The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMA - Crematorial Guard

• sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just take the damage and try to put pressure on it more than the mobs. And I got flawless as a werewolf after murkmire patch finally. It’s mostly due to I don’t do the arena too often.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Rontabs77 wrote: »
    Thanks all, I'll consider all your advice. I hope that the fact that I am in my late 30's won't hinder me from completing this arena.

Best regards,
    Rontabs77

I'm 52, and I run it a few times a week. It really does get much easier after the first complete. Stick with it. You will do it.
    Edited by StytchFingal on March 3, 2019 4:38PM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »
    I mean, your drawing is cute and everything, but when people ask what to do with them my answer was always hug and spin around them, so u know, also if u end up with a ghost/nectoric spear with your spinning, change spin direction and it will be fine

I did that hug and spin thing when I started practicing and more often than not, I bumped into the guard and got stuck. Probably because I was trying to sort of circle strafe. That's why I started doint the tangential sprint and it worked like a charm.
    Like I said, people have different techniques, this is mine. :)

Hello @Rontabs77 , I am also learning this fight, so I died a lot on those daedroths, until, by trial and error, I started to do what people suggest here, to circle around them while they spew fire. It works. They will spin towards you, but if you spin with them, you will get minimal damage. If you place an ground AoE on them, and dps them while they put flames on you, they will die pretty quickly. Yeah, I know, sometimes it happens that you get a necro crystal pop or other stuff, but you need to be quick with your executes, also shield/block when you can, roll dodge if that area gets hot. But dps the hell out of them... circle AND dps them, you cannot defend much against them.

What really works is improving dps... I tried a build with armor master (I play a magsorc) which helped me survive more, but that way I had more crem guards to deal with, so more hassle. I am looking at people who put so much dps on the boss that crem guards do not even spawn.

My suggestion is to save the heal power-up for the crystal phase so it would be easier to survive the soul churn. If you manage to destroy all 3 in one go, then pick the axe and use your big ultimate on the boss, because he will stay in that spot for a few seconds, burn him down as much as possible. I would say that for beginning destroying 2 crystals, jumping, dealing with the crem guard, going back and destroying the last crystal without pressure is a good tactic. You must always think that if you got this far you are capable to learn how to kill the crem guard easy, and to finish the boss.
    Edited by kind_hero on March 11, 2019 11:20AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    thorwyn wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »
    I mean, your drawing is cute and everything, but when people ask what to do with them my answer was always hug and spin around them, so u know, also if u end up with a ghost/nectoric spear with your spinning, change spin direction and it will be fine

I did that hug and spin thing when I started practicing and more often than not, I bumped into the guard and got stuck. Probably because I was trying to sort of circle strafe. That's why I started doint the tangential sprint and it worked like a charm.
    Like I said, people have different techniques, this is mine. :)

Hello @Rontabs77 , I am also learning this fight, so I died a lot on those daedroths, until, by trial and error, I started to do what people suggest here, to circle around them while they spew fire. It works. They will spin towards you, but if you spin with them, you will get minimal damage. If you place an ground AoE on them, and dps them while they put flames on you, they will die pretty quickly. Yeah, I know, sometimes it happens that you get a necro crystal pop or other stuff, but you need to be quick with your executes, also shield/block when you can, roll dodge if that area gets hot. But dps the hell out of them... circle AND dps them, you cannot defend much against them.

What really works is improving dps... I tried a build with armor master (I play a magsorc) which helped me survive more, but that way I had more crem guards to deal with, so more hassle. I am looking at people who put so much dps on the boss that crem guards do not even spawn.

My suggestion is to save the heal power-up for the crystal phase so it would be easier to survive the soul churn. If you manage to destroy all 3 in one go, then pick the axe and use your big ultimate on the boss, because he will stay in that spot for a few seconds, burn him down as much as possible. I would say that for beginning destroying 2 crystals, jumping, dealing with the crem guard, going back and destroying the last crystal without pressure is a good tactic. You must always think that if you got this far you are capable to learn how to kill the crem guard easy, and to finish the boss.

Thanks a lot @kind_hero , I'll be taking your advice into consideration. I've taken a break from vMA for the meantime, I'll try improving my DPS a lot without compromising health too much. Thanks!
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you fail to kill the crystal in 1 go, the crematorial guard will be enraged waiting for you.

You need more DPS to kill the 3 crystals in 1 go, and to burn the boss before the crematorial spawns after destroying the tree crystals.

If your DPS is stupidly high, at the start of that boss fight, you can push crystal phase before the crematorial and the healer spawn

More DPS!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rontabs77 since you said that took a break, this would also be my advice (for progress runs) to learn when you need to take breaks, chill, and come back when you have the time and the mental strength to do it. I also took a break because I got so frustrated for getting so far, yet failing at the last bit, but that day I did not have enough time to play, had to do other stuff, so this thought that I need to do this quick, made me lose focus.

@Drako_Ei I am not sure if the daedroth will be enraged if you fall in the crystal phase. Anyway, it sounds fun "enraged waiting for you". Could imagine... mr. big nasty daedroth getting angrier.. where is that mortal, why have I been summoned here?!! grrrwah! :)
    If you look at the older videos like Deltia's, in his run, he falls twice and each time manages to deal with the crem guard, even though his dps and resist was lower than what we have now with 810cp
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, I'll consider all your advice. I hope that the fact that I am in my late 30's won't hinder me from completing this arena.

Best regards,
    Rontabs77
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    If you fail to kill the crystal in 1 go, the crematorial guard will be enraged waiting for you.

You need more DPS to kill the 3 crystals in 1 go, and to burn the boss before the crematorial spawns after destroying the tree crystals.

If your DPS is stupidly high, at the start of that boss fight, you can push crystal phase before the crematorial and the healer spawn

More DPS!

Is that due to leaving a daedroth alive, or not killing the one that will spawn, when you hop up top?

I normally take a jump, but I kill the CG prior and then again before I go back up. I haven't noticed this.

Best of luck to ya OP, you got this.

• Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »

More DPS!

I see, so that is why the crematorial guard is dealing more damage during the crystal phase, it's because it is enraged. Thanks a lot @Drako_Ei , but, how does one deal with an enraged crematorial guard? I remember conducting a test where I just circled around it and doing self heals during the crystal phase but I still wouldn't survive. But I see now, didn't realize that it was enraged until you told me here.
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    @Rontabs77 since you said that took a break, this would also be my advice (for progress runs) to learn when you need to take breaks, chill, and come back when you have the time and the mental strength to do it. I also took a break because I got so frustrated for getting so far, yet failing at the last bit, but that day I did not have enough time to play, had to do other stuff, so this thought that I need to do this quick, made me lose focus.

@Drako_Ei I am not sure if the daedroth will be enraged if you fall in the crystal phase. Anyway, it sounds fun "enraged waiting for you". Could imagine... mr. big nasty daedroth getting angrier.. where is that mortal, why have I been summoned here?!! grrrwah! :)
    If you look at the older videos like Deltia's, in his run, he falls twice and each time manages to deal with the crem guard, even though his dps and resist was lower than what we have now with 810cp

@kind_hero , isn't vMA scaled to the current maximum level? So if max now is 810, vMA is scaled to that? Either way, I wish they shouldn't have nerfed damage shields so much.
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    I guess after all that has been said here, maximum DPS is the way to go. Burning the boss immediately to avoid crem guard spawning is top priority. Copy that folks.
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Don't drop down, stay up, damage all three cystals to avoid speed up, do the lot in one. Sorted

Copy that. Now I remember putting down all 3 crystals in one go because I switched my target after the stone wall appeared.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kind_hero , isn't vMA scaled to the current maximum level? So if max now is 810, vMA is scaled to that? Either way, I wish they shouldn't have nerfed damage shields so much.

Yeah.. I am with you regarding the shields. Two things annoyed me the most, major expedition nerf and shield duration (not strength) nerf. That is because in intense combat situations like vMA, you need to mash your keyboard or controller to keep reapplying these. Somehow I understand why they did it, but I think the downgrade is to harsh. Now people got used with it, including myself, but that does not mean I prefer it this way.

I don't know if it is scaled to 810 cp... it was designed for 300 cp or so, meaning that you can add certain resistances and damage buffs within that champion points number. Now, obviously you can amp your damage much more, saving points in for protection or more resources. From the videos I have seen, it really seems to be much easier than years ago. I saw a video with a sorc that killed the last boss so fast that he did not even summon a healer. Boss spawns, nuke, boss goes straight up, player goes up, blows the crystals in one go, boss goes down, player puts an elemental storm over him, nukes him, boss dies without summoning any creature (one summoner walker mob despawns before reaching the middle of the arena because the boss died and game over). :)

Edited by kind_hero on March 12, 2019 7:32AM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple of myths floating around here I guess...

The Daedroth is enraged when you jump or fall down?? I don't think so. He just appears to deal more damage because this usually gets you off guard, you have probably already taken damage from the DOT on top and the fall. And on top of that, you will also receive damage from the Clan. I backflipped into the lava and survived by facetanking or running around the daedroth just like the one at the start of the round.

You can avoid the first daedroth if you have enough DPS to bring the boss to 70% hp. If you can do that comfortably, no problem. However, the first daedroth always spawns right next to the boss, so dropping your ultimate should damage them simultaneously, kill the daedroth and dps the boss. If your dps is on the fence, play it safe and drop your ulti on both, because if you fail to bring the boss down fast enough, you will have to deal with boss and daedroth and no ulti.

Also, you don't need to destroy all three cryystals in one go. If the DOT on top is getting too high, jump down, kill the daedroth and get back up. This resets the DOT.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick to crematorial guards is to stay very close to them, and move in a circle around them. They turn slowly and the breath will never hit you.

This.

This bit of advice led to my first clear, I kept getting rekt trying to out range and out shield it on my magnb
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! Just a friendly reminder that while it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    I have finally cleared vMA! Thank you everyone for guiding me. My fingers weren't quick enough so I preferred survivability over damage.

vMA made ESO for me the most difficult game that I have ever played my entire 38 years of life, my goodness..

It was a long and messy fight but below is the video of my run for those who are interested.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pdQmkIjiP3E

Once again, thank you very much.
    Edited by Rontabs77 on March 15, 2019 6:32PM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things I have found:

1) The DPS check to do up top in 1 go is not huge once you the pattern of dodges, wall hides, and such down as well as a pattern of which crystal you dot up with what when in order to be efficient. I would recommend working tword this rather then a strat where you drop down and do it again. If you go with the drop strategy you need to have a tanky build rather then just be a dps build that isn't very good at dps. With a tanky build the guard will not be much of a bother.

2) Do not be running out of resources. This fight is harder than most of the others on resources because of the heals / shields. Put some investment in resources and you may find it easier. In this fight I have certainly found sustain > max dps. This is true of vMA in general as the dps checks are not crazy. This content was both made before cheats became as commonplace as they are in endgame now and also prior to a lot of legitimate DPS creep. It is scaled for dps numbers that are quite achievable and can be done smoothly with ~18k sustained on a dps build, or with closer to 12k if you are very tanky. We have certainly been nerfed a lot in the last 2 years but vMA is still quite achievable on a well rounded build. I ran vMA this year and it was much harder than in the past pre-morrowind times but I still did it and think that with practice it could still be smooth even if I think reaching my former 540k+ flawless runs would be a pipe dream post morrowind.

3) My Stam toons can generally kite in a circle damaging the guards and staying ahead of the flame at least most of the time. My mag toons have to lay down their hots, and block and shield through the breath phase.

4) May stam sorc can just face tank the thing doing dps the whole time with crit surge + vigor HOT + dual wield ult. Stam sorc is the easiest class / resource combination I have done vMA with and this is from a guy who plays ranged mag most of the time and didn't even set op srendars on my stam sorc to do vMA. I suspect stam warden might also be able to do similar. If you are having trouble just roll out one of these more well rounded classes. I really think it would be difficult to run vMA on a lot of class / resource combinations now, assuming you arn't running cheats. So, pick a build carefully. Don't just do what the try hard video guys are doing. The reason you are having trouble getting anywhere close to what they do on a dummy is because they are cheating. It's not skill, a dummy just stands there being a dummy. It is not particularly hard to do a dps rotation on a dummy. vMA is a lot about the sustain and heals. An example of a poor choice that the video guys might be telling you is BIS and OP is mag NB. With all the nerfs to mNB heals and damage in the least year I think they would be very hard to have success with in vMA.

5) Those defense sigals, use those on the guards. You have 2 of them and shouldn't have more than 2 guards. Use the dps sigal on the final boss phase after you come back down so that you kill him during the first stun.

6) Practice, practice, practice. This is one of the best fights in the game. There are lots of mechanics, the dps check isn't terrible, and there is a pretty good balance of missed mechanics being punishing but not one shot so recovery is possible if you are managing the fight well. You even have the sigil thing to give you selective boosts at times when you might need it. You will see a lot of improvement as you practice and get more efficient at dealing with each mechanic.

I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have finally cleared vMA! Thank you everyone for guiding me. My fingers weren't quick enough so I preferred survivability over damage.

vMA made ESO for me the most difficult game that I have ever played my entire 38 years of life, my goodness..

It was a long and messy fight but below is the video of my run for those who are interested.

Great job! BIG CONGRATZ !!

Can you detail on your gear/skills used? Thanks! (I am still struggling in this phase)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gj bro, grats!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woot the fight was funny :D
    Please dont ignore the fire daedroths next time, it will be the first target u kill, it makes the fight easier
    About the boss, there are 2 things u could do better, remenber the boss mechanics sequence, and remenber what should interupt and what should roll or dodge.

Upstair fight was good, try to save the ultimate, use it for the daedroths if u fell down.
    Signils timing, Shield and Cup are really useful, u could use it one by one.

Welcome the vma grinding B)

Grats again!
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Things I have found:

1) The DPS check to do up top in 1 go is not huge once you the pattern of dodges, wall hides, and such down as well as a pattern of which crystal you dot up with what when in order to be efficient. I would recommend working tword this rather then a strat where you drop down and do it again. If you go with the drop strategy you need to have a tanky build rather then just be a dps build that isn't very good at dps. With a tanky build the guard will not be much of a bother.

2) Do not be running out of resources. This fight is harder than most of the others on resources because of the heals / shields. Put some investment in resources and you may find it easier. In this fight I have certainly found sustain > max dps. This is true of vMA in general as the dps checks are not crazy. This content was both made before cheats became as commonplace as they are in endgame now and also prior to a lot of legitimate DPS creep. It is scaled for dps numbers that are quite achievable and can be done smoothly with ~18k sustained on a dps build, or with closer to 12k if you are very tanky. We have certainly been nerfed a lot in the last 2 years but vMA is still quite achievable on a well rounded build. I ran vMA this year and it was much harder than in the past pre-morrowind times but I still did it and think that with practice it could still be smooth even if I think reaching my former 540k+ flawless runs would be a pipe dream post morrowind.

3) My Stam toons can generally kite in a circle damaging the guards and staying ahead of the flame at least most of the time. My mag toons have to lay down their hots, and block and shield through the breath phase.

4) May stam sorc can just face tank the thing doing dps the whole time with crit surge + vigor HOT + dual wield ult. Stam sorc is the easiest class / resource combination I have done vMA with and this is from a guy who plays ranged mag most of the time and didn't even set op srendars on my stam sorc to do vMA. I suspect stam warden might also be able to do similar. If you are having trouble just roll out one of these more well rounded classes. I really think it would be difficult to run vMA on a lot of class / resource combinations now, assuming you arn't running cheats. So, pick a build carefully. Don't just do what the try hard video guys are doing. The reason you are having trouble getting anywhere close to what they do on a dummy is because they are cheating. It's not skill, a dummy just stands there being a dummy. It is not particularly hard to do a dps rotation on a dummy. vMA is a lot about the sustain and heals. An example of a poor choice that the video guys might be telling you is BIS and OP is mag NB. With all the nerfs to mNB heals and damage in the least year I think they would be very hard to have success with in vMA.

5) Those defense sigals, use those on the guards. You have 2 of them and shouldn't have more than 2 guards. Use the dps sigal on the final boss phase after you come back down so that you kill him during the first stun.

6) Practice, practice, practice. This is one of the best fights in the game. There are lots of mechanics, the dps check isn't terrible, and there is a pretty good balance of missed mechanics being punishing but not one shot so recovery is possible if you are managing the fight well. You even have the sigil thing to give you selective boosts at times when you might need it. You will see a lot of improvement as you practice and get more efficient at dealing with each mechanic.

1) I agree, i had the confidence to drop down because my build was tanky, I had bound aegis on and was using the Lady mundus blessing.

2) I was confident with my resources as well, probably due to the change in racial passives. I was using a bosmer and bonus in Stamina goes well in using Dark Exchange.

6) Practice, yes, definitely. I think I had almost a hundred attempt..
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

Gj bro, grats!

Thank you @ccfeeling !
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Woot the fight was funny :D
    Please dont ignore the fire daedroths next time, it will be the first target u kill, it makes the fight easier
    About the boss, there are 2 things u could do better, remenber the boss mechanics sequence, and remenber what should interupt and what should roll or dodge.

Upstair fight was good, try to save the ultimate, use it for the daedroths if u fell down.
    Signils timing, Shield and Cup are really useful, u could use it one by one.

Welcome the vma grinding B)

Grats again!

Yes, it was a messy fight indeed :smiley:

I was confident enough to ignore the crem guard and just let him die in my aoe dot because my build was tanky. But yes, the crem guard has to go down immediately because I have realized that it puts a burning dot on you that lasts until the crem guard dies. I had this one attempt where the burning dot was on me and went up stairs without killing the crem guard and its dot was on me the whole time until I went back down and was able to slay it.

Either way, thank you again as well. :blush:
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭

Great job! BIG CONGRATZ !!

Can you detail on your gear/skills used? Thanks! (I am still struggling in this phase)

Thank you @kind_hero

I was basically using a modified version of Alcast's one-bar Magicka Pet Sorc, but here are the details either way:

5x Necropotence
    5x Plague Doctor
    2x Ilambris

Lady Mundus

Skills: Dark Conversion, Volatile Familiar, Empowered Ward, Elemental Blockade (Lightning), Bound Aegis
    Ultimate: Elemental Rage

My CP allocation is the same as in here https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/

I always keep Empowered Ward up and cast Dark Conversion Immediately after it.

I hope that helps @kind_hero

- Rontabs
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @f047ys3v3n regarding your detailed reply above, I would ask a "dumb" question but on serious note, though.

I do not understand how some people pull 57-60k dps. I have seen full speed runs of people burning this boss that even the healer mob does not spawn. I tried getting the same gear, enchants, cp points set-ups, almost 90% there (I do not have the perfected asylum and just did not have the resource to gold everything, just the bigger pieces). So with very similar stats, I am not even half way that dps.
    For me it is puzzling how one guy can dps the boss from when he spawns to 68% in a few seconds. I try do the same.. lay blockade, lightning aoe, use spell pot, buff... and do light attacks and abilities. Once I even dropped the elemental storm on him too, but did not get even to 75%.
    I am not a new player, I play since beta, but I admit, I haven't tried yet to min max my dps... I did a lot of content with normal dps, so I can say I am an average player. So, I am familiar with the dps concepts: weaving, animation canceling, etc... But I still don't get how you could get so much dps in a few seconds. Sorry if my question seems dumb... because I am not asking for nerfs or complaining, just I don't see where the difference is. Do you need a very strong computer, gaming keyboard/mouse? Because I noticed that somehow the game feedback felt slower than what I wanted to do... at times, I pressed my key for harness magicka and there was a delay that killed my char... But my ping is fine, I have 84-120 ping in vMA, my fps is 56-60.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @f047ys3v3n
    Sorry if my question seems dumb... because I am not asking for nerfs or complaining, just I don't see where the difference is. Do you need a very strong computer, gaming keyboard/mouse?

Your ping is better than mine. Your fps is higher too. I am playing on my laptop, my '2' button is broken so I use one of my 10$ mouse other buttons to use the skill instead. And honestly, I don't think that burning him before he teleports is the answer. While he does get burned in many of my recent runs, before getting to that point I have been doing just fine without burning him (non cheese pet sorcerer), I find myself even not using ultimate to reach that 70% (I like dropping the ultimate on the boss when I go back down, which is not ready if I use it in the beginning), sure, burning him to that point makes the fight a bit easier, but it is not a game changer.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @kind_hero

I was basically using a modified version of Alcast's one-bar Magicka Pet Sorc, but here are the details either way:

5x Necropotence
    5x Plague Doctor
    2x Ilambris

Lady Mundus

Skills: Dark Conversion, Volatile Familiar, Empowered Ward, Elemental Blockade (Lightning), Bound Aegis
    Ultimate: Elemental Rage

My CP allocation is the same as in here https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/

I always keep Empowered Ward up and cast Dark Conversion Immediately after it.

I hope that helps @kind_hero

- Rontabs

I did it!!! That stupid boss finally bit the dust! Thanks to your video and to this build!

xf7ml1.jpg

I have done all the other 8 arenas without major difficulties (except for the spider boss), using a 2x destro build, focused on pure dps, without pets, but in the last fight everything was to much for me, I died way to easy or ran out of resources in the crystal phase. But this build did it. It took me many attempts to adapt with this playstyle though :)
    So, my thoughts with this are that ZOS wanted to nerf the sorcs and their shields stacking, but their nerfs made way to a more ridiculous situation, where you can do vMA just with shield, elemental blockade and heavy attacks + pets. In no way I say this is easy, it wasn't for me, vMA is hard, but it is certainly easier than other builds.

P.S. I used Skoria and lover mundus, also my necropotence was all invigorating, because I did not want to spend a lot on divines necropotence. The plague doctor shock staff was defending lol but golded with shock enchant. I used a back bar too... had a cheap plague doctor resto, with mutagen, lightning form and surge (besides the doubled pet skills)

Edit: in case of anyone wondering, the loot was not what I wanted, mael sword and nirnhoned mace :/
    Edited by kind_hero on March 17, 2019 12:21AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, it gets easier after the first few times
    Edited by zvavi on March 17, 2019 3:55AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @f047ys3v3n regarding your detailed reply above, I would ask a "dumb" question but on serious note, though.

I do not understand how some people pull 57-60k dps. I have seen full speed runs of people burning this boss that even the healer mob does not spawn. I tried getting the same gear, enchants, cp points set-ups, almost 90% there (I do not have the perfected asylum and just did not have the resource to gold everything, just the bigger pieces). So with very similar stats, I am not even half way that dps.
    For me it is puzzling how one guy can dps the boss from when he spawns to 68% in a few seconds. I try do the same.. lay blockade, lightning aoe, use spell pot, buff... and do light attacks and abilities. Once I even dropped the elemental storm on him too, but did not get even to 75%.
    I am not a new player, I play since beta, but I admit, I haven't tried yet to min max my dps... I did a lot of content with normal dps, so I can say I am an average player. So, I am familiar with the dps concepts: weaving, animation canceling, etc... But I still don't get how you could get so much dps in a few seconds. Sorry if my question seems dumb... because I am not asking for nerfs or complaining, just I don't see where the difference is. Do you need a very strong computer, gaming keyboard/mouse? Because I noticed that somehow the game feedback felt slower than what I wanted to do... at times, I pressed my key for harness magicka and there was a delay that killed my char... But my ping is fine, I have 84-120 ping in vMA, my fps is 56-60.

Your ping is not an issue. Better ping is better but if you go below 100 for long at all ZOS will synthetically add latency to you to bring it back to 100. Many MMO's do this, in order to try to level the playing field. Coming from FPS games, I think it's unnecessary but it seems to be an MMO thing. Gaming mice are certainly helpful when i comes to making it easier but some succeed without them or using a controler and gaming keyboards really don't get you anywhere. A 20 year old mechanical keyboard is just as good as a brand new one and only slightly better (they don't ghost) than the new membrane keyboard like most people have.

As for the delays that you experience causing you to die, this happens, the servers lag, even in solo vMA instances. If your fps delay is not server side but on your side turning particle effects down can help but typically it is server side.

You asked about the people burning the boss with nothing spawning and dps parses you can only get half the way too even when it seems like you have copied the build and rotation and have similar stats. In short, your asking about the cheats. There is some explanation in this thread about exploiters Basically, lots of endgame PVP and PVE players have cheats and they can do about double the damage with more than double the resistance. I wouldn't try to copy their strategies as they often rely on these attributes and I wouldn't try going into vMA and doing a run using no abilities on your bar and just light attacking enemies either though that has been done. The exact cheats seem to be pretty guarded secrets these days as, based on their posted videos, not all the top guilds seem to be doing the same ones so perhaps that is the real builds arms race going on well above my pay grade.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on March 17, 2019 6:23AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »

You asked about the people burning the boss with nothing spawning.

In short, your asking about the cheats.

Not sure you read his post, because he was talking about burning the boss to 70% before he teleports. While I seen a maybe legit boss burns in YouTube with spectral blast, lowering him to 70% is not a cheat at all. I am sure you can kill the 300k dummy in less than 10 seconds, now imagine being able to place dots beforehand. And need less damage. I mean, it takes me 12 seconds of weaving rendering slashes to kill that dummy, and I suck on my stamina dd. So if you are saying that you need to cheat to get the boss to 70% before he teleports, sorry to inform you buddy, you are wrong. And the DPS you need for it is the amazing 30k.
    Edited by zvavi on March 17, 2019 6:58AM