Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LOVE faction lock

rileynotzb14_ESO
rileynotzb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
So glad they brought this back. No more flip flopping to whatever faction is winning. Sorry guys. Gotta earn your win now.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody ever swapped factions for campaign rewards, the rewards are garbage. Faction lock just managed to to screw over people who want to play with their friends across multiple characters.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how the first two comments are exactly the perceived problem with open swapping, and the instant rebuttal to that problem that have been restated ad nauseam in every other faction lock thread.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the faction locks.
    i hope it stays.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I love how the first two comments are exactly the perceived problem with open swapping, and the instant rebuttal to that problem that have been restated ad nauseam in every other faction lock thread.
    Yep, the instance nonsense rebuttal.
    Lethal zergling
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad they brought this back. No more flip flopping to whatever faction is winning. Sorry guys. Gotta earn zerg your win now.

Fixed it for you
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Even though reds were owning pretty much everything till about one in the morning last night. I too am happy faction locks are back. Pick a side and play. PC NA.
    Edited by Dominion_Nightblade on May 21, 2019 5:05PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody ever swapped factions for campaign rewards, the rewards are garbage. Faction lock just managed to to screw over people who want to play with their friends across multiple characters.

Man I wish there was an unlocked campaign..

P.S. there is and the action was real good last night.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though reds were owning pretty much everything till about one in the morning last night. I too am happy faction locks are back. Pick a side a play. PC NA.

exactly!
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

It’s a CP campaign
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a CP campaign

I concede.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though reds were owning pretty much everything till about one in the morning last night. I too am happy faction locks are back. Pick a side and play. PC NA.

on-fire-gif-1.gif
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Dominion_Nightblade

on-fire-gif-1.gif

Lol, at least try to make some sense next time you wanna roast. That movie has nothing to do with the comment or thread. Lol, hellabella clever tho.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on-fire-gif-1.gif

Lol, at least try to make some sense next time you wanna roast. That movie has nothing to do with the comment or thread. Lol, hellabella clever tho.

I think it fits the situation fine the way things are for ad

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Dominion_Nightblade

on-fire-gif-1.gif

Lol, maybe get a better perspective on things then. Because all it did was make you look foolish.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not taking a stance on faction lock. However, what you said is completely false. At least on Xbox NA. We get people from other factions all the time towards the end of our campaign. They sit at the most active keep doing nothing but trolling chat while they get enough AP for their tier 3. "I'm just here for my tier 3 rewards" is something I see a lot in chat. Then they go back to trolling.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on-fire-gif-1.gif

Lol, maybe get a better perspective on things then. Because all it did was make you look foolish.

If we wanted to talk foolish we could turn to your own pvp skill setup, but we should stop there due to forum TOS.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Dominion_Nightblade

on-fire-gif-1.gif

If we wanted to talk foolish we could turn to your own pvp skill setup, but we should stop there due to forum TOS.

Lol, good one. Attack my ingame character that you know nothing about. Lol, did your maturity downgrade from my last comment?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »

Not taking a stance on faction lock. However, what you said is completely false. At least on Xbox NA. We get people from other factions all the time towards the end of our campaign. They sit at the most active keep doing nothing but trolling chat while they get enough AP for their tier 3. "I'm just here for my tier 3 rewards" is something I see a lot in chat. Then they go back to trolling.

There are much better ways to solve the pvp reward issues than faction lock.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    WOW it's only been 1 day and you can already tell that faction lock is great based on 1 day of experience! GOOD FOR YOU!
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yolo had good action but if you bring a group bigger than 4 or 5 into it you would instantly ruin the map
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    Faction locked gameplay is for inferior players.

Change my mind.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is for inferior players.

Lethal zergling
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭

Good thing I'm not EP
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »

Yolo had good action but if you bring a group bigger than 4 or 5 into it you would instantly ruin the map

I think a lot of the folk advocating for faction lock here aren't allowed to stay up late enough to see the wasteland true off peak is. Bring a 20 man group with group builds into Vivec during off hours on XNA, and they'll pretty much paint the map over a couple of hours. Seen it, been it, fought against it.

Faction lockers have the risible fantasy whereas these groups, who are now locked into factions, are going to magically diperse across all 3 factions. They're not going to.

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be fine with faction locks if they offered alliance changes. Making One Tamriel and encouraging cross faction play only to later lock down factions again is just sending mixed messages at best...
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. No. No. If too many are choosing EP, the obvious solution is to buff other faction racials. ;) Return altmer regen, bosmer stealth, and khajiit chance to crit. I'd say to buff DC racials too, but orc and breton racials are already over-budget.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really amazed about how selfish people are (well, not really amazed given 5 years of ESO experience), especially the kind of “I only have characters of one alliance, lock is fine” people.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Even though reds were owning pretty much everything till about one in the morning last night. I too am happy faction locks are back. Pick a side a play. PC NA.

exactly!
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.

Please, for the love of all that is just, stop saying this utter BS. This is not a thing that happens on PCNA.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People stopped caring about campaign scores 4 years ago because there's no reward for winning, the only reason people faction swap is to play with their friends.
    But whatever makes you happy.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, for the love of all that is just, stop saying this utter BS. This is not a thing that happens on PCNA.

Happened every morning & evening on PC-EU, so you were lucky I guess.
    The exact same people would flip the map Yellow in the morning, and then you'd see them playing EP later in the day, and then again when the map turned red at around midnight.

Funnily enough, the PC-EU 30 Day CP campaign is actually looking pretty good.
    AD are lagging behind a little at the moment, but that's probably because half of their faction were actually EP all along when it mattered, and those people have now planted their feet firmly in EP territory for the lock.
This discussion has been closed.