The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

wish pets werent so strong

• Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stepped away from the thread for a bit.

you guys have totally missed the point, even using the healing morph of the matriarch is a straight 3k dps increase over not using a pet. no button to press, just summon the pet and acquire 3k dps. throw in the imp and press that button every so often and acquire 3k more dps.

how am i going to remove my class based execute off my bar and gain more dps just having a bot following me around. it makes no sense.

pets should be viable, especially as a beginner build, but when they begin outdpsing anything else you can do on a non-pet build, something is wrong with their design. they have been overbuffed, plain and simple.

maybe haunting curse should increase the damage the player does to the target by a certain %, not so much that itd be ran instead of daedric prey by pet builds, but enough to give non-pet builds a leg to stand on.

I loved my sorc until i found out how much dps i was losing by not using pets.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    there is virtually no difference if the build is right
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8lY7ANfBLw

Non Pet rotation 51.2k DPS 3M dummy parse 00:17
    Cmx report 01:20
    Superstar 01:32

Pet rotation 53.3k DPS 3M dummy parse 01:36
    Cmx report 02:38
    Superstar 02:51

just for info

53k with pet on 3M dummy ? Your're doing something wrong. For me when I get less then 56k with pet that means I screwed rotation really badly.

Here is example of what You can get with pet. This is selfbuffed btw minor berserk comes from slimecraw.9iiKBg6.png

Btw in Your rotation without pet You were really lucky with crits while during parse with pet Your crits were pretty weak so that makes those 2 parses closer then they should be.

You know, that's actually not a true pet build. It's just a non-pet sorc (Elemental Weapon, fire staff) with the Twilight added in. The important thing missing is the Scamp.
    So, what I gather is that non-pet still deals more damage than pet (Scamp). The Twilight is very strong, so much it actually enhances a non-pet rotation. If you have the barspace. You do have a shield slotted for mechanics, and Frags to buff your group with Prophecy, right? It's not just a dummy cheese?
    This means you can't just nerf Twilight. It'll worsen true pet sorcs even more. In fact, the Scamp needs a buff. This is what your stats show.

Say what @Lord-Otto ? Are there some additional rules now to be considered as "petsorc" other then using a pet ? Now You're saying there are "true" and "false" pet sorcs ? So sorc with 1 pet is false petsorc and only 2 pets makes You true petsorc ? That's wierd because last time when scamp was OP like hell around homestead and every sorc was running just with it everyone was calling that setup petsorc but now when scamp was replaced with twilight it's no longer a pet build ? Or is it only a scamp that makes You a "true petsorc" and twilight is inferior and doesnt count ? It's funny then because every build in PvP that runs with twilight is also considered as petsorc.

Using a pet no matter which one makes You a pet-sorc and what skills and gear You use with it it's just a matter of optimising the setup to get best results. That is why I used elemental weapon and fire staff because it gives best results. You want to tell me that to become "true petsorc" I need to gimp myself down and run with lightning staff and force pulse because this is what "true petsorcs" are doing ? There is only 1 rule to be considered as a pet-sorc : having atleast 1 pet slotted. What You're saying about "true petsorc" is just pure delusion and bending reality to the needs of Your arguments.

For the record it was fully selfbuffed parse with ele drain used by me so in group enviroment I would slot shield instead of ele drain. As for frags umm look at the parse maybe ? Frag is the 2nd ability there and minor prophecy uptime is 100%.

The Scamp is indeed a gamechanger and it's the oldest pet being used in a pet build. That is why I call it a "true" petsorc. You can call it "traditional" if those semantics suit you better. And you're not making naming rules, neither. According to you, using the Atronach alone would make a pet build. Eh. The Scamp requires a lightning staff and heavy attacks, a significant variation from non-pet rotations. Scamp builds also don't use Force Pulse.

Anyways, you cemented my point. Non-pet rotation (Force/Elemental+fire) is stronger than TRADITIONAL pet (Scamp+lightning). You said that yourself. Which means the Scamp does indeed need a buff.

(I missed the Frags and Cyrodiil has other builds than PvE, therefore other names)

Scamp is not "traditional" pet. It was simply used 1st because it was broken like hell when it becam a meta. Now ZoS finally rebalanced strenght of sorcs pets and scamp is doing more AoE dmg and twilight more single target which is finally as it always should be. Fact that scamp was broken 1st doesnt mean it's traditional pet that just means ZoS is weak at balancing things. Let me rephrase my naming rules since I see You're really stubborn in Your delusion. To be called a petsorc You need atleast 1 pet double slotted and active. Now You're happy ? There is no "traditional" pet build or pet rotation. Game changes so the setups and rotations. The only name for Your theory that would match is "old fashioned" not "traditional" or "true". Btw I use also a daedric prey so I dont think my rotation is the same as non pet sorc which is using haunting curse.

Scamp+lightning staff is also a pet build but it's "old fashioned" now new meta for petsorc in single target fights is fire staff and twilight. For AoE fights though You can use lightnnig staff and scamp. Scamp should never be primary pet for single target fights. That was just flaw in design on ZoS side which they finally fixed and no scamp does not need a buff. It still does it job in AoE fights which is his area of expertise. Anything else like requirements of heavy attacks etc it's also just "old fashioned" ways from the old time of weaker sustain etc. Game is changing same as setups and rotations. Currently even with lightning staff and scamp You'll do more DPS with light attack rotation then with heavy attacks. By the logic of Your naming rules there isnt true petsorc in the game anyway because nobody plays petsorcs currently as he would in 2014. By that logic there is no true or traditional setup of any kind currently because nobody plays now the way people were playing in 2014 when 1st builds of any kind were created. Using any active sorc pet makes You a petsorc Your prefferences decides do You want to play it in old fashioned or best in slot ways. Fact that You want for that pet to be scamp and You want to pair it with lightning staff and use heavy attacks all the way through doesnt mean everyone else who wont do that cannot be called petsorc it just means You're stucked in 2017.

God, I'm talking to a wall here. You just don't get it. SCAMP NEEDS LIGHTNING STAFF. That's the big one here. You can't apply your rotation to a (whatever) sorc with Scamp. Is this so hard to comprehend?
    So in order to keep the Scamp competitive, it requires quite the buff to make up for the inferior rotation. AoE is a strawman argument, counts for ship in a boss fight. Those few bosses that actually have many ads are being dealth with with your standard AoEs like Wall, Hail, Path, etc. Scamp AoE is not needed.
    Oh, and Maw of the Infernal with Atronach and Daedric Prey most certainly is a pet build. Again, you don't have the authority to decide naming here neither, no matter how angry you get. Now chill down, man.

No lightnig staff is not needed to use scamp. You may need it but that doesnt mean everyone needs itand that in every setup it'll be the best solution. What You dont get is that pet is just a part of the build not whole build and that what You think is right doesnt mean it is right. It's just right for You but You're not the one who decides what is or what isnt needed or what can or cannot be called petsorc. Is it so hard to comprehend ? Also it's funny how You contradict Yourself with Your statement with maw of infernal and atronach. So now sorc dont need scamp to be called a petsorc ? Get real at this point You dont even know what You're saying. Belive me the emotions that I have by reading Your comments are totally opposite to anger.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 3, 2019 9:29PM
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think they should invert the health buff for pets. As it stands running a pet gives you extra health but I think having a daedric ability slotted should increase your health and having the pet summoned take it away. This would be a boost to non-pet builds survivability (on par with nightblade slotting path and other abilities from that tree) and a minor inconvenience to pet builds at worst.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf those effing nightblades some more.

They should not do any damage at all.

Give them longer cloak as long as they cant use any skills while cloak, better yet, when they slot their cloak skill they wont be able to do any damage at all.

Oh wait, is this not the nerf nightblade to uselessness thread?
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf those effing nightblades some more.

They should not do any damage at all.

Give them longer cloak as long as they cant use any skills while cloak, better yet, when they slot their cloak skill they wont be able to do any damage at all.

Oh wait, is this not the nerf nightblade to uselessness thread?

Nope. This is about carry-class petsorc thread, you know, how they suddenly started popping up in Cyro in vast quantities since the new patch few months ago.

Very strange that right after patch was released, PVP got full with petsorcs.. I wonder why hmm..
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO PET OR GO CRY !