The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rude behaviour in BG’s

LordTareq
LordTareq
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I was in a battleground with a PUG facing 2 very strong high MMR teams, I think both were premades but at least one certainly was, using the permafrost cheese. Thankfully our pug consisted of competent players and an excellent warden healer, so we actually managed to finish second, only 10 points below the premade. It was one of those matches that time out before the max score is reached.
Anyway as a melee magblade with 1 AOE on my backbar and a stamblade (other player) staying in an AOE ball isn’t really optimal, but we all tried our best. Me and the stamblade player ended up with both 6 or 7 kills and as many deaths, healer bit less, and the final player had 13 kills.
So at the end this 13 kill player with an east-ruropean/russian name suddenly started ranting how we all sucked, should be ashamed of ourselves and how he had single handedly carried the team. Straight to the ignore list, but it did make me wonder if other people see that kind of behaviour often in BG’s?
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloaking NBs in a group activity? yaaaah, I get the guy.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see it very often on PC-NA, on either character that I've played lately (one with very high MMR, and the other significantly lower).
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »

If you ever played high MMR matches with ball groups rather than posting toxic anti-NB comments, you'd know there isn't much cloaking involved in such matches.

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, all the time. There’s an especially toxic player on PS4 NA who goes out of his way to teabag me and whisper me every match, just ‘cause I called him out on his trashy behaviour one day. Also calls me “peasant weaver” if we’re on the same team, despite the fact that I almost always have a higher score than he does. I’ve long since moved on, but the guy persists in bagging me every chance he gets — even when an opposing team kills me. I just laugh now, because it’s obvious that I triggered him WAY more than he triggered me that one day. :D
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

If you ever played high MMR matches with ball groups rather than posting toxic anti-NB comments, you'd know there isn't much cloaking involved in such matches.

bet you still had it slotted, tho

:trollface:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MMOs don’t attract the best adjusted people, pvp and hardcore gamers even moreso. Some tea bagging is fine imo, harassment isn’t.

Just shrug it off. I actually get a kick out of getting people bent out of shape over silly things, that’s why I like NB. I wouldn’t say I troll unless I say in zone chat ‘WoW is the first and best MMO of all time’ just to see chat explode.

Don’t take it personally, it’s a perspective thing. If that guy was doing that to me I’d have a lot of fun with it. You have an opportunity for hours of entertainment with that guy.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was probably just annoyed with having 2 nightblades on his team.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    and how he had single handedly carried the team straight to the ignore list.

Yep he carried the entire team to his ignore list.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, those nightblades that come into a group activity and then go off and do solo with cloak. I really don't like nightblades on my team. With high skilled BG games you need all four to be together and soak up the damage together. So I get him.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

This, those nightblades that come into a group activity and then go off and do solo with cloak. I really don't like nightblades on my team. With high skilled BG games you need all four to be together and soak up the damage together. So I get him.

It's kind of expected. With access to cloak and high single target damage they aren't exactly made for group play.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

It's kind of expected. With access to cloak and high single target damage they aren't exactly made for group play.

I understand that but what it does to the rest of the team they are standing with 1 or 2 less people against a full team, its a lose everytime. And yes a very good nightblade can get a good score itself but the rest of the team are fighting a losing batlle. Its really annoying.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you know how it feels to be the only one visible person in your team? i dont blame him.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I give people crap all the time for playing nightblades in bgs. They seriously don't belong there, you're ruining the game for other people. If you're a nightblade in a bg and you're not a healer, then i don't want you. That simple, really.

You would have won that game if you were not a nightblade. Just saying.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    do you know how it feels to be the only one visible person in your team? i dont blame him.
    Great question honestly, I'll say, no for them, since they sidestepped your question.

I've been in a few were there's 3 stamblades, and me. Big ol meaty target. The nbs off harassing a lone poor geard healerfrom one team, while i'm getting railroaded. And not even a dinner or a movie first.

Funny thing about being rude, is majority of the time most rudeness comes from the actions or lack there of and not words.
    Edited by StormeReigns on April 1, 2019 8:49PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I give people crap all the time for playing nightblades in bgs. They seriously don't belong there, you're ruining the game for other people. If you're a nightblade in a bg and you're not a healer, then i don't want you. That simple, really.

You would have won that game if you were not a nightblade. Just saying.

Not all nighblades use shadowy disguise. Some use the other morph to make themselves be extremely tanky.

The real issue here is that we have no choice of our characters. Every single pvp game has a character selection screen. Here you just queue with whatever you get and if you are lucky, then you will have a team that synergizes with you.

If we had an option to choose a build at the beginning of a match and see what others have chosen, then we would have some control over team composition. This would also solve the issue of pve or illequiped players.
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    MMOs don’t attract the best adjusted people, pvp and hardcore gamers even moreso. Some tea bagging is fine imo, harassment isn’t.

Just shrug it off. I actually get a kick out of getting people bent out of shape over silly things, that’s why I like NB. I wouldn’t say I troll unless I say in zone chat ‘WoW is the first and best MMO of all time’ just to see chat explode.

Don’t take it personally, it’s a perspective thing. If that guy was doing that to me I’d have a lot of fun with it. You have an opportunity for hours of entertainment with that guy.

Nah, teabagging is for children. I've met tons of awesome people in my years and years of pvping in all sorts of games. The harrasers and teabaggers are just sore losers acting like little babies. People who actually like fighting arent interested in an easy opponent and just move on to find their next challenge.
    Edited by Gretzel on April 2, 2019 1:23PM
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online games have this.

I've found that no matter the starting point of the individual that there is a strong correlation between age and toxicity. Online games have a strong variety of people and as such you will encounter some very toxic individuals.

One thing to note however is just because someone is behaving toxically, does not mean they are a toxic person always. Their reaction could be symptomatic of deeper issues, or could be simply that they have more emotional and personal investment into the game than you.

The best thing is to try not to engage them in their rage. If they are a guildie or a personal friend then you can try to speak to them at a time when they are not enraged and let them know how offputting their behavior is. Sometimes they will not realize they are behaving that way, and sometimes they just need time to work their stuff out.

I can say from personal experience having been on both sides of this issue that sometimes things you say in the heat of argument can cause emotional trauma that becomes more than someone else can bear. They may forgive you but still not wish to play with you in the future, for fear of returning to that place.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades do not belong in those matches. It is a selfish playstyle that only lends itself effectively to solo play.

You said it yourself - you weren’t with the group.

He might have been rude, but he wasn’t wrong. He/she did carry the team.

I would’ve simply said “please don’t queue for BGs anymore on that class - it does not belong here”

I don’t blame the players at first because it is a result of poor balancing... but to repeatedly bring a class that is useless for groups to a group encounter while KNOWING that it’s a selfish playstyle is fundamentally selfish.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes however those type of players a few and far between IMO. Since launch I've only personally had grievances with 3 PvPrs ... all who got salty with me after killing them or using a skill they couldn't counter. The majority of the players are actually friendly. At the start of every BG I always say hello to my team and on PS4 EU I know most of the PvPrs anyway. What I do find amusing however is that the players who usually tbag are the ones who are either being carried by a premade ... or that annoying inexperienced guy at the back who comes up and tbags u after his other team mates have killed u lol.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Nightblades do not belong in those matches. It is a selfish playstyle that only lends itself effectively to solo play.

I would’ve simply said “please don’t queue for BGs anymore on that class - it does not belong here”

I don’t blame the players at first because it is a result of poor balancing... but to repeatedly bring a class that is useless for groups to a group encounter while KNOWING that it’s a selfish playstyle is fundamentally selfish.

I got the impression from the OP that they WERE trying to stick together, but that it was suboptimal given their lack of AOE. I may misread it, though.

I agree that NBs who peel off from the group are incredibly selfish. I actually dealt with a real reject of humanity recently who told his team to GET AWAY FROM HIM. When I pointed out that BGs are group PVP encounters, and that sticking together and working together is what wins matches, he proceeded to tell me that we were “stealing his kills” and that he was “challenging himself.” The argument continued in whisper for a while, and of course, went nowhere.

NBs who want to solo need to stick to low tier MMR matches or else play in Cyrodiil.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you please stop putting all nightblades in the same bag?
    My magblade for example gives all team members 1k HOT and 250 spell and weapon damage, CCs enemies that attack them and tanks damage. It's a brawler build without Shadowy Disguise.
    My stamblade on the other hand tanks enemies by jumping straight to the action and debuffs them with major fracture, bleeds and minor maim. It also heals teammembers with Vigor. It has Shadowy Disguise only to disengage should the situation be unfavourable. But I'm already thinking about switching to Dark Cloak for even more tankiness.

As you can see not all nightblades are sneaky gankers that do hit and runs. Some are built for helping the group.

The real problem here is that people have only one build and can't change it during the match to synergize with their team.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see a mag blade on my team, I just hope they have decent healing, and then I play more defensively out of caution.

When I see stam blades on my team, I cringe and play more defensively period.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on April 3, 2019 9:14PM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My magblade for example gives all team members 1k HOT and 250 spell and weapon damage, CCs enemies that attack them and tanks damage. It's a brawler build without Shadowy Disguise.
    My stamblade on the other hand tanks enemies by jumping straight to the action and debuffs them with major fracture, bleeds and minor maim. It also heals teammembers with Vigor. It has Shadowy Disguise only to disengage should the situation be unfavourable. But I'm already thinking about switching to Dark Cloak for even more tankiness.

As you can see not all nightblades are sneaky gankers that do hit and runs. Some are built for helping the group.

The real problem here is that people have only one build and can't change it during the match to synergize with their team.

^This. Helpful nightblades exist. The only time when I don't stay with the group is when it's Capture the Relic, in which I have a build specifically designed to keep multiple players off of it/engaged so my team can steal theirs. I don't use Shadowy Disguise either.

Edit; I also have builds for others, but this topic's more of "wHy DoN't NiTeBlAyDz StAy WiD gRoOp?" That's my reason why. Other times I have to split because tactics call for it.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on April 3, 2019 9:47PM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you’re going to play magblade support with buffs and heals for your group, why not roll a magden?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When a single magblade makes it to high MMR matches then maybe.

But they don’t.

For a reason.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    If you’re going to play magblade support with buffs and heals for your group, why not roll a magden?

I prefer my NB. The points you get from battlegrounds favour damage over healing, so getting to higher MMR is more about being good at damage then healing. For a templar or warden that’s easy, for a magblade that means using a lot of guild or destruction staff abilities.

Personally I think after trying Warden, Templar and NB as a pvp healer NBs are the strongest, though I don’t have a lot of experience on my Warden. Wardens are too short range for me and favour balling up. I solo queue and like the 28m NB healing range for disorganized pugs.

I’ve seen some good templar healers but don’t think I’ve seen a really strong warden healer too.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 4, 2019 2:26AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I prefer my NB. The points you get from battlegrounds favour damage over healing, so getting to higher MMR is more about being good at damage then healing. For a templar or warden that’s easy, for a magblade that means using a lot of guild or destruction staff abilities.

Personally I think after trying Warden, Templar and NB as a pvp healer NBs are the strongest, though I don’t have a lot of experience on my Warden. Wardens are too short range for me and favour balling up. I solo queue and like the 28m NB healing range for disorganized pugs.

I’ve seen some good templar healers but don’t think I’ve seen a really strong warden healer too.

Azramel, Novelli, LeenaPeena. I'm not sure those are their exact names, but they're very good warden healers.

I've only seen you in lower mmr games when i play my alts though. There's not a lot of healers in those games to begin with.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healers on other classes get moved up to higher MMR matches

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, I don't think there are very many Nightblade healers that are even trying to do Battlegrounds. There was one guy (who was supremely annoying with his fear traps) that I saw for a little bit, several months ago, but I don't remember his name offhand.

I'm not a dedicated healer, but still do a fair amount of it in some games (and depending on the situation, at times I may end up doing a lot more healing than I do damage). If you check the following screenshot:
    f7jNECA.jpg
    You'll see that assists made up a huge portion of my personal score (WTB an execute plz), which I'm pretty confident influences your MMR. And while it may be more difficult for a Magicka Nightblade to cheese their AOE damage/assists than it is for my Warden, I would think that it'd still be possible with extensive use of Wall of Elements and some DOTs/light attacks as you're able.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

To be fair, I don't think there are very many Nightblade healers that are even trying to do Battlegrounds. There was one guy (who was supremely annoying with his fear traps) that I saw for a little bit, several months ago, but I don't remember his name offhand.

I'm not a dedicated healer, but still do a fair amount of it in some games (and depending on the situation, at times I may end up doing a lot more healing than I do damage). If you check the following screenshot:
    f7jNECA.jpg
    You'll see that assists made up a huge portion of my personal score (WTB an execute plz), which I'm pretty confident influences your MMR. And while it may be more difficult for a Magicka Nightblade to cheese their AOE damage/assists than it is for my Warden, I would think that it'd still be possible with extensive use of Wall of Elements and some DOTs/light attacks as you're able.

Yea, that’s my experience too. Once I started adding more damage my score started increasing. Probably easier on a warden but I’ve broken the one million damage and healing as well recently, you just have to use destro staff and guild skills because of the current state of magblade dps.

Personally the biggest reason I don’t want to play a warden or Templar is it’s meta. A lot of players play specs designed to fight certain tactics and play styles, the closer to meta you are the bigger of a disadvantage you put yourself at because you’re playing a spec people already have experience fighting.

Start rolling off meta specs and builds and suddenly the ‘unbeatables’ fall down quickly. Seeing that a lot recently in cyrodiil where we’re taking down all the ball groups, even when they outnumber us. Some long time players actually get mad and act like doing something different is like cheating because they get so frustrated. People know the what but not the why, change something and they don’t know what to do.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 4, 2019 4:36PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair