The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

L'ALCHEMY IS A BIG DEFECT OF THE GAME

deadtek
deadtek
✭✭
Alchemy is a big defect of the game because plants are either too expensive or too rare.
Do not forget that a potion is used every 45 seconds and that it increases resource regeneration, damage, survival and gameplay etc.
The solutions that I propose are suppliers like those of the kitchen, for example: 20 Blessed Thistle, 20Bugloss, 20 Emetic Russula, 10 Lorkhan's Tears by mail or all the alchemists of tamriel sell waxed apothecary's parcel 250 gold coin

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not a supply issue with Alchemy, not from my perspective.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    these changes are essential for any type of player: beginner, pro, etc.
    the prices in guild shop are too high 30k Lady's Smock, 30k Water Hyacinth, 80k Corn Flower !!!
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    the prices in guild shop are too high 30k Lady's Smock, 30k Water Hyacinth, 80k Corn Flower !!!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will absolutely agree with you that the prices on basically everything in eso for ingame Gold is too high.
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    I address these proposals to the developers and to the influential teso community, do not hesitate to express yourself on this subject
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    the telvar system is not a solution for all players
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear your frustration. However, I never found ingredients to be particularly rare (especially with points in Keen Eye passives and Harvest Map addon), and gold is very easy to come by in this game.
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    these 2 solutions are best suited for all players and especially those who want to spend their gold coin to buy something else
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    I play on xbox one on the European servers (i'm french) and I can assure you that the achimie and a big problem
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deadtek wrote: »
    these 2 solutions are best suited for all players and especially those who want to spend their gold coin to buy something else

That's your choice.
    I play on xbox one

Before switching to PC, I spent several years on Xbox. I was maxed in CPs and engaged in end-game content. Even there, I never found ingredients to be particularly rare.

I will agree that prices on Xbox were higher than on PC, but even then gold is easy to come by. You just don't want to spend it on ingredients. Fine, go farm them. They're not as rare as you're making them out to be.

Edited by The_Lex on March 28, 2019 8:56PM
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    why the kitchen supplier will provide a lot of ingredients while we use food about every 2 hours.
    and a potion every 45 seconds
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    2h of farm equals 20 plants of each
    it's ridiculous
  • deadtek
    deadtek
    ✭✭
    on xbox to make 800 potion = 130k gold coin
    how do beginners play with potions permanently (dungeon, raid etc)?
    I understand that some player is no problem but confessed that it is not well done as a system for all players
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beginners have to spend the time and skill points it takes to achieve proficiency in the craft, @deadtek ... everyone else did it and so can you.

Fortunately for you alchemy is one of the easiest crafts to level and be proficient at.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you harvest every plant or type of water that you come across while running around doing other things, you should have no problem acquiring common Alchemy ingredients.

If people are charging outrageous prices for common Alchemy ingredients in the guild stores, it's because they're greedy and not because Alchemy needs to be "fixed." This problem of people charging outrageous prices in the guild stores is all across the board and not limited to Alchemy ingredients. When people look up the current price range and average selling price of an item before they post it for sale, they need to realize that average asking price doesn't mean that others are willing to pay that much. On the very rare occasions when I do buy something from a guild store, I always shop around for the lowest price before I buy, and if I think the lowest price is too high then I don't buy it at that time if ever. All it takes is a bunch of greedy would-be sellers asking outrageously high prices to skew the average price so it's higher than people are willing to pay.

That said, it would be nice if the Alchemy merchants actually carried ingredients and recipes the way other crafting merchants do. It's crazy to think that not a single NPC within the game world ever had the bright idea to sell Alchemy ingredients or Alchemy recipes.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

These alchemy sales are essential to people that farm tel-var stones. I just farm some stones and trade in for waxed apothecary satchels. Writs/surveys help also. End game players should know how to make gold. Beginners don't need immovability pots in a delve and I'd recommend saving all flowers when novice until you reach gear cap or start to PvP competitively.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you relying solely on the people who farm alchemy mats for your potion supplies? If so, you are going to wind up at the mercy of the people who actually do spend time picking flowers or farming tel var. If not, maybe you need better farming grounds? I never had problems finding alchemy reagents as long as I used the Keen Eye passive.
    - Sincerely, one of those people who actually picks flowers to sell on guild stores.

Hint: the Hollow City in Coldharbor only has flowers and the starter islands are small areas with all the nodes of a larger zone.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd disagree. Potion addiction seems to be a PvP-only thing. You can certainly do all the PvE quests without using any potions at all.

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    If people are charging outrageous prices for common Alchemy ingredients in the guild stores, it's because they're greedy
    Okay. So they're greedy. But if their prices are outrageous, then why do people keep buying them at those prices? If they price it too high and nobody buys it, then they just wasted gold on a listing fee. So clearly, people are buying it at those prices. So why? Could it possibly be because the rate of acquisition of the ingredients is not well-balanced against the rate of consumption? I.e., that there is a lot of demand and not a lot of supply?

Think of it this way: if it takes someone one hour to gather together enough ingredients to support one hour of vet trials, that means someone needs to devote half their time to mindless node grinding instead of actually playing the content. Tell me, does that sound like fun?

ghastley wrote: »
    I'd disagree. Potion addiction seems to be a PvP-only thing. You can certainly do all the PvE quests without using any potions at all.
    Nobody's going to waste good potions on questing. Potions are for endgame content. That might be serious PvP. Or endgame PvE, like vet trials.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch