The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Summerset & ESO Plus

SammiSakura
SammiSakura
✭✭✭✭
So, this time last year, Morrowind was added to ESO Plus membership with Update 18 and Summerset release. Will the same happen this year, and Summerset will be added to ESO Plus sub aswell, with the release of Elsweyr? Thoughts?
@SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
My Characters!
* Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
* Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
* Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
* Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
* Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
* Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
* Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
* Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
* Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very likely, yes.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it will be the same like Morrowind. Morrowind withoutout Warden is ESO+ so Summerset without Jewellry is ESO + i would think
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it will be the same like Morrowind. Morrowind withoutout Warden is ESO+ so Summerset without Jewellry is ESO + i would think
    So, more to the point... when is Jewelrycrafting coming to ESO+
    Lethal zergling
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't know. They haven't announced that Summerset is even becoming a DLC, unlike last year when we learned that about Morrowind well before the new chapter released.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    It’s also a hell of a lot easier to separate access to a class than it is to a crafting line. Remove it from CC menu, done. Removing access to JC from Summerset would mean relocating or somehow restricting access to the JC certifier that sits outside of the crafting area in Alinor. You would have to be able to prevent players from talking to him, or redo scripts that affect his spawning and/or dialogue so that only players that have paid for JC can interact with him. Thinking of who made the game and who manages it, how many people will get free JC before ZoS figures out that it’s screwed up? Don’t expect it before the next dlc after the Elsweyr chapter drops. ZoS has been on record multiple times stating that JC is “special” and they’ll have to reprogram a lot of stuff to separate it from Summerset
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rustle911 wrote: »
    It’s also a hell of a lot easier to separate access to a class than it is to a crafting line. Remove it from CC menu, done. Removing access to JC from Summerset would mean relocating or somehow restricting access to the JC certifier that sits outside of the crafting area in Alinor. You would have to be able to prevent players from talking to him, or redo scripts that affect his spawning and/or dialogue so that only players that have paid for JC can interact with him. Thinking of who made the game and who manages it, how many people will get free JC before ZoS figures out that it’s screwed up? Don’t expect it before the next dlc after the Elsweyr chapter drops. ZoS has been on record multiple times stating that JC is “special” and they’ll have to reprogram a lot of stuff to separate it from Summerset

I can't see that it would be that difficult. They added jewellery crafting stations to all the towns, set crafting areas etc. when Summerset was released and I interacted with the one in Vulkhel Guard many, many times before I bought Summerset because they put it where the enchanting one used to be and moved enchanting across the room. Every time I just got a message that I needed to buy Summerset to unlock jewellery crafting.

All they'd need to do is add the same check to interacting with the NPC and tweak the message slightly.

The bigger change, if the two are going to be seperate purchases, is they'll need to add at least 1 jewellery crafting certifier outside of Summerset, potentially one to each starting town. But that's also not difficult, they add new NPCs to towns all the time.
    Edited by Danikat on May 13, 2019 7:21PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I can't see that it would be that difficult. They added jewellery crafting stations to all the towns, set crafting areas etc. when Summerset was released and I interacted with the one in Vulkhel Guard many, many times before I bought Summerset because they put it where the enchanting one used to be and moved enchanting across the room. Every time I just got a message that I needed to buy Summerset to unlock jewellery crafting.

All they'd need to do is add the same check to interacting with the NPC and tweak the message slightly.

The bigger change, if the two are going to be seperate purchases, is they'll need to add at least 1 jewellery crafting certifier outside of Summerset, potentially one to each starting town. But that's also not difficult, they add new NPCs to towns all the time.

Plus, they added the regular writ certifiers to MW and SS and will presumably add them to Elsweyr. So, adding the JC certifier to the same towns where the regular certifiers are doesn't seem to be that difficult.

We don't know for certain, but I have long suspected that it's possible that JC would become basegame (like BGs did) once SS becomes a DLC, since JC is built into the entire game. Stations everywhere, nodes that anyone can interact with. They'd just need to add the certifier to the other areas and switch the stations to everyone having access.

Now, whether that will happen is still anyone's guess. They could just as easily leave it as part of the SS DLC, so you'd need to either purchase it or have ESO+.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think that Summerset would become part of plus, but judging by the insescant whining last year for morrowind, I wouldn't put it past them to keep it as a chapter.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think that Summerset would become part of plus, but judging by the insescant whining last year for morrowind, I wouldn't put it past them to keep it as a chapter.

Much of the whining about last year was simply calling ZOS out on their hypocrisy. They essentially charged ESO+ members twice for it. First, by saying "Oh, this is a Chapter, something totally different from a DLC, so you don't get it for free with ESO+" and then turning around a year later "Oh wait, actually its a DLC that you get for ESO+ with some extra features you can buy separately..."

So I'm torn on Summerset.

On the one hand, its good for new players if they make Summerset a DLC and Jewelry crafting either included or base game. That lowers the amount of additional purchases new players have to make to get the whole game, and makes all three parts of the Daedric Wars story arc into DLC, instead of having to buy the conclusion.

On the other hand, kepping it a Chapter respects the "deal" of ESO+ vs Chapters in a way that they didn't with Morrowind. The Chapters are supposedly distinct from DLC, having extra features and requiring ESO+ players to buy them with cash. When they become DLC a year later, ESO+ members who bought that Chapter are essentially charged for a year of "early access" to something that was always effectively a DLC and then get no tangible benefit from owning it AND subscribing.

So I can see it both ways. Unfortunately, ZOS kind of shot themselves in the foot with the way they handled Morrowind. If they'd been upfront when the Chapters were first launched that they intended on eventually making them into DLC, I don't think people would have minded as much, because then ESO+ players could make an informed decision about whether to buy now or wait a year. Instead, they got everyone to buy it, got their $$$ and then a year later were like "Oh, uh, so its going to be DLC after all..."

Its kind of a Darth Vader "I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it any further" sort of thing when it comes to handling Chapters becoming DLC.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's out today!

Lethal zergling
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's out today!

Yep, and it seems like they kept JC as part of the DLC, rather than making it base game like they did with BGs. I'm fine with that, since it keeps JC a little special still.

I think with MW, the announcement came so early so as to prepare players and get all the understandable frustration out of the way. I agree with VaranisArano's assessment in regard to the main reason behind the frustration - the duplicity of ZOS in telling us the only way to play MW was to buy the chapter, then a year later say, haha, it's now a DLC, thanks for the cash last year.

But, since we pretty much all expected the same thing to happen with SS, there was no reason to announce it early.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not seeing where Summerset was added to the dlc list for ESO+.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind. I found the announcement. Summerset and all it came with are part of ESO+. That means if you let it go without buying the dlc, you lose access to crafting stations and your Psijic skills I guess.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never mind. I found the announcement. Summerset and all it came with are part of ESO+. That means if you let it go without buying the dlc, you lose access to crafting stations and your Psijic skills I guess.

Once you have the Psijic skills learned, you should keep them - same as with the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Once you have the Psijic skills learned, you should keep them - same as with the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood.

And, I would assume you would retain your JC skills and still be able to use JC stations.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also want to support the game by making someone buy Summerset so he can gift it to me for ingame gold.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    And, I would assume you would retain your JC skills and still be able to use JC stations.

An explanation of that would be nice. I have doubts that you keep JC, otherwise just make it part of the base game. If you wait for a free week of + and poof you unlock the crafting line and stations permanently without paying a dime.
    Edited by rustle911 on May 22, 2019 5:39AM