The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stam Necro skills

Lord_Sando
Lord_Sando
✭✭✭
I was looking at all the usable Stam morphs the new necro class has. And you know what doesn't have any Stam skills? ............Stam sorc......... has NOTHING. A stam version of curse or Frag would be nice, I would even take a physical damage version of over load.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every single passive is useful as well - don't forget that. 2k health, 1500 pen, 300 mag and Stam recovery, extra crit, more dot damage given, less dot damage taken.... That's some or the most laughable off top of my head.

Meanwhile... Stam sorc has like 8 that are entirely useless.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro has basicly ALL their class passives useful for both stam and mag, what other class can brag about that, maybe only warden. The original 4 classes are riddled with useless passives and morphs.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Necro has basicly ALL their class passives useful for both stam and mag, what other class can brag about that, maybe only warden. The original 4 classes are riddled with useless passives and morphs.

I agree, there are a lot of useless passives for most specs of the original 4. Stam sorc has it really bad though.

Stam sorc has 6 that are useful at all times. A further one requires either atro or bound armour to be slotted which nobody really has room for in PvP. Another one gives allies minor prophecy which I guess is ok for pve, but why not just use a mag sorc anyway?

So basically 6 good passives. One of them being 10% magica recovery, so unless you actually build into it a bit that is kinda useless. It's like 60 magica recovery at base. I'd even argue the new amplitude is meh in PvP as getting people to like 50% health isn't hard, finishing people off is the real issue.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 29, 2019 8:26AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, Stam Sorc is astoundingly strong. I'm not at all against the concept of changing skills and passives so that they're more useful for Stamina builds, but a Stam version of Crystal Frag on top of the other damage (and mobility) that the class is capable of would be way too good.

Stamina Necromancers potentially getting some OP skills (hopefully we'll see adjustments before release, especially to the Major Defile and spammable damage + heal absorb) doesn't justify every other Stamina build also getting OP skills. The gap between Stam and Mag doesn't need to get bigger than it already is.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    And yet, Stam Sorc is astoundingly strong. I'm not at all against the concept of changing skills and passives so that they're more useful for Stamina builds, but a Stam version of Crystal Frag on top of the other damage (and mobility) that the class is capable of would be way too good.

Astoundingly strong in what way ? People exaggerate the speed so much, we only get 10% from hurricane, it's so small that it's not even noticable unless your stacking speed. And streak is so costly for stamsorc, also such a clunky skill, it has so many issues.

And what damage does stamsorc have ? A small dot from hurricane, that's it, we have no class ult or damage skills.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

Astoundingly strong in what way ? People exaggerate the speed so much, we only get 10% from hurricane, it's so small that it's not even noticable unless your stacking speed. And streak is so costly for stamsorc, also such a clunky skill, it has so many issues.

And what damage does stamsorc have ? A small dot from hurricane, that's it, we have no class ult or damage skills.
    The only thing that can potentially compete with a Stam Sorc for mobility is a Mag Sorc, and even then only in open terrain really. Combining Hurricane, Streak, Dodge Roll, and Sprint outstrips everyone in any area where there's a lot of LOS and/or AOE roots/snares.

What makes you think that Stam Sorcs "need" class-based damage outside of Hurricane? The generic Stamina toolkit is incredibly good on its own. I get that it'd be cool to have a more distinct "flavor," which would differentiate more between different Stam builds, but the lack of Stam-oriented Sorcerer skills and passives doesn't mean that the class is weak in PvP.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]
    The only thing that can potentially compete with a Stam Sorc for mobility is a Mag Sorc, and even then only in open terrain really. Combining Hurricane, Streak, Dodge Roll, and Sprint outstrips everyone in any area where there's a lot of LOS and/or AOE roots/snares.
    Stamsorcs only speed is hurricane and streak, but hurricane is only 10% and streak is quite costly and very clunky. It slows you down too much if you land on lower terrain and hardly moves you if you try to move over higher terrain, so the only time it actually gives you a distance advantage is on flat terrain and if they have gap closers it counters it anyway. I just think streak/bol could use some fixes to feel more reliable. I don't even use it anymore as it got me killed more often than it saved me.
    ]What makes you think that Stam Sorcs "need" class-based damage outside of Hurricane? The generic Stamina toolkit is incredibly good on its own. I get that it'd be cool to have a more distinct "flavor," which would differentiate more between different Stam builds, but the lack of Stam-oriented Sorcerer skills and passives doesn't mean that the class is weak in PvP.

I don't think stamsorc necessarily needs more damage skills, I was just saying that it has none apart from hurricane, I do think it needs at least 1 class ult though and some more usable passives. I just look at my stamsorc and it has no class ults, no buffs/debuffs and many missing passives. I wouldn't really call stamsorc weak but it is lacking and can be frustrating to play sometimes. With the nerfs and many indirect nerfs stamsorc feels so much weaker compared to how it used to be. Like whatever role I want in pvp I could go another class and do it better.

Edited by Crixus8000 on March 30, 2019 2:24PM
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    What does a Stam sorc do that no other class does? After the removal of Implosion why am I bringing a stamsorc over any stamina class thats not a stamblade?

Your'e not.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicalas wrote: »
    What does a Stam sorc do that no other class does? After the removal of Implosion why am I bringing a stamsorc over any stamina class thats not a stamblade?

Your'e not.

Lol stam sorc is still good, they bring high burst aoe damage, only class that competes with them in that category is Warden. If you want anyone running spin to win its the stam sorc in the group, especially with certain sets that wipe Zergs.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc has the highest mobility in the game and they do have useful class skills. It’s honestly a slippery slope if you give them a damage morph, they’re already good. Maybe people are used to them being too good.
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    Brand new classes in mmos are always broken as *** on release. It will be utter cancer for awhile then get toned down. At least this isnt TERA where they put out a class that can juggle 10 players at once and pull the best dps while being the strongest tank in the game.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gretzel wrote: »
    Brand new classes in mmos are always broken as *** on release. It will be utter cancer for awhile then get toned down. At least this isnt TERA where they put out a class that can juggle 10 players at once and pull the best dps while being the strongest tank in the game.
    ZOS actually did a good job of not making Warden some sort of pay-to-win godmode class at Morrowind's release, and I'm hoping they manage the same thing with Necromancers. There obviously may be some things that are too strong or too weak, but if some of the Stamina morphs get addressed (mostly the anti-healing, along with perhaps the leashing armor buff), I think things might turn out more-or-less OK compared to existing classes.
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Zos envisioned stamsorcs as werewolfs.. that's the purpose of them... you can't buff stamsorc too much or your gunna have an army of stamsorc werewolfs outclassing everything
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Critical Surge not useful in PvP? If not, why?
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Critical Surge not useful in PvP? If not, why?

Crit surge is very good in pvp, but it can be hard to get use out of it sometimes. It worked better in the past when stamsorc was stronger and able to hold it's own more, since to get value out of it you want to be staying agressive to see more crits, but that can be hard since stamsorc is quite squishy and is supposed to be focused on speed, because if your streaking/running away then your not going to be healing much at all. But it is a great skill, I would hate to imagine my survivability without it.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on March 29, 2019 4:50PM
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to see at least one stam morph to a class offensive skill. I think the most effective change to a skill would be a stamina curse it would allow use of the daedric protection passive and add delayed burst and fall in line with other classes like Templar POLT or warden subterranean assault.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭

Your'e not.

Lol stam sorc is still good, they bring high burst aoe damage, only class that competes with them in that category is Warden. If you want anyone running spin to win its the stam sorc in the group, especially with certain sets that wipe Zergs.

The class does not have AOE DAMAGE that is just steel tornado spam. and with this skill possible getting Nerfed next patch what does Stam sorc have then?
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

And what damage does stamsorc have ? A small dot tickle from hurricane, that's it, we have no class ult or damage skills.

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dream of a Orc Werewolf Necromancer may happen!

• Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Sando wrote: »
    I would just like to see at least one stam morph to a class offensive skill. I think the most effective change to a skill would be a stamina curse it would allow use of the daedric protection passive and add delayed burst and fall in line with other classes like Templar POLT or warden subterranean assault.

Yes yes yes yes yes
    Edited by Svidrir on March 30, 2019 4:34PM
    Ulaan Baator sorcier bdsm
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs are top performers in BGs and dueling, and do very well in GvG and small scale. Good-ish at 1vX.

The only thing they’re bad at is zerging
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your'e not.

StamSorcs have been replaced by StamWardens in virtually every pre-made PvP raid after the last patch. After the implosion nerf, Spin2Win is more effective on StamWarden, StamNecro, and even StamDK.

Since their group utility is gone, it is time for some class rework, as the class also struggles as PvE DPS (so I´ve heard) and as PvE tank (definitely).
    Edited by Thraben on March 31, 2019 10:39AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.