that is vanilla that's damn fine.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Is that a vanilla screenshot, no Reshade or SweetFX or graphics effects added? Because if that is vanilla that's damn fine.
    From the first post? That’s with a Reshade. Still looks gorgeous without one though, as other screenshots in this thread show well :smile:

Also, PC players should check out the Daybreak mod on ESO Nexus. It pushes the fog way back without removing it completely. Works great in Elsweyr too!

eso64_2019_03_11_15_58_42_426.png

46402618125_f0e36f83c8_o.png

eso64_2019_05_10_14_17_58_802.png

• ESOnlineGameplayLV
    Didnt see a lot... was playing about few hrs, but from what i saw i fully agree - Elsweyr looks beautiful.

Im new one here and atm im happy to be here and explore ESO world.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

I do not use addons. All my screenshots are vanilla, maxed out settings with exclusive fullscreen, with the following changes on the config file

SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"
    SET FullscreenHeight "2160"
    SET FullscreenWidth "3840"
    SET WindowedHeight "1440"
    SET WindowedWidth "2560"

I use 2560x1440 monitor and the game is rendered at 4K and down scales massively improving quality.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on May 22, 2019 7:15AM
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here in Australia its unplayable. Congrats and enjoy
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it would be perfect if they actually recognized my khajiit as a khajiit.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only draw back of these awesome looking new areas and especially the main cities is that it makes the "old" cities and reas look a bit dull - thats why i hope they will go over them again and enhance them...would be cool - they can also add new quests so people have reasons to go back there
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really enjoying Caldwell, John Cleese has knocked it out of the park for me so far. I can’t bring myself to skip any of his dialogue even having read past it most times.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its very nice quests so far are good, more Khajiit who is always good.

The only bad I found is even more of the locked door politic. In one Akavir town all the doors are chained.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here to say exactly that !

Yes, thank you for the awesome work on landscaping and architecture ! It's gorgeous. I haven't done quests yet except the new tutorial (I am very late, still doing the Murkmire preparation, and I want to do things in the right order), but I had the luck to come out of Starlight Haven at dawn, and I was blown away by the landscapes during all my (deliberately slow) walk to Rimmen as the sun was rising. I am eagerly anticipating the moment my main can step foot in Riverhold :smiley:

Congratulations on the smooth launch, by the way. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better bloody launch smoothly on consoles as have day off work and can’t wait!

(Booked day off as when Summerset launched last year, it was downloaded very quickly & so was tempted to have a look before work. Then was rather late for work due to ‘washing machine breaking down - honestly - what a mess - water all over the place....’ 😆)
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the verticality in the zone is amazing, twice the size of anything that's come before, the canyons are like the grand canyon of ESO.

I love the stiches, probably my all time favorite location in game.

I also love the area to the NW were they just let it be open plains for a little bit, often times devs have to cram something everywhere and one of my favorite vanilla locations (stros and alik-r) have great open areas that are just so appreciated.

BEST zone for sure, love just wandering it, I have such pride as a khajiit main, the architecture is gorgeous too, such a combination of various asian / middle east cultures.

im also glad they included all kinds of various khajiit, even the NPC mobs are various breeds, makes exploring dungeons neat when even the bandits are in several different shapes and sizes.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The art department does an amazing job everytime!
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it looks amazing and add to that this has been (just completed it) the best storyline/main quest so far.

Great Job

Be safe
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To much dust
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone screengrab the map, so us consolers can see how large Elswer is? :smile:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only draw back of these awesome looking new areas and especially the main cities is that it makes the "old" cities and reas look a bit dull - thats why i hope they will go over them again and enhance them...would be cool - they can also add new quests so people have reasons to go back there

Or dragon like events in old zones.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    Can someone screengrab the map, so us consolers can see how large Elswer is? :smile:

They did magic with terrain. There's 3 levels of land to explore around zone.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

That sounds awesome! I love zones with lots of verticality (i.e. Hews Bane).

How much of the map does the zone take up? Obviously it's much bigger the HB I'm sure. :smile:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlgolStar wrote: »
    it almost makes up for the thinly veiled identity-politic that was Summerset.

lol, makes up for what exactly?

You mean other than a boring over the top eyeroll fest, that seemed to be lifted from an old Steinbeck novel, and contradicted other in game cultures authoritative base?

The visuals were nice, other than that it was trash.

I really like old Steinbeck novels. Jus sayin.

To each his own, I always found proletarian propaganda cringe worthy.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sure does look cool gotta admit.

Also blastbones is broken any fix coming for that?
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Facefister wrote: »
    "Thank you" for what? You've paid 40 or more dollarodoos for it.

Wow you are so basic...

Agreed, very negative attitude.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zone is beautiful but I'm hard pressed to think of one that is not. What I'm impressed with is the animations on the dragons. They are amazing, and their movement, combat animations and flight are flawless. Good job! I love this game more and more every day.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Summerset the most of all Chapters, BUT I'm yet to explore Elsweyr. There's definitely potential I see there for exploring, questing and RP. I was in the fields at lonely nights (in the game), that kind of loneliness I felt only in Skyrim before. Love it.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

That sounds awesome! I love zones with lots of verticality (i.e. Hews Bane).

How much of the map does the zone take up? Obviously it's much bigger the HB I'm sure. :smile:
    Comparisons to the maps don't tell you much, because each zone is at a different scale in this game. It's set in the northern half of Elsweyr, so the map suggests it would be smaller than Summerset, but since the scale is larger it ends up a bit bigger than Summerset.

Screenshots show scale better. I think it must be the biggest zone after Cyrodiil. These are taken near Rimmen, so only show the north west section of the Chapter. There's so much more than this:

eso64_2019_05_22_14_24_34_203.png?width=1120&height=630

eso64_2019_05_22_14_27_11_179.png?width=1120&height=630

eso64_2019_05_22_14_29_01_483.png?width=1120&height=630

• Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZoS, Elswyer really screwed up my progression through the storyline as stonefalls is not a place that can be visited without being rolled back and kicked out of the game..

Big props on another botched patch.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20190521_182019.png
    Somebody can't drive
    Edited by StabbityDoom on May 22, 2019 4:54PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20190520_163928.png
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    I thought ZoS said that pc and console's releases will be together :(
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
    Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
    Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
    "In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
    Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
    "