The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Nightblade Nerf Response.

Hortator Indoril Nerevar
Hortator Indoril Nerevar
✭✭✭✭✭
A response to the nightblade nerfs..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsymvcW4WkU&t=1s

These nerfs are being put in to lower the out performing nightblade players who do insanely good dps. I agree that nightblades have been pretty strong for a long time (I do 55k Solo on 6m). I get it.

HOWEVER

These nerfs wont change anything for us out performing nightblades. We will still run in good groups who will give us everything we lost. So all this does is hurt the little guys who are already struggling.

The bar for the average player is very low already. Most people cant even do a 6m Skelle test because they cant resource manage. The average player needs to be made better and NOT worse.

This nerf is both stupid and pointless.

Jim-Halpert-Shrug-and-Leave-The-Office.gif?resize=300%2C169&ssl=1

May what ever god you weirdly believe in have mercy on your puging soul.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc giggles
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Most people spend their time alone or pugging where half the time there are no group buffs.
    If they go through with these nerfs its going to cause a lot of people to leave the game.
    Guess no real changes with the combat team its just meet the new boss as dumb as the old boss.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Stam sorc giggles

This guy speaks wise truth. I just want to play my stamplar and not be like #feelsbadman

@BuddyAces love you BB
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol imagine complaining about nerfs yet you’re still better than 3 out of the other 4 classes currently in the game.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Lol imagine complaining about nerfs yet you’re still better than 3 out of the other 4 classes currently in the game.

Maybe as a Stamina DPS. As a Magblade though, we're just average at best while being meh healers and lackluster Tanks. If we're going by what a class is best as then no class has any argument to make at all since DK is the best tank, Templar the best Healer, Sorc as the best Magic class, NB as the best Stamina class and Warden as the best support class.

Sounds dull AF in that situation doesn't it?
    Argonian forever
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this yesterday and I had already came to the same conclusion even though I’m am probably just considered a functional player. (I can get 30k most the time).

I also don’t do anything but pug so I knew from the time I learned of the 8% damage nerf i should probably just shelf my nb.

At this point it’s just extra work and no extra return for me. Stam Sorc is my main and the rotation is so much easier to do decent dps with. Warden is just as easy and both of these classes have better survive ability than nb. To me at least
    Edited by spacebandit on May 3, 2019 6:31PM
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs and Sorcs, both stamina and magicka, should both be top DPS/DDs until they are both just as good at healing and tanking as DKs and Templars.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What nerfs really? You don't need berserk fracture in almost any group pve. Only the warden can keep it up with a passive skill, there are monster helms you can use for vma and also fracture is kinda needed I guess depends on what round but guess what there is a crafted set that many other classes use. Like really? Now y'all have change your builds like almost every other class and it's such a big deal.

Please before being completely caught up in this nerf nb play other classes. See what it's really like for them and then compare how bad these nerfs are. Magblades y'all just need a buff to path but anything taken away from you this patch wasn't what was wrong with your class.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    NBs and Sorcs, both stamina and magicka, should both be top DPS/DDs until they are both just as good at healing and tanking as DKs and Templars.

Sorry, sorc healers have a place currently in healing. They are quite close to the top of the dd spots on mag side. So you have two relevant spots. How many does a dk have? Ye currently only tank.

Stam sorcs are the only one you mentioned that needs help.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on May 3, 2019 7:00PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, sorc healers have a place currently in healing. They are quite close to the top of the dd spots on mag side. So you have two relevant spots. How many does a dk have? Ye currently only tank.

Liko did his Stam Sorc parse and it hit like 400 DPS below StamBlade. Go watch his/her latest two videos. (Also yes they DID have a Shadow Mundus on both ).

sSorc can do competitive DPS.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

Liko did his Stam Sorc parse and it hit like 400 DPS below StamBlade. Go watch his/her latest two videos. (Also yes they DID have a Shadow Mundus on both ).

Nobody is complaining that we're hitting super low...
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

The one where there may or may not have a mundus stone because of a bug?

Also didn't say they needed a buff. Just another toy maybe I guess from the Sorc line.

Also did you read who I was responding to? It was more about how Sorc heals.

Are you mad because NBS are not hitting harder than Stam Sorc??? I'm confused
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on May 3, 2019 8:21PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched this yesterday and I had already came to the same conclusion even though I’m am probably just considered a functional player. (I can get 30k most the time).

I also don’t do anything but pug so I knew from the time I learned of the 8% damage nerf i should probably just shelf my nb.

At this point it’s just extra work and no extra return for me. Stam Sorc is my main and the rotation is so much easier to do decent dps with. Warden is just as easy and both of these classes have better survive ability than nb. To me at least

I feel the same way, I thought the increased damage was a reward for mastering a more difficult rotation, having less survivability, and being part of a class that can't heal or tank. Might as well get rid of the class entirely. Fairly new to the game but I know what my crafting character will be now. At least the double XP event is still going on just leveled up a magsorc and magdk this week.
  • KatySpirit
    KatySpirit
    ✭✭✭

Maybe as a Stamina DPS. As a Magblade though, we're just average at best while being meh healers and lackluster Tanks. If we're going by what a class is best as then no class has any argument to make at all since DK is the best tank, Templar the best Healer, Sorc as the best Magic class, NB as the best Stamina class and Warden as the best support class.

I strongly agree with this. All the classes need to be given boosts in the areas that they are weak in, instead of just taking shots in the dark to weaken them in the areas they are strongest (which tends to hurt their weak areas far more). DK needs to be lifted up to be better at DPS, Templar needs to be given the skills to make it a stronger tank, etc. It is just boring to make our class choice limit the role we can play.
    Tanks: Warden, Nightblade, Dragonknight
    Healers: Nightblade, Templar, Warden, Sorcerer, Dragonknight, Necromancer
    DPS: Magsorc, Magblade, Magplar, MagDK, Stamblade, StamNecro
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better at what?

Tanking? Healing? Aoe? Group play? Mag pvp?

Or let me guess... The ONE thing they were intended to be good at. Single target damage.

Everything else was already gutted?

I guess a class being the lesser at everything else and maybe being 2nd at something makes sense to some..

• Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KatySpirit wrote: »

I strongly agree with this. All the classes need to be given boosts in the areas that they are weak in, instead of just taking shots in the dark to weaken them in the areas they are strongest (which tends to hurt their weak areas far more). DK needs to be lifted up to be better at DPS, Templar needs to be given the skills to make it a stronger tank, etc. It is just boring to make our class choice limit the role we can play.

If you haven’t tried dk dps on pts then I recommend you try it. They’re not at all weak for either mag or stam.

But yes, there are a few standouts. I met a sorc tank once...
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »

If you haven’t tried dk dps on pts then I recommend you try it. They’re not at all weak for either mag or stam.

Mdk: weak in the case of melee.
    SDK: so far weak because lack of a decent spammable.

What I have learned from parses. But they aren't like 20k behind DPS or anything no.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos expected we have all buffs all the time.

• Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I have learned from parses. But they aren't like 20k behind DPS or anything no.

As a stamblade main playing with a melee mag dk on pts for an hour I didn't think that it was weak. Not the best sure, but not weak and defintely a big step in the right direction.
    Ma7tJaZ.jpg

Class spammable or not, stam dk is still one of the stronger stam classes in group. They may not be best in slot but the existing classes are definitely getting closer in dps.
  • omgiztim
    omgiztim
    ✭✭✭

As a stamblade main playing with a melee mag dk on pts for an hour I didn't think that it was weak. Not the best sure, but not weak and defintely a big step in the right direction.
    Ma7tJaZ.jpg

Class spammable or not, stam dk is still one of the stronger stam classes in group. They may not be best in slot but the existing classes are definitely getting closer in dps.

This is the thing that is killing this game. Classes should not be close on DPS.

Dks should have horrible dps but great survivability

Warden and templars should have a little better dps but be more about healing and utility with second best survivability.

Sorcs should have the best dps, second best burst and some survivability

NB should have the best burst/second dps and almost no survivability.

Everyone wants all classes to be equal. That is not a balanced game. That is a one class everyone is the same game.

Balances does not mean every class can beat all other classes. Balanced means there is trade off between dps/bust and survivability among the classes.

High in one and low in another or somewhere in-between.

I have played all the classes and have to say Nightblade is the closest to a balanced class. Yes, they do awesome damage, but if caught they are very weak. Yet they are nerfing this class when it is actually the best balanced one.

Mage Sorc is the most off balance class and that is why it is the meta. Way too much survivability with shields and streak. burst/dps slightly too high nut not too bad.

Dks have far too much dps and burst for the class and why they are also the meta.

Please stop trying to make every class the same in all areas.

• Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    omgiztim wrote: »

Ma7tJaZ.jpg

This is the thing that is killing this game. Classes should not be close on DPS.

Dks should have horrible dps but great survivability

Warden and templars should have a little better dps but be more about healing and utility with second best survivability.

Sorcs should have the best dps, second best burst and some survivability

NB should have the best burst/second dps and almost no survivability.

Everyone wants all classes to be equal. That is not a balanced game. That is a one class everyone is the same game.

Balances does not mean every class can beat all other classes. Balanced means there is trade off between dps/bust and survivability among the classes.

High in one and low in another or somewhere in-between.

I have played all the classes and have to say Nightblade is the closest to a balanced class. Yes, they do awesome damage, but if caught they are very weak. Yet they are nerfing this class when it is actually the best balanced one.

Mage Sorc is the most off balance class and that is why it is the meta. Way too much survivability with shields and streak. burst/dps slightly too high nut not too bad.

Dks have far too much dps and burst for the class and why they are also the meta.

Please stop trying to make every class the same in all areas.

They may as well reduce the game to 3 classes, dps, healer, tank. Don't need fancy names like nightblade, dragonknight etc if they are all gonna do the exact same thing. This is really making the game boring.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just waiting for new trial dummies. We might see some balance DPS wise soon.

And the guy saying that every class should do different amount of DPS and that going for same DPS is not balance...
    Same DPS is balance. The way you get there might differ, but same DPS is balance.

Unless everyone can reach the same DPS, you will see the continuation of class stacking as we have now. Only way to combat this is with equal DPS and unique buffs, debuffs or synergies.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »

And the guy saying that every class should do different amount of DPS and that going for same DPS is not balance...
    Same DPS is balance. The way you get there might differ, but same DPS is balance.

Unless everyone can reach the same DPS, you will see the continuation of class stacking as we have now. Only way to combat this is with equal DPS and unique buffs, debuffs or synergies.

Similar sustained dps but different ways of getting there makes sense. There will remain jobs for bursty classes, self sustaining classes and those that provide group utility. But nobody wants their main that they've put countless hours into being benched at end game. I'm not talking very very end game of course - there will always be a meta because it's almost impossible for there not to be.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ma7tJaZ.jpg

Both top end dks are 5 -10ish k behind other melee spots
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ma7tJaZ.jpg

Both top end dks are 5 -10ish k behind other melee spots

And yet I see much better players than me parsing only 1k different on the new target dummy for a ~90k parse.
  • eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    [ agree with the OP. The nightblade class is one of those that does excel in end game under a skilled player but it can really under perform in the hands of an unskilled player. As people point out the nerfs will hardly impact high end players running in organized groups. The biggest hit will be when you need to break off from a boss and burn down an add. NB's excelled at this and it was a fun part of the class because they could fraction/breach. So that is lost but that's about it.

Its the average player that probably wasn't hitting big numbers anyway that is going to be hurt big time. Average players are not running weapon pots and are not getting off light weaves so siphoning attacks and bow procs are few and far between. I'm trying to figure out if it even makes sense to run SA over shrouded daggers if running normal pots. I think daggers will outperform. Now add in that the merciless does NOTHING when you click it but uses resources I think base players might just want to run camo hunter instead. At least then they won't need to needlessly click something twelve times, yes its twelve clicks (if you do it perfectly) to maybe get a bow proc off.

Yes I know this doesn't pertain to high end players with years of experience, I am just talking about normal players those of us that actually use dungeon finder, we meet up struggle through the DLC dungeons. Its this group that will be hurt and this group that is not over performing.

So does a normal stamblade just drop SA and merciless. We can run rending, shrouded daggers, killers blade, camo hunter, and trap beast on front bar then run EH, caltrops, PI, camo hunter, and siphoning attacks on back bar. Seems pretty lame but might all we got.

Lytw8
    < Xbox NA PVE >
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My NB nerf response:
    I love playing my bow gankblade and these nerfs are going to make it a little more challenging that's for sure.
    https://youtu.be/Mm63TD20qXY
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on May 4, 2019 11:02AM
  • omgiztim
    omgiztim
    ✭✭✭

If everyone has the same dps to be balanced then they will need the same survivability to be balanced. Therefore, everyone is the same.

Balanced is having offsets and counters to all but not everyone has access to it all. Damage and survivability should go on a sliding scale. More damage equals less survivability and vise versa.

Right now, you have heavy tanks or shielded sorcs doing the same if not more dps than some glass cannons. The game is way off balanced. Too often see a sorc or dk taking on 5-6 players and winning because of high sustain and high dps.

The few skills that help fight against (balance this) like IC or snipe get nerfed because these same players whine because that's what kills them

The game should be designed for group play. Groups depending on a mix of players for dps and survivability working together. Not everyone should be a le to solo everyone else.

• Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭

If everyone has the same dps to be balanced then they will need the same survivability to be balanced. Therefore, everyone is the same.

Balanced is having offsets and counters to all but not everyone has access to it all. Damage and survivability should go on a sliding scale. More damage equals less survivability and vise versa.

Right now, you have heavy tanks or shielded sorcs doing the same if not more dps than some glass cannons. The game is way off balanced. Too often see a sorc or dk taking on 5-6 players and winning because of high sustain and high dps.

The few skills that help fight against (balance this) like IC or snipe get nerfed because these same players whine because that's what kills them

The game should be designed for group play. Groups depending on a mix of players for dps and survivability working together. Not everyone should be a le to solo everyone else.

Nightblades are becoming glass pistols
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree but survivability needs to be increased for NBs. The only people who complain about snipe are pvp noobs who haven’t jumped on the survivability bandwagon. Same for NBs being powerful, except add duelers.

As for glass canon specs, there’s no such thing that isn’t a trash pvp build, the other name for them is free AP or potatoes.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 5, 2019 10:45PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
This discussion has been closed.