Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Choixth Surreptitiously Shadowed bug (rare?)

kenyoni
kenyoni
Soul Shriven
Greetings,

Platform: Xbox One

I have now run into Choixth 5 times in Murkmire in 5 different locations. Each time, when I get near, she says "Watch your step. You never know what might jump out of the murk to kill you."

I then engage her and she says ""So, you decided to take up my invitation? Followed me all the way out into the middle of nowhere? I'm flattered, and you're lucky."

My choice at this point is "Goodby". That's it. No other dialog options. And I don't get the "Cross Paths with Choixth for the First Time" achievement point.

I can find only one comment referencing this: (comment #4 of the thread) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5679650#Comment_5679650

Since I can find no one else complaining about this, it's probably a rare corner case or some condition that prevents the dialog from progressing.

thanks for any help on this,
kenyoni.
Edited by kenyoni on January 9, 2019 1:42AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone! I had the same issue and didn't get the achievement either, on PC/NA.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on January 9, 2019 2:12AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • kenyoni
    kenyoni
    Soul Shriven
    I bet it's related to this bug:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458202/swamp-rescuer-bugged

So, @ZOS_GinaBruno, I think the actual bug is:

Some Murkmire achievements are not being recorded, specifically for the "Swamp Rescuer" and "Surreptitiously Shadowed" achievements..

Xbox/NA/AD
  • Krayvaan
    Krayvaan
    ✭✭
    Just to keep this active, I'm having the same issue.

Any time I try and progress the achievement: "Surreptitiously Shadowed" with the NPC Choixth in Murkmire, and can reproduce a crash in the game client.

It also doesn't allow the achievement to progress. I've had my 'first' encounter with her 5x now, and the achievement doesn't record it.

I'm on PC-EU.

- The first time I talk to her (she always uses the 'first time encounter dialogue'), I choose <Remain Silent> every time until she cracks.
    - The second time I talk to her within the same encounter, I choose <Remain Silent> once, then "Fine, I'll talk"
    - If I try to talk to her a 3rd time, the game client crashes, and the error log pops up.

I've been able to reproduce this twice in the same way.

I've submitted a ticket, with the reference: 230325-002011
  • AshKhenir
    AshKhenir
    Soul Shriven
    Krayvaan wrote: »
    Just to keep this active, I'm having the same issue.

Any time I try and progress the achievement: "Surreptitiously Shadowed" with the NPC Choixth in Murkmire, and can reproduce a crash in the game client.

It also doesn't allow the achievement to progress. I've had my 'first' encounter with her 5x now, and the achievement doesn't record it.

I'm on PC-EU.

- The first time I talk to her (she always uses the 'first time encounter dialogue'), I choose <Remain Silent> every time until she cracks.
    - The second time I talk to her within the same encounter, I choose <Remain Silent> once, then "Fine, I'll talk"
    - If I try to talk to her a 3rd time, the game client crashes, and the error log pops up.

I've been able to reproduce this twice in the same way.

I've submitted a ticket, with the reference: 230325-002011

I am having the exact same issue on PSNA. It has crashed my game application four times so far, twice today alone just as an experiment.

And to add, I did do the "A Book and it's Cover" achievement prior to attempting to speak with Choixth if that may or may not matter.