The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

is this game worth playing again?

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP’s good. PvE meh, that’s my opinion on the current state of the game.

Here’s my reasoning.

PvP: player matters more than the class, probably moreso in ESO than in any other MMO pvp game I’ve played. There’s still some variance between classes but that’s a good thing. Weapon and guild skill lines have an equalizing effect; the classes that are a bit weaker are more reliant on weapon and guild skills. Good job of catering to multiple pvp preferred play styles.

(I main a magblade - in before someone accuses me of playing an OP class).

PvE: Leveling experience good, dungeon mechanics okay, playerbase with LFG can be poor. It’s too easy to get raid gear, results in unstable raiding guilds where people generally gear up fast and lose interest in the game. PvE guilds tend to have low commradery because you can pug everything you need, making fellow players non-essential. Never felt invested in any of my PvE guilds, compared to other games where I’m still in touch with players years after we stopped playing together. PvE was still fun to play, but not fun enough to stick around for and almost never is, people keep playing for the people so with low commradery you have high turnover. I’m almost max CP so might get interested in score runs or whatever so that might change.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 2, 2019 7:45PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1VX is more viable than ever. That is if your idea of 1VX is running circles around a tower then jumping off to the first floor when your health gets low.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played some bgs today after +6 hiatus. Was fun but I am not sure how long this feeling will last. What i like about eso pvp is ig is easy to acces. No cp pvp is realy good for casual play. No need to grind so much cp + less experienced players.
    Minno wrote: »
    they just need to fix the lag or add a CP BG option. till then the game will suffer for cyro and those players will have no where to go when they want to go to another option.

separate IC was a step in the right direction however. That will be my spillover location during huge lag.

I dont get why people want CP bgs. It has been tried once and failed. It enables tanks and healers. When they are better, everyone use them. Then no one dies.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like nerfs, then yes, this game is worth playing again.
    If you like necromancers, then this game definitely worth playing.
    Their nerfing older classes, except warden, I wonder why, so that necromancer would be bleeping op, you will have to buy it.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    Seems like it died long ago, and my class got absolutely destroyed after already being the most persecuted class in game, so that's why it was enough for me. im kinda hoping the necromancer is stupid op to bring this game back alive in pvp terms

It won’t matter unless they also fix the servers/lag as well.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is definitely worth playing still
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to 1vX is based on the assumption that the "x" players are bad or that a skill(s) are broken and unbalanced. I believe that the skills are more balanced now than they have probably been at any other time. So, can you 1vX? Yes, against players that have less skill than you. A 1v2 where all three players are of equal skill, the one will lose the majority of the time. There are very few players who have the skill to 1vX players that are similar in skill, and that is the way it should be. By not being able to have every third player be able to 1vX is actually a sign the game is healthy. Don't assume that because you've played the game for a year (or more) you should be entitled to 1vX.

Now, other's have mentioned about lag, and Vivec is pretty infamous for that, but I've found most of the other campaigns are mostly lag free. Not sure about BG, haven't been there in a while.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Desert Online is the new PvP MMO. May as well go hang there.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Now, other's have mentioned about lag, and Vivec is pretty infamous for that, but I've found most of the other campaigns are mostly lag free. Not sure about BG, haven't been there in a while.

I agree completely, but there’s still lag when a ball group approaches. The lag spike is like your spidey sense going off telling you they’re close, even in no CP pvp which I play.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is absolute garbage the way it is right now, it was the only thing that was keeping me to play ESO.
    Next time ill log onto ESO will probably be for elsweyr PTS.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems the game is still not worth playing lol
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    Have you logged on to find out or just taken the posts in this thread?

If you have logged in and had a look then fair enough, if you've just taken the posts in this thread, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!