Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to fix v5.0.5 Cyrodiil in one easy tweak!

bulbousb16_ESO
bulbousb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
It has been said that:

1) Volendrung is OP and quite possibly bugged
2) Faction lock may lead to insurmountable leads by one faction

One easy fix: Adjust Volendrung so it spawns by a percentage change weighted by the faction standings, with the lowest faction receiving the greatest chance of a Volendrung spawn.
Lethal zergling
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s already more than likely not to spawn by the faction that’s winning..
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think it's bugged it's working the exact way it's described they said it's more likely to spawn near the losing faction not will always spawn near the losing faction it's spawn location will always be rng
    Edited by J18696 on May 21, 2019 11:52PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) It's not bugged.
    2) We told you this would happen with faction locks.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many lols much balance
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    1) It's not bugged.

Faction unlock would not fix any problems you think exist
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    1) It's not bugged.

That's funny, cos Vivec was the most balanced 30 day campaign to exist.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We told you this would happen with faction locks.
    Funny. People are pissed about Faction Lock, so they're trying to make a point by playing EP. Kind of embarrassing, really.

Lethal zergling
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We told you this would happen with faction locks.
    Funny. People are pissed about Faction Lock, so they're trying to make a point by playing EP. Kind of embarrassing, really.

LOL. You wanted us to stay on our main faction, so we did. Now it's our fault FOR faction locking? Give me strength.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the faction lock, people constantly take the whole map and then immediately logg thier alt and take the map again back and forth all day long is just a AP cheat.
    Edited by Gilvoth on May 22, 2019 1:03AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) It's not bugged.

this ^
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. You wanted us to stay on our main faction, so we did. Now it's our fault FOR faction locking? Give me strength.
    I don't recall anyone saying what faction to stay on. This whole EP thing is an embarrassing protest. Like someone whining about the ACA, passing legislation to hamstring it, then trying to tell everyone how bad it is.

Lethal zergling
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't recall anyone saying what faction to stay on. This whole EP thing is an embarrassing protest. Like someone whining about the ACA, passing legislation to hamstring it, then trying to tell everyone how bad it is.

The majority of people who faction swap are EP mains. This is simply a fact. You asked for it.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The majority of people who faction swap are EP mains. This is simply a fact. You asked for it.
    How embarrassing.
    Lethal zergling
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How embarrassing.

I'm very sorry you didn't understand what could happen like the more experienced players out there.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How embarrassing.

I'm very sorry you didn't understand what could happen like the more experienced players out there.

Already miss you in DC. IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How embarrassing.

Already miss you in DC. IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME!

Awww, I miss a few of you too!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) It's not bugged.

Oh, that must be why EP won most of the Vivec Campaigns.

because it was the most balanced 30 day campaign *grin*.

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More experienced? My join date is earlier than yours.
    Lethal zergling
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) It's not bugged.

Oh, that must be why EP won most of the Vivec Campaigns.

because it was the most balanced 30 day campaign *grin*.

But that's not true, in the last 9 months, DC won twice, AD at least 3 times. Someone even has a record of it. I played DC those 9 months.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More experienced? My join date is earlier than yours.

If we wanna swing private parts, I've been playing since the first Beta. Also, a join date doesn't equal experience, just longevity.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) It's not bugged.

1. Correct. Zos clearly stated it's strength and it is living up to what Zos said it would.
    2. Squeaky wheel gets Zos' attention, as they said people have been asking for this. The masses were not loud enough with explaining the problems but then again Zos has had difficulty thinking things through, thinking past next week.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) It's not bugged.

Its way too early to tell about faction locks. Noting has happened yet + EP has been in a ridiculous lead on PC NA without locks anyway. We will have to go through a couple of campaigns cycles at least to see the out come.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    1) It's not bugged.

Its way too early to tell about faction locks. Noting has happened yet + EP has been in a ridiculous lead on PC NA without locks anyway. We will have to go through a couple of campaigns cycles at least to see the out come.

100% agree. It's just hilarious that the people crying for faction locks are now the people crying on here that they haven't got what they expected.

Perhaps they should spend more time on the game trying to get their keeps back rather than typing paragraphs on here?
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people seriously complaining that ep mains who swapped factions that are now locked to ep are ruining the game because there are now faction locks that are causing ep to win?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easiest way to fix Cyridil is to delete nightblades.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing better than investing 100+ hours over a month to help your alliace win a campaign only for that to be negated by players from your own alliance swapping sides to artifically keep the score close. Kinda made all that time even more worthless than the normal level for video game playing
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am protesting this new faction lock by playing where my friends/guilds are.

Take that ZoS !
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i love the faction lock, people constantly take the whole map and then immediately logg thier alt and take the map again back and forth all day long is just a AP cheat.

This is not an "AP cheat" this is actually a good thing. It's better for the map to be moving than for one side to take everything and then hold it all day. That would lead to dead PvP, unless you enjoy being camped at your gates or tri-keeps for hours and hours.

The scenario you describe is an argument AGAINST locked factions.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The issue having Volendrung spawn at all when factions are imbalanced is that even if the low pop faction gets it they will just be zerged down and it taken from them. I thought it was quite clear this would happen :/ faction locks are just an added frustration.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)