The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

when is the next patch (magblade rly needs a helping hand)

• Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Am I the only magblade that hates shields?
    They make me feel like I’m playing a bad sorc. I don’t mind others using them, but it’s too easy to deal with. CC then burst, it’s not like we have our shade/pet healing us while we are CC’d.

For magblade if shield falls, you die.
    For sorc, if shield falls you still have a chance.
    Cloak won’t get you away from that last aoe which might kill you, streak will.

Until two patches ago I could play my magblade efficiently with just healing ward and passive healing. No shields required, no stupid cloak required. Now my playstyle is dead, shield stacking as a non-sorc sucks and cloak spamm is the shittiest playstyle I've ever played. Ironically, every time I see another NB with cloak I tryhard them like a maniac since this is such a frustrating style to play against >.<
    Options
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile my own playstyle still is working fine as "barely cloacking" ranged mag blade.

I'm aware how many counters cloack has in this game, so I theorycrafted a build for myself, which can remain visible during entire fight if necessary. This playstyle gives me better opportunities to remain on attack mode and pressure my opponent.
    If I start receiving too many hits, I put my shields in between me and my opponent for short amount which they last and I use that as time window to re-position with shade, just in order to start pressuring my opponent again. There having actual class shield would be highly welcomed among dampen magicka shield due healing ward got multiple issues. (Which I did already explain at previous post here.)

Tho I do have Shadowy disguise slotted. My cloack usage is very situational:
    Even tho I prefer fighting visible, I do have cloack slotted for mostly travelling. I love the freedom which cloack provides.
    For example with cloack I have better possibility to avoid becoming free AP for zergs and I can try to get away with cloack.

However what comes with potential skill which could be reworked to function as a damage shield, I understand that my previous suggestion may put mag blades in tricky situation in this current meta where all resistances are adding up to resistances of damage shield and therefor minor & major ward stacking would be ideal and that would not happen if Double Take - morph of Blur would be reworked to function as a shield. (Unless mag blades gets the ward elsewhere.)

However since developers already mentioned that they're going to look at class skills which provides several same effects, I wanted to bring this damage shield discussion up. Perhaps developers could pick up unpopular skill from Nightblade tool kit and re-design a damage shield for Nightblades. If anything, it would open more space for build variety.
    Those who wants to rely on cloack could still do so and those who wants to remain most of the time visible in combat, they could have proper class shield for use. :)
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They make me feel like I’m playing a bad sorc. I don’t mind others using them, but it’s too easy to deal with. CC then burst, it’s not like we have our shade/pet healing us while we are CC’d.

Shield’s effectiveness depends on your gear. They’re like temporary hps. If you have low resistances then they’re useless because you’re going to die in 2 GCDs regardless. The higher your resistances the stronger shields are.

That’s why sorcs are wearing armour master these days. Shields inherit your resistances. If a player is at 50% resistances for example, they’ll double the shield’s effectiveness because it takes twice the damage to remove them. Think of it like how it’s pointless to buff your health high and sacrifice resistances.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 8, 2019 5:16PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I typically only Slot healing ward for shields. I’ve tried Black Rose resto with blessing as a burst heal. Healing ward>cloak>blessing for a potential crit+major Vitality heal. Feels clunky but semi effective.

Rapid Regen still might be my preferred choice tho.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the suggestions.
    I do know how shields work & I was one of the first people touting double bar dampen with armor master, but I just hate the playstyle of keeping them up to be effective/safe.

I’ve got something I want to try just don’t have the gold for it yet & trying to keep things under wraps until I can obtain & test, but maybe the PTS will be out by then lol
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »
    Soul harvest+Cloak+Concealed weapon=caluudron proc + light attack+impale = RIP

Repeat

Have you actually used impale in PvP? It’s awful. It’s clunky and has an extra delay in it for “reasons”. Low threshold. Dodgable Cloakable Blockable. Cost more now.

As a 5 Star MNB I can honestly say it’s terrible. I’ve never had it on my bar more than 1 hour.

I’ll even make a whole build around it. But in the end all I see is “miss miss dodge dodge * * target out of range”

But if they do anything about it it’ll break pve

I dont play magblade much but isnt impale animation cancelable? For some buggy reason it gets no delay when you cancel backswing animation after casting it.

Edit: grammer fix
    Edited by Luckylancer on April 9, 2019 1:36PM
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the LA shield on my melee bar, its one of those situationally very useful spells. It mitigates about 4500 damage which is not great considering its cost, but it occasionally really saves my behind. Slotting it makes me often think about more useful skills I could use, not slotting it always leads to me regretting I don’t have it.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Repeat

Have you actually used impale in PvP? It’s awful. It’s clunky and has an extra delay in it for “reasons”. Low threshold. Dodgable Cloakable Blockable. Cost more now.

As a 5 Star MNB I can honestly say it’s terrible. I’ve never had it on my bar more than 1 hour.

I’ll even make a whole build around it. But in the end all I see is “miss miss dodge dodge * * target out of range”

I dont play magblade much but isnt impale animation cancelable? For some buggy reason it gets no delay when you cancel backswing animation after casting it.

No idea, I focus on other things so don’t try to animation cancel.

Impale is strong but most magblades don’t use it. You need those skill slots for utility or damage, and feel like without those other abilities you can’t get someone to execute range to use it.

I love it as a magblade healer. Didn’t use it as a NB dps.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Repeat

Impale is strong but most magblades don’t use it. You need those skill slots for utility or damage, and feel like without those other abilities you can’t get someone to execute range to use it.

You can ani cancel it but it’s still pretty slow. I’ve tried many times adding it to the bar only to be removing it within 15 minutes lol.

When the minor berserk nerf news dropped, I tried dropping merciless for it... nope. Yea nope.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully support the idea of giving magblade but ONLY magblade somekind of snare removal & immunity how? There are few ideas.

1. Give it to the merciless resolve.
    2. Give it to both path morphs.
    3. Give it to double take but only per piece of LA equipped (like shuffle with medium)

When it goes to damage. Merciless needs slight projectile speed buff or needs to be converted into something similar to curse but requires 4/5 LA to proc.

Thats all magblade needs to stay competetive. It is a class that was designed to be elusive and bursty but somehow it ended as a cloak spaming halfsorc with gutted burst and almost defensless when snared. Without snare removal and immunity this class will stay as dead as it is.

Edit:
    @ZOS_RichLambert I know you don't reply in forums in general but I also know you read the stuff we post here, please don't kill magblades because of stamblades. Give us something we can hold on.
    Edited by Mayrael on April 9, 2019 9:11PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Repeat

You can ani cancel it but it’s still pretty slow. I’ve tried many times adding it to the bar only to be removing it within 15 minutes lol.

When the minor berserk nerf news dropped, I tried dropping merciless for it... nope. Yea nope.

The difficult part about it is it’s only under 25% health and health bars jump around a lot. If it lands it’s a kill, so good for kill stealing.

I think I’ve only seen shield stacking sorcs survive it, took two.

As a healer with *** pen I think I saw it hitting for 2.2k today, so that means 8k if below 25% health... I can’t remember the execute multiplier.

It’s worse then other executes just because of the %health condition (I’d rather have the Templar one) but you have to work with what you’re given.

If you look at pve parses for magblade impale is #2 ability in damage. Magblade has been balance around a strong impale for damage, which is why the normal abilities feel like they hit like a wet noodle.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 9, 2019 9:17PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat

The difficult part about it is it’s only under 25% health and health bars jump around a lot. If it lands it’s a kill, so good for kill stealing.

As a healer with *** pen I think I saw it hitting for 2.2k today, so that means 8k if below 25% health... I can’t remember the execute multiplier.

It’s worse then other executes just because of the %health condition (I’d rather have the Templar one) but you have to work with what you’re given.

If you look at pve parses for magblade impale is #2 ability in damage. Magblade has been balance around a strong impale for damage, which is why the normal abilities feel like they hit like a wet noodle.

Yea the Pve side of magblade and the over tuned PVP Stam Blade make for buffing pvp magblade rather difficult.

Hopes and prayers... hopes and prayers
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Repeat

Yea the Pve side of magblade and the over tuned PVP Stam Blade make for buffing pvp magblade rather difficult.

Yup, and since most pve trials have extra mechanics at low health they’ll scream their head off if impale is touched. I wouldn’t blame them.

Crippling bypassing reflections, plus melee magblade love is all that’s needed imo.

I think magblade being a range/melee hybrid class would be amazing. It’s just that for melee to work light attacks need to scale from mag/sp, better self healing and a self cleanse/snare immunity would be required. These are the things PvEers don’t care about, plus magblade is popular for ranged not melee.

I’d love to be daggers/destro staff or daggers/resto. I’d be a lot of fun. So if a DK hits wings then close into melee.

Instantly be a popular class. Let’s face it, daggers are cooler then staves.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 9, 2019 9:59PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat

Yup, and since most pve trials have extra mechanics at low health they’ll scream their head off if impale is touched. I wouldn’t blame them.

Crippling bypassing reflections, plus melee magblade love is all that’s needed imo.

I think magblade being a range/melee hybrid class would be amazing. It’s just that for melee to work light attacks need to scale from mag/sp, better self healing and a self cleanse/snare immunity would be required. These are the things PvEers don’t care about, plus magblade is popular for ranged not melee.

I’d love to be daggers/destro staff or daggers/resto. I’d be a lot of fun. So if a DK hits wings then close into melee.

I basically play at melee range with a staff anyways. Without a nonclass ult, it’s impossible not to.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Repeat

I basically play at melee range with a staff anyways. Without a nonclass ult, it’s impossible not to.

Yea, but your light attacks can be reflected since they’re a projectile.

I’ve always wondered, when light attacks are reflected do you still get the magicka and heal from Siphoning strikes? I haven’t noticed.

Most players use 2 hander for forward momentum, but the light attack damage scales with stamina/weapon damage and magicka abilities have been balanced assuming you have the pen from destruction staves.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 9, 2019 10:46PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat

Yea, but your light attacks can be reflected since they’re a projectile.

I’ve always wondered, when light attacks are reflected do you still get the magicka and heal from Siphoning strikes? I haven’t noticed.

Most players use 2 hander for forward momentum, but the light attack damage scales with stamina/weapon damage and magicka abilities have been balanced assuming you have the pen from destruction staves.

Pretty sure syphoning doesn’t proc, merciless doesn’t proc....

It’s great.

“Slot 2H” might as well be the new counter DKs start saying.
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat

In what lagged out server do you think you’re getting that proc set combo off?

Sure because ur laggy your whole life. I dont know how you but i have lags only when big blob comes which isnt that often (sotha EU pc)

And on gank build you tend to stay away from zergs so...
    My brother runs this build and if its done properly he can rekt you even before you see hes damaging you

Before the anti bot system was implemented, the game was much more stable and lively in pvp.

Also aren't you under the age gate for the game? ;)

"Probably cuz you so laggy"
    "My brother can rekt you"

Your way of writing suggests so.
    Edited by SirMewser on April 15, 2019 4:18AM
    Options