The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MAIN QUEST STUCK - No banekin for Tharn Speaks in main quest after completing Elsweyr preview

• kehatchb16_ESO
    Same issue here on May 17, 2020. Unbelievable to me that this is restricting continuation of the MAIN STORY QUEST and they haven't fixed it in over a year. Despite being told exactly what the quest conflict is. And despite providing an official commitment above that this would be fixed in the next patch (which clearly did not happen).

As someone that manages development projects (and does a fair bit of development myself) I can't fathom how this could happen. There should have been an official pinned thread the moment this was identified, and then a rapid fix. This is dysfunctional.
  • NuclearSqworms
    I submitted a help quest ticket, which FAILED to help. I left a detailed explanation of the problem, too. They had me delete everything in my live folder - which did nothing to help trigger the quest.

After reading these threads, I deleted the Demon Weapon quest and the quest triggered.

They should fix this. Clearly everyone has had this issue - and the support staff do NOT know how to fix it. Which is troubling.
  • Aylios
    Aylios
    ✭✭
    Over a year later and still no fix.
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    I just had this problem and deleted the demon weapon and went back to the main city and got the quest right away.
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    An annoying work-around is to finish the entire Elsweyr storyline (north and south), then Tharn is no longer busy in Eslweyr and will properly advance the Main Story quest. I have had this with two characters, and only after finishing the entire story line did the bankin show up again.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    They also created the same problem with Markarth dlc😏
    One of the main lessons for anyone who wants to do quests in ESO: "never ever take any preview quest unless you want to do it right now. And if you take them by mistake - delete them ASAP".
    ZOS "cares" about new players....
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    An annoying work-around is to finish the entire Elsweyr storyline (north and south), then Tharn is no longer busy in Eslweyr and will properly advance the Main Story quest. I have had this with two characters, and only after finishing the entire story line did the bankin show up again.

😨😰😱 I pray I won't encounter the same problem. I barely forsed myself to finish Elsweyr story with one character after many months and for pet only and seriously doubt I will go through that nightmare again 🤢
  • riverwolf
    riverwolf
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm that this bug still persists as of March 2022. If you have The Demon Weapon quest, The Tharn Speaks banekin won't pop until you finish or drop The Demon Weapon.
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hehe I thought we had this fixed after my GF talked to you and @ZOS_RichLambert at E3 years back.. I guess it got reintroduced..
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in March 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.