WHY make one of the event tickets tied to the Dark Brotherhood prequest of murdering someone?

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    With the over abundance of events and tickets earned for each you can easily skip the Sacraments. It's not required in any way.

Well if you want to try to evolve your mount to different types, every event ticket will count.

Which is why some of us (who are able to separate real life from a video game) will be getting our evolved indrik before you do ... ;)
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the best part of this post for me xDDDD
    You understand there are kids who play this game?
    fX4nv5v.png
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try and pretend it's just a video game, like the murders aren't real. Then I go home and play eso.
    Options
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Ye I get where you are coming from.

Yet we all have the power to role playingly overwrite the game's point of view to meet our individual preferences

Example.
    This "innocent" npc is only innocent on the surface due to disinformation and local "corrupt "authority" protectionism.
    The Dark brotherhood has eyes and ears that see past the sleep walking senses of the common Tamrielic muggle and you would know this or you'd not have been initiated and invited to the Hood.

And since you know that the label of innocent is quite the opposite, you will take out this target with the clear clean focus as you would a home invader.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try and pretend it's just a video game, like the murders aren't real. Then I go home and play eso.

Fortunately, I no longer live where that's going to be a true statement.

Of course, I also no longer live somewhere I could get real broadband.

Bottom line.... life is more important than bandwidth. Until.... life and death becomes a matter of that bandwidth. Fortunately, I don't see that becoming an issue for me.

Yet.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to think I'd be uncomfortable with the idea of murdering someone in this game.

Then last night I racked up a nearly 8,000 bounty killing every single person in a sacrament quest without even bothering to stealth, just for the hell of it. It's just a game.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I am asking a legitimate question here.

It doesn't matter if this is a game or what. WHY is there a prerequisite to murdering an innocent NPC just to unlock an event quest?

They aren't innocent ;)
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    Its threads like this that break my sarcasm detector.

Not every NPC you have to murder can be Grelod the Kind, who you can sort of halfways justify if you approve of vigilante justice.
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Just reading some of the comments on this thread makes me really depressed at humanity.

Doesn't matter if its a "game". The very idea of killing an innocent person should be avoided entirely in theory and in actual practice.

Tells you the psychological state of the people in this world.

Slow your roll, Mr. Oversensitive.

It absolutely does matter that it's just a game; a game isn't real.
    Just because I choose to partake in this particular aspect of a game does not mean that I'm going to run out my door in real life and start killing people in the street.

You (and anyone else) making a blanket judgement about the psychological state of people is insane. Just stop.

I would very much agree. This Is A Game! Keep your tray tables in an upright position and hang on! This is Fantasy! It’s not real nor does it reflect any aspect of reality! Neither is it to be confused with reality. People who cannot discern between this Game and reality are the only persons who are dangerous.

Those people might identify themselves by ranting about how horrible it is that an NPC (Non Player Character) is “killed”, although it never had life to begin with, and is tantamount to real murder.!?

Neither does this have anything to do with children because children are not supposed to be playing this game. That is the failure of the parent without question. This is not a children’s game.

Your argument lacks merit and a strong grasp of reality. You are fearful of what is in your mind, not what actually exsists. I would say your concern is what is disturbing. You are to invested in the fate of an animated character. Think about how overly sensitive you are being. Be concerned about reality and real people, not a computer generated series of zeros and ones.
    Options
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like this activity in the game, then u can skip it. Fortunately we got enough tickets. Next event at the end of the month and next one 5th anniversary 35 day long event (5 weeks).
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    And regarding the tickets... are the Impressarios offering anything other than berries and feathers, yet? (Or is that change coming with Elsweyr?)
    I'm at the 12 ticket limit (too murdery, I guess), but I'm not going after any of the Indrik stuff.

i thought that i saw there might be a ticket-purchasable pet, but i can't recall and i can't find it at the moment
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    LIKE WTF kind of message are you trying to put out there with this kind of prerequisite?

WHY must I kill an innocent NPC just to unlock the event quests for Dark Brotherhood?

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

Here we go again a 17+ game and a person who just realized it and now tries to complain about it...

...in addition, if there are kids playing a 17+ game, that is clearly marked and marketed that way...don't blame the game makers, blame the parents...

Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I am asking a legitimate question here.

It doesn't matter if this is a game or what. WHY is there a prerequisite to murdering an innocent NPC just to unlock an event quest?

Because it is a DB event. That is the answer. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other events for tickets--though I suppose you will also complain about having to steal in a heist (or stealing a pig).
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think I'd be uncomfortable with the idea of murdering someone in this game.

Then last night I racked up a nearly 8,000 bounty killing every single person in a sacrament quest without even bothering to stealth, just for the hell of it. It's just a game.

i do it because i absolutely despise those quests.

i hate heists almost as much, but at least there's no bounty, there. :smiley:
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    With the over abundance of events and tickets earned for each you can easily skip the Sacraments. It's not required in any way.

Well if you want to try to evolve your mount to different types, every event ticket will count.

Which is why some of us (who are able to separate real life from a video game) will be getting our evolved indrik before you do ... ;)

To be fair, there have been so many opportunities for tickets already that people could have skipped this event entirely and still had enough tickets left to buy the 4th berry the second it is released.

For example, as of Saturday, I have the Nascent Indrik, 3 berries, a second set of 4 feathers, and 2 tickets. Fortunately, when I evolve the nascent indrik, I can immediately get a new one since the dawnwood one is an uglier version of the nascent with gaudy glowing gold clouds that make no sense whatsoever. What are those clouds supposed to be apart from ugly?
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

i do it because i absolutely despise those quests.

i hate heists almost as much, but at least there's no bounty, there. :smiley:

I keep forgetting the blade of woe doesn't avoid being noticed in heists.
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see an issue with this. It's a game that's rated appropriately and the dark brotherhood quests already reward you for assassinations. Also I'm quite certain most people realize that this is a game and not real. We're not really killing anyone. Plus as has been pointed out most of rewards in games like this come from killing someone or something. You level up and do quests that often involve killing others. In the end it's just a game. None of it is real and no actual people were harmed.
    Options
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    .... Is this a Frost Troll or a River Troll? I can't tell....

World Boss I think

Or maybe Jack Thompson.
    Options
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should check out Star Dew Valley or The Sims or maybe one of those flash dress up games they sound like they’re right up your alley OP.

Do you know how many ways there are to kill sims in The Sims? It can be quite a violent game.
    I recently summoned a meteor onto one because they wouldn't die in the magic box like I wanted them to.

The only time I played Sims my character invited some friends over for a BBQ and was so busy cooking hamburgers on the patio grill that he accidently caught himself on fire and burned to death. Meanwhile, his so-called-friends ate everything in his kitchen, threw their garbage on the floor, then left. The Sims world is a brutal place...
    Master Craftsman!
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    S2rDxAy.png

A thread in which I can post this image again. Huzzah.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIKE WTF kind of message are you trying to put out there with this kind of prerequisite?

WHY must I kill an innocent NPC just to unlock the event quests for Dark Brotherhood?

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

Yeah well... you know what the dark brotherhood is right?
    So if a npc is not "innocent" you can kill him ? Those poor bandits are only trying to make a live in tamriel you know?
    Maybe that innocent npc is a child murder... there is no kids in the game and you can't prove me wrong.

#Doublestandards
    Signature

Options
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should check out Star Dew Valley or The Sims or maybe one of those flash dress up games they sound like they’re right up your alley OP.

Do you know how many ways there are to kill sims in The Sims? It can be quite a violent game.
    I recently summoned a meteor onto one because they wouldn't die in the magic box like I wanted them to.

The only time I played Sims my character invited some friends over for a BBQ and was so busy cooking hamburgers on the patio grill that he accidently caught himself on fire and burned to death. Meanwhile, his so-called-friends ate everything in his kitchen, threw their garbage on the floor, then left. The Sims world is a brutal place...

My favourite death was when Romeo from Sims 2 came over, played bass for hours, then did the hungry action and keeled over dead. Would rather die than stop playing.
    Options
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a player killing a NPC is considered to be evil/twisted/insane, shouldn't the designers and writers be considered worse? Because they are the ones who creates this stuff, makes it possible and actually imagine the set and all the other stories where the murder has happened.

We can get philosophical on this topic. If murder is considered to be: an act where you end someone's life, we should start asking: were the NPC alive in the first place? What is a NPC? To me, they are lines of code, a logical structure, with art assets tied to them to depict them. Is a logical structure an alive being? I beg to differ. The NPCs has never been alive, therefore when I "kill" them, I do not commit a crime, I just play the way the designers intended the part of game to be played.

The whole world of Elder Scrolls franchise works differently from ours. It is not reasonable to try to apply a moral code from our world into the world of TES, because different aspects are weighted differently and the world of TES has completely different views on subjects.
    Options
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LightMaster7
    Your question is moot in the sense that the murder of innocents in ESO has long been rewarded. This is simply another reward for the murder of an innocent.

We have a whole DLC dedicated to the murder of innocents. Whether your morals make playing it objectionable to you is up to you. Compared to the single player TESO games the Dark Brotherhood in ESO feels a bit tame. It may just be me, but the Dark Brotherhood in e.g. Oblivion felt much darker to me.

What would have been more interesting to me is a DLC that acted as a counter to Dark Brotherhood: something like a Lawbringer DLC where you get e.g. skills to prevent the murder of innocents, or to help apprehend thieves. There is much unused potential in the justice system.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
    Options
  • Sapphire_Lily
    Sapphire_Lily
    ✭✭✭
    I’m incredulous that an adult can have no compunction when joining an alliance, which is mandatory, and participating in the systematic eradication of invading forces yet recoils at the moral turpitude of murdering an ‘innocent’ NPC. You know there was collateral damage to civilians during the base game, right? You murdered the Orc king in Wrothgar and usurpered his thrown. There is morally ambiguous choice in every DLC since.

Everyone can distinguish between fact and fiction. There is no way to diplomatically state this without offence but you’d have to be intellectually dense to conflate people with characters with abhorrent views and a lack of morality with the person themselves espousing the dogma of the Dark Brotherhood.

Using the blade of woe is a prerequisite because you’re partaking in an event to commemorate the Dark brotherhood. There is no conspiracy to compel you to play the event and lure you into a den of iniquity, the tickets have been made available in abundance.

Was the PvP event a war simulator? Was it to make us amenable to killing others due to difference of belief?
    Edited by Sapphire_Lily on March 10, 2019 9:49AM
    Options
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because murder is fun!
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now you know why there are no children NPCs in this game.
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax, tickets will come to Crown Store soon. No need to do even a single quest, just buy them! :D
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don’t HAVE to do the events

You don’t HAVE to get event tickets

Even if you want ALL the indriks in the world there are easily enough events and event tickets to allow you to choose which ones you want to do.

The entire premise of the Dark Brotherhood is that you are a badass assassin, so killing an innocent shouldn’t be an issue. In the story it’s an important choice for your character to make and helps define their personality. Not every character is a stone killer (although most seem to spend most of their time killing men, mer, beasts, daedra and all manner of things living or undead without any apparent psychological trauma). So it’s totally a matter of choice if you want to do it.

If the idea of killing for event tickets puts you off, fair enough, go get them another way and avoid this event. You won’t even have to wait that long until the Jester’s Festival of pig-thievery comes along to thoroughly frustrate a generation of mudball loathers.

Remember, it’s a GAME. Have fun.
    Options
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kids should'nt be playing the game anyway, it is either rated 18 or M for mature.

Kids should'nt play many games, but they do, blame the parents, if you want someone to blame.

Just 1 example, GTA, i dont need to say much more than that.

Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game isn't for kids. And it's up to each and every player if they want to get these tickets.
    This game is basically about killing anyway, so I don't see how a murder of someone supposedly bad is worse than killing two dozens of gang members overland, in any of all these zones? I mean, most members of the bandit gangs all over are probably not evil people, but just poor NPC's looking for a way to make a living.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.