The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

WHY make one of the event tickets tied to the Dark Brotherhood prequest of murdering someone?

LightMaster7
LightMaster7
✭✭✭✭
LIKE WTF kind of message are you trying to put out there with this kind of prerequisite?

WHY must I kill an innocent NPC just to unlock the event quests for Dark Brotherhood?

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

You understand there are kids who play this game?
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI

a45u6h.png
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    FYI

a45u6h.png

whatever. That does not imply that you should be promoting the idea of *MURDER* for the sake of a critical event that EVERYONE is allowed to participate in to get an EVENT TICKET.

[Edit to remove profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 9, 2019 8:40PM
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it time for fake outrage about virtualized murder again, already?
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI

a45u6h.png

whatever. That does not imply that you should be promoting the idea of *MURDER* for the sake of a critical event that EVERYONE is allowed to participate in to get an EVENT TICKET.

You know what the Dark Brotherhood is, right?
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI

a45u6h.png

Or even make MURDERING a prerequisite to participate in a game-wide event.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... Is this a Frost Troll or a River Troll? I can't tell....
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol

rip decibel
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    LIKE WTF is society and people these days? Seriously like WTF? How have we ever come to this point in our society?
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    .... Is this a Frost Troll or a River Troll? I can't tell....

World Boss I think
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is evil, yes TG is not good guys but they are more common criminals as in get lots of gold with little work.
    Db is more of an murder cult.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you to a point. I'm not concerned with the content itself, more so that I wish I had a choice and wasn't required to do both. I'd like it if I could do two things for the thieves guild for my tickets, rather than having to go do the dark brother hood (was never a fan and never will be) and I'm quite certain people who find heists/the thieves guild annoying wish that two quests for dark brotherhood would count towards the daily ticket total instead.

Yes it is an event for both DLC's so I understand why both are included, but it's a little irritating that it's mandatory to get the tickets (especially from an RP standpoint)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I am asking a legitimate question here.

It doesn't matter if this is a game or what. WHY is there a prerequisite to murdering an innocent NPC just to unlock an event quest?
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because its the Dark Brotherhood anniversary event, if you don't like the Dark Brotherhood, don't do the Dark Brotherhood part of the event that's celebrating the release of the Dark Brotherhood..

....Dark Brotherhood.....
    hail sithis!
    love is love
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    DB is evil, yes TG is not good guys but they are more common criminals as in get lots of gold with little work.
    Db is more of an murder cult.

I get that, but its stupid that they require you to MURDER an innocent NPC just to unlock event quests.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am 68 and I too am concerned. I tried it as I try everything ESO gives us. I was very unconfortable and won't do another anything for Dark Brotherhood, as the look on my characters face repulsed me when she was murdering. I do not believe this should be part of any event.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because its the Dark Brotherhood anniversary event, if you don't like the Dark Brotherhood, don't do the Dark Brotherhood part of the event that's celebrating the release of the Dark Brotherhood..

hail sithis!

It's also a gamewide EVENT that is tied to getting tickets for content that has nothing to do with the DARK BROTHERHOOD. Event TIckets shouldn't be tied to specific other quests that require unlocking to get at it.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the over abundance of events and tickets earned for each you can easily skip the Sacraments. It's not required in any way.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    Is it time for fake outrage about virtualized murder again, already?

You had to know it was coming.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    With the over abundance of events and tickets earned for each you can easily skip the Sacraments. It's not required in any way.

Well if you want to try to evolve your mount to different types, every event ticket will count.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You understand there are kids who play this game?

srJMdEB.jpg
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

hail sithis!

It's also a gamewide EVENT that is tied to getting tickets for content that has nothing to do with the DARK BROTHERHOOD. Event TIckets shouldn't be tied to specific other quests that require unlocking to get at it.

Write back in a while during Midyear Mayhem, not everyone wants to play YOUR game.
    love is love
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hail sithis!

You could say the same thing about every other event ticket. What if I don't like the Clockwork City or the Undaunted or I hate the Dunmer and didn't want to go to Vvardenfell?
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to make you buy eso+ or dlc. they want your money
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ivEP6Qi.jpg]
    Edited by Hamish999 on March 9, 2019 7:50PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I am asking a legitimate question here.

No, you're being silly.

And if "murdering people" is a problem for you, there's also the hundreds and thousands of bandits/soldiers/possessed civilians/confused people/sentient concepts/etc that you have to slaughter in the rest of the game's content.
    (actually, this reminds me of a thread waaay back on the Skyrim forums. Guy comes in complaining that it's impossible to play a "good" character, since you have to kill things in the game. /facepalm)

Also, as others have mentioned - there's extra tickets if you total up every event. This allows people to skip content they might prefer not to do (like assassination, for you. Or PvP for me).
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread subject is basically a 🤡 show.

So many things in the world to worry about and this is not one of them.
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the occupants of the sewer, smuggler’s den, and trader’s cove will kill me pretty much on sight, so I’m thinking they’re not so innocent. 😈
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not just the "prequest," OP. Everything with regard to the Dark Brotherhood that you just unlocked (the Sacraments) involves the assassination of NPCs; that's what the Dark Brotherhood is all about.
    So any ticket earned from DB sacraments during this event will require you to MURDER an "innocent."

Sounds like you need to skip the Dark Brotherhood; you don't have the mettle.
  • FluffyKitten
    FluffyKitten
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not doing this event, not because moral reasons but I just thought both DB and TG was too boring for me to suffer thru each day, Just wait for the next event.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? Heh?

With every skill in the game u kill someone or something. This game not a farmwille. If you kill a mob with a skill, u r a murderer. If you kill a wild animal u r a murderer. LoL. Why are u playing with this game?! There are plenty other games there aren't option to kill.
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on March 9, 2019 7:17PM
This discussion has been closed.