The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Current Re-Shade Addon?

Casowen
Casowen
✭✭✭
Having messed around with these I find they look great, but one update to the game and it usually breaks the addon and the rest of the game itself, and uninstalling the reshade is far more a hassle then just reinstalling ESO. So can anyone recommend me a good reshade addon that hopefully is immune to this?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly can't remember the last time Reshade stopped working for ESO.

Also, uninstalling Reshade is a simple as deleting 3 files in your client folder. It's about 1000 times faster and less of a hassle than a full reinstall of ESO.

This is what I use.

https://reshade.me/

• Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

That was the one I used, and it was very glitchy for me and when eso got an update, the whole game wouldnt work. Might try it again, and I really dont know why ZME wont just natively use it.
    Edited by Casowen on February 17, 2019 8:41PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casowen wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »

That was the one I used, and it was very glitchy for me and when eso got an update, the whole game wouldnt work. Might try it again, and I really dont know why ZME wont just natively use it.

I also use this reshade and have never had issues with the game. I do disable the depth of field and Gaussian blur options as I do not like the way it messes with the UI and the blur softens things too much for my taste. The rest is very nice though.
  • Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been using Uber Fidelity Suite II after trying out a few and just can't play without reshade. It gets things darker and more vibrant.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/75
    When I disable reshade it becames very light and bland, I just can't imagine people playing with the default values.
    No issues whatsover.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible than you post few screen on your "reshade" game ? I'm pretty curious to see how it look since I play w/o it.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    Is it possible than you post few screen on your "reshade" game ? I'm pretty curious to see how it look since I play w/o it.

s7z9pbk3vt2z.png
    rj5obc4sz1d0.png

48f4skcslw6l.png
    ihsjf0a9elsl.png

here you go
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    Look a bit to shiny for me.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]

• Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    Thank you.
    Look a bit to shiny for me.

I did tone that down, the bloom was too much at sumerset. Looks almost realistic now. I think I have the perfect balance for everytime of day, to which case, night was to dark, and days where too shiny as you said.

7zessu7bducf.png

pjxzsykd9aas.png
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup much better.
    Maybe I'll try something like this.
    Atm I'm a bit annoyed since I play Templar cuz skill are just to shiny and it make harder to see target animation, a bit boring.
    (No shader atm)
    So if I can darker the skill a bit with that it would be nice.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]

• Hellkitten
    Hellkitten
    ✭✭
    I use the Neat Perfection ReShade as well. It's been the best one I've found. I just disabled the Blur and Sharpen effects and left it default which I prefer. I'm running it with ReShade 3.0.8 and I've had no issues at all.
    "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"
    me: "No, but I did scrape my knees when I crawled up from hell." *purrz*

Aquarians are half "I'll do anything in the world for you" and half "Once you cross me, there's no turning back".
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    The greatness of a nation & it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. F****** act like it.
  • Hellkitten
    Hellkitten
    ✭✭
    Oh, here are some screenshots. I meant to include them in my first post.

11dwbmtffcuh.png
    kebbcbya5p2m.png
    1rav9qxshi4y.png
    rlve6nqoaykv.png
    "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"
    me: "No, but I did scrape my knees when I crawled up from hell." *purrz*

Aquarians are half "I'll do anything in the world for you" and half "Once you cross me, there's no turning back".
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    The greatness of a nation & it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. F****** act like it.
  • alonsotherion
    alonsotherion
    Soul Shriven
    I've tried Neat perfection, but it causes my game to crash... I'm using SweeFX Heroic... how do I change options?