The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Some QOL improvements for console players.

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I have some suggestions for us console players.

1. Please allow stack crafting, it's really tedious to have to spam the square button hundreds of times to craft potions/poisons/food/glyphs.

2. Rework the buff tracker, it's kinda hard keeping track of the 40 little boxes going on on your screen, like if I use volatile armour just show the volatile armour icon not the volatile armour + major spell resistance + major physical resistance, I already know volatile gives those so it's redundant to show everything. Maybe even give us the choice which ones show.

3. Let us see how much spell or weapon damage we have on screen, would be nice to know when we're all buffed up and no the glowing arms don't really help with all the other stuff going on on your screen.

I realize pc can do all this already with add ons but us console players would like this as well, that was all.
I don't know how to tag a dev so if someone wants to do that for me would be much appreciated, have a good day everyone.
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by devilsTear on March 21, 2019 2:32PM
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Still hoping @ZOS_GinaBruno or someone else on the dev team has seen this ☺️
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll take speed and penetration in the character sheet too
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have suggested adding a skyshard/lorebook finder tool, akin to the add-on that exists on PC, but obviously they won't address that anymore since we have the Crown Store for that now. Yay... not.

Other than that I think stack crafting would only be really useful for alchemy and provisioning, and even then it's really not that bad the way it is, if you have the passives that create 4 items at once. For refining raw materials I don't think it would be useful to add a stack option, since that would interfere with the calculation of the materials you receive that are rng-based (like the upgrade materials and trait stones, etc.).

That being said, I feel like your general idea is right, they should at least try to make the gap between consoles and PC smaller. The PC add-ons, even though not everyone uses them, do add some QoL improvements that we console peasants lack. Would be nice, if they addressed that at some point, if at all possible.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on April 10, 2019 11:51PM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I would have suggested adding a skyshard/lorebook finder tool, akin to the add-on that exists on PC, but obviously they won't address that anymore since we have the Crown Store for that now. Yay... not.

Other than that I think stack crafting would only be really useful for alchemy and provisioning, and even then it's really not that bad the way it is, if you have the passives that create 4 items at once. For refining raw materials I don't think it would be useful to add a stack option, since that would interfere with the calculation of the materials you receive that are rng-based (like the upgrade materials and trait stones, etc.).

That being said, I feel like your general idea is right, they should at least try to make the gap between consoles and PC smaller. The PC add-ons, even though not everyone uses them, do add some QoL improvements that we console peasants lack. Would be nice, if they addressed that at some point, if at all possible.

Believe me stack crafting would be very nice to have, I'm a crafter for 2 guilds and when people want a lot of potions spamming the square button is not fun, if I make potions for myself I make around 1k each time so I'd really love to be able to make a bunch at a time.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before ANY of that.

Fix chat. I do not always want to go into group chat. Ask me. Fix disappearing channels when you swap - this has been going on for TWO YEARS.

Fix the new bug in PvP. Can't look at map when dead. Yes, you can look on the respawn screen bit that doesn't tell you what resources are flipped. Fix it so you can open the actual map and inventory when dead.

Those two are annoying beyond belief. The top one especially. Only way to fix it is to crash client. As soon as you group up one of you will lose the chat when you try to back to guild chat and you have to wait for them to restart. It's a joke.
    Edited by Brrrofski on April 11, 2019 7:57AM
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Before ANY of that.

Fix chat. I do not always want to go into group chat. Ask me. Fix disappearing channels when you swap - this has been going on for TWO YEARS.

Fix the new bug in PvP. Can't look at map when dead. Yes, you can look on the respawn screen bit that doesn't tell you what resources are flipped. Fix it so you can open the actual map and inventory when dead.

Those two are annoying beyond belief. The top one especially. Only way to fix it is to crash client. As soon as you group up one of you will lose the chat when you try to back to guild chat and you have to wait for them to restart. It's a joke.

The cyrodiil bug is gone for me after the loooong maintenance we had this week 😊
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Before ANY of that.

The cyrodiil bug is gone for me after the loooong maintenance we had this week 😊

Is it? I didn't actually PvP last night so will check it out later.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doubt this will happen. They have given little indication this is on the radar, and console certainly isn't a priority.

They did just announce more features for PC though. Exportable group combat logs, which are exciting enough to have an ESO live about it.
    Feels bad.

And yes @Brrrofski the map fix was in the patch notes. :)
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    Doubt this will happen. They have given little indication this is on the radar, and console certainly isn't a priority.

They did just announce more features for PC though. Exportable group combat logs, which are exciting enough to have an ESO live about it.
    Feels bad.

And yes @Brrrofski the map fix was in the patch notes. :)

Alright, awesome!

Just need ZOS to fix the absurd chat system and bug now!
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we also get quick slots for our builds as well? I'm sick of taking 5 minutes out to change my equipment, skills and cp when changing from PvE to PvP. K thanks 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is if we were allowed addons on console then this would be a non-issue.

As we're not then ZOS need to look at some of the addons from PC and make base game versions for console.

S'rendarr would be the buff tracker of choice as it's clear and customisable enough for what we need.

Greyskull is a spell/weapon damage indicator that you can have on screen (i use it on my PTS setup)

Both of these made in to base game versions would be amazing and just what we need on console.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dressing Room.
    Dressing Room and nothing else.

Besides the improved guild trader, the possibility to switch your gear and skills setup in a split of a second is going to improve the QoL massively for everyone.
    Competitive PvE raiders, competitive PvPers, mats farmers, dungeons farmers.

However you play.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • robvs
    robvs
    ✭✭
    Combat Metrics and Dressing Room ... After all those years we still can't track our raid dps on console, come on it can't be that hard to implement.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    @robvs if you talk about the full combat metrics, with all details and stuff, yes it is hard. Well, not hard but really expensive for the hardware at the very least. Lots of math going on.
    If you're talking about just showing a number once the fight has ended like with the skeleton DPS tests, that shouldn't be that hard but if I have to choose between that and Dressing Room? I'd go with the second without even thinking about it.

My EU Preciouses
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Can we also get quick slots for our builds as well? I'm sick of taking 5 minutes out to change my equipment, skills and cp when changing from PvE to PvP. K thanks 👍

Yeah I suggested (and continue to push) for 2-3 built in save slots across platforms for things like gear, CP, morphs, etc, which would be useful to all but especially console people
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I would like is a combat metrics of some sorts. I don't think we will get that lucky any time soon though.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    GIVE US DRESSING ROOM!

My EU Preciouses
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    Dressing Room.
    Dressing Room and nothing else.

Besides the improved guild trader, the possibility to switch your gear and skills setup in a split of a second is going to improve the QoL massively for everyone.
    Competitive PvE raiders, competitive PvPers, mats farmers, dungeons farmers.

However you play.

This.
    robvs wrote: »
    Combat Metrics and Dressing Room ... After all those years we still can't track our raid dps on console, come on it can't be that hard to implement.

It isn’t hard to implement. Neverwinter had Combat Metrics on launch for console.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's hard to put the code in, I think it's a matter of hardware performances.
    Even CMX on PC is recording on a different source all your data and calculating the uptime and such.
    It's another tool that is doing the work, not the actual game.

You make the game also calculate update on PS4 or XBOX? RIP your already low 10FPS in intensive fights, it's gonnna be like 2-3 max if you're lucky.
    I'll be more than happy to just see the simple number like after a skeleton parse. I can compare it to PC parses and easily reverse engineer what I did wrong.

My EU Preciouses