The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Top-tier PvP'ers griefing inexperienced event questers is just shameful

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know exactly who this is as I heard about him and his usual five friends waiting inside quest houses to gank questers who zone in, before they can even react.

I don't know if he is "top tier" but he is certainly well known to everyone on all 3 alliances in PC/NA Vivec.

If its any consolation, this is all he does in game too. He doesnt seem to care about the campaign etc. He just wants to farm pugs at resources. He and his 5 friends (the cast changes) sit at the resource and 6v1 pugs. Eventually groups come and wipe them out (they are very tanky low damage ). Then they do it somewhere else.

If not enough pugs come to his resource, he sieges the keep, not to capture it but to lure pugs out to 6v1 them.

This is very similar to premages in BGs who wipe out pick up groups. Not everyone finds this a rewarding or interesting way to play, especially against defenseless PvERs who probably have no idea what hit them.

Finally you have to realize there are some really twisted sick people who are playing, just as there are IRL. It can't be surprising to find that sociopaths gravitate to PvP. They will never show any remorse nor empathy, so no use waiting for it. They can only derive gratification from hurting other people or annoying them.

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Killing PVE'rs you come across is whatever. It's a PVP zone. But deliberately sitting outside towns for extended periods of time to ONLY fight PVE'rs repeatedly is griefing - and lame.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    I love events like these because it's the best time ever to get new people into PvP and show them how much fun it can be! The last double AP event I got 30 new players who never liked or had any desire to play PvP into our guild and are now some of the most devoted members! I remember one of them saying that their PvE guild only cared about PvP that week for gear, but after playing with our guild they were crazy obsessed with getting the gear for our builds and running in all our raids 😃!

This event is no different! I got around 15 people from zone the other night that were fairly new to PvP, and already they are joining the Guild and wanting to play with us and learn more!

Perfect time to show PvEers how much fun and epic PvP can be is now. So if you are getting farmed by AP farmers (which they have every right to do since this is a video game, so they should only do what's fun for them), then you should try joining up with a guild in your faction to get your revenge! Who knows.... Maybe you will discover how much fun PvP is 😉.
    Edited by _Crow on April 21, 2019 2:24PM
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »
    It's not really PvP though in the context of the OP. Setting up gank squads to ambush PvE players is nowhere near PvP. I understand Cyrodiil is a PvP zone. It's about the only zone I play in. Maybe trash is the wrong word to use. I apologize. I guess sh***y people would be better. Pushing an objective and killing questers who are in the way is one thing. But seeking them out just to give them a hard time? That's not PvP.

The PvErs don't have to be in a PVP zone all content is optional. Doesn't take much to group up and push a ganking group out either just requires a bit of engagement in PvP content. Think of it like a PvP er needing to go deal with PvErs for monster helms. It's just as frustrating I assure you :p

It’s not been like that though, 5 or 6 people setting up in a quest hall that you have to load into is pretty much impossible to fight against and isn’t PvP it’s just trolling. That’s like me and 2 mates grouping with a PvP player for that helm and kicking him from the group on the last boss.

Use Earthgore ball tactics :D ?
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    Majority of video games as they reach the maturity and decline phases of their life cycle become very competitive. After all the casuals have left to the next flavor of the month, the only people left are the tryhards who really care about the game and enjoy the content. Enjoy theory crafting and knowing all the ins and outs.

ESO has had the complete opposite retention for multiple reasons. Sad thing is if they turned Cyrodil into a PvE seiging simulator the majority of you would prefer that much more.
    Edited by MrSinister213 on April 21, 2019 4:40PM
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • scriptliss
    scriptliss
    Soul Shriven
    you make an excellent point op, and i agree wholeheartedly.
    though a number of us pve players know full-well this is a pvp zone, it would be nice if the pvp players who do this garbage pulled their heads out of their ego cloud stopped to think for a second
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know after reading this post I noticed less gankers and bombers in cyrodiil last night.

PvPers get a bad reputation like hardcore raiders because of how a few of them behave. I think right now you’ll probably have an easier time doing the quests then after the event, most players are decent people.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beeing killed in bruma or crops is to be expected, there are flags, there is respawn, there is PvP
    People running around in gank squads in cheydinhal farming questers is just poor.
    Nobody ever cares about that town, theres nothing to gain outside of the event.
    But squads of grand overlords litteraly going out of their way to farm solos or complete newbies on the back of their horse turning in quests is shameful. Its not as there wouldn't be enough fights at the keeps for pvp/ ganking/ farming.

Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • DestructoKitty
    I take issue with groups of PVPers setting a trap in the quest-giver houses. ZOS should really do something to punish people who engage in this behavior. It is not sporting and is ruining the event for a lot of people. There is no excuse for this behavior. If you engage in it you are just an ***.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, crappy pvpers have to get their AP from somewhere!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I witnessed today on PC EU a 15 man AD team(actual ballgroup with healers, purgebot the whole nine yards) hunting PVE players in Bruma.

Like the op has posted this is the best way to ensure those players never come back to pvp.

Anyone who is pvping in any serious manner knows that you literally get showered in AP in cyro for just about anything you do, so ap farming isnt really the incentive here.

I can understand that it can be funny how easily these players die, but dont be a sweaty nerd and go full on tryhard on people who most likely dont even know what impen is.

I much more enjoy fighting people who are actually good at pvp, wheter i win or lose.

With all that being said, i hope ZoS removes town quests from the event for next year, that way pvpers can get their boxes by actually pvping, i really dont want to do some crappy dungeon in the middle of cyrodiil to kill 3 necros.
    I have the rest of the game for that.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but which are the salty ones? Most of them are nice and normal people who have never written a word on the forums or whispered any PvPer.
    The same is also true of the PVP players there.
    _Crow wrote: »
    I love events like these because it's the best time ever to get new people into PvP and show them how much fun it can be!
    Maybe one day your entire guild will try actual PVP and find out how much fun it can be.

I'm really surprised to see some of the names expressing disgust about this as I've observed some doing the same to random casuals for years. I wonder if they are truly upset about the camping of PVE players or if they are actually upset that their own grinding is being interrupted.

This event depresses me because it exposes how crappy gaming is. It's really disheartening to see so many people spaz out about content they don't enjoy doing because of pathetic loot boxes.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Though my first few days on the Boethiah campaign were uneventful (mostly questers on all sides), today there were 4 AD camped inside a building in Bruma, killing questers as they entered. I came back for those quests later, after they got bored or whatever.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I take issue with groups of PVPers setting a trap in the quest-giver houses. ZOS should really do something to punish people who engage in this behavior. It is not sporting and is ruining the event for a lot of people. There is no excuse for this behavior. If you engage in it you are just an ***.

Agreed, that’s horrible. As an AD no-CP player I apologize. As a suggestion what I would do is tell people in zone chat. Pvpers tend to self police and a guild would probably be willing to come help and defend their faction.

FFA pvp zones were like that in the old days. There were bad apples but they there was player recourse. People who got a bad reputation put themselves in a position where there was no point in logging in because they’d be hated and spawn camped.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    I know exactly who this is as I heard about him and his usual five friends waiting inside quest houses to gank questers who zone in, before they can even react.

I don't know if he is "top tier" but he is certainly well known to everyone on all 3 alliances in PC/NA Vivec.

If its any consolation, this is all he does in game too. He doesnt seem to care about the campaign etc. He just wants to farm pugs at resources. He and his 5 friends (the cast changes) sit at the resource and 6v1 pugs. Eventually groups come and wipe them out (they are very tanky low damage ). Then they do it somewhere else.

If not enough pugs come to his resource, he sieges the keep, not to capture it but to lure pugs out to 6v1 them.

Finally you have to realize there are some really twisted sick people who are playing, just as there are IRL. It can't be surprising to find that sociopaths gravitate to PvP. They will never show any remorse nor empathy, so no use waiting for it. They can only derive gratification from hurting other people or annoying them.

Hahahaha
    Edited by hobicabobjob on April 22, 2019 2:28AM
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toxic pver’s, farmers, and housing people all talk down and belittle pvpers when they try to show interest in those things. You don’t just let the new pvpers into your trials, they have to meet a litany of requirements or dps tests and even then...

And now you knowingly enter the domain that is pvp to farm for items to earn a fake outfit. And you want it handed to you, you want it freely, you don’t want to earn it. You don’t want to learn how to survive, to learn how to pvp. You don’t plan to come back. Your just entering this zone to fee an addiction. Well, just like we pvpers don’t get a free ride in your trials, you’ll not get a free ride in our campaigns where the name of the game is Player vs Player.

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toxic pver’s, farmers, and housing people all talk down and belittle pvpers when they try to show interest in those things. You don’t just let the new pvpers into your trials, they have to meet a litany of requirements or dps tests and even then...

And now you knowingly enter the domain that is pvp to farm for items to earn a fake outfit. And you want it handed to you, you want it freely, you don’t want to earn it. You don’t want to learn how to survive, to learn how to pvp. You don’t plan to come back. Your just entering this zone to fee an addiction. Well, just like we pvpers don’t get a free ride in your trials, you’ll not get a free ride in our campaigns where the name of the game is Player vs Player.

It doesn't come down to learning how to pvp when the people doing this griefing aren't even allowing so much as a fight, some even using siege on people using the door who couldn't move if they want to. Some of those people may have actually been willing to learn pvp and join in full and thinking that some won't come back so therefore all won't is a destructive mentality for pvp as a whole. As for pve trials, generally there everyone has to pull their weight for a carry to accomplish the groups goal, and in pvp those goals are more self-made, and having the goal to farm players who can't fight back is much more toxic than wanting people to do their part in group content.
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

Hahahaha

yeah and he and his friends are doing gods work cleansing the pve'er filth outta cryo. I will gladly help him and his friends farm AP pvp'ers watch-out for each-other man you would understand this if you were a pvp'er
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭

agreed 100% these pve'ers mock us and look down on us and now they understand why pvp'ers hate pve'ers with a passion. also thanks again for 500k more AP you PvE sh*tters
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't have to come to pvp if you don't like it. The rewards from the loot boxes are rubbish most of the time anyway.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of Eso's Pvper's live for this. Easy kills to stroke their fragile egos. You'll find no sympathy from them. None. They are not looking to compete. Just read the comments, I'm not bashing all of Eso's Pvper's btw, just observing what is clearly being written.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    Got to this thread late because I’ve been too busy killing questers for the last few days, but...

Just have to give you credit OP for that great .gif you included in the original post. Based on what you wrote I imagine you as exactly like the nun depicted. Maybe doing 500 or so Hail Marys will help you get over the pain you’ve felt during this week of the event.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sevn or because fighting 15-20 people like old days is fun. It’s not about being better or creating an illusion, but it’s just a different challenge that only comes a couple times a year.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several comments that were baiting or inappropriate for the ESO forums. This is a reminder that comments need to remain constructive and on topic. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    So you go into a pvp, get killed. Gets killed again: PVPERS ARE Grieferz!!!
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    Well, PvPer here and was doing quests with a friend happily at Cropsford, group of players attacked us. Death recap had Relequen and pets.

They can't get enough of quests in Vlas or Bruma, sure, we'll just slaughter you then :innocent:
    Edited by RamiroCruzo on April 22, 2019 3:41PM
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP in this game is different from other imo.
    Your looking at it from a jaded perspective.

1st those towns are objectives that can be ported to. Those towns are launching points for offense. 2nd those towns and keeps on the sides of the map are the home pvp areas for some of your smaller pvp guilds looking to avoid the lag play of the pvp circle keeps. 3rd point PVP is dynamic ever changing always in flux. Join a large PVP guild to get you in PVP. Solo PVP is not for noobs. 4th Cyrodiil is superior then BGs imo because it allows for CP and much more dynamic. BGs do not have near the performance issues however.

I generally hate the large PVP guilds when they run 2 to 3 battle groups in large balls because of the performance issues they produce. Example (Packet Loss Militia) However these guilds are very good for PVP in general at the same time. These guys bring in huge numbers of players to PVP. These raid leaders should be comended for their extreme patience.

After you have got your feet wet try a smaller pvp guild so you can increase your PVP IQ. After you become successful in this setup you will not go back to the larger setup. 3-12 people that play together on a nightly basis, communicate well, is some of the best fun in the game... In this setup you soon start to take on much larger forces and that's extremely rewarding. Sitting down and theory crafting so much fun dueling guildmates with new setups trying to figure out your best playstyle.. I change my setups constantly...

Our small guild is very tight group of guys some of us have gamed with each other for 15 years. We have been pvping in this game since release. Right now we run 2 to 8 people every night. Near expansions we can get up to 10 to 12. Great guys and gals.

So my advice is simple join a pvp guild bring a group to a town do the quests.. If you die then bring more . There is no penalty for death who cares if you die. If you get tea bagged its also a term of endearment for some players.

Edited by Durham on April 22, 2019 4:23PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed more comments and decided to close this thread now that it has derailed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.