Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Blood and Dragon Bile

Tyrobag
Tyrobag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I went ahead and tested the two new reagents, and found some glaring issues.

The biggest issue is with the Bile, it contains both the invisibility and detection effects, rendering half the ingredient inert. (For those who do not know, mixing an effect with its counter effect in a potion results in negating the effect.)
NoInvis.jpg

In my opinion the detect effect should be changed to a restore magicka effect. This would also address the second issue, that you can make Stamina/Ulti Pots, but not Magicka/Ulti pots. It doesn't feel right that only stam characters should have access to this new source of minor heroism (without giving up an essential source of sustain).
Yes-Stamina.jpg
No-Magicka.jpg

The final issue is that mixing the heroism effect into a poison does nothing, it results in an inert poison. Not necessarily a huge issue, but it is the only effect that behaves this way so it seems like a bug.
Inert-Poison.jpg

All in all I like the idea of the new ingredients and the new effect, I just feel that they need to be adjusted to meld better with the existing alchemy system and to be accessible for both stam and mag playstyles.
Edited by Tyrobag on April 19, 2019 3:07PM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Added pictures
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take my insightful.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect and invis on the same reagent? lmao
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a stam player, i feel mag should have access to lingering hp if they want. So I totally agree with changing one of the invis to add mag. Personally i would prefer to keep the invis detect.
    Edited by kookster on April 19, 2019 3:58PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    kookster wrote: »
    As a stam player, i feel mag should have access to lingering hp if they want. So I totally agree with changing one of the invis to add mag. Personally i would prefer to keep the invis detect.

Agreed. Mag needs more diversity in potion options.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no one is talking about the fact that each single pot will cost the same amount a gold buff food is costing now? The pots will not be usable for anyone anyways, even worse then summerset pots
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, ZOS, dont make same mistake like with Summerset.
    Afaik mother of pearls are ALCHEMY indegrients. Tho cuz of rarity and price almost nobody is using them for anything except golden food (which prices are getting higher and higher). What's the point of adding new alchemy indegrients, when their drop rate is just so low that it limits their use in any kind of gameplay? Why we get things that looks "nice", but due too mechanics we can just dream about this. It's like adding new amazing crafted set with requirement of 10 known traits.
    Consider increasing drop chance/make it drop from more things/adding this too IC alchemy boxes/any other idea ppl on forum have
    Just give us way to actually use those indegrients

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    Yep, ZOS, dont make same mistake like with Summerset.
    Afaik mother of pearls are ALCHEMY indegrients. Tho cuz of rarity and price almost nobody is using them for anything except golden food (which prices are getting higher and higher). What's the point of adding new alchemy indegrients, when their drop rate is just so low that it limits their use in any kind of gameplay? Why we get things that looks "nice", but due too mechanics we can just dream about this. It's like adding new amazing crafted set with requirement of 10 known traits.
    Consider increasing drop chance/make it drop from more things/adding this too IC alchemy boxes/any other idea ppl on forum have
    Just give us way to actually use those indegrients

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I hadn't actually tested the droprates, if this is true than I 100% agree. I had been assuming that each dragon would drop 3-5 of each or something, since that would be somewhat reasonable for use in alchemy while still keeping it fairly rare.

That is also a logical amount. A massive dead dragon is right there, why could I not take its blood?

Heck I'm probably covered in its blood.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen this particular issue addressed in the patch notes, this is yet to get fixed, right?

Please ZoS, don't release Dragon's Bile in this half-broken state, replace detection with Restore Magicka.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the magicka. But the rarity seems fine to me, its ok to have a powerful buff that you use to give yourself an edge in certain situations. Minor heroism potions shouldn't become something you can just chug through the whole trial like power and tri pots.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    So I went ahead and tested the two new reagents, and found some glaring issues.

The biggest issue is with the Bile, it contains both the invisibility and detection effects, rendering half the ingredient inert. (For those who do not know, mixing an effect with its counter effect in a potion results in negating the effect.)
    NoInvis.jpg

In my opinion the detect effect should be changed to a restore magicka effect. This would also address the second issue, that you can make Stamina/Ulti Pots, but not Magicka/Ulti pots. It doesn't feel right that only stam characters should have access to this new source of minor heroism (without giving up an essential source of sustain).
    Yes-Stamina.jpg
    No-Magicka.jpg

The final issue is that mixing the heroism effect into a poison does nothing, it results in an inert poison. Not necessarily a huge issue, but it is the only effect that behaves this way so it seems like a bug.
    Inert-Poison.jpg

All in all I like the idea of the new ingredients and the new effect, I just feel that they need to be adjusted to meld better with the existing alchemy system and to be accessible for both stam and mag playstyles.

The poison works now. I agree with the Magicka bonus. I mainly play Dk and on stam i already have access to minor heroism by using heroic slash and on my magDK i can't use the potions and don't have any access to minor heroism. I would have to give up a set for it and thats not working. I also think that the ingredients are too rare. It is the same like with the last 2 ingredients they added. Noone uses it because ots way too rare and potions or poison are way too expensive to use. This just makes it a joke. I killed some Dragons and the sometimes I didn't get any ingredient or got one. Thats it... Please look at the Guildstores at PC EU and search for the lately added ingredients. You will find tons of them but noone buys it because it is more than 3k per ingredient which results in around 1k gold per potion if you craft them yourself. I would just drink 1k gold every 45 seconds during a fight. Not worth it. The minor heroism Potions arent as strong anyway so why making it super rare? The Poison are a little too much with the Healabsorbtion. Remove the Healabsorbtion, btw I don't know why it's there anyway, doesn't have to do anything with the ingredients effects and make it restore 1 ultimate per second for flat 8 seconds. Not everyone has 10h a day to farm these ingredients or get millions of gold to buy them. I would like to make some builds with it but I can't because of its rarity. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A positive and it's corresponding negative effect on the same ingredient? Wtf ZOS xP
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK