Kill stealing really needs to be addressed

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Just had a really easy BG match. Just hanged out in the back with my team of magsorcs as we let the other two teams do all the fighting. This honestly shouldn't be a thing. Making deathmatch be only team vs team would be an easy fix. Just saying
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Team vs team would definitely be a good change, but regardless there will always be players that will hide in the back stealing kills. New rules are not going to make players all of a sudden grow a set of...

Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fix is simple really. Just change Mage's Fury/Wrath to only trigger when the sorc or an ally damages the target while under 20% health. Boom. Done.
    Edited by Solariken on May 6, 2019 12:17AM
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    The fix is simple really. Just change Mage's Fury/Wrath to only trigger when the sorc or an ally damages the target while under 20% health. Boom. Done.

Not a bad idea honestly
    Options
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about impale, radiant destruction?
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are saying the other two teams were stupid enough to let you just hang at the back and steal all the kills? Not trying to push you and prevent stealing? Sounds like a fair win, tbh.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    So you are saying the other two teams were stupid enough to let you just hang at the back and steal all the kills? Not trying to push you and prevent stealing? Sounds like a fair win, tbh.

Pretty much
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY !
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Nightblades.
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remove the status effect styling of the ability, a fire and forget mechanic on an execute is just plain cheesy, I cant count the number of magsorcs Ive seen have equal or more kills to the rest of the teams combined kills whilst coming third or last with damage done
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run max damage set ups in bgs, endless fury doesnt kill most tanky stam builds anymore, You often have to hit 2 or even 3 of them, which is difficult to do with the double dodge chance on execute.
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hard time complaining about Mag Sorc (or other) executes with Spin-to-Win being in the game. The OP's team probably would have been able to steal kills even easier with a Dawnbreaker and Spinny Spin Spin bomb...You don't even need to worry about pets or other players body blocking you, or your execute(s) getting dodged or cleansed.
    iCaliban wrote: »
    I run max damage set ups in bgs, endless fury doesnt kill most tanky stam builds anymore, You often have to hit 2 or even 3 of them, which is difficult to do with the double dodge chance on execute.
    That'll be changing with Elsweyr, the "proc" at the end won't be dodgeable anymore.
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mag sorc execute is currently the weakest execute in the game.

A high MMR player will never die to a mag sorc execute which can be dodged twice and does negligible damage.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A high MMR player will never die to a mag sorc execute which can be dodged twice and does negligible damage.

I'm pretty sure there's a few Sorcs out there who can disprove this.
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah i m pretty sure as well. The execute works pretty well against other mag sorcs :D. Easiest class to farm in high MMR bg's
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on May 9, 2019 12:06AM
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah i m pretty sure as well. The execute works pretty well against other mag sorcs :D. Easiest class to farm in high MMR bg's

Yeah not to mention magsorcs have the lowest burst in the game. Man I feel bad for the poor class. Must suck to be so weak
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Yeah not to mention magsorcs have the lowest burst in the game. Man I feel bad for the poor class. Must suck to be so weak

Aren't you the struggling stamblade ? Imagine that in 2019 :D
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A no cloak nightblade and a no pet magsorc are arguing over who has it easier without realizing that both of them are intentionally forgoing the carries available to their class.

Imagine.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    A no cloak nightblade and a no pet magsorc are arguing over who has it easier without realizing that both of them are intentionally forgoing the carries available to their class.

Imagine.

What's there to argue ?

Imagine arguing with a stamblade in 2019 :D

Edited by PhoenixGrey on May 10, 2019 3:13AM
    Options
  • GymBoss
    GymBoss
    Soul Shriven
    If you won the game doing nothing but that then the problem isn't kill stealing but the other two teams inability to notice and take action.

No game dev can fix a problem with players and how they play the game.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Imagine.

One of the most underrated comments in these forums.
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This became a stamblade vs magsorc thread very fast.... as expected in 2019.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yawn.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    address the third team and the kill stealing is addressed right along with it ;)
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    Kill stealing is all about timing. I have seen two hand DK use crit rush or leap to rack up a ton of kills in BG. Do forgot snipping stealth NB
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would something like killing blow being x points, and most % damage within 30 seconds being y points work?

I don't know how much value to assign and don't want to make it about that. It's about getting some kind of credit where it's due.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwinter wrote: »
    Kill stealing is all about timing. I have seen two hand DK use crit rush or leap to rack up a ton of kills in BG. Do forgot snipping stealth NB

Ive no dog in the race but I think thats the OPs issue. The execute hes referring isnt about timing.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a really easy BG match. Just hanged out in the back with my team of magsorcs as we let the other two teams do all the fighting. This honestly shouldn't be a thing. Making deathmatch be only team vs team would be an easy fix. Just saying

It SHOULD BE A THING.

The only reason it shouldn't be a thing is because the two teams you were fighting were not paying attention. This is a L2P issue.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

It SHOULD BE A THING.

The only reason it shouldn't be a thing is because the two teams you were fighting were not paying attention. This is a L2P issue.

Nope
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It SHOULD BE A THING.

Nope

What do you mean nope? It should definitely be a thing.
    Even if you found a reasonable way to police this (which you really can't), it is entirely a L2P issue. If you don't want you kills stolen by other players, play smarter. Other players will take your kills sometimes, it's going to happen. Kill those players, or don't attack players that will be kill sniped easily.

That's pretty much all there is to it. L2P issue. Honestly the level of entitlement I swear... It's not your kill until you kill it.

Edited by Cathexis on June 14, 2019 9:06AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It SHOULD BE A THING.

Nope

What do you mean nope? It should definitely be a thing.
    Even if you found a reasonable way to police this (which you really can't), it is entirely a L2P issue. If you don't want you kills stolen by other players, play smarter. Other players will take your kills sometimes, it's going to happen. Kill those players, or don't attack players that will be kill sniped easily.

That's pretty much all there is to it. L2P issue. Honestly the level of entitlement I swear... It's not your kill until you kill it.

"L2P" is pretty much your go-to argument isn't it? And your entitlement rant? It's weak if you think I'm acting entitled because I believe that people should get credit for killing their opponent rather than mindlessly acquiring a kill from placing Mage's Fury on someone. Kill stealing should not be in the game because it discouraging skill-based victory.

My solution would be to remove the 3 team system because it's a bad design.
    Options