The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Elsweyr Preview Event @ ZOS

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after NDA lifted on 25 March, will players or class Rep provide preview details of Elsweyr ?

It is not March 25, but yes, we will be able to provide details of Elsweyr content.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 13, 2019 9:17PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after NDA lifted on 25 March, will players or class Rep provide preview details of Elsweyr ?

Embargo has changed to March 28. Could change again. At that time any press that reviewed it, or players that reviewed it can dilvulge details of the new chapter.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they move the date? I'm already dying from anticipation. Needs the details on Necromancers asap.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they move the date? I'm already dying from anticipation. Needs the details on Necromancers asap.

It was a simple error. They throw dice to determine these things, and the "8" looked like a "5". :smile:
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those darn fancy dice...y’just never know what they say...
    710x528_192074_126266_1549602794.jpg
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those darn fancy dice...y’just never know what they say...
    710x528_192074_126266_1549602794.jpg

Ow! My feet hurt just thinking about stepping on that d4.
    Options
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to those selected. Recognition of your contribution to the game.

Though what about feedback from players across the spectrum? Ie newer players. I am thinking about the hoard of new players about to come in and u are hoping to hold onto. Their viewpoint could be helpful?

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matchimus wrote: »

Though what about feedback from players across the spectrum? Ie newer players. I am thinking about the hoard of new players about to come in and u are hoping to hold onto. Their viewpoint could be helpful?

Newer players get to try out new content on the PTS and leave their feedback then.

The issue with bringing in genuinely newer players at earlier stages of the game develoment is that they often don't have the game experience to provide focused feedback for anything other than the "new player experience" of someone picking up necromancer for the first time in Elsweyr. And if ZOS wants the brand new player experience, they can grab anyone off the street for that.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ie newer players. I am thinking about the hoard of new players about to come in and u are hoping to hold onto. Their viewpoint could be helpful?

Feedback from new players is an interesting conundrum. On the one hand, they view the game with entirely different eyes, and on the other hand, they have no experience with the game and have difficulty with context.
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Newer players get to try out new content on the PTS and leave their feedback then.

The issue with bringing in genuinely newer players at earlier stages of the game develoment is that they often don't have the game experience to provide focused feedback for anything other than the "new player experience" of someone picking up necromancer for the first time in Elsweyr. And if ZOS wants the brand new player experience, they can grab anyone off the street for that.

I cater a majority of my content for new players and helping them. I took feedback from them on what was confusing to them, etc with me. We got them covered! Our feedback wasn’t just on Elsweyr. We also provided really great overall game feedback as well which was amazing.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    The 12 PCs in a room point is an argument for more than one room, or carrying out the testing on consecutive days. Not for a three week break between the two.

12 PCs in the room isn't "an argument," it's a statement of fact about the room that ZOS uses for group testing. Technically there's a 13th terminal by the door, but that's not used for testing.

I realize this may be difficult for you to understand, but we are talking about a physical location. It is literally across the hall from the room where they shoot ESO Live, and about 20 feet from their coffee maker.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worth knowing that if the NDA for Elsweyr is anything like the Summerset NDA (which it almost certainly will be), there's going to be a few no-go topics, until it hits Live. Content Mechanics (mainly for Halls of the Colossus), and the storyline will be off the table. Also, if the testers wandred into anything unannounced and unrelated to Elsweyr, that will stay off the table indefinitely.

Also, worth remembering, the stories for Morrowind and Summerset were under NDA during the PTS betas as well, so you really weren't supposed to be discussing those storylines, or mechanics publicly while they were on the PTS.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kevduit Are you going to suggest a DDR Trial??????
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno In honor of the new necromancer class, ZOS should put the weapon outfit styles for Nerien'eth in the crown store. It would sell nicely because of the lich and necromancer theme especially if they make sure the sword looks like Nerien'eth's from the dungeon.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »

I cater a majority of my content for new players and helping them. I took feedback from them on what was confusing to them, etc with me. We got them covered! Our feedback wasn’t just on Elsweyr. We also provided really great overall game feedback as well which was amazing.

Yeah, I figured with ZOS asking a variety of experienced players to come out and test that there would be people eager to keep new players in mind. Its great to hear that's indeed the case.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when will we hear from those who came and tested out the Necro class?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when will we hear from those who came and tested out the Necro class?

March 28.
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The little spies are TELEPATHIC! ZOS counter intel 101, tsk!
    Options
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 Days left and counting.
    Options