The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best method to re-install for returning player (after many years ) ...?

NeeScrolls
NeeScrolls
✭✭✭✭
Greetings all, i am a returning player who started playing wayyyy back in BETA of the game. Before i re-sub (after a couple years break) i just had a few questions please that i didn't exactly see answered within the stickied 'FAQ' thread. And yes, i've already done a search with keyword 'reinstall' , but the threads listed are either out-dated or unrelated to my specific questions.

Anyways, my questions are:

1. Originally i purchased (and still have) the very first Collector's Edition box package, so do i now first re-install off that old DVD ? Or do i have to download the NEW 'Launcher' first and then re-install from the DVD ? Or do i ignore that old DVD alltogether and just download everything from scratch? (all 80+ gigs to download??? yikes! )

2. Depending upon the answer for #1 , is it better to download from the newer Zenimax game-Launcher or from Steam? Or does it not matter?

3. Is there a separate link to get the newer Launcher for 2019? Or does it automatically install itself once you've re-subbed & downloaded?

4. Can everything be re-installed onto the same drive or does the Launcher & other folders have to be on the main /c drive? And if yes to the latter, does anyone know roughly how much hd space just the Launcher & other /c folders take up nowadays?

5. Being that i'm technically a '5 year vet' original member of ESO, are there any promo 'Redeem Codes' that are still valid to enter? (once i re-sub) - Or have they all either expired by now or i just wouldn't be eligible since i wasn't subscribed during those phases of the game?

THANKS very much for your time! My main concern is question #1 , since it would be nice to save some download time and also avoid too many potential install errors cuz of doing something wrong or out-of-order for current 2019 process.

*EDIT: disregard question #2, since i just realized here in the 'Steam FAQ' thread that i'm not eligible for "linking" to Steam for ESO anyway.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeeScrolls

Here are some answers to the questions you have.

1. You can still start the ESO install from your DVD, however you will need to download the ESO Launcher to fully install ESO during the installation process.

2. You can obtain a link for the ESO launcher through your account management page. Instructions for doing so can be found here.

3. The entire ESO install can be installed on the same drive.

4. Some promo codes may still be valid. This will vary on a case by case basis.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @NeeScrolls

Here are some answers to the questions you have.

1. You can still start the ESO install from your DVD, however you will need to download the ESO Launcher to fully install ESO during the installation process.

2. You can obtain a link for the ESO launcher through your account management page. Instructions for doing so can be found here.

3. The entire ESO install can be installed on the same drive.

4. Some promo codes may still be valid. This will vary on a case by case basis.

THANKS so much for the reply & answers!

I ended up just simply doing a full download (from scratch) cuz i've heard it sometimes messes things up if you install first from the old original discs (since the 'Launcher' needs to be the newer current version anyway) .

The total download & install took around 2.5 hours, which wasn't too bad imo.

Great to be BACK playing ESO again yep! --- /tiphat
    Edited by NeeScrolls on April 21, 2019 6:44PM