The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I got banned for mailing my guild members. I AM THE GUILD LEADER!!!!!

• Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    If it can be auto banned, it can also be flagged for inspection. I'd suggest having someone look at what the mass mails say before banning.
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    Truly idiotic. Hey, here's a mail system but you better not use it! Hey, there's monsters over there but you better not farm them! Want to get banned!?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • Lipstickpaddy
    Ticket Number: 140412-057628

I sent mail to 8 leaders in my alliance, (2 mails each) and got suspended.

Whhattttttttttttt!?

I've got events coming up I need to be at... please sort this ASAP, your system needs to just say "Sent too many mails, wait 5 mins!" This would have circumvented this headache!
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, everyone. If you received a suspension or ban and you would like to request an appeal, please follow these steps:
    • Open the Support page on the official ESO website and click on Email or contact Customer Support here.
    • Once the support e-mail opens, choose Account / Billing under "What kind of problem are you experiencing?"
    • Choose "I Would Like to appeal a suspension/ban." from the Select a Subcategory dropdown menu.
    • Describe the problem in the space provided.
    • Click Submit Question to send the appeal to Customer Support.

As soon as we receive your appeal request, our Support Team will be able to investigate and follow up with you. Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on April 12, 2014 4:35PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    so they respond to 2 of you guys and im still left hanging...same situation except mine says suspended not banned when trying to log in
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Josy
    Josy
    I send my husband like 10 messages in a row trading crafting materials back and forth - so it doesn't take up bank space and we have never had a problem.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If it's true that ZOS is using automated systems to handle bot detection and running a ban first ask questions later set up then they're going to kill their game before it really takes off.

I'm normally pretty sceptical about claims on forums but it's becoming more and more worrying with the number of threads like this turning up.

FF14 did the same thing when it first came out (the 2.0 version). Peple were getting caught in blanket bans left and right as they were figuring out how to cull the spammers etc.

So this is going to happen for quite some time. You all need to understand that. Innocents WILL get caught up. So you need to relax, contact CSR and work it out.

I know it sounds patronizing, but I've seen it happen before. More than likely, ZoS makes an "If > then" routine by patterns they see with spammers, and innocents can fall into the cracks until it gets tweaked and fine tuned.

Your best bet is to be honest, relay all the information you can to the CSR when you contact them with all the steps you were doing at the time, etc.

I hope this gets fixed for you!
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Putok wrote: »
    ZOS has already managed to develop a reputation for industry worst CS over the course of a couple weeks because you've been using poorly programmed bots (or offshored workers that have never played an MMO in their life) to do nearly all of your CS ticket answering. Having poorly programmed bots banning people on top of it really doesn't go far to make a positive impression.

No offense intended to the forum team, you folks are doing fine. It's the collective you (ZOS) that's mucking things up. This is a great game, and I'd hate to see it sunk by GM services that make late 90s SOE look good.

Hah! You'll find Square Enix has won that award earlier when FF14: ARR came out with all their bannings.

NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • Nimerian
    Nimerian
    ✭✭✭
    Ow man... I can only imagine your disappointment. This game seems like a bubble ready to burst and I'm really mad about it. It's all broken and now I realized they have no clue how to counter spammers... Auto-ban, amazingly dumb idea... I wish u get a solution fast...
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. I got kicked from the game yesterday when I was flung across the world and was stuck slamming against the edge of the world. Game saw that as me spamming as well. This is pretty absurd, as the game sending messages to the game too fast is also seen as the player spamming.

Also, there is a bug with CoD. You can only send one thing at a time, as the game seems to calculate the percent of value fee on whatever is the most expensive item being sent, and using that amount as the fee on each other item included in the CoD. Meaning you have to send multiple CoDs when selling a group of things. This might cause an autoban as well.
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Josy wrote: »
    I send my husband like 10 messages in a row trading crafting materials back and forth - so it doesn't take up bank space and we have never had a problem.

I am thinking maybe it depends on the number of different people you message and not how many to same person?
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • Dergard
    Dergard
    Josy wrote: »

My guess is you got no problems because you had items attached.

Goldspammers don't send items, they just advertise.
  • Vixus
    Vixus
    ✭✭
    Dergard wrote: »

Not entirely true. Those accounts are often used for transactions as well, so they likely are used to send gold.

Source: Former employment as GM spammer death squad for various MMO's.
    Edited by Vixus on April 12, 2014 7:26PM
    I am, therefore I think.
  • Dergard
    Dergard
    Vixus wrote: »
    Dergard wrote: »

Not entirely true. Those accounts are often used for transactions as well, so they likely are used to send gold.

I am aware of that. Just wanted to keep it simple. Besides, using Account X for advertisement and Account Y for sending stuff would be wise. But i won't argue about that.
  • TheAngelofDeath99
    TheAngelofDeath99
    ✭✭✭
    Use Shissu's Guild Tools next time. I know you can't really change the auto-ban crap, but the addon has a feature that let's you send mail en masse.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use Shissu's Guild Tools next time. I know you can't really change the auto-ban crap, but the addon has a feature that let's you send mail en masse.

I know some people want Necromancy to be added to ESO, but this is not the right way to go about it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We are closing this thread because it is rather old and the information may be out of date.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.