MAIN QUEST STUCK - No banekin for Tharn Speaks in main quest after completing Elsweyr preview

tyggerbob
tyggerbob
✭✭✭✭
I know people were having problems with Tharn not showing up for the preview if they had the Tharn Speaks Quest open. My problem is the other way around. I have completed the Elsweyr preview (which was awesome, by the way) but now, I have finished the "Castle of the Worm" but I don't get the banekin coming up to tell me to go see Tharn at the mage's guild to start "The Tharn Speaks". I have been to every starter city, every mages guild, been in and out of Davon's Watch more times than I care to think about. and a few other cities, with no luck, and even removed my add-ons to see if they were causing problems. I wasted 3/4 of a grand experience scroll running around looking for the banekin. Not happy about that.
I am an Imperial nightblade, level 38, Ebonheart Pact.
Note: removed both add-ons folder and live folder as a test. no change.
The Castle of the Worms achievement is in my list.
Any thoughts/assistance?
Thanks
Bob
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 27, 2022 5:55PM
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno (Adding this to my bug report. General is not the place for it, it seems)
    Yeah.. still no resolution or even response on this. I cannot proceed with the main questline, which is my main way of leveling/skillpoints on new character. I put a support ticket in, but because it's a gameplay issue, it got kicked over to 'Feedback', and we know what the priority is on that. So I am affected on my game play AND lost a grand experience scroll.
  • Alpakablanca
    Alpakablanca
    Soul Shriven
    Alright. At least im not the only one. I ran into the same problem today with the same backstory as you. Did the Elsweyr Prologue and now cant proceed with the main questline. Please fix this @ZOS_GinaBruno :)
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem for me. The Tharn Speaks did not start. Very frustrating.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • Stuart_G
    Stuart_G
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue even though I have not completed the Elsweyr prologue. No matter what I do, the Tharn Speaks will not start.
  • Gornag
    Gornag
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue. I has finished the Elsweyr preview and I would like to continue the main quest but the monster which should tell me that I have to meet Tahrn in mages guild does not appear. I am khajiit, 32 lvl nightblade.
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Amadis001 , @Stuart_G , @Alpakablanca & @Gornag Not that I'm happy that you have this problem, but I am glad I'm not the only one.. I was starting to think it was something I'd done. I had opened two support tickets which they instantly closed saying "Thanks for telling us.. you won't hear from us" ( @ZOS_GinaBruno you should really do something about that system. when it is a real issue like this, shuffling it off to feedback and closing it is extremely invalidating for your users)

If I hear anything from @zos I will post it here as well.. Thanks for letting me know!
    Bob
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    So.. while not conclusive proof, I have some definite indication that the Elsweyr prologue might be the cause of this. To make use of the double xp, I am leveling up another character. This one DID NOT do the prologue, and the first wayshrine I hit after completing Castle of the Worm, there was the banekin giving me the "The Tharn Speaks" quest.
    Seems pretty clear there's a connection.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I know you're super busy with the event, but if I am right, this is a showstopper for the main quest line for a subset of people, and certainly worth having someone take a look at. Thanks for your time

Bob

**EDIT*** I met two more people in Davon's Watch today with the same problem
    Edited by tyggerbob on March 30, 2019 5:09PM
  • jwynn2590
    jwynn2590
    Soul Shriven
    My husband was having the same issue. He had started the quest for Demon Weapon and had to abandon it to get his main quest available again.
  • AlanTheStarLord
    AlanTheStarLord
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that this quest started working again once I dropped The Demon Weapon quest.
  • avsw
    avsw
    ✭✭
    The same problem, and I have finished both The demon Weapon and The Hall of Colossus quests before doing main quest.
    Edited by avsw on March 31, 2019 6:28PM
    [PC/EU]
  • Pirregustavssonb16_ESO
    Pirregustavssonb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank god i am not alone,
  • Pirregustavssonb16_ESO
    Pirregustavssonb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Also as i red the Last post Removed The Demon Weapon quest. it worked got it instantly
  • hotshot99z_ESO
    hotshot99z_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have same issue. I finished Castle of the Worm and the undead minion never seeks me out to speak to Tharn. I completed the prologue quest before I started Harborage and everything was fine until now.
  • Xyis
    Xyis
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

We're aware of the issue and planning a fix for an upcoming incremental.
    Staff Post
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_SarahHecker! Much appreciated.
    Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert (Amy is still talking about how nice it was to meet you two at the event. Love the pic of you two.. you look great as a blonde.. sorry about the stress it caused.)
    Have a great day, everyone
    Bob
    Edited by tyggerbob on April 2, 2019 1:51PM
  • Alpakablanca
    Alpakablanca
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the update!
  • Vleonn
    Vleonn
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this problem too. I always wondered why a system that used to work perfectly, suddenly becomes broken for some people. It's good to know they are at least aware of the problem but it doesn't hinder the possibility for future problems. It's sad that I keep losing my faith in this beautiful game that I adore. Let's hope everything get better in overall.
  • zerohasteb14_ESO
    zerohasteb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Stuart_G wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue even though I have not completed the Elsweyr prologue. No matter what I do, the Tharn Speaks will not start.

Same here. I haven't touched the prologue but the quest won't start for me no matter what I do.
  • sweatapodimas
    sweatapodimas
    ✭✭✭
    Having a similar issue with a relatively new character. Prophet won't show up after Castle of the Worm quest. Harborage boor has a weird "Block Cost" message. I deleted all addons and repaired etc. Still messed up. Dropped the Demon Weapon quest.

dopt45mtv4h6.png
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • sweatapodimas
    sweatapodimas
    ✭✭✭
    Okay it just started to work, went to three mage guilds, no Tharn...went to one in a nonfaction starting city and there he was. lol. No indicator of the Tharn Speaks quest starting... just a random encounter in a mages guild.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    After your last maintenance I was playing the Main Quest with my new character. On completing The Castle of Worms and getting my quest rewards, I then left the Harborage in Davon's Watch. It was then that the quest broke with the following mission The Tharn Speaks not activating. There is no sign of Banekin quest giver at all, no matter how many times I have had a go. I must have done this quest a dozen times with no problems. BTW I have not done the Elsweir Prolog. Needless to say this is a game breaker.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    jwynn2590 wrote: »
    My husband was having the same issue. He had started the quest for Demon Weapon and had to abandon it to get his main quest available again.

Thanks for that, after reading what you said, I noticed than I also had Demon Weapon activated. So like your husband I abandoned it and lo and behold The Tharn Speaks quest giver appeared out of nowhere and I got my quest back. I only hope that I can get Demon Weapon back at some later stage but thanks again.
  • shirayuki
    shirayuki
    Soul Shriven
    Also worked for me immediately After dropping Demon Weapon quest.
    Thanks for the tip
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't complete The Demon Weapon, but it's not in my journal so can't abandon it, and no..Tharn does NOT Speak. Same problem as everybody else, no banekin.....so my Main Quest line is gone.
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, it's still not working. Did Elsewyr go live withouth fixing this problem??
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Oke, solved. Had the Deamon weapon quest. After I threw that away, it worked.
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    had to remove the deamon weapon quest and revisit the harborage and then it clicked back into place
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem for me. Also had to abandoned the demon weapon quest to continue the main questline.
This discussion has been closed.