The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr brings the first furnishings locked behind Veteran content that aren't Busts [SPOILERS]

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Kikke wrote: »
    Done all trials HM.
    Done all Dungeons HM.
    Do them regulary.

Loves housing!
    But I cant show my friends that I've beat all HM content...
    Only Veteran =(

Give more special furniture behind HM kills! please?
    You can show them... with skins and titles :smiley: Nobody will convincingly make the case that a furnishing in a random house (maybe not even in your primary house if your primary is a crafting place and the fancy decorative one is just a secondary house, so people may not be able to travel in there) allows you to show off your achievement to people better than the actual titles and skins (and soon mount) that are already awarded for HMs.

There are currently 12 titles from HMs, Trial Bundle achivs and HM, Speed, nodeath achivs.
    There are currently 4 skins from trials.

I can only display 1 title and 1 skin at a time.

Give more HM busts for my house!
    Give more Furniture bound up by trial achivements!
    Give more Furniture Plan drops in trials!

Give more furniture... The end.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They give away the skin for vet. So 'you can visit other people's homes you know' isn't really an argument as to why these statues should be vet HM only (as opposed to normal or vet), when skins are far more visible to literally anyone who comes across you, while for furniture you have to actively set people's permissions to visit, they need to actively travel to your house, and only if it's in your primary.

And if 'sometimes having something for you is enough' then there is no need to deny other people the opportunity to get the item too. After all, your statue in your private home doesn't have anything to do with whether someone else also has that statue in their private room. In fact, you wouldn't even know about it.

And if you're looking for incentives to run vet HM content, well... you know... if titles, skins and mounts, increased chances of dropping motifs and higher quality loot doesn't convince people to run vet HMs instead of normal, then two statues won't either. A lack of furniture isn't the reason why people who don't do vet HMs don't do vet HMs, so adding them won't work as an incentive at all.

And the 'incentives, yay' argument also doesn't work, because with this logic we could also say that 'we need more incentives to encourage people to buy houses, so we'll have a really powerful gold trial set that spawns in your storage chest if you have at least 10 fully furnished homes'... It would make no sense right? A set that is just as good or better than other sets (as these statues are just as good or better than other furnishings) that is obtainable by a totally unrelated kind of gameplay (furniture from vetHMs and this hypothetical gold gear from having many houses) that the people who are most interested in them are the least likely to get them. :lol:

I'm not even that into the Elsweyr aesthetic on them, so it's not that much of a loss to me personally, I just can't see any logical reason for this new direction as most arguments for it don't make sense at all. :tongue:
    Let's break this down point by point. First off, from what I understand they aren't "giving away" the statues for HM, they're being added to the vendor. So you still have to invest quite a bit of gold to get them if you want, it's not handed to you automatically. This means if you don't want it you don't get it. It's a trophy, same as the other achievement furnishings. If you want it, buy it. If you don't then it doesn't affect you.

Second, a lot of people invested in housing are into it for its own sake, because they enjoy it. Not because they feel the need to everyone to see it. I won't address your point about it not mattering if anyone else has it, because it's a valid enough one. However just getting it for normal mode would severely diminish the sense of satisfaction obtained from earning it yourself. People like the other Undaunted busts not because they look neat, but because they feel earned. It's a "look at what I've beaten" thing. Besides which no-one really looks at titles or can see skins under all the armor anyway. I find them less noticeable and are still only there to stroke the ego of the one who has them.

Third, as I just implied, a lot of people don't care about motifs/skins/titles. Some do, and they'll do HM content to get them. Others don't and won't. Adding a housing incentive would bring another, perhaps small, group into the HM sphere of interest.

Finally, your last point is just ridiculous. Besides the fact that people CAN get sets from their houses via attunable crafting stations, as I said housing exists for its own sake. It's a fun way to spend time and gold building up your dream home. It has no impact on gameplay and shouldn't. The incentive should be, and is, "I want to make this home my own way" and that requires work and effort. As I said in point one, you still need to buy the furnishings. If you don't want them you're not forced to have them.

Let the people who enjoy that sort of thing enjoy it. The whole game doesn't have to pander to a certain demographic. I, for example, hate PVP stuff with a passion. Do I resent that some neat furnishings are locked behind rank achievements? No, it's an incentive for me to do better. I'd resent it more if they were just handed to me. It would feel cheap and unearned which is not what I've associate this game with.
    Put the quote behind spoiler tags because this is getting long, but here are your 'point by point brekdown' replies:
    'You don't get it automatically, you have to buy it' has nothing to do with anything. Nobody was talking about it being an automatic collectible unlock like busts, or a vendor purchased item. 'A lot of people invested in housing are into it for its own sake' Yes and that doesn't take away anything from the suggestions in this thread, to not have the furniture (private cosmetic reward for casual homebuilding gameplay) linked to a far harder difficulty than the new vet skin for example.

'If you want it, buy it. If you don't then it doesn't affect you' is not an argument. A new cyrodill set? Okay, you'll have to purchase it with AP so it's not given to you, but you can only purchase it if you spent 100k+ crowns in the store this past year. What, don't like it? If you want it, buy it, if you don't then it doesn't affect you. See it doesn't work. When adding items to the game, there should be a solid case for it why an item should be inaccesible to the majority of the playerbase. And when targeting items at their audience, you shouldn't put in counterintuitive ways of getting them.

'No one looks at titles or skins' So the vet skin doesn't have to be HM only, because noone looks at it anyway, but furniture for people's homes should be vetHM because... :neutral: ...yeah, no.'I find titles and skins less noticable' If you seriously find titles and skins less noticable than furniture in someone's home you've got eyesight issues :tongue: Come on go to Craglorn and tell me which vet busts and achi furnishings people have in their home, as opposed to which titles and/or skins (and soon mount) they use from all the vet/vetHM achis they did.

'People like the other Undaunted busts not because they look neat, but because they feel earned' 'Just getting it from normal mode would diminish the sense of satisfaction obtained from earning it yourself' Busts are a lot easier to get than these furnishings, seeing as they drop from any random vet dungeon, not limited to a vet HM trial achi gold purchase. So since people still apparently use busts which are easier to get, they'd still use these furnishings if they were easier to get. Nobody loses, more people win.

'Some people don't care about motifs/skins/titles' We're better off discussing this reward direction logically and see whether it meets the goals it aims at or whether it's consistent, rather than talking about some hypothetical anecdote of some people. For example, this could be easily turned around to say that some people care about skins, therefore putting the skin in vet instead of vetHM diminishes their achievement and doesn't stroke their ego sufficiently when all the simple vets are running around with it, while all they get for their vet HM effort is a furniture that nobody will see on their character, and that they don't even fit into their house because its furnishing slots are maxed out with crafting stations.

'Your last point is ridiculous' 'People can get sets from their homes with crafting stations' That doesn't even remotely address the point I made. You can get those same sets from world crafting stations. These high-quality furniture are for a housing purpose and are locked behind hardcore PvE content exclusively, so the equivalent would be to have a high-quality PvE set locked behind hardcore housing content exclusively.

'Adding a housing incentive would bring another, perhaps small, group into the HM sphere of interest.' As I pointed out, there is a disconnect between this alleged incentive (which won't work if that was its purpose) and the acquisition method. If you want to incentivize people to run harcore PvE content, give them rewards that relate to hardcore PvE content. What will make vet trial groups more likely to run it on HM? Furnishing achievement unlocks, or a guaranteed gold jewelry set drop?

So the point still stands, why should these furnighings be limited to vetHMs when vetHMs already have other cosmetic rewards and actual drop advantages related to them, and when other casual rewards are obtainable through easier gameplay as the vet skins? 'Let people who enjoy that sort of thing enjoy it' is an argument in my favor far more than yours.
    Edited by bluebird on April 29, 2019 2:05PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with special furnishing achievements for finishing HM end game content...

BUT I'd like that to be in addition to throwing regular housing people a bone once in a while. Maybe take a look at the long list of items housing enthusiasts have been waiting for and put them in the game. Or add them to the luxury vendor who is cranking around to year three of the same tired crap.

To me this just smacks of "See, we paid attention to housing for 30 seconds" so they an continue to back burner it. /salty

• Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Or add them to the luxury vendor who is cranking around to year three of the same tired crap.

The Lux vendor has been getting one new item every week so far to add to the rotation, so that adds up to 52 new items a year. If they continue with that trend I'm find with them not adding to the lux vendor in mass.

Just in case ya didn't already know.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new cyrodill set? Okay, you'll have to purchase it with AP so it's not given to you, but you can only purchase it if you spent 100k+ crowns in the store this past year. What, don't like it? If you want it, buy it, if you don't then it doesn't affect you. See it doesn't work. When adding items to the game, there should be a solid case for it why an item should be inaccesible to the majority of the playerbase. And when targeting items at their audience, you shouldn't put in counterintuitive ways of getting them.

Debating isn't really something I enjoy, so I'm going to single out this bit because it annoyed me the most. That's a serious case a false equivalency.
    Telling someone they can't have a new Cyro set unless they've spent however many crowns in a year is no way like this situation. These new furnishings are a bonus. A trophy to signify someone has gone through the trouble of beating difficult content and then desired the item enough to shell out the gold. it has no bearing on gameplay. Did they spend crowns to get there? Perhaps. But the content is not crown-dependent. In fact it's part of a paid DLC. In a sense, everything in any of the DLCs is blocked off from the player if they don't purchase them, these statues included.
    Besides which, if ZOS DID make a set locked behind a crown pay-wall it would still be a case of "If you want it, buy it, if you don't then it doesn't affect you." Just because it upsets people doesn't mean it doesn't work, just that some people (myself included in this case) wouldn't care for it.
    To your last line (that I have the energy to deal with), counter-intuitive would be a housing item only available to people with no houses. It is not counter-intuitive to have an item locked behind certain content. Your mission should be instead to prove why this SHOULD be accessible to the majority of the audience. And then once you've done that explain why every other item shouldn't be. I can tell you rather simply why it should. Because it is a cosmetic reward. To be earned. Will some players never get them? Yeah. Will the ones who do feel like they were earned? Also yeah.
    So what, in simple terms, is your issue with this? That you'll never get them yourself? That people shouldn't have to work for a trophy? I'll probably never get them, much as I'd like to, but I wouldn't hold that against the ones who do.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These new furnishings are a bonus. A trophy to signify someone has gone through the trouble of beating difficult content and then desired the item enough to shell out the gold.
    Trophies are free items that added to furnishings collectibles.
    I can tell you rather simply why it should. Because it is a cosmetic reward.
    It is not. By the same logic monster helmets are cosmetic rewards. Furnishings for housing community are what sets for combat community. Players use sets to become better as tanks, dps, healers. Players use furnishings to become better as landlords.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A new cyrodill set? Okay, you'll have to purchase it with AP so it's not given to you, but you can only purchase it if you spent 100k+ crowns in the store this past year. What, don't like it? If you want it, buy it, if you don't then it doesn't affect you. See it doesn't work. When adding items to the game, there should be a solid case for it why an item should be inaccesible to the majority of the playerbase. And when targeting items at their audience, you shouldn't put in counterintuitive ways of getting them.
    Debating isn't really something I enjoy, so I'm going to single out this bit because it annoyed me the most. That's a serious case a false equivalency.
    Telling someone they can't have a new Cyro set unless they've spent however many crowns in a year is no way like this situation. These new furnishings are a bonus. A trophy to signify someone has gone through the trouble of beating difficult content and then desired the item enough to shell out the gold. it has no bearing on gameplay. Did they spend crowns to get there? Perhaps. But the content is not crown-dependent. In fact it's part of a paid DLC. In a sense, everything in any of the DLCs is blocked off from the player if they don't purchase them, these statues included.
    Besides which, if ZOS DID make a set locked behind a crown pay-wall it would still be a case of "If you want it, buy it, if you don't then it doesn't affect you." Just because it upsets people doesn't mean it doesn't work, just that some people (myself included in this case) wouldn't care for it.
    To your last line (that I have the energy to deal with), counter-intuitive would be a housing item only available to people with no houses. It is not counter-intuitive to have an item locked behind certain content. Your mission should be instead to prove why this SHOULD be accessible to the majority of the audience. And then once you've done that explain why every other item shouldn't be. I can tell you rather simply why it should. Because it is a cosmetic reward. To be earned. Will some players never get them? Yeah. Will the ones who do feel like they were earned? Also yeah.
    So what, in simple terms, is your issue with this? That you'll never get them yourself? That people shouldn't have to work for a trophy? I'll probably never get them, much as I'd like to, but I wouldn't hold that against the ones who do.
    Sure, do single out one paragraph from my several counterarguments and nitpick that while ignoring everything else, but at least do it with integrity then. I never claimed that the hypothetical crown store whale exlusice cyro set would be equivalent to the current situation. I used it to point out that your argument of 'don't want it, don't buy it' could be taken to extremes to wave away any logical objection to nearly anything and therefore can't be used as an argument because it's absurd. So your 'false equivalency this makes me so angry' complaint is moot, because I didn't claim it was equivalent.

What I did claim was equivalent was if they limited high-quality PvE sets to hardcore housing people who have 10 furnished homes at least, just as they're limiting high-quality housing items to the hardest of PvE modes. There would be other PvE sets in the game, just not these ones, because housing players need some sets to feel accomplished. Clearly limited furniture are what make PvE people feel accomplished (lol) so sets would work the same way for housing people right! You're basing the argument for exclusivity on the fact that it may make vetHM groups feel good, but housing people would also feel good if you added an armor stand in game that spawns unique sets for them. So the same logic could apply here as well, and if you don't like it, don't buy it.

The onus would then be on me to make the case why we're gating some sets behind hardcore housing content, when sets are for PvE and housing is unrelated. And it's disingenous that the response would be that people 'wouldn't care for it'. They wouldn't just 'not care for it'. They would complain and stand there confused, asking... whyyyyy exactly are these limited to the hardest housing content? Exactly as we're asking whyyy exactly they're limiting some new furniture to vetHM trials as opposed to normal (as they did with the Cloudrest banner precedent) or vet (as they did with the Wrathstone and Sunspire vet skins precedent)? And just as @Olauron pointed out, furniture are for the housing community what sets are for the PvE community, a way to improve, customize and progress.

And no, 'a housing item available to people with no houses' is not counterintuitive, but paradoxical. So thank you, my word usage was correct :tongue: Housing is optional only the same way that PvP is optional, the same way trials are optional, with each of those being a separate unrelated aspect of the game, instead of one of these aspects being some cosmetic reward for the others. Common sense would say that the best PvE sets go to the most serious PvE players, the best PvP gear and abilities go to the most serious PvP players, and housing items... should be limited to the hardest levels of completely different gameplay while lower levels of those types of gameplay already give out other cosmetic rewards with far more ease... wait, what? :neutral: So yeah, we're back to no. Pretty counterintuitive. And still no argument as to why they should be vetHM only instead of normal or vet, when other cosmetic rewards are already given away for those lower difficulties, and when most arguments for it could be turned around and make it totally absurd.
    Edited by bluebird on April 30, 2019 11:58AM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Or add them to the luxury vendor who is cranking around to year three of the same tired crap.

The Lux vendor has been getting one new item every week so far to add to the rotation, so that adds up to 52 new items a year. If they continue with that trend I'm find with them not adding to the lux vendor in mass.

Just in case ya didn't already know.

Oh yeah, I'm completely aware of that. But often the item is a resized/recolored version of a previous item or something else equally uninspired. The fern, which was a barely different version of the one you could get for a fraction of the price at the regular vendor, was a classic low.

It's been suggested before - but a second luxury vendor, similar to Faustina for writ vendor, who could have the previous items - thus freeing up Zenil to have some exciting new stock.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done all trials HM.
    Done all Dungeons HM.
    Do them regulary.

Loves housing!
    Only Veteran =(

You can show them... with skins and titles :smiley: Nobody will convincingly make the case that a furnishing in a random house (maybe not even in your primary house if your primary is a crafting place and the fancy decorative one is just a secondary house, so people may not be able to travel in there) allows you to show off your achievement to people better than the actual titles and skins (and soon mount) that are already awarded for HMs.

There are currently 12 titles from HMs, Trial Bundle achivs and HM, Speed, nodeath achivs.

And balance this by rewarding folks with housing achievements with special trial-quality gear? If the idea is cross-area-of-interest rewards surely that principle should apply to the other two groups mentionned in one of the earlier posts.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    Done all trials HM.
    Done all Dungeons HM.
    Do them regulary.

Loves housing!
    Only Veteran =(

And balance this by rewarding folks with housing achievements with special trial-quality gear? If the idea is cross-area-of-interest rewards surely that principle should apply to the other two groups mentionned in one of the earlier posts.

uhm... Housing currently: You get furnitures from world achivements, dungeons achivements, world drops, dungeon drops, PvP achivements, trough crafting, master writs, luxery vendor. dailies.

why cant trial runners be included in this?
    Cleared Trials:

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Done all trials HM.
    Done all Dungeons HM.
    Do them regulary.

Loves housing!
    Only Veteran =(

uhm... Housing currently: You get furnitures from world achivements, dungeons achivements, world drops, dungeon drops, PvP achivements, trough crafting, master writs, luxery vendor. dailies.

They're already included. Undaunted trophies and busts drop, in addition to Cloudrest also having an achi furnishing. But for normal. There's no reason to tie furniture to vetHMs, which is a new direction taking a totally different approach to what they did previously with simple normal and vet busts, normal trial achi furnishings, and skins that they give away for vets. And this wouldn't exclude trial runners at all, since if the furniture were unlocked with normal, trial runners would still get them just as they got the Cloudrest banner.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Done all trials HM.
    Done all Dungeons HM.
    Do them regulary.

Loves housing!
    Only Veteran =(

They're already included. Undaunted trophies and busts drop, in addition to Cloudrest also having an achi furnishing. But for normal. There's no reason to tie furniture to vetHMs, which is a new direction taking a totally different approach to what they did previously with simple normal and vet busts, normal trial achi furnishings, and skins that they give away for vets. And this wouldn't exclude trial runners at all, since if the furniture were unlocked with normal, trial runners would still get them just as they got the Cloudrest banner.

Furniture's locked behind Emperor, rank 50 etc is fine tho?
    As this post starter out. giving us something to show that we actually killed it on HM over only Veteran. Thank god, and give more.
    Cleared Trials:

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Done all trials HM.
    Done all Dungeons HM.
    Do them regulary.

Loves housing!
    Only Veteran =(

Furniture's locked behind Emperor, rank 50 etc is fine tho?
    As this post starter out. giving us something to show that we actually killed it on HM over only Veteran. Thank god, and give more.
    Vet skin given away for vet is fine tho? Furniture being dropped from normal and vet dungeons is fine tho? But achi furniture need to be vetHM trials because if it was normal or vet it'd be the end of the world? And with the same logic, give us a unique gear set to show that we actually have several furnished houses. Or give us a monster helm because we are master fishers. :smile: Many exclusivity! More incentive! Such unique, much wow!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea. They will definitely end up being a selling point for trial carries, but I don’t see anything wrong with that. People who want them will give their gold to 11 players that spend their time practicing Sunspire, vs giving their gold to players that spend hours farming containers for typical furnishings. Either way, it’s better than having to pay crowns for them.
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    Cool idea. They will definitely end up being a selling point for trial carries, but I don’t see anything wrong with that. People who want them will give their gold to 11 players that spend their time practicing Sunspire, vs giving their gold to players that spend hours farming containers for typical furnishings. Either way, it’s better than having to pay crowns for them.

Agreed. Though I wouldn't mind if they included them available for CS purchase as well, just because it's vet HM instead of just vet.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically it's not much different than the furniture that's behind dlc achievements.
    For a trial, this is new for sure, but I consider this to be a good thing because I had no incentive nor interest for the dungeon/gear.

This might motivate me.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...

Not a great direction to take the game in.

You have trial players and then you have furnishers.

While there is some overlap between the two, I do not think it is sufficient to warrant this.

Very divisive and kind of manipulative, frankly.

I have no intention to do trials in this game in any serious kind of way and if they lock too much stuff I like behind them, I will just stop bothering, altogether and will wander off and do something else.

I "real" raided in WoW.

That was enough to last me a lifetime, frankly.

...and at least there they didn't have combat mechanic c*ck-ups they then decided to "embrace" and they had a proper progression and gearing path (in MoP anyway).

In this game, I have never done instanced content that doesn't either feel too easy, or too hard.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 4, 2019 5:50AM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine with me. Get in there and get er done!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Done all trials HM.
    Done all Dungeons HM.
    Do them regulary.

Loves housing!
    Only Veteran =(

I'd quite like to be rewarded in some way - any way, frankly - for buying houses (either with gold, or real money - normally the former) and then furnishing them up to a decent standard.

I don't want to be sent off to do other things and then go back to my house, to sink gold and display trophies and get absolutely no recognition, gold or anything else, for the hours and hours (and real money) I spent on them.

Other than kind visitors making (hopefully) approving noises, obviously.

We get NOTHING back in housing, we get NOTHING back for furnishing, we can't even make gold while we do it like you can in EVERY other part of the game, we can't even do furnishing writs as a way of clawing back some of the gold we spent on blueprints (as we can if we collect motifs).

Furnishing mats are harder and harder to come by and are more and more expensive.

Newer blueprints, ditto.

The price of furnishings is, generally, low - so, you can't even make much gold selling them anymore.

Some people, who do sell them, are losing gold on the raw mat price.

Houses have practically no functionality, many have too few furnishing slots, we have been told that that won't be improved and that we can't even have a furnishings bag, as it would be "complicated".

We are totally blanked on the idea of being able to convert unused Collectible Furnishings slots to (additional) Traditional Furnishings slots, if we want.

...and instead, we are now expected to do trials to get furniture?

Thanks, but no thanks.

The world will not end if I don't get a dragon furnishing, but the general direction means that, in my mind, another nail has been hammered into the ESO coffin.

Edited by Tigerseye on May 4, 2019 6:33AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

It's just a shame that, even if they considered changing the requirements, it's probably too late in the PTS testing to do it. There's just over 3 weeks until Elsweyr launches, and I doubt the devs will consider prioritizing something like this.

Do you think the devs made this intentional so that the 2% of players who manage to get these furnishings will suddenly want to get into housing now and spend crowns to buy/decorate their houses?

If that's the case, well played.

Well played indeed.

Except it won't work.

People who really like housing do it anyway, people who don't don't and people who have been put off housing due to low furnishing caps, lack of essential building components and all the other issues I banged on about, above, still won't want to do it, as nothing has changed there.

Same with trials - people who really like trials do them anyway (and so on)...

Most of these statues will be stuck in their virtual storage, or (at best) in a near empty house, with a few other trophies and virtually forgotten about.

A few will be in guild houses, maybe, if the gm happens to be into high end PVE, or pays for a boost.

Sad really.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 4, 2019 7:18AM