Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I got banned for mailing my guild members. I AM THE GUILD LEADER!!!!!

chefbenthompson_ESO
So I begin sending out in game mail to my guild members, asking them to register on the guild site, and to make use of the guild ventrillo server, I send out 10 in game mails, because surprise, there is NO option to message all guild members..... next thing I know I'm kicked from the game, and my account is banned. It's bad enough that the quest line for ebon heart is busted, in a dozen different places, now I get banned for messaging my guild members. This is outright pathetic. Absolutely inexcusable.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Gina, sorry to bother you with this, but this is going too far.
    Auto ban on a simple rule-set like this is just an all around BAD idea!
    There needs to be human interaction in banning a paying customer!

As a guild leader, i'm in the same boat. There is no in-game way to get in touch with all the members and now i can't even send more than a few messages before i get perma banned from the game?
    :(
    Edited by SirAndy on April 12, 2014 12:29AM
  • Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, if it is as you say than that doesn't seem fair to me. Ridiculous really...
    Maybe they (possibly bots?) thought is was some sort of spam? Not sure, don't pay to much attention to those kind of things.
    I hope it will be fixed for you soon.
    Have you send a email or anything like that to customer service?
  • Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    Do I understand correctly they do indeed auto ban people?
    That doesn't seem like the best thing to do in all cases....
  • KalecStromhir
    KalecStromhir
    ✭✭
    Why not put a message guild MotD telling all this.
    Also why not mention that in guild chat.
    ZoS do not know that you are sending mail to guild or not. Sending that much is like spam.
    Edited by KalecStromhir on April 12, 2014 12:34AM
  • Vorpedagel
    Vorpedagel
    ✭✭✭
    So I begin sending out in game mail to my guild members, asking them to register on the guild site, and to make use of the guild ventrillo server, I send out 10 in game mails, because surprise, there is NO option to message all guild members..... next thing I know I'm kicked from the game, and my account is banned. It's bad enough that the quest line for ebon heart is busted, in a dozen different places, now I get banned for messaging my guild members. This is outright pathetic. Absolutely inexcusable.

Well I can tell you I personally emailed over 400 of my guild members about the same thing (over probably 4 hours nonstop ) and nothing like this swung around to me? My guess is that you don't have very trustworthy guild members and one of them reported you for spamming... :sweat_smile:

I guess you just have to do what I did and make it personal, directed to them in particular which is why it took me hours and hours. If you just go on a big copy paste rampage that will probably land you in trouble..

Edited by Vorpedagel on April 12, 2014 12:39AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's true that ZOS is using automated systems to handle bot detection and running a ban first ask questions later set up then they're going to kill their game before it really takes off.

I'm normally pretty sceptical about claims on forums but it's becoming more and more worrying with the number of threads like this turning up.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    This worries me as well, I trade alchemy items for food items with one of my guild members and glyphs with another. My guildies are wonderful and even though I am not online as often as I wish I could be I will still log in to find my mail box full of items from my amazing guildmates. Sometimes as many as 6 or 7 messages full of stuff.

If one of them was to be banned just for needing to send multiple messages to get all the many ingredients out of their bag and to my char I would feel beyond terrible.

Not to mention when I do get online after a few days away I will have quite a few messages from people worried about me, or asking how me and my little one to be are doing, or people asking me questions as an officer of my guild. I might need to reply to quite a few messages upon log in before I even start playing. I would also hate to board the accidentally banned wagon for this. While I would be very patient and respectful while waiting for a fix, it would still be a terrible experience!

I understand that there are reasons for auto systems and perhaps many are needed, but ESO is a very social game to me and I have formed lifetime bonds with the people i have met since my very first beta back in July, Mail in game is one way we communicate and it feels as if that is not a safe road to travel anymore.
    Edited by Jessabella on April 12, 2014 12:50AM
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was kicked from game for sending too many msgs when I was trying to prevent a bot from stealing my loot. I kept hitting E to get loot having no idea this game considered that a msg. I wasn't banned but I don't do anything to help this terrible company I will no longer report bots to afraid "I don't know what?" I am beginning to be uneasy about actually being able to trust this Zenimax. If they have no real people making decisions only bots, then surely at some point I will make some error I don't even know I'm making and get banned. And since my only experience with customer service has been truly horrible I wonder if I even want to play anymore.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on April 12, 2014 1:09AM
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS do not know that you are sending mail to guild or not. Sending that much is like spam.

You're clearly not an mmo player, the auto ban feature is insane and the person(s) that created and implemented this option should be arrested lol, and never again allowed to create any thing in the mmo gaming industry, this auto ban feature needs to be removed asap.

We need the gms to also respond to us, and treat us like customers, I expect a response to this thread from a member of zos and I sincerely hope that one of you does so with out one of your typical copy and paste messages, we are your customers with out us you have no game, no job, and no money so treat us like you would want some one to treat you.
    Brave New World.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG‌ , @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ could you get someone to respond to this.

Also, @chefbenthompson_ESO‌ did you file a support ticket?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @chefbenthompson_ESO, sending you a PM so we can discuss privately. We'll get you straightened out. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    I still remember when i played Ultima Online and was mining ore for hours, a GM apeared near me asking me if i was AFK, i replyed to him and he just told was just to make sure i was not using a bot.

Good old days.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    OMG Zenimax!
    Your anti-spam bot really can´t see the difference between intra-guild mails and common mails?!
    1205112316516ym0.jpg
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    i send 100s of mail a day with items i get, but only to 1 or 2 people. so i guess if you send many different people mail then its an offense...
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    @chefbenthompson_ESO, sending you a PM so we can discuss privately. We'll get you straightened out. :)

I hope you are able to help this person. Stepping in like you are Gina is a great way to start building some trust (in your community) between players and your staff.

• Bladorthin
    Bladorthin
    ✭✭✭

I was literally about to do the same thing. This sucks!

• Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you need to clarify the situation regarding being banned.
    I did not see any mail limit in the terms and conditions!
    At present rumours are running amok, this is not good for your credibility.

• Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    sorry to hear yet another victim falls to the ESO banning gods
  • Skookum
    Skookum
    ✭✭
    I don't want to get banned for sending messages to my guild members, I paid 100 dollars for this game, and bought another copy for my brother for 60 dollars so we could play together. If some jerk decides to report me for sending them guild related messages instead of just leaving the guild and I get banned, I would be so upset. I am so sorry that happened to you!
    * [ The Obsidian Shield ] *

• Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than complaining overmuch about this unfortunate mistake, I would just suggest that guilds be given the option to send in-game mail to each member simultaneously, complete with permissions that guild leaders can enable or disable for other members (to prevent spam from non-officials).
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    Now this is scary I am a leader of a guild that's close to 500 now. I was planning to take the time to email each and everyone of them. Its my job as the guild leader to keep my members happy....

By planning PVP events and some other PVE things we were working on.
    I hate how this game has little to no options to help Guild Masters with there job of running a guild of 500 Folks....

as far as the message of the day who really checks that message...
    So please don't troll that.

Some folks said guild chat again please do not go there our guild chat is non stop in a great way. And not everyone one of the folks are online to get that message.

I done many feedback's I even asked questions with no answers on these forums like the Guild AH cut where does that go not the guild for sure even knowing the tool tip says so..... Please change the tool tip or make the funds for the guild start working.
    Can we get a better Rank system.
    Officer Chat does not work.
    Guild Bank need's more options tab's daily limits.
    Guild Email. Or an auto Pop up of the message of the day when a player first log's in.

The list is long and I can go on for a bit but I am sure you all get my point.
    They need to show some Guild loving soon.

Cause my guild is a Community in this game...
    Edited by Rage_Frost on April 12, 2014 4:06AM
  • Azuleslight

not to down play your situation as it sucks BUT couldnt you just put all the information in the guild message of the day and guild info? i mean unless your guildmate can't press "g" and then look at the info.....IJS

• Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Soo funny.... as I get at least 4-5 emails a day from gold spammers. Yet honest paying, fun loving customers are getting banned.

Zmax....you all need to get your "stuff" together.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭

If you could pass on a message to the higherups, tell them that auto-bans are an absolutely HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE idea. Whoever came up with the idea should be fired immediately, and I'm not kidding. Booting someone to login is one thing, and a PITA, banning their account is another.

ZOS has already managed to develop a reputation for industry worst CS over the course of a couple weeks because you've been using poorly programmed bots (or offshored workers that have never played an MMO in their life) to do nearly all of your CS ticket answering. Having poorly programmed bots banning people on top of it really doesn't go far to make a positive impression.

No offense intended to the forum team, you folks are doing fine. It's the collective you (ZOS) that's mucking things up. This is a great game, and I'd hate to see it sunk by GM services that make late 90s SOE look good.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so the abject CSR failure continues.

As @Putok just said, in a matter of a couple of weeks Zenimax's CS has become a laughing stock .. or should that be crying stock given the grief they're causing.

God knows Turbine's LOTRO CS in the past sucked royally but Zen's beats them hands down. I'm terrified of getting caught by a CSR robot who hits BAN without thinking and moves on as quickly as possible so (s)he can meet their ban quota for the day .. yes, maybe that's a stupid thing to say but frankly, can you really dismiss it?
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    This thread makes me wanna quit.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OF COURSE ZOS KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING, it would be patently obvious to a HUMAN looking at it, the stupidity here is that ZOS have automated banning clearly without any human intervention at all.

Stop defending crass ban-hammer mechanics.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 12, 2014 7:37AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liedeke wrote: »
    Do I understand correctly they do indeed auto ban people?
    That doesn't seem like the best thing to do in all cases....

It isn't, all bans should be made by people looking into the matter, how strictly they should enforce the rules will always be debatable, but it should be a person who at least looks at the situation.

Banning a guild leader for mailing his guild is idiotic, in fact banning people for using the in game mailing system is stupid, banning them for spamming people with mails yes, but not simply mailing or exceeding some arbitary gold limit.

Devs if you read this, please use some common sense and change it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Now I am in the same boat....just got booted and suspended for the same fricking thing...thought they would have fixed this by now.....i dont even have 15 guild members that I mailed and I still get booted
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only real thing that concerns me is that they are obviously setting criteria that must be met in order to be considered a gold farmer and not saying what that is. The fact that they do not publish what is acceptable behavior encourages rampant, and likely false, speculation in the forums.

Maybe Zenimax is just busy, maybe things are changing too fast, but I fear that Zenimax is afraid that if they publish the acceptable behavior, then gold farmers will have an easier job staying under the radar.

Sadly, until Zenimax comes out and makes a statement, nothing in the forums can really be trusted. No amount of testimonial and no amount of agreement with those testimonials, can be proven to be true.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
This discussion has been closed.