Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Turning the Trees" (Daggerfall Covenant) - bugged, or did they change it somehow?

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I never got as far as this in the beta, due to the previous (sub-)quest bugging out (Bloodthorn Assassins). This quest, as I understand, is supposed to start after leaving the castle when you've killed Verrik and gotten the greatsword from the king, by talking to an NPC standing outside the stairway up to the castle. However, the NPC in question wasn't there when I exited the castle. Is the quest bugging out (again?), or did they somehow change it in the final release?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump.
    You run into a person just outside the burning village which seems to start the same quest chain, so I guess it maybe is meant to be this way?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can definitely start it directly from the village, but I'm sure it's supposed to turn up straight after Bloodthorn Assassins, otherwise the Alliance Story chain is broken. When I get there, if she doesn't appear for me either, I'll /bug it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She hasn't turned up, so this must be a bug. If this happens to anyone else, please remember to /bug it, as without her there, the flow of the Alliance Story is lost. The Alliance Story leads you around the zones, so it's essential to have the signpost quest objectives in place.
    ZOS: please bring back Babineaux Redain soon.
    In the meantime, head to the bridge just northwest of Deleyn's Mill, as the quest can also be started at any time there. Although this is no substitute for the NPC who is supposed to bring you the quest once Daggerfall is complete.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As you say, you can get that quest sequence by going to Deleyn's Mill, but agree it is kinda confusing when she doesn't appear...
    /Bug'ed it
  • Blo0dstorm
    Blo0dstorm
    ✭✭✭
    Still not fixed as of today.....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's apparently "working as intended", but I have put forward the case that it is a bad intention to intentionally break someone's story progression.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just saved the king and she didn't spawn. Although a few days ago I thought she did on our alt characters. Did the patch this week break this again?
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, she was never present at release (April 2014) and hasn't been seen since beta. Considering this breaks the story chain progression, I will always personally consider it a bug, but I think they removed her intentionally. (Why? Who knows.)
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there are any instances where you would speak with Babineaux they are very few. Typically you need to start this quest by speaking with Bernard Redain.

With that understood we will be closing this thread. Part of the confusion in this matter is from referring to an old, outdated thread which is why we typically do not allow for necros of old topics. If you still find that you are having difficulty we would suggest either starting a new thread here or contacting customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.