Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMA - Crematorial Guard

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @f047ys3v3n I am not asking for cheats. If cheats are behind these outstanding runs, then yes, I want to know they are cheats, so I won't try to duplicate something that will never work, because I do not want to use cheats. I do not aim for the leaderboards, perfect runs, I just wanted to do this content, and had my fingers crossed for a staff :) I finished the damned thing yesterday, so now I am more relieved.
    I understand now how to play the crystal phase. You need to constantly move there.

@zvavi here are two very fast runs that I watched

1) starts at 26:35 (Voriak Solkyn dies in just 51 seconds!)

2) starts at 28:31 (boss dies in exactly one minute)
    I am not saying they are cheating, but their speed and dps baffles me
    Edited by kind_hero on March 17, 2019 9:31AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Rontabs77 wrote: »
    Thank you @kind_hero

I was basically using a modified version of Alcast's one-bar Magicka Pet Sorc, but here are the details either way:

5x Necropotence
    5x Plague Doctor
    2x Ilambris

Lady Mundus

Skills: Dark Conversion, Volatile Familiar, Empowered Ward, Elemental Blockade (Lightning), Bound Aegis
    Ultimate: Elemental Rage

My CP allocation is the same as in here https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/

I always keep Empowered Ward up and cast Dark Conversion Immediately after it.

I hope that helps @kind_hero

- Rontabs

I did it!!! That stupid boss finally bit the dust! Thanks to your video and to this build!

xf7ml1.jpg

I have done all the other 8 arenas without major difficulties (except for the spider boss), using a 2x destro build, focused on pure dps, without pets, but in the last fight everything was to much for me, I died way to easy or ran out of resources in the crystal phase. But this build did it. It took me many attempts to adapt with this playstyle though :)
    So, my thoughts with this are that ZOS wanted to nerf the sorcs and their shields stacking, but their nerfs made way to a more ridiculous situation, where you can do vMA just with shield, elemental blockade and heavy attacks + pets. In no way I say this is easy, it wasn't for me, vMA is hard, but it is certainly easier than other builds.

P.S. I used Skoria and lover mundus, also my necropotence was all invigorating, because I did not want to spend a lot on divines necropotence. The plague doctor shock staff was defending lol but golded with shock enchant. I used a back bar too... had a cheap plague doctor resto, with mutagen, lightning form and surge (besides the doubled pet skills)

Edit: in case of anyone wondering, the loot was not what I wanted, mael sword and nirnhoned mace :/

Congratulations @kind_hero !

Thank you as well for acknowledging the efficiency of the build I had posted, which is based from Alcast's, so let us give the credit to him. :smile:
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn son this heavy attack charge is not bad at all, I should try using it when I have a fire stave. But I don't think it is cheating, I have 18k DPS against him as well(minimum 18k). They are all using potions and force pulse, maybe I should try it too, hmm.
    Edited by zvavi on March 17, 2019 3:12PM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Damn son this heavy attack charge is not bad at all, I should try using it when I have a fire stave. But I don't think it is cheating, I have 18k DPS against him as well(minimum 18k). They are all using potions and force pulse, maybe I should try it too, hmm.

Check this magblade from 27:10 where the boss dies in.... 17 seconds!!! :smiley:
    So funny to watch.. I laughed so hard! He says, "I will show you my true power!", but bam, the player used a spectral explosion he kept from previous run, ulti, boss stunned and executed, LOL
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've fought the final boss now about 50 times. 6 times had him down below 100k. Each time I rage quit or have to just walk away and tell myself it's not healthy to get so worked up over a game. Kudos to you guys who can breeze through this. Even with the MagSorc high heath, shield, dual pet build, there is still so much incoming damage that it leaves no room for error. I hate that damn CG. I'm not about to get this far and quit though. But man, it gets so demoralizing sometimes.

Thanks to the OP for this thread. It gives me hope :)
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I've fought the final boss now about 50 times. 6 times had him down below 100k. Each time I rage quit or have to just walk away and tell myself it's not healthy to get so worked up over a game. Kudos to you guys who can breeze through this. Even with the MagSorc high heath, shield, dual pet build, there is still so much incoming damage that it leaves no room for error. I hate that damn CG. I'm not about to get this far and quit though. But man, it gets so demoralizing sometimes.

Hi! I was in your shoes yesterday. But yesterday evening I did it. It took me A LOT of effort to do it. I feel your frustration, it made me quit the game, yell, curse, you know. But do take breaks, keep seeing every failed attempt as a lesson, think what you could learn from each mistake, and you will do it. I started replaying in my mind like a yt video each failed attempt, thinking, ok, why did I fail this time? Try to correct this next time. The boss says "you can die, we daedra cannot". True, but they daedra cannot adapt, so the boss will always do the same mechanics. Look at @Rontabs77 video from the previous page.. Look how he fell down twice I think, but he still managed, he got it in the end.

The 1 bar build with plague doctor gives you way more room for error, but you also lose dps, and the crem guard dot adds up to the point where you can't outheal or shield. Also when you get pushed down, you have to deal with crem guard and clanfear, also you might stuble into a ghost and most likely this trio is fatal. So if you get up, constantly move, the meteor targets you if you stop moving, if it happens, break free if you have the stamina. I had the boss at 2% and died, after that I had many wipes because of how mad I got, had the boss again at 10%, died... but when you get to this phase, it is in your reach.. do not give up, so after a few attempts I got him. Trust me, if you do the crystal phase it is very easy, you will do it, just get the sigils and ghosts.

When I got down again, I grabbed the shield, next heal, got ghosts, used ulti because I feared will die again, then crem guard showed up, used ghosts explosion, and ignored everything else, went mad on the boss. Last time I died because I tried to kill the summoners, just forget about them, use stun when you see the crem guard, nuke the boss.

My problem is that I get emotional and start pressing the wrong keys, forget to apply buffs/wall/shield etc and that is worse than having the wrong build. So try to chill, see it as part of learning. Trust me, after I beat the boss I was so happy even if this is just a game, but the feeling is so real, you completed a great challenge, same as in real life (that is because the chemicals in the brain are the same for video games, silly things, or important real life joys). Same with fake laughter.. makes you laugh and feel well even if it is fake (test it) :D
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've fought the final boss now about 50 times.
    Honestly? I think I fought him more than 100 times before the first time I cleared him. I mean ye, now it is a breeze, but when I was getting used to it, i think I was stuck on him for 4 continuous hours, sometimes dying over and over again just to generate ultimate for that 1 ceremonial guard in the beginning. Don't worry man, you will get there.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Keep at it. You got it!

Congrats OP and @kind_hero.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok um it took me 900 soul gems on vma 700 ish for final boss. Ya im hard headed and kept going. and when i ran out of those i spawned at the wayshire.

Ran again today only died about 20 times in the whole 9 stages. Something about that first clear.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on it's 2019. People are getting flawless conqueror on cp 190 character with hundings rage+agility+shacklebreaker weapons and random 2pc monster set.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 19, 2019 5:14AM
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    ooo I remember the pain of my first vMA run.... something that you might find helpful for the final fight is that once you finish the crystal stage, ignore everything but the gold ghosts and the boss. Keep dots on the boss, collect 3 ghosts, murder the boss. As with all things, higher dps makes this much easier. I much prefer to do vMA on a squishy high dps build than a tanky low dps build.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

How is this even allowed? 6x Molten Breath and 2x Wildfire damage from the crematorial guard? This is at crystal phase 2. In phase 1, I can easily slay the crematorial guard...

qO6sFnd.jpg

Best regards,
    Rontabs77

The strategy I use against them is just to burn as fast as possible. I know that sounds obvious, but as they are running at you, have your ground aoes down and then begin single target weaving . If your DPS is high enough, they won't even get the breath out on you. Good luck.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice @Massive_Stain , but I went for a build that is geared towards tankiness and survivability as my hands are not that fast anymore to do high dps speed runs.

Below is the video of my first clear with the said build if you want to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQmkIjiP3E
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice @Massive_Stain , but I went for a build that is geared towards tankiness and survivability as my hands are not that fast anymore to do high dps speed runs.

Below is the video of my first clear with the said build if you want to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQmkIjiP3E

Just watched and commented! Congrats
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Massive_Stain !
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Thank you @kind_hero

I was basically using a modified version of Alcast's one-bar Magicka Pet Sorc, but here are the details either way:

5x Necropotence
    5x Plague Doctor
    2x Ilambris

Lady Mundus

Skills: Dark Conversion, Volatile Familiar, Empowered Ward, Elemental Blockade (Lightning), Bound Aegis
    Ultimate: Elemental Rage

My CP allocation is the same as in here https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/

I always keep Empowered Ward up and cast Dark Conversion Immediately after it.

I hope that helps @kind_hero

- Rontabs

I did it!!! That stupid boss finally bit the dust! Thanks to your video and to this build!

xf7ml1.jpg

I have done all the other 8 arenas without major difficulties (except for the spider boss), using a 2x destro build, focused on pure dps, without pets, but in the last fight everything was to much for me, I died way to easy or ran out of resources in the crystal phase. But this build did it. It took me many attempts to adapt with this playstyle though :)
    So, my thoughts with this are that ZOS wanted to nerf the sorcs and their shields stacking, but their nerfs made way to a more ridiculous situation, where you can do vMA just with shield, elemental blockade and heavy attacks + pets. In no way I say this is easy, it wasn't for me, vMA is hard, but it is certainly easier than other builds.

P.S. I used Skoria and lover mundus, also my necropotence was all invigorating, because I did not want to spend a lot on divines necropotence. The plague doctor shock staff was defending lol but golded with shock enchant. I used a back bar too... had a cheap plague doctor resto, with mutagen, lightning form and surge (besides the doubled pet skills)

Edit: in case of anyone wondering, the loot was not what I wanted, mael sword and nirnhoned mace :/

Did you do VMA without doing regular MA first? Or did you do regular on a different character?
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you do VMA without doing regular MA first? Or did you do regular on a different character?

I did normal MA 2 times some time ago with my magicka nightblade, but with this char I went directly in veteran mode. I struggled most in the spider arena until I learned the mechanics, and ofc, in the last one, where I switched to the 1 bar, 2 pets build. (Until the last boss I used mechanical accuity and armor master + harness magicka, without pets). I still need to do vMA on my nightblade...
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have finally cleared vMA! Thank you everyone for guiding me. My fingers weren't quick enough so I preferred survivability over damage.

vMA made ESO for me the most difficult game that I have ever played my entire 38 years of life, my goodness..

It was a long and messy fight but below is the video of my run for those who are interested.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pdQmkIjiP3E

Once again, thank you very much.

yeah I had the same issue with vma many deaths and the most difficult content in any game, to add to my point after I beat Vma I decided I would try dark souls III again and easily went threw it where as before I only got to the high wall of lothric. what I am saying is, I have heard people say Dark souls III is one of the hardest games out there, but I guess they have not tried vMA.
  • JediCody
    JediCody
    ✭✭✭
    What's the consensus DPS required to do Veteran Maelstrom?
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JediCody wrote: »

Its way more mechanics focused than DPS; although, higher DPS certainly allows you to burn through some things. But even if youre 50k DPS and dont know the mechanics, youre going to die.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the encouragement guys!! Voriak Solkyn is finally my ***!! :)

vMA.jpg
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JediCody wrote: »

Pretty small. On a super defensive build I got through the last boss with not even 15k dps without a damage sigil. You can probably finish the last boss with 5k dps if you can deal with crematorium guards and interrupting him if you use a damage sigil.
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭

vMA.jpg

Congrats @Shantu , you are now a Stormproof! :)
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

vMA.jpg

Congrats @Shantu , you are now a Stormproof! :)

Thanks mate. I think the main thing I learned from this experience was that apart from staying alive and doing damage, I needed to learn to multi-task my focus on ALL that was going on around me. I can't tell you how many times I died because I couldn't break away from this single target mentality. While focusing one one thing, there were 6 other things killing me. If you focus too much on one thing, you're dead. Another thing about first clears is that it's truly a progression and everyone needs to stick at it and understand the mechanics of why you're dying. In the last week I had the last boss to under 1% several times. While incredibly frustrating, in the back of my mind I new I was progressing to even get that far. So last Sunday I sat down and told myself "This was the day!". So expecting to invest several hours in making it happen, I sat down and started. And wham! Took him down first try! I was almost too stunned to be happy.

During this whole experience I told myself this was SO unpleasant, if I beat it, I would NEVER do it again! But guess what? I'm looking forward to a repeat performance! :)

Thanks again for the encouragement! It's nice now be able to offer it to others.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who has done a flawless run of vMA about twice I honestly understand this and could just say L2P

But frankly screw that I hate this things sure make it easier get rid of the fire breaking aligators
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    I have finally cleared vMA! Thank you everyone for guiding me. My fingers weren't quick enough so I preferred survivability over damage.

vMA made ESO for me the most difficult game that I have ever played my entire 38 years of life, my goodness..

It was a long and messy fight but below is the video of my run for those who are interested.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pdQmkIjiP3E

Once again, thank you very much.

yeah I had the same issue with vma many deaths and the most difficult content in any game, to add to my point after I beat Vma I decided I would try dark souls III again and easily went threw it where as before I only got to the high wall of lothric. what I am saying is, I have heard people say Dark souls III is one of the hardest games out there, but I guess they have not tried vMA.

Honestly, I was about to laugh and say DS3 is much harder! But then I remembered that much like vMA, I could flawless (no death) ds3 with enough practice.......

Actually though, DS3 is much harder, in that you can't get an edge outside of it. Every time you restart ds3, you only have your knowledge of the game, every time you restart vMA, you are likely to have better gear (or have the chance to get better gear before hand)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats on the clear. And if it makes you feel better, by your 5th or 6th clear, you probably wont even have to deal with a guard. If the last fight is done "correctly" you wont even see one. Nuke Boss before first one spawns, kill crystals, execute boss before the final one spawns.

This fight is one of the toughest encounters in the game until you do it a few times, then it quickly becomes one of the easiest.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    This fight is one of the toughest encounters in the game until you do it a few times, then it quickly becomes one of the easiest.

Very true! Keep running it and soon you'll be thinking "I'm just dying to mistakes I can fix, I'm not far from Flawless!"

greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, I still remember my first encounter with a Crematorial Guard there. It was funny, he toasted my stamsorc vampire-4 arse into next week :D

Now I learnet do slot hurricane and dance around him so I can mitigate the flame and outheal it with crit surge. I like that about vMA, it makes you truly open that skill menu, read it carefully and flesh out all your character has to offer :)