Maintenance for the week of March 1:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 1, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
Best method to re-install for returning player (after many years ) ...?
Greetings all, i am a returning player who started playing wayyyy back in BETA of the game. Before i re-sub (after a couple years break) i just had a few questions please that i didn't exactly see answered within the stickied 'FAQ' thread. And yes, i've already done a search with keyword 'reinstall' , but the threads listed are either out-dated or unrelated to my specific questions.
Anyways, my questions are:
1. Originally i purchased (and still have) the very first Collector's Edition box package, so do i now first re-install off that old DVD ? Or do i have to download the NEW 'Launcher' first and then re-install from the DVD ? Or do i ignore that old DVD alltogether and just download everything from scratch? (all 80+ gigs to download??? yikes! )
2. Depending upon the answer for #1 , is it better to download from the newer Zenimax game-Launcher or from Steam? Or does it not matter?
3. Is there a separate link to get the newer Launcher for 2019? Or does it automatically install itself once you've re-subbed & downloaded?
4. Can everything be re-installed onto the same drive or does the Launcher & other folders have to be on the main /c drive? And if yes to the latter, does anyone know roughly how much hd space just the Launcher & other /c folders take up nowadays?
5. Being that i'm technically a '5 year vet' original member of ESO, are there any promo 'Redeem Codes' that are still valid to enter? (once i re-sub) - Or have they all either expired by now or i just wouldn't be eligible since i wasn't subscribed during those phases of the game?
THANKS very much for your time! My main concern is question #1 , since it would be nice to save some download time and also avoid too many potential install errors cuz of doing something wrong or out-of-order for current 2019 process.
*EDIT: disregard question #2, since i just realized here in the 'Steam FAQ' thread that i'm not eligible for "linking" to Steam for ESO anyway.