The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Earthgore in PVP zones

Warpig6Delta
Warpig6Delta
✭✭✭
Please, I know it's a lot to ask, but when stam toons are rocking Earth gore as a "second chance" it should be looked at. I get it, play how you want etc. I get it believe me, I've made some crazy wacko builds but when stam blades are even crutching off Earthgore. It's time to take a look at it. I know it's been nerfed, but it's become the monster set of choice for players in cyro everywhere. So I think in my humble opinion, maybe lock it out once you enter a pvp zone, until a decision from the devs can be achieved . I know plenty of PVP peeps who agree, when you start getting them second chance monster sets that cleanse and insta heal yourself and others around. Well, you don't get carried much more then that. Ever since it hit the golden I've seen every Tom, ***, and Harry put that monster set on and hit the cyrodill world. And the worst of the worst, I've seen a guy heal guards in the background on a resource keeping them up. It's basically a meme...once upon a time if you didn't get it with blood, sweat, and soul gems in Bloodroot forge, well....you didn't get it. My .02 cents
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't nerfed, it was buffed, or the change was at least neutral. It's a major crutch that saves people from dying and I have had countless kills stolen from me by an Earthgore proc. Seeing someone being saved like that through no effort of their own or their teammates is extremely discouraging and a really negative experience in general. You blow your ult, nearly die to secure a kill, basically doing everything possible to get them into execute range, and they're saved (or multiple people are saved) simply because they're wearing a 2 piece set. It's absurd and something that shouldn't be possible. Heals as powerful as earthgore should be limited to expensive abilities that you have to activate on your own or ults, but in ESO they're frequent and automatic because every other person has the set on.

We really need pvp specific nerfs on item sets like Earthgore. Saving yourself or someone else from certain death should require you to actually play the game, not just be present.
    Edited by ecru on March 24, 2019 2:08AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kill people in earth gore proc a lot it just prolongs their death of I don’t. I don’t think we should nerf this pve progression set for pvp.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it was nerfed. Used to be that it soaked up every ground-based effect with a single proc.

It's still a really good set, maybe still too good. But its definitely nerfed from what it was.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they should go down the slippery slope of disabling specific item sets in PvP, but I think this set is too strong and needs adjustment.

Show me DD set that deals 30k AoE damage and soaks up enemy healing... It doesn't exist because it would obviously be OP.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the healing completely from the set. Replace it with a buff that increases the healing taken when standing inside the red area for it's duration. This way your healer still has to heal you in order to save you.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget the lag it contributes to when a certain faction stacks and nearly everyone seems to be wearing it...
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Remove the healing completely from the set. Replace it with a buff that increases the healing taken when standing inside the red area for it's duration. This way your healer still has to heal you in order to save you.

I mean whenever you damage most zergs or ball groups all you see is Red Rain when you really should be listening to Purple Rain. Clearly it is good, but what's kinda silly is using it in 3 dps 1 tank dungeon runs on tanks. On the PVE side it may well need nerfs to make healers actually needed for heals. This idea covers both.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this 👍
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    There are many legitimate concerns being raised in the Forums, but I fail to see this as one. I play a healer in BGs and I actually stopped using Earthgore because of it being too unreliable. It works great for defensive games or in any moment when your team is staying in one area, which is like 5% of the time. Otherwise it is proccing at bad times or the battle moves out of the effect. I actually switched to Troll King for more reliability. I could see how a DD build using this could seem OP, but in the burst meta I see people die while in the bloodrain often. No, this set doesn't need a nerf, at least not at my level of play. (somewhere between trash and noob).
    Edited by SacredEarth on March 24, 2019 2:54PM
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it was announced in the class reps notes that ZOS will be looking at earthgore performance by next patch. Hopefully it will be adjusted the right way when Khajiit lands are released.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree completely. This set is way out of line. You can get four people on you all wearing Earthgore. This set is nothing but a crutch. Healers were doing just fine in this game without it and it was a terrible decision to introduce.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't let it layer it won't be a prob.
  • Warpig6Delta
    Warpig6Delta
    ✭✭✭

That's a great idea!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry EG is totally nerfed next patch :trollface:
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭

Oh this is a very good suggestion. DO IT. ZOS!
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭

In this case, it is necessary nerf Troll king, Blood Spawn, Chokeltron, Engine Gardian, Pirate Skeleton, Lord Warden and pieces to resists, as they give the same protection. When I was told that I won only because Erthgore, I just changed a set on resists and ..... also won.
    Do not forget that the set is being put is another strong set and if you nerf, nerf ALL protective as monster sets.
    Edited by Chubarov_S on March 31, 2019 11:48AM
    Theorycrafter manaNB
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chubarov_S wrote: »
    In this case, it is necessary nerf Troll king, Blood Spawn, Chokeltron, Engine Gardian, Pirate Skeleton, Lord Warden and pieces to resists, as they give the same protection. When I was told that I won only because Erthgore, I just changed a set on resists and ..... also won.
    Do not forget that the set is being put is another strong set and if you nerf, nerf ALL protective as monster sets.

Not the same thing.

a) YOUR resists are not a group thing. They are not saving everyone.
    b) If you notice that you are facing a tankier player you can change your approach to the fight.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution for PVPers: Turn off all Monster Sets in PVP zones. Done. Then you guys would complain that you don't get to use them....sigh. Never ends with the nerf threads.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a picture of an Earthgore tooltip posted in a Discord that's apparently from the Boston event, showing some changes:

(1 item) Adds 4% Healing Done
    (2 items) When you heal yourself or an ally that is under 50% Health, you conjure a pool of quenching blood underneath them, immediately removing all previous enemy placed effects, and healing the lowest Health ally in the area for 31200 Health over 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 35 seconds.

If those changes go through, I believe that's a doubling of the 1 piece bonus, and limiting the proc to the lowest HP player in the area, rather than everyone.

Edit:
    That probably won't help the situation of offensive Stamina builds running the set for their own benefit (unless a friendly player happens to be really close to them when a Vigor triggers it), but at least it won't be as powerful in the hands of a zerg.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on March 31, 2019 12:21PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What campaign do you guys play on? In BGs most healers prefer different sets. In the 30 day non-CP campaign I’ll sometimes see it but not often.

Are you actually seeing the proc or is this a salty ‘I lost in pvp so some set must be broken’ thread?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see it as a problem. I mostly play on shor NA campaign so we don’t have to deal with the ball groups. When I do play on Vivec I avoid the ball groups.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    What campaign do you guys play on? In BGs most healers prefer different sets. In the 30 day non-CP campaign I’ll sometimes see it but not often.

Are you actually seeing the proc or is this a salty ‘I lost in pvp so some set must be broken’ thread?
    I don't really do Cyrodiil very often at all, but some dedicated healers in BGs will run the set at high MMR on PC-NA. It's particularly annoying when against premades, since it's often hard enough to actually get someone low to begin with, then Earthgore ruins your shot at a kill.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

I don't really do Cyrodiil very often at all, but some dedicated healers in BGs will run the set at high MMR on PC-NA. It's particularly annoying when against premades, since it's often hard enough to actually get someone low to begin with, then Earthgore ruins your shot at a kill.

That’s odd, almost all healers I speak with in high MMR prefer nightflame. PC-NA. Health pools jump like crazy in pvp and pvp healing is a lot twitch. Someone can jump from over and under 50% healthy 5 times per player per minute (if I had to guess).

I’ve seen you in BGs but think you’re in a higher bracket. I still get a lot of groups who don’t run good defense, but sometimes come across the super tanky premades.

Are people who’re complaining actually seeing the animation?
    Edited by Iskiab on March 31, 2019 6:11PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s odd, almost all healers I speak with in high MMR prefer nightflame. PC-NA. Health pools jump like crazy in pvp and pvp healing is a lot twitch. Someone can jump from over and under 50% healthy 5 times per player per minute (if I had to guess).

I’ve seen you in BGs but think you’re in a higher bracket. I still get a lot of groups who don’t run good defense, but sometimes come across the super tanky premades.

Iskia we’re really not sure if you’re high MMR because we never see you in those matches.

Not an attack on you or anything because MMR has nothing to do with skill. I just keep seeing you writing that and then not seeing you in the high MMR matches.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With OP crap like Zaan / Selene / Velidreth / Valkyn Skoria in the game, Earthgore isn't really that much worse to warrant to nerf it and nothing else. They should downgrade every overperforming monster set.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Iskia we’re really not sure if you’re high MMR because we never see you in those matches.

Not an attack on you or anything because MMR has nothing to do with skill. I just keep seeing you writing that and then not seeing you in the high MMR matches.

Yea, I think I’m in the middle high tier if that makes sense. I’ll sometimes be thrown in that tier and sometimes be in a lower tier. I think I saw you once on a templar?

I think the system is based on score, so while pure healing I’ve been getting crappy scores. I solo queue at different times of the day and most days just do the daily. I do more AvA.

Like look at this score, what BS. Are these high MMR names?

https://imgur.com/njoRXKN

I assume I’m sometimes in high MMR because I’ll be up against streamers like Fengrush or Dotsgaming in premades.

https://imgur.com/cVbdzoM

Since your score is hidden, I’m really not sure.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 31, 2019 8:39PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I think I’m in the middle high tier if that makes sense. I’ll sometimes be thrown in that tier and sometimes be in a lower tier. I think I saw you once on a templar?

I think the system is based on score, so while pure healing I’ve been getting crappy scores. I solo queue at different times of the day and most days just do the daily. I do more AvA.

I assume I’m sometimes in high MMR because I’ll be up against streamers like Fengrush or Dotsgaming in premades.

Yeah my stamplar is my lowest MMR toon Right now :( vancevella is the only toon I recognize on your list. When it’s 4AM est he’ll get bumped up to high MMR due to the lack of other players in that range at that time.

Fengrush and dottz are both mid MMR players. Fengrush’s Stam sorc pushes to upper MMR, and any time he’s grouped with Bobbius (mograine ironfist) then combined they’ll be in the highest MMR.

Edit: again, not trying to say anything about any of these players. MMR has nothing to do with skill. If fengrush played just one or two characters instead of spreading his matches out between 8 then he’d be high MMR for sure.

For streamers that stream high MMR matches, you can watch me, mystikkal, or novellilol
    Edited by Thogard on March 31, 2019 10:20PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry EG is totally nerfed next patch :trollface:

Hmm, maybe it finally happens then. Just in time we do get a new class that has a ranged resurrection for 3 people though. :trollface:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For streamers that stream high MMR matches, you can watch me, mystikkal, or novellilol

I’ll check it out. I think I’ve seen mystikkal in a BG, that names rings a bell. So I guess that puts me in the middle high range? Idk, the whole system is a black box so it’s hard to tell.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore is not that op, it has huge cd for it proc. And remember- healing in pvp cut in twice, so u get around 14k healing. Same as overbuffed healing with trollking+fury+vigor+rally. Learn to play with some minor/major defile? Time nb ult on it proc? No, better cry that its op and should be nerf