The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rude behaviour in BG’s

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Kel wrote: »
    I love how this post started as a rude behavior post then devolved into a critique of night blade healers....😆

The forums, man....gotta love them...

It’s all good. Feedback and opinions are always good. I’d rather discuss it civilly in a thread with intelligent conversation about it then have a ‘NB Healers Suck!’ thread. Off topic from the OP yea, but whatever.
    It's kinda funny though, seeing all the critique without any substantial arguments. People just don't like nightblades and they are inable to look past this and see the actual potential of the class in terms of healing. Last week I pulled 2.9 million healing with 0 deaths on my nb healer in BGs. Meanwhile every single dd on my team did more than 2 million dmg. All I can do is laugh at the sheep mentality tbh :D

Nice that’s a new high for what I’ve seen. What were your points? I’ve gone the route of mixing damage and healing. I sacrifice some utility/survivability but am rewarded for it by the system.

I’ve also found that people appreciate the freedom it gives, since the abilities I use are 28m. Not having to stack allows people more leeway in their gameplay. Especially against ball groups who tend not to gap close and are easy to kite, their whole thing is stay in springs/prayer range, plus try and force the front line to kite back so they can ult dump the entire group.

I don’t premade but I’d experiment with not balling up, as the whole reason for doing it revolves around the warden class. Plus yes - I’ve been against them, and yes I’ve won (though not always of course).
    My score was 3700, highest I've got as a healer in dm. But tbh, I couldn't care less about my score tbh. I'm all about supporting the team and if we win, my goal has been achieved. Score is just fluff, and playing for personal score is inherently pointless and selfish in a group game mode.

I don't provide any damage to the group myself, but indirectly I do, if that makes sense. My healer is built to take enormous amounts of damage and put out a lot of heals, cc and support. By focussing completely on support through buffing, debuffing and providing a constant stream of hots and resources, I enlarge my teammates offensive window by a lot. They have to spend less time healing themselves and heavy attacking for resources and can continue to pressure the enemy team. Plus I usually take a lot of aggro. In the match where I did 2.9 million heals, I had the entire purple team + some from green on me at one point, because they wanted to kill me that badly. The result was that the dd's on my team were free to unload on the enemy who had drained a lot of their resources. Is it wise to focuss the tanky player? No, but it happens a lot still.

I play both premade and random, and not 'balling up' is very unwise to do in both situations to be honest, if you face any strong opponents. The whole purpose of balling up is to benefit from each others buffs and conal/AoE heals. The moment you spread out you will be singled out and bursted one by one, if your opponent is any good that is. Staying together allows your team to peel and cc when someone gets focussed. Movement and staying together are key in high MMR matches. If your team gets killed 4v4 while you were all grouped, then it is simply a fact that the other team outplayed you.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the match where I did 2.9 million heals, I had the entire purple team + some from green on me at one point, because they wanted to kill me that badly. The result was that the dd's on my team were free to unload on the enemy who had drained a lot of their resources. Is it wise to focuss the tanky player? No, but it happens a lot still.

They aren't trying to kill the tanky player, they are trying to kill the healer that is keeping all the DPS alive. I have noticed that from the moment people notice I'm using Shrewd Offering to heal people, which is a very inconspicuous heal thankfully, I get far more people bee-lining for me.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    In the match where I did 2.9 million heals, I had the entire purple team + some from green on me at one point, because they wanted to kill me that badly. The result was that the dd's on my team were free to unload on the enemy who had drained a lot of their resources. Is it wise to focuss the tanky player? No, but it happens a lot still.

They aren't trying to kill the tanky player, they are trying to kill the healer that is keeping all the DPS alive. I have noticed that from the moment people notice I'm using Shrewd Offering to heal people, which is a very inconspicuous heal thankfully, I get far more people bee-lining for me.
    I know, but some teams don't have the damage to take down the healer and they would be better of bursting squishier players, leaving the healer for last. Depends on the healer and the amount of dmg your team has.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every good night blade, Stam or Mag, there are hundreds of others who just plain suck.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love how this post started as a rude behavior post then devolved into a critique of night blade healers....😆

It’s all good. Feedback and opinions are always good. I’d rather discuss it civilly in a thread with intelligent conversation about it then have a ‘NB Healers Suck!’ thread. Off topic from the OP yea, but whatever.
    It's kinda funny though, seeing all the critique without any substantial arguments. People just don't like nightblades and they are inable to look past this and see the actual potential of the class in terms of healing. Last week I pulled 2.9 million healing with 0 deaths on my nb healer in BGs. Meanwhile every single dd on my team did more than 2 million dmg. All I can do is laugh at the sheep mentality tbh :D

Nice that’s a new high for what I’ve seen. What were your points? I’ve gone the route of mixing damage and healing. I sacrifice some utility/survivability but am rewarded for it by the system.

I’ve also found that people appreciate the freedom it gives, since the abilities I use are 28m. Not having to stack allows people more leeway in their gameplay. Especially against ball groups who tend not to gap close and are easy to kite, their whole thing is stay in springs/prayer range, plus try and force the front line to kite back so they can ult dump the entire group.

I don’t premade but I’d experiment with not balling up, as the whole reason for doing it revolves around the warden class. Plus yes - I’ve been against them, and yes I’ve won (though not always of course).
    My score was 3700, highest I've got as a healer in dm. But tbh, I couldn't care less about my score tbh. I'm all about supporting the team and if we win, my goal has been achieved. Score is just fluff, and playing for personal score is inherently pointless and selfish in a group game mode.

I don't provide any damage to the group myself, but indirectly I do, if that makes sense. My healer is built to take enormous amounts of damage and put out a lot of heals, cc and support. By focussing completely on support through buffing, debuffing and providing a constant stream of hots and resources, I enlarge my teammates offensive window by a lot. They have to spend less time healing themselves and heavy attacking for resources and can continue to pressure the enemy team. Plus I usually take a lot of aggro. In the match where I did 2.9 million heals, I had the entire purple team + some from green on me at one point, because they wanted to kill me that badly. The result was that the dd's on my team were free to unload on the enemy who had drained a lot of their resources. Is it wise to focuss the tanky player? No, but it happens a lot still.

I play both premade and random, and not 'balling up' is very unwise to do in both situations to be honest, if you face any strong opponents. The whole purpose of balling up is to benefit from each others buffs and conal/AoE heals. The moment you spread out you will be singled out and bursted one by one, if your opponent is any good that is. Staying together allows your team to peel and cc when someone gets focussed. Movement and staying together are key in high MMR matches. If your team gets killed 4v4 while you were all grouped, then it is simply a fact that the other team outplayed you.

Hum, disagree. Providing offense is extremely effective in a 4v4v4 scenario. More pressure is more pressure, and ultimately the team who wins in the death match is the one who has the most kills and assists. I’m not saying that healing isn’t beneficial, but if you can heal over a million, get 7 PKs, and 10 assists you’re more likely to win then if you pure healed.

Usually what I find happens is if I’m the only healer in the BG both of the other teams double team you. Being able to wipe one team in time to swing back to kill the other is key. If the other teams have healers more offensive pressure helps too.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hum, disagree. Providing offense is extremely effective in a 4v4v4 scenario. More pressure is more pressure, and ultimately the team who wins in the death match is the one who has the most kills and assists. I’m not saying that healing isn’t beneficial, but if you can heal over a million, get 7 PKs, and 10 assists you’re more likely to win then if you pure healed.

Usually what I find happens is if I’m the only healer in the BG both of the other teams double team you. Being able to wipe one team in time to swing back to kill the other is key. If the other teams have healers more offensive pressure helps too.
    I never said my way of playing healer is more effective. Not at all. I think a healer who does damage too can be very effective, and in some situations more effective than a pure healer. It just depends on the team you have and the quality of the players in the BG.

If the 3 dd's on your team are good and know how to focus targets and combine ultimates, in most cases you really don't need any more damage to be honest. From what I have seen, 3 is enough to at least pop 1 of them and then just overwhelm them if you play well. I just make it my goal to support them in the best way I can so they can keep going full ham.

Also some premade (or even random) teams have very high damage and will try to take you out as a healer all at once. Or like you said, double team you. If you run a hybrid spec you more often than not lack the defense and utility to deal with this kind of pressure and die, and as a result your team wipes. This is what happened to me a lot in the past once they realized I was healing. When I decided to go for a full on healer who is very hard to kill my effectiveness and win rate went up drastically.

In group compositions where your team is already superior or where you have a crapload of offhealing from group members, a healer who applies more damage himself would be better and a full healer loses some value. Admittedly there are matches in which I feel sort of useless or in which I thought I could be more useful had I brought some damage myself.

So again, not disagreeing with you. The disagreeing was just on the not staying grouped part.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I basicly always solo queue. Sometimes you get 2 healers and 2 tanks, usually people who can’t stick together. Being able to switch it up and adapt your playstyle depending on your team is nice.

You’d be surprised how easy it is to win against a ball group with a good team. Basicly kill steal all their kills and they’re easy to kite so they have problems catching you if you’re elusive. Typically rely on aoe ultimates to get all their kills so easy to predict when you need to be in range to kill steal. Basicly a one trick pony (usually) with warden sub-assault, permafrost and DK’s leap.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 14, 2019 2:15PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Watzy
    Watzy
    Soul Shriven
    SkerKro wrote: »
    do you know how it feels to be the only one visible person in your team? i dont blame him.
    Great question honestly, I'll say, no for them, since they sidestepped your question.

I've been in a few were there's 3 stamblades, and me. Big ol meaty target. The nbs off harassing a lone poor geard healerfrom one team, while i'm getting railroaded. And not even a dinner or a movie first.

Funny thing about being rude, is majority of the time most rudeness comes from the actions or lack there of and not words.

The way you said "big ol meaty target" gave me an idea...

1 team member is a DK tank. Min/maxed for pure survivability, the other three are gankblades.

Stick together like any other BG group should but NBs all stay cloaked until the tank draws in the enemies.