The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

when is the next patch (magblade rly needs a helping hand)

• MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Thats how i feel about magsorc, so i made a stamsorc and im really enjoying it. And stam counterparts are just so much easier to play in pvp (i solo for the most part) then trying to solo with my magsorc. I think we have to wait until june then we'll see whats coming.

Dude, a properly built magsorc is a god.

It is nowhere near the same place as magblade.

Can you please tell me the game you are playing?
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MirkoZ wrote: »
    Thats how i feel about magsorc, so i made a stamsorc and im really enjoying it. And stam counterparts are just so much easier to play in pvp (i solo for the most part) then trying to solo with my magsorc. I think we have to wait until june then we'll see whats coming.

ESO. Magsorcs are OP right now.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    any information on when there will be a new balancing patch. rly sickens me that stamblade doesnt have the disadvantages and is pretty much better in anything compared to magblade. we dont have that big of a burst and our dmg is easily mitigated by swordboard and especialy those annoying dk reflects. there is rly no point playing magblade in pvp currently. i feel tempted to just focus on my dk or stamsorc even tho i rly love my main.

Why does it sickens you? You should want magblade to be strong as stamnb, not the other way round (granted that you actually care about magnb).

This is a nerf stamnb post in disguise trollface

im just jealous of stamina users overall since they are not affected by dk wings or swordboard and other skills that can mitigate magblade skills its annoying
    Iskiab wrote: »

pet sorcs yes very little skill needed for very big inpact on the battle. can have like up to 3 pets atleast with monsterset - thats the most i saw till now (idk if there is a set out there that gives u another pet). u wont be able to target them consistent while they have a stupidly high dmg with big shields.

i wouldnt call it OP but they sure are not in such a bad spot.
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam version are all much easier to play. Major sorcery buff in horrible to get by entropy spam or from bottles.
    Options
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re good but still not even close to the level of wardens.
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ya mnb and non pet msorc need some <3's
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out Pelican ESO on youtube and you'll soon find out
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah nerf to path and dks reflecting all my abilities were the nail in the coffee for pvp for me. Don't feel any other class atm hoping Necro is able to become my new main.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried melee and they have it a lot tougher than you think. Main issue is lack of self healing (unless you’re a stam warden) in an area with lots of aoes.

I’ve been trying a hybrid healer and dps in BGs recently with mixed results. Putting both types of abilities means you sacrifice escape tools. This means you’ll get smoked with a weak team but do well in a strong one:

Ice/resto

Crippling - blockade - impale - swallow - mage light - ult: x
    Healthy Offering - Rapid regen - Ward Ally - double take - disguise - ult: Soul Siphon

I went with the iceheart monster because I had it handy, but skoria or something else would probably be better.

Think I’m going to try a 2 handed sword with forward momentum as a melee healer. I need to level up 2 hander to try it:

Lotus fan - forward momentum - impale - concealed weapon - disguise - ult: 2 hander one where it refunds the cost if you one shot the person
    Healthy Offering - Rapid regen - Ward ally - Refreshing Path - double take/pbaoe fear - ult - Soul Siphon
    Edited by Iskiab on March 26, 2019 5:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

Do you know that a youtuber will never upload clips in which he is not winning ?
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

However I can agree that pet sorcs are very good now
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Iskiab
    It’s absolutely necessary for melee magblade to use troll king (non-vamp) & stand in refreshing path like “its YOUR HOUSE”

#MagbladeIStheNewTemplar
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @Iskiab
    It’s absolutely necessary for melee magblade to use troll king (non-vamp) & stand in refreshing path like “its YOUR HOUSE”

#MagbladeIStheNewTemplar

K, with the small size of refreshing path it’s more like ‘it’s your closet’!
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some suggestions:

Swallow Soul
    Either reduce the cost of swallow soul or make it non-reflectable. There's no reason for it to do pitiful damage, bad healing and cost so much. My light attacks hit harder than this skill.

Refreshing Path
    Upon activation remove any snares or immobilizations, and gain immunity from them for 4 seconds. Magblade has a serious mobility problem. Other than some movement speed from path and double take, which barely anybody slots because they just aren't worth it, they have nothing to get themselves out of snares/roots. Snares dominate Cyrodiil, and movement speed is king, and we've got nothing to handle it.

Dark Cloak
    Increase the base HP value to 38%. I run around 28k max health on my Magblade, so that's still only a 10,640 heal over 3 seconds. In Cyrodiil that's 5320. Most other magblades won't have that amount of health, so increasing the HP tooltip isn't going to do much in reality, but it's something at least. You're giving up invisibility after all. Why not reward them for not playing like chickens?

Concealed Weapon
    Simply make this undodgeable again. That was the only reason worth running it, now it's not even worth slotting for the extra movement speed.

That's all really. NB is a pretty well designed class, so there's not much to complain about. Though the magicka counterpart is still falling behind slightly.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, dark cloak sucks. The only people I’ve seen run it successfully are NB tanks with 50k+ health.

I don’t think the hps needs to go up, just the duration. Maybe instead make it 80% over 8 seconds or 50% over 5, that would improve it a lot.

As a warden or Templar I can heal the same amount immediately with one ability if I’m in a dps or healing spec. It’s just not a good skill atm. NB has been balanced around disguise too much, and is too weak in other areas to make it worthwhile.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 27, 2019 4:51PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, dark cloak sucks. The only people I’ve seen run it successfully are NB tanks with 50k+ health.

I don’t think the hps needs to go up, just the duration. Maybe instead make it 80% over 8 seconds or 50% over 5, that would improve it a lot.

As a warden or Templar I can heal the same amount immediately with one ability if I’m in a dps or healing spec. It’s just not a good skill atm. NB has been balanced around disguise too much, and is too weak in other areas to make it worthwhile.

You forgot the sloads knightslayers TK nbs. healing based on max health was a stupid concept.
    as for a nb using it well (without being a total cheese build), look up @Dark_Shady (I think that's him on the forums???) TheeDarkShady on twitch.
    Options
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul harvest+Cloak+Concealed weapon=caluudron proc + light attack+impale = RIP

Repeat
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

Repeat

In what lagged out server do you think you’re getting that proc set combo off?
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat

Sure because ur laggy your whole life. I dont know how you but i have lags only when big blob comes which isnt that often (sotha EU pc)

And on gank build you tend to stay away from zergs so...
    My brother runs this build and if its done properly he can rekt you even before you see hes damaging you
    Edited by Anyron on April 4, 2019 5:50PM
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat

Sure because ur laggy your whole life. I dont know how you but i have lags only when big blob comes which isnt that often (sotha EU pc)

And on gank build you tend to stay away from zergs so...
    My brother runs this build and if its done properly he can rekt you even before you see hes damaging you

I wouldn’t say my whole life just after the first year of launch; if you were around back then, you might know this. Mr. “I joined in 2016, 2 years after launch”.
    You don’t know how great it was PVP’ing with thousands of people & ZERO lag.

BTW tell your big brother “come at me; PC NA”
    Edited by kaithuzar on April 4, 2019 11:09PM
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just because you need 20 people to kill anything it doesnt mean magsorc is bad.
    zergsurf more :)
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Repeat

Have you actually used impale in PvP? It’s awful. It’s clunky and has an extra delay in it for “reasons”. Low threshold. Dodgable Cloakable Blockable. Cost more now.

As a 5 Star MNB I can honestly say it’s terrible. I’ve never had it on my bar more than 1 hour.

I’ll even make a whole build around it. But in the end all I see is “miss miss dodge dodge * * target out of range”

But if they do anything about it it’ll break pve
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Repeat

Have you actually used impale in PvP? It’s awful. It’s clunky and has an extra delay in it for “reasons”. Low threshold. Dodgable Cloakable Blockable. Cost more now.

As a 5 Star MNB I can honestly say it’s terrible. I’ve never had it on my bar more than 1 hour.

I’ll even make a whole build around it. But in the end all I see is “miss miss dodge dodge * * target out of range”

But if they do anything about it it’ll break pve

I somewhat agree. When I played as a magblade dps I didn’t use it because of bar space crunch. As a magblade healer it’s awesome for kill stealing in death matches.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly nightblades are getting nerfed, they lose the minor berserk from relentless focus.
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they said they were changing cloak

It now let's a cloud of smoke out of your rear with a white flag coming out
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think losing cloak would be really rough, I don’t see how they could do that without a complete class redesign. NBs just don’t have the tankiness other classes do and have to rely on cloak for survivability. Get rid of cloak and they’d have to redo all NB passives.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol most the population cannot play NB without cloak. Class would have to be completely overhauled to have the needed defense.

Currently, the dark cloak morph is still a pretty laughable heal. Shoulda just changed it to a “blood magic” shield or something along those lines. Right now it’s “how to get zergbagged 101”

Also, the only buff that would come from removing cloak would be less bags when you die.
    Options
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Currently, the dark cloak morph is still a pretty laughable heal. Shoulda just changed it to a “blood magic” shield or something along those lines.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    To be honest, that would be so amazing: getting actual damage shield as a class skill for magicka Nightblades would be GIANT quality of life improvement.

And why is that so?
    When at Murkmire shield scaling changed, so many mag NBs had only LA shield as a working proper damage shield, which is still in decent use. However it's not often enough:
    So many NBs are relying on cloack and almost having trigger finger on cloack - button. But in my opinion it shouldn't be that way.
    Situation didn't get better, when healing ward lost the burst heal and these days if we want to use healing ward reliable way and force the heal out of it, we have to cloack and while we do so, our enemies can focus on restoring their own resources and health without many worries. That causes undesired reset in the battle, if enemy do not manage to get NB out of cloack with counter skills or detection potions.

Also healing ward is far away from reliable:
    At moments when we really need it, sometimes the ward goes to ally which happens to be near and this causes unnecessary deaths.
    Some could argue that "use the other morph instead, get guaranteed shield for yourself and fill up your HP bar with healing skills." Sure, that's what I have to do even now with healing ward anyways, no matter which morph I use.
    But what's the point, when even with decent resistance values my sweet little shield can be teared down so quick?
    Even if I try to cover healing ward with dampen magicka shield, they often will not last long. Under heavy pressure both will vanish very fast.

And here comes in the actual suggestion, which would be QOL - improvement for mag blades:
    Getting actual damage shield, which we could slot as a class skill. "Blood shield" could be scaling similar way as dampen magicka shield does, based on max magicka and HP value. With this damage shield magicka NB could have better defenses to support playstyle which is based on fighting outside the cloack.

And what comes with the potential skill which could be redesigned to function as a shield, I'm not sure would Dark Cloack be proper candidate for it. I was first thinking about "Double Take" morph of Blur, which is not as popular as the other morph "Mirage" is. However in order to still avoid cutting build variety and limit even more, I think it would be alright to move Major Expedition to Mirage Moprh and re-design Double Take to function as a blood shield. (Of course renaming the skill properly would be required.)
    By that way we wouldn't be nerfing PVE in order to make mag Blade's PVP experience more tolerable. Also those builds which are using Double Take could pick up Mirage instead and none of existing builds would see a nerf.
    Also it would give a choice for mag blades to decide: Do they want to use Mirage and get Minor Resolve/Minor ward or would they rather pick up Blood Shield instead. :)
    Edited by Fiktius on April 7, 2019 4:14PM
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only issue is major evasion is a big bonus for being a NB. From a healer’s perspective you’re making the class even more damage oriented instead of being able to fill multiple roles.

Minor resolve - combat prayer
    Minor maim - mass hysteria
    Expedition/evasion - double take

I can see tanks wanting minor maim on the bow guy... I guess. Is the desire to tank dungeons without a healer so maim is required? Otherwise who cares about maim, it’s pretty useless with a tank’s mitigation.

Short term expedition buffs are good. If Refreshing path is meant to be the NB utility ability it’d be the one to go, rather have something else that works. I’d rather have a good utility ability then an ability that conceptually is good but functionally is garbage. If you cast refreshing path and run in a straight line you get about 2 seconds of expedition.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 7, 2019 5:01PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only magblade that hates shields?
    They make me feel like I’m playing a bad sorc. I don’t mind others using them, but it’s too easy to deal with. CC then burst, it’s not like we have our shade/pet healing us while we are CC’d.

For magblade if shield falls, you die.
    For sorc, if shield falls you still have a chance.
    Cloak won’t get you away from that last aoe which might kill you, streak will.
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options