The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Increasing tendency to misunderstand games as real life

Dormiglione
Dormiglione
✭✭
I am increasingly insulted in group chats of specifically the 'dungeon finder', where grinders and other aggressive players do not appreciate a friendly approach to general gameplay, and try to impose their art of warfare to me and other players.

I am not studying all aspects of the game, but I do pick up sometimes new features, if I bump into them. I can understand, that some players are willing only to collect as many skills as they can, but then they should cherry-pick their teams, and not bother those, who play for the game's sake: for fun!

Before today, I have contacted the offending players personally, but it seems not to help. So, now I do report them. However, I feel there should be a button in the chat where to send a warning to offending players, because I am used to solve problems directly when they occur, and I hate to exit dungeons because I must file a report.

And btw, I play only top skilled avatars, which are most appreciated in cherry-picked groups. There is no real reason to call me an idiot or worse.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    some people suck. water is wet. move on.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, take heart that some of these losers will be the first to download their RL brain into a computer or robot . Which of course, then they will be no more.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am increasingly insulted in group chats of specifically the 'dungeon finder', where grinders and other aggressive players do not appreciate a friendly approach to general gameplay, and try to impose their art of warfare to me and other players.

I am not studying all aspects of the game, but I do pick up sometimes new features, if I bump into them. I can understand, that some players are willing only to collect as many skills as they can, but then they should cherry-pick their teams, and not bother those, who play for the game's sake: for fun!

Before today, I have contacted the offending players personally, but it seems not to help. So, now I do report them. However, I feel there should be a button in the chat where to send a warning to offending players, because I am used to solve problems directly when they occur, and I hate to exit dungeons because I must file a report.

And btw, I play only top skilled avatars, which are most appreciated in cherry-picked groups. There is no real reason to call me an idiot or worse.

Not sure a warning button would do anything but further enrage immature, narcissistic, agitated players or encourage those intentionally trolling. I like the concept, but the impact may not be what you intend.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    (...) And btw, I play only top skilled avatars, which are most appreciated in cherry-picked groups. There is no real reason to call me an idiot or worse.

I'd say the same about my chars, but I've never experienced any insults...

Anyways, I know myself as a very competitive and toxic player, but telling your team how bad it is or what their builds should look like is a bigger waste of time than just solo carrying them and moving on. (at least in normals and some vet non dlcs). On the other hand, I like helping unexperienced players who are willing to accept help, since there is so much to know in ESO.
    Edited by Protossyder on April 15, 2019 8:53AM
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your support ... at distance of a few days, I see I had a childish reaction, but of course, insults hurt sometimes more, sometimes less ;)
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Well, take heart that some of these losers will be the first to download their RL brain into a computer or robot . Which of course, then they will be no more.

I'm not a loser, but I'd love to download myself into a robot. when you live with major medical problems a robot would be a nice upgrade.

bc53c4cd0a2980e38fabfabf52d640b4.jpg
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.